PDA

View Full Version : Luna's Tale: A Game Animated By Me!

Anatotitan
05-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Hey all! Remember how it's been nearly impossible to get a hold of me lately? Well that's because I've been hired to animate this game!:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maestroigames/lunas-tale-curse-of-the-forgotten-doll

It's a sidescrolling platformer about Luna, a girl who was given a magical talking doll as a kid. When she grew up, she became less interested in magical kiddie adventures, and the doll thus became resentful and angry. So the doll did what anyone would do in that situation: she kidnapped Luna's boyfriend, turned everyone in town into dolls, and pulled her into a crazy dimension full of evil toys. The levels are all based on the doll's memories, as well as Luna's childhood fears, hopes, and dreams.

Please spread the word! Link to the Kickstarter, tweet, promote, make fanart, whatever! Also be sure to vote us up on Steam Greenlight! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255245708

A mere $10 ($7 for early backers) will get you a copy of the game. Right now it'll be on Ouya and Steam (IF YOU VOTE IT UP SO BE SURE TO DO THAT!) but depending on how much money we get, we can put it on more consoles. If you're a high roller and want to go for the upper tiers, there are rewards such as shirts, soundtracks, art books, and shotglasses. And if you're a REALLY high roller (or you pool your resources... jus' sayin'...) you could even design an enemy or boss that I'll then animate into the game

If you have any questions about the game, just ask! And if you have any suggestions, feel free to make them! I'm hoping that some day we can run this game at a marathon, so please help me make that happen by getting the word out there!

PS I'm hoping we get to the "voice acting" tier because I reeaaaallllyyy wanna do Stupid Selphie Voice for the doll.

caramelslice
05-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Good stuff! Any particular engine you guys were using? I've only really looked at Unity and UDK. A friend did get me to look into Construct as well since he was using it for a school project.