PDA

View Full Version : The Speed Gamers at E3 2015?

DrewStern
06-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Okay, this is probably a crazy suggestion but I think it would be incredible to do. It would be amazing if the community to raise money to bring a booth out to Los Angeles for E3 2015. Community members with passes would take turns manning the booths and exploring around the show floor, to show off all of the great games to the community. Guests from all different companies can make appearances to show off their products for the live stream, and it could get the community a ton of exposure.

You can even make a marathon of it! Maybe a 72 hour marathon spread out between Texas and Los Angeles (during show floor hours). I know Twitch has their own booth this year and did a promotion on gaming for charity. Maybe teaming up with them could be a great start! Perhaps IGN or GameTrailers would be viable partners, as well.

Also, by riding off the indie marathon success, you can invite independent developers back to showcase their games on the world's biggest video game stage. What do you all think?

P.S. If this does work out, DrewStern would love to go.

rudy06
06-13-2014, 11:32 AM
The biggest hurdle right out of the gate would be cost. Doing a quick google search, I found a number of articles that just the cost of the space is $30,000+.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/16/breaking-down-the-cost-of-an-e3-booth/

They said they had 600 square feet of space at the price tag. Now that space could be shared by multiple groups (in addition to TSG), but you are still talking 6 groups(for 10x10 sections) at $5,000 each.

I think moving to another convention (like PAX South) would be the easier transition. Cost is a whole lot lower as well.

But (taking away my serious side) it would be awesome to see a TSG booth at E3 one day!

MSico
06-13-2014, 05:29 PM
^PAX South. Yep yep yep yep yep

DrewStern
06-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Regarding the price problem, it probably would be best to pair up with a major organization such as Twitch or IGN. I'm sure the community could even raise $5000 together to make this happen.

I would like to see TSG at PAX East though! It could be such a blast.

ck14500
06-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Regarding the price problem, it probably would be best to pair up with a major organization such as Twitch or IGN. I'm sure the community could even raise $5000 together to make this happen.

I would like to see TSG at PAX East though! It could be such a blast.

Don't get me wrong I would to go to e3 to see tsg but looking at the stuff that we might have to ship over for a booth and what not.... That super costly for the e3 prices...

On the other hand... Any pax event at some point would be great!

Baltes
12-23-2014, 12:19 AM
i know this is old but I'm surprised to see that nobody mentioned you can't just attend E3. It's an industry/media event, you have to submit a request, provide credentials, and hope that they approve it. Even with that in mind, because of the cost I am almost 100% certain this will never happen.

jdtwins2009
12-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Likely the only way it would happen is if we were invited or something haha. Would be awesome but yeah.

Baltes
12-23-2014, 01:10 AM
even if we were invited we would have to be lucky enough to have costs covered as well. I don't think any of us can afford this lol

jdtwins2009
12-23-2014, 01:21 AM
If we ever got invited I bet we could have a slight shot at MAYBE going/affording it lol. Would try and make it so

Baltes
12-23-2014, 01:49 AM
it's at least $800 per ticket, I don't know if that gives you access to everything, but after hotels and airfare, JD where is this hidden stash of cash you've been hiding from us all?! I'll help you count it

jdtwins2009
12-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Righhhhhhht, "count" it!

MSico
12-23-2014, 07:26 PM
I thought it was absurdly easy to get in, they let youtubers in and stuff?

Baltes
12-23-2014, 07:59 PM
I think Twitch and Youtube have to speak for you though, like you get in via them