PDA

View Full Version : Request

Boo_24_7
06-21-2014, 07:31 PM
So when I was donating to win the Pokemon Blue copy, I said I had a request for if I won. It's a different kind of request but something that I would really love to see happen. It's simply that I have a request for a certain charity foundation in the future.

What I would like to see for a future charity is the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (http://ccfa.org/). Crohn's isn't a terminal illness such as Cancer and the like, but it can be and is a very debilitating and chronic disease. It's actually not that uncommon and most likely a lot of you know someone who has it, and hell, maybe some of you yourself have it. I myself was diagnosed with Crohn's back in May of 2006, and since then it has been extremely severe and recurrent. I've taken every drug in the book, I've had a handful of surgeries, leading to the complete removal of my colon and a total lifestyle change, and recently have faced a pretty serve bout of depression.

But this isn't about me, it's about the millions of people with Crohn's and the families that live with it. I've gone through a lot of bad times, and there are people who have had it easier, and some who have had it harder. My request is simply to give Crohn's and Colitis the time it deserves. From my experience it usually get's pushed out of light in favor of Cancer (not downplaying Cancer, that is a serious condition and it needs to be supported), but because Crohn's isn't terminal, it's not as supported. Not to mention that many people, myself included, usually try to avoid even talking about it and seeking support because it's such an embarrassing topic.

I know it's not up to me to decide what you all choose to raise funds for, but I know it would mean a lot to me to raise money for a rather serious disease which I feel doesn't get as much support as it should. Thank you for reading. And thank you Nob for allowing that awesome Pokemon Blue copy to be auctioned off. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Sonic62
06-22-2014, 11:35 AM
I totally support this, I do know someone affected by this, so it would definitely be something that I'd like to see donations for.