PDA

View Full Version : Favo[u]rite Game(s) of 2014

cHicKeLoR
12-30-2014, 07:23 AM
Hey all,

Since the year is almost over we can finally start talking about the game/s that we liked the most in 2014. Some may be in our personal top10.
Since I only have a pc and 3ds my choices are obviously limited. If I had a WiiU I would guess that a lot of wiiu games would be on my short list.

Shovel Knight (3ds)
Weapon Shop de Omasse(3ds)
Pokemon ORAS (3ds)
Smash (3ds)
Risen 3 (pc)

Are my top new games this year. I am not sure I could choose a game that is - for me - the most outstanding. What I can say is that, if given the time, I would like to revisit all of them in 2015.

If any of them are in my all time top10 is something I cannot say at this moment but they are all contenders.

I am looking forward to your picks :)

Ammy175
12-30-2014, 09:20 AM
Steins;Gate (can't wait for the PS3/Vita versions), Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd, both Dangan Ronpa games, and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire prolly make my top 5 (from favorite to least favorite). I'm really liking Persona Q so far, but I'm still semi-early on in that.

MSico
12-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright! And Watch_Dogs, although nobody believes me... but I 100%ed that game and loved it every step of the way :3

Sangome
12-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Smash Wii U was pretty much everything I had hoped for. ORAS has been a lot of fun too.

And even though it was released a year ago I finally got Super Mario 3D World and I'm retroactively making that my GOTY for last year.

KEM64
12-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Favorite Games of 2014:

-Dust: An Elysian Tail (Steam).
-Rogue Legacy (Steam).
-Bastion (Steam).
-Battleblock Theater (Steam).
-Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS).
-Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS).
-Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS).
-Fantasy Life (3DS).
-Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS).
-Shovel Knight (3DS and Steam).

cHicKeLoR
12-31-2014, 05:45 AM
oh.. Weapon Shop de Omasse released in US/EU in 2014 and in Japan quite a bit earlier.. well.. still a good game :D
by bad

@Sangome: yeag I only hear the best about that Mario. I think it will be a must buy as soon as I buy myself a WiiU at some point.

@MSico: What system did you play Watch_Dogs on? I'm curious if there are major differences.

@KEM64: I just bought Battleblock. Only played a few stages but it feels really great to play.

lionheart91
12-31-2014, 07:20 AM
I've only played one game that came out this year and that was Infamous: Second Son, so I'm going with that by default.

Gamer David
12-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors, it's just a completely awesome game imo. Not only is it easily my favorite game of 2014, it shot up to my favorite games of all time list practically from day 1.

diddyknux
12-31-2014, 10:02 PM
This topic needs more Bayonetta 2 love. Great gameplay, visuals, music, characters, and story. I enjoyed damn near everything about it.

GrimsChild
01-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Can't decide between Under Night In Birth and Guilty Gear Xrd. Both of the absolute masterpieces in their form (latter for graphical capabilities, former just for being down right FUN)

Honourable mentions go to Towerfall Ascension, Dark Souls 2, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Alien Isolation, Wolfenstein The New Order and Smash Wii U (probably forgetting a couple atm)

aaronpaul
03-13-2015, 05:34 AM
1. Goat Simulator
2. Titanfall
3. Far Cry 4

caramelslice
07-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Drakengard 3 and Bravely Default. Even with the sort of lack-luster final portion, overall I found Bravely Default to be very enjoyable.