PDA

View Full Version : Dota 2

AnythingButAwesome
07-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Is anyone watching The International? I don't play Dota 2 habitually but I do make sure to watch The International every year. The prize pool this year is $17,567,415. http://www.dota2.com/international

If anyone is interested in playing Dota post in this thread and maybe we can get together and play some games. New players welcome, I'm not super experienced myself.

CommentatorGuy
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Actually there are quite a few people watching TI this year that are also part of the TSG community! GO NAVIIIIII!!!!!!

If there are any responses to this thread please post your mmr's I am curious of peeps ranks =)

darkstar7646
07-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Is anyone watching The International? I don't play Dota 2 habitually but I do make sure to watch The International every year. The prize pool this year is $17,567,415. http://www.dota2.com/international

If anyone is interested in playing Dota post in this thread and maybe we can get together and play some games. New players welcome, I'm not super experienced myself.

That's crazy and out of control. I'm sorry, but making every player on the champion team a dollar millionaire is just far too much for e-sports in the present form. It's one of the reasons you are seeing players taking drugs (like Adderall) to try to improve their play.

Imagine winning one tournament and making more money in that two weeks than the winner of most golf tournaments... All but the top 500 NFL salaries... etc.

Too much money. I'll watch, but too damn much money involved and I think it raises the expectations across the video-game board.

AnythingButAwesome
07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
I haven't played long enough to get my MMR even though I've had the game since it was invite only. I just kept quitting and going back to it then realizing I don't really have enough time to play. But I have a little more time on my hands nowadays.

Just watched Na'Vi vs Secret, I can't imagine you are too happy about those games. Those cameramen on set in TI keep doing really weird things, like zooming in on the screen when they are picking.

CommentatorGuy
07-28-2015, 07:36 PM
@darkstar theres no such thing as too much money in the prize pool!

@anythingbutawesome I dont want to talk about it =( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO