PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six: Siege

rudy06
01-05-2016, 12:55 AM
Any other players out there? I have been watching it pretty consistently on Twitch enough that I had to get the game.

I've been enjoying the game itself quite a bit. Plenty of variety for playstyles on both attack and defense and every match has felt a bit different than previous ones. Communication is definitely key as I notice any game that we get steamrolled in is one that was pretty quiet. I'm always looking for people to play with if anyone here at TSG is interested. Definitely still learning the maps as that is probably the largest aspect of the game.

Uplay username: rudymcdohl

untuxable
01-12-2016, 01:55 PM
What platform do you play on? I don't have it myself, but I was thinking about picking it up for the Xbox One....

The only TC games I've played are Rainbow Six Vegas 1/2 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, all of which I enjoyed immensely. If you've played them, how does it compare to those games?

rudy06
01-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I play on PC. I have never gotten used to using dual analog to aim (only exception was Medal of Honor: Frontline.)

It's been awhile since I played any other Tom Clancy games. The last one I really played was one of the Splinter Cell games. I would say this is a pretty different experience though from what I remember, though I do know the more recent games have been a bit faster paced. Rounds in Siege have a 3 minute time limit, so you can't progress as slowly or be as stealthy as you can in other games. On the other hand though, tactically there are many options at your disposal. Destructible walls, windows, and floors allow for a variety of places to surprise the enemy. Attackers have access to drones to investigate rooms before physically entering, while defenders have placed cameras (both of which can be destroyed.) Also, sound is incredibly important. You can hear windows being busted into, movement sounds (footsteps, shuffling, reloading, etc...), and even when a person begins to rappel outside a window. Crouch walking, walking, default run, or sprint all make different levels of noise as well. In addition to all of that, each operator (character) has a specific specialty that only they can do.

In addition, there is a Tom Clancy bundle on Humble Bundle right now. It ends tomorrow, but has a nice set of games. XD