PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sun/Moon starters

TheSpeedGamers
05-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Alright friends I know Rowlet is also the talk but c'mon Litten IS LIT. Which starter are you rollin with??

jdtwins2009
05-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Going to have to buy 3 copies so I can use them all I guess

GoldGameMaster
05-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Rowlet, I've always picked the grass starter and I'm not about to change that.

ZebraGoomba
05-18-2016, 08:09 PM
Rowlet is my pick. They're all really good this time around though. Rowlet's just a step above the other two.

jdtwins2009
05-18-2016, 08:13 PM
I can't wait to see their evolutions, I'll make a decision then

Ammy175
05-18-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm in the minority that doesn't immediately hate Popplio, it feels like sometimes.

Rowlet's still the best, though.

TheSpeedGamers
05-19-2016, 01:59 AM
Ya, im surprised Popplio has received as much hate at it has. Any predictions on its evolution types?

LordDirtyBritt
05-19-2016, 02:38 AM
I'll decide my starter once I learn of their stats and movepools, but in terms of design Rowlet is the winner for me. The designs for Litten and Popplio are still pretty neat too.

MSico
05-19-2016, 08:23 PM
POPPLIO MASTER RACE

When those evolutions come out and y'all all cryin' like "waaah I didn't know they would turn into a can of soup and a grasshopper" I'm'a be over here like WASSUP

Ruju
05-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Rowlet is cute but grass is too common. Gotta go with fire or water.

Seals are my spirit animal so I have to represent with Popplio

LordDirtyBritt
05-20-2016, 04:17 AM
I always find Water to be the most overpopulated type myself, hence why I don't normally choose the starter of that type.

NicoCW
05-20-2016, 02:00 PM
See the problem is that Rowlet is so phenomenal that comparing it to the other two just isn't fair. So it's basically a battle between Litten and Popplio, and Popplio is the winner. Popplio looks like it's ready for business all the time. Litten looks like it's judging you all the time.

Also, these are the only starters that have a theme going on in their base forms, whereas all the previous starters were just type + animal, so I think we can make a more accurate guess on their types, besides Rowlet's which is already revealed. I think Grass/Flying, Fire/Poison & Water/Fighting are the most likely.

Muzy72
05-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Team Rowlet all the way yo. He's just so much better than the rest!

This is honestly the first time I'm going to be picking the grass starter! I've been pretty evenly split between Water and Fire (picked Charmander in Gen 1, Torchic in Gen 3, and the rest have been water), but never grass, so it's nice to have something different. And I'll actually be able to appreciate the myriad of Water types that are available since I won't be stuck with the Water starter. Oh, and I don't have to bother getting the early bird Pokémon either since Rowlet is already a Flying type!

pkGamerB
05-30-2016, 12:59 PM
I actually really like all three starters this time. Litten is my favorite so far, followed by Rowlet and then Popplio, which has grown on me since I first saw it. Since I like birds, I may just end up picking Rowlet though, unless the early route bird is as good as Talonflame or Staraptor. That said, in the last two generations, the water type has started off as my least favorite and ended up being my favorite once I saw the evolutions, and I've gone with water in 4 out of 6 gens overall. tl;dr - I have no idea which one I'll pick.

CaptainSlug
05-30-2016, 01:20 PM
I wonder if they are gonna find a way to make another fire/fighting type, cause everyone loves those right? :P. if I end up getting the game I'll probably go for the water type this time.

LordDirtyBritt
05-30-2016, 02:31 PM
They broke that chain with Delphox, so I doubt that Game Freak would go back to that era.

MSico
06-04-2016, 12:36 PM
I was reading that all three starters are fire/fighting

jdtwins2009
06-04-2016, 12:53 PM
I don't know which I would choose then! They would all be great!!

Gamer David
06-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Just a new game where the Starters are Torchic, Chimchar, and Tepig. I'd go with Chimchar personally :P

Apple314
06-08-2016, 12:03 PM
I'm going to go with Litten first, since I always start with the Fire starter. Plus, it's adorable! There's always plenty of options for other strong Water-types, and Alola looks like it might be the way of Hoenn for amount of water. All three are the cutest starters we've had for a while. Don't know why Popplio gets so much hate, really.

I feel sure Litten will end up with Fire/Dark typing. Just anything that isn't the dreaded Fire/Fighting will be good. Popplio I have a feeling will be Mono-Water.

pkGamerB
06-10-2016, 11:55 AM
I feel sure Litten will end up with Fire/Dark typing. Just anything that isn't the dreaded Fire/Fighting will be good. Popplio I have a feeling will be Mono-Water. I really hope Popplio doesn't end up mono-water, especially since Rowlet is already confirmed dual type and Litten looks like it could evolve into one, just based on design. Plus, we already have three mono-water starters just like we have three fire/fighting starters, so I'd be pretty disappointed with that outcome. Even though Sceptile is my favorite Pokemon, I feel like mono-type starters are kind of boring. I'll trust in Gamefreak though, my least favorite water starter is Feraligatr, but it was still my favorite gen 2 starter.