PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing Mobile

TheSpeedGamers
05-24-2016, 02:26 PM
So we know that Nintendo will be releasing a mobile version of Animal Crossing this Fall..but how do we think it will play? I think the smart route for Nintendo would be to keep it just like the other entries in the series and make it f2p. The franchise already heavily revolves around cosmetics and Nintendo could use much of the cosmetic portion of the game to make their money. I'm not saying every cosmetic should have a price tag but they could have certain cosmetics exclusively pay. I think this would give the game a huge install base and a good return on their investment in the long run.

kmmgreen5
05-25-2016, 11:42 PM
I m thinking they should go with a simplified version of the game and maybe add a little bit of happy home designer with it. Just a little taste of what an actual game is. Maybe theme it around traveling like riding the train or bus and you visit other people.

jdtwins2009
05-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Animal Crossing is one of my favorite games, very curious on what their plan is for the mobile game.
I just hope it's got a longer life for me than Miitomo, which is/was fun but it didn't have legs at all. Played it for a week or two basically every day but after that I barely check it once a week.

Animal Crossing has some big potential though, if it's a companion app to an actual game then OH BABY

Stonepaw
05-29-2016, 01:59 PM
I just hope it's got a longer life for me than Miitomo, which is/was fun but it didn't have legs at all. Played it for a week or two basically every day but after that I barely check it once a week. Yeah Miitomo just doesn't have any reason to continue playing but I could really go for a mobile Animal Crossing.

jdtwins2009
05-29-2016, 02:05 PM
I think they could have hit it big if they had a couple other bonus games inside of Miitomo, in addition to the drop game.

What would be amazing for Nitnendo apps would be like the 3DS Streetpass games on mobile! Find Mii, Puzzle Swap (use the completed puzzles as phone wallpapers), Flower Town, all of em!
Have it line up with your 3DS games and the save transfers (if Kindle can update your last read point Nintendo can have games update too!) so you can always make progress in the mini games.

Apple314
05-29-2016, 04:59 PM
I was going to say I hope they don't just make it a Miitomo clone! But some Miitomo-esque, social media like functionality might be fun. Visiting other people's towns/houses/whatever they use and leaving messages when they're not around.

jdtwins2009
07-26-2016, 08:13 PM
So with the announcement last week it's safe to bet that the app will launch right alongside the New Leaf DLC update.

I can't wait, been having a major itch to get back to my town of Butts and play more.