PDA

View Full Version : Does TSG have Discord?

Pennyplaysgames
05-26-2016, 07:05 PM
I was just wondering if TSG has a Discord server? It would be fun to get on and talk with all you fine people.

Penny

MSico
05-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Maybe that's the solution... I've heard of Discord, I know Harshlycritical uses it.

CaptainSlug
05-26-2016, 07:53 PM
I asked Britt about it last night he said one of the other staff members had the name reserved for one. so I assume he was in the process of setting one up. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

localretard
05-26-2016, 08:34 PM
We use Mumble mostly, however I did reserve a name for Discord. We've switched VoIP clients so much though that I don't think the people using Mumble want to switch.

If you want the mumble info it can be found in this post (http://community.tsg.tv/showthread.php?15505-Guild-VOIP-RaidCall&p=587411&viewfull=1#post587411)

CaptainSlug
05-26-2016, 08:55 PM
so that's a no on the the discord :confused:

ZebraGoomba
05-26-2016, 10:00 PM
Discord is really good. I think it would be a good idea, but at the same time, that really comes down to how many people would actually be willing to hop on the server.

CaptainSlug
05-26-2016, 11:16 PM
how many people are active in the mumble?

kmmgreen5
05-27-2016, 12:28 AM
i was wondering about this too just for ease of use. since you can use it in the browser and everything too.

Baltes
05-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Mumble averages 10-15 very active users in the evenings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptainSlug
05-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Maybe there is some kinda compromise, like we could just have both.

Baltes
05-27-2016, 10:59 AM
People are welcome to use what they like, but as far as what we at TSG use personally, we're not going to use multiple programs for one function. We've switched around enough. Maybe if mumble shits itself again we will jump to discord but there are very active mumble users who claim to be unable to use discord. Mumble is definitely the most versatile voip app we've tried so far.

localretard
05-27-2016, 09:20 PM
who claim to be unable to use discord.
Uh, what?

Baltes
05-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Uh, what?

Two people that have said they can only run it in browser and their computer takes a shit when they do
I don't understand it, it's just what I was told

CommentatorGuy
05-28-2016, 07:57 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see TSG having a discord server we use in the near future

Baltes
05-28-2016, 08:48 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see TSG having a discord server we use in the near future
I mean, we have a Discord server, it's there, we've just elected not to move to it yet

CaptainSlug
05-29-2016, 12:59 AM
At first mumble seemed to be working fine but now its causing me weird hardware issues, so i eagerly await the discord server

TheSpeedGamers
05-29-2016, 02:37 AM
I mean, we have a Discord server, it's there, we've just elected not to move to it yet
Has anyone posted a link to it? Forum users could take to it if they want to and then mumble peeps can stay in mumble. I'll personally be using mumble since it's been established and we already do game nights and all that jazz on it. But if forum users want to do their own thing, I'm cool with that.

Baltes
05-29-2016, 05:38 AM
I don't know how to post permanent links to discord because the links it generates for the server expire after 24 hours.
Slug what issues are you having with mumble?

localretard
05-29-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't know how to post permanent links to discord because the links it generates for the server expire after 24 hours.
Slug what issues are you having with mumble?

If you click instant invite and then advanced settings you can choose "No Time Limit" and regen the link:
https://discord.gg/0gfAJMTbVdp1QRl1

CaptainSlug
05-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Well I'm using logitech g930 headset and every time I go on mumble it causes this weird problem where sound stops coming out of my left ear-cup. When I looked up the solution it seemed it was a common problem but none of the fixes worked for me. It wouldn't be too bad except the problem persists even after I close mumble and the only thing that seems to make it go away is restarting my pc a few times.

localretard
05-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Well I'm using logitech g930 headset and every time I go on mumble it causes this weird problem where sound stops coming out of my left ear-cup. When I looked up the solution it seemed it was a common problem but none of the fixes worked for me. It wouldn't be too bad except the problem persists even after I close mumble and the only thing that seems to make it go away is restarting my pc a few times.
I was in the same boat. What solved it for me was I had to go into the playback devices, and click configure on the g930 and remove the surround speakers.

CaptainSlug
05-29-2016, 11:52 AM
At the risk of this turning into a troubleshooting thread.That was the first thing I did it didn't work TT_TT, I also tried one where it said to change the output in mumble to direct-sound instead of WASAPI but the option was grayed out and that lead me down something that said to change compatibility to windows xp to force it into directsound but the furthest could go back was vista. none of it worked. Seeing how many ppl were using the mumble it seemed like there were too many to force to change discord just because mumble doesn't work for me. I'll just stick to the forums for the time being and if the discord takes off I'll use that too.

Pennyplaysgames
05-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Are there any rules to who can use the Mumble or when or any kind of rules at all?

TheSpeedGamers
05-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Are there any rules to who can use the Mumble or when or any kind of rules at all?

Anyone can join, same rules on here basically. Just be respectful and all that good stuff. It's very laid back; gaming talk and goofin around.

Pennyplaysgames
05-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Cool. I figured as much but it's always good to make sure before you go into someone else's Mumble.

Ninboycl
06-07-2016, 12:32 PM
People are welcome to use what they like, but as far as what we at TSG use personally, we're not going to use multiple programs for one function. We've switched around enough. Maybe if mumble shits itself again we will jump to discord but there are very active mumble users who claim to be unable to use discord. Mumble is definitely the most versatile voip app we've tried so far.

I like Discord. πŸ‘

kebby129
06-07-2016, 12:35 PM
I like Discord. πŸ‘

I LOVE discord πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Ninboycl
06-07-2016, 12:37 PM
I LOVE discord

U know what? U rite. I love Discord. πŸ™ŒπŸ™

kebby129
06-07-2016, 12:43 PM