PDA

View Full Version : I've been wondering about "TSG"

Pennyplaysgames
05-27-2016, 07:54 AM
I've been wondering since the change happened, what prompted the brand change from "The Speed Gamer's" to "TSG"?
I have always assumed it has something to do with getting away from the "speed" part of the name. That you didn't want to imply that you were speed runners or something like that. But ultimately I have no idea.

Since we have the more active forums movement going on, I figured now was a good time to make a post and satisfy my curiosity.

Baltes
05-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Idk about everyone else, but I just got tired of people trying to sell me meth with my video games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdtwins2009
05-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Yeah we're still TheSpeedGamers, but for sake of getting a little away from the speed portion we went with the change.

I usually say "I'm part of TSG, TheSpeedGamers, we raise money for charity by streaming games" etc

TheSpeedGamers
05-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Pretty much what Jd said. When we first started doing marathon in 08' streaming speed runs was not really a thing. Since speed running has really taken off we figured we could emphasize the speed less since groups like SDA are the real champions when it comes to gaming at the speed of sound. We still try to do our best though and study runs to put on a good show.

JaggerG
05-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Yep. They're trying to take the "Speed" out of "TheSpeedGamers," and I'm shoving it right back in. :^P

kmmgreen5
05-28-2016, 05:01 PM
wait I'm confused I thought we were "TheSpeedDaters"