PDA

View Full Version : Persona 5 Release date Feb 14 2017

TheSpeedGamers
06-07-2016, 01:10 PM
As the title says, Persona 5 has a release date, Feb 14 2017. I'm yet to play a Persona game but I'd like to make this my entry point. Do the stories of the previous games roll into the new one or is the series similar to Final Fantasy where the games stand alone?

caramelslice
06-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Each game is its own standalone thing. You'll have some recurring characters and other cameos. But you should be fine if this will be your first entry into the series.

rudy06
06-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Yup, as caramelslice said, each one is standalone. I own 3 and 4, but have sadly beat neither of them (though I did enjoy both.) The one piece of advice I would give is to just enjoy your first playthrough of the game and don't worry about doing everything. These games are very in-depth and require a lot of planning if you want to try to accomplish everything in one play through, so save yourself the stress and just soak in the atmosphere (Persona games are great at creating them.)

If you want to look back at the other games, I like 3's story but find some of the gameplay mechanics to be frustrating. 4 fixes basically ALL of those mechanics I found annoying. Many would suggest going with Persona 4 Golden (as it adds some content), but I only have the original.