PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

TheSpeedGamers
06-14-2016, 10:55 AM
OH EM GEE , Nintendo looks like they're giving us a truly open world/sandbox experience with the new Zelda. The trailer even included crafting. I can't wait to see the gameplay demo which is about to go down in just a little bit on twitch. Here's the trailer for anyone that missed it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE

Gamer David
06-15-2016, 10:26 AM
It's looking awesome overall, can't freaking wait for this game!

Kennyan
06-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Is it just my imagination or has everything we've been shown so far already been done in other Zelda games, just never at this scale?

-Open world -> The original Zelda
-Stats and itemless jumping -> Zelda II
-Durability -> Shields in Skyward Sword
-Consumables for health -> Apples in A Link Between Worlds (Possibly others that I'm forgetting)
-Crafting -> Bombs and arrows to make bomb arrows in Link's Awakening
-Stealing enemy weapons -> Wind Waker

The list just goes on, and it gives the feeling that the series really has been working towards this point all along.. I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on this..

TheSpeedGamers
06-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Is it just my imagination or has everything we've been shown so far already been done in other Zelda games, just never at this scale?

-Open world -> The original Zelda
-Stats and itemless jumping -> Zelda II
-Durability -> Shields in Skyward Sword
-Consumables for health -> Apples in A Link Between Worlds (Possibly others that I'm forgetting)
-Crafting -> Bombs and arrows to make bomb arrows in Link's Awakening
-Stealing enemy weapons -> Wind Waker

The list just goes on, and it gives the feeling that the series really has been working towards this point all along.. I'm looking forwards to getting my hands on this..

Those are good points. This is like...the end all zelda. I have a lot of timeline theories.. I've watched all the tree house presentation videos twice. They really went all in on the open world and just overall "open" mindset.

kmmgreen5
06-17-2016, 05:43 PM
If I may point out its open-air not open world. (Think more shadow of the collosus than skyrim).

Kennyan
06-17-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm not familiar with that distinction, and google yields no additional information.. What's the definition for each term?

kmmgreen5
06-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Ya I had to look it up myself cause I thought it was weird nintendo ' s e3 site would say the genre is open-air adventure

Open-air means an open environment so you're free to explore and tackle things how you want.

Open world is widely used to describe how big the world is and the ability to literally do anything. Like skyrim for example would be open world you're able to go and do w.e you want take quests etc.

But the way zelda is there's still a containment to it the world is just bigger. There's still a main goal you're aiming toward. Kind of like sotc you can explore and tackle any collusus you want but the main goal is killing all of them

Dementrious
06-25-2016, 03:03 AM
A lot of modern Zelda games have like a Hero difficulty. I hope BotW does and it's like a true survival mode. We already know that being in the cold can hurt you if you don't protect yourself from the elements, but I want that cranked up with the hard mode. I want to have to manage hunger too.

Summer
06-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Definitely looking forward to it, it looks really interesting.