PDA

View Full Version : any speed gamer i wanted to ask you something

birdmaster
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
i go to a high school and we are really big in community service recently i brought up doing a video game run and they informed me if i learned how to do it they would allow it. so i was wondering if you can help tell me how to set everything up so far i have
a 42 inch hd plasma tv
a webcam
a computer and wifi
a xbox 360
a will
controllers
and games
thats about it so i was wondering if you could help me out i was wondering how i format the video and chat . and how to capture the video game live with out a webcam. if you help and tell me what i need maybe if you want to help advertise and if you tell me how to i will put the speed gamer logo in the corner while playing and say i got the idea from you so you can also take credit for it. i also live in Chicago and if we do this and you help i can probably get this in a Chicago newspaper so you can receive more publicity. we really do not care who takes the credit for doing this we just want to help people and have fun.

so far with the group i am working with want to play halo 3, call of duty 4 and world at war, left 4 dead, madden 09, the 3 donkey kong countries and the orange box.

thanks for all your help and i think you guys and my school could really raise a lot of money if you help us. i have watched about 5 of your speed runs and i think my school and capture the image of the speed gamers very well. and thanks if you decide to help me.

kmmgreen5
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
watch this video by fettouhi on capture cards
it'll explain alot
http://vimeo.com/2804023

birdmaster
03-26-2009, 09:31 PM
my school cant use a capture card so do you think it would look ok if we use webcams on 42 inch HD televisions. and i was thinking about running multi feeds at the same time through ustream i was just wondering if you think this is a good idea because we have about 10 tvs coming in. thanks for your help or any suggestions i just thought i ask you because you guys are experts at this,.

MSico
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Birdmaster, putting a webcam on a tv usually comes out decent, just make sure the lighting in the room is okay. Ustream can have multiple streams as long as you have enough computers for one per stream/camera. :)

fredy31
03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Try it out before you steam...
Because sometimes filmed TVs are really bad. Like the DS filming for Phatom Hourglass in the Zelda Marathon on the edge.

birdmaster
03-27-2009, 11:33 PM
thank you for all your advise. my school decided to do the webcam thing a little bit but we are mostly doing a tournament. but thanks and i cant wait till the mother marathon.

fredy31
03-28-2009, 11:00 AM
No problem. A community is made to help each other.