PDA

View Full Version : Which game marathon would you like to see most?

Pages : [1] 2

TheSpeedGamers
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I like to survey the community about every 3 months just to see what peeks their interest the most. List off game series you would like to see and just because we've done the marathon before doesn't mean you shouldn't list it.

I want to get a general idea for marathons down the road.

To eliminate any speculation, this wont affect the game series we do for the secret marathon. Of course, that has been decided long ago.

Jamesdh17
04-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Well I can't wait for the final fantasy marathon but as for one I would like to see that isn't coming up... I don't have a clue xD. The only games to come to mind is the legend of legia series which can be beat in less then 12 hours.

Trombonus
04-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Mega Man and/or Mega Man X/Zero/ZX etc.
Fire Emblem
Final Fantasy (SO excited!)
Dragon Quest/Warrior
Breath of Fire
Sonic the Hedgehog (Thanks CapcomMaster)
Castlevania

whitemage730
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Resident Evil marathon would be the best thing ever.

JaggerG
04-01-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm curious about the possibilities of a bomberman marathon. Has anyone actually played even half of them?

CodeZTM
04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Pokemon
Final Fantasy
Fire Emblem

WiiFanBoy
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
All Mario
the main games
the Rpg games
the spinoff games
it would be epic

killerwombat
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Kingdom Hearts- after BBS and 385/2 days to have enough games... possibly also after 3 comes out/ Kirbys/ Pokemon/ Mario RPG- could combine with a huge all mario games marathon/ Zelda/ Sonic/ randomly throw Okami into a marathon. You could add it to the Petz marathon...

MSico
04-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Jagger, I love Bomberman, although I haven't played one since the 64 era. I played the heck out of those games :shock:

KumquatCherry
04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I would love to see a Bomberman marathon! But do you know what I would love more? A 1002-hour, 99-point Desert Bus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Bus#Desert_Bus) marathon!

And if that is not long enough for you, you could do a Vib-Ribbon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vib-Ribbon) marathon with every song you can find. Or a Vib-Ripple (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vib-Ripple) marathon with as many silly pictures as you can find.

Boo_24_7
04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Donkey Kong! :D
Oh and Sonic! :D

Oh oh and Kirby too, that would be pretty awesome.

Also 100% Mario marathon.

Just throwing that out there.

Haruka
04-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Anything you people say right now, it's all great.

StopDropAndBear
04-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I 100% throw my support behind Donkey Kong.
Bomberman would be groovy, although I feel like it would get a little repetitive after a while...and having to inevitably include Act Zero would make me sad. ):

Trombonus
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I 100% throw my support behind Donkey Kong.
Bomberman would be groovy, although I feel like it would get a little repetitive after a while...and having to inevitably include Act Zero would make me sad. ):
Yeah, but then you'd get one of the greatest crossovers ever created, Wario Blast!

nmufred
04-01-2009, 01:15 PM
The Rareware games DKC, DK64, Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing and Conker and anymore that I missed.

capcommaster1881
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
include goldeneye in that rareware. for me id say either megaman or sonic

nmufred
04-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanx Capcommaster. I think Perfect Dark may also be in there too (my favorite FPS).

Trombonus
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanx Capcommaster. I think Perfect Dark may also be in there too (my favorite FPS).
I got lucky with that, TRU was selling a brand new unopened copy for $1. No joke.

Brineboy
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I think a Spyro and Crashbandicoot combined would be cool.

04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I think a Spyro and Crashbandicoot combined would be cool.
I was going to say that _awesome_

also i would like a:
Megaman
Pokemon (i don't know why :P )
Mario
Metroid
and Fire Emblem

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
line rider marathon

Colagum
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Sonic
Fire Emblem
Metroid
Bomberman! :mrgreen:

SuperPaperNess
04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe Sonic, Megaman and the Mario RPGs. Plus most of the marathons you've already done. :roll:

Benito
04-02-2009, 02:04 AM
If only Phoenix Wright was a type of game that you could speed-run... :(

MSico
04-02-2009, 10:36 AM
If only Phoenix Wright was a type of game that you could speed-run... :(

_objection_ srsly

Trombonus
04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I think you could speed run Phoenix Wright. All you need to do is memorize the correct investigation and trial process, then plow through it. You could even write it down and follow that. The cases never change, so you could totally do it. That would be fun to watch too.

localretard
04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Shenmue Marathon...

Rakuen
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Shenmue Marathon...
This man is a genius.

Anyway...
Disgaea
Breath of Fire
Star Ocean
Ratchet & Clank/Jak & Daxter (both to fill time)
Xenosaga/Gears (what?)

CommentatorGuy
04-02-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm curious about the possibilities of a bomberman marathon. Has anyone actually played even half of them?

I like the way you think. _awesome_

dryuriev7777
04-02-2009, 12:35 PM
_megaman_ MEGA FRIGGIN' MAN _megaman_

Trombonus
04-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Amen brutha _megaman_

I so want to see someone playing Mega Man Soccer. >.<

Gwellin
04-02-2009, 12:52 PM
That's my vote. _megaman_

Boo_24_7
04-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I say you play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_Musical_3:_Senior_Year_(video_game) for 72 hours.

Kilgard
04-02-2009, 04:11 PM
That's my vote. _megaman_

^what they said

killerwombat
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
_megaman_ = One of the best marathons ever.

Sonic62
04-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Sonic The Hedgehog!!! http://www.postimage.org/PqWmTVr.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Super Mario
Metroid
Pikmin

And I suppose a Mega Man marathon wouldn't hurt. ;)

Cross-Warrior
04-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Sonic The Hedgehog!!! http://www.postimage.org/PqWmTVr.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Super Mario
Metroid
Pikmin

you could be the one running through megaman one sonic!

i would love to see a Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman, hmmm, Bomberman would be awesome! and another metriod marathon would be epic as well. see if i can out speed the one running through super metroid

MartyTurco
04-03-2009, 06:20 AM
i dont seee what the big deal is about megaman!
anyways my fav marathon would have to be the mario one..cuas i have never seen one..started watching TSG about a week before they did zelda...

whitemage730
04-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Who else thinks that a Resident Evil marathon would be fun??? I'd love to see that, though it may not last a whole 72 hours.

Tanexion
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Yea I'm with you on that one...but I'm sure at least one person here could say the same about Zelda or Pokemon, so *keeps mouth shut*

killerwombat
04-03-2009, 11:06 AM

Super Mario
Metroid
Pikmin

Those would all be awsome! I am a little afraid that there wouldnt be enough Pikman games, but I am sure that they could squeez it in. Those would be all be awsome, and they would have to get you to play some of the sonic games.

MSico
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Super Mario
Metroid
Pikmin

Those would all be awsome! I am a little afraid that there wouldnt be enough Pikman games, but I am sure that they could squeez it in. Those would be all be awsome, and they would have to get you to play some of the sonic games.

What about a Sonic/Mario/Metroid/Pikmin/Mega Man marathon? :o

killerwombat
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
That would be pure epicness.

B-Spark
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
What I would really like to see is a "too short for a marathon"-games-marathon (All the series that are too short to base a regular marathon on, like Pikmin+Kirby+Donkey Kong or something)

And also Mega Man and Castlevania

Boo_24_7
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Animal Crossing!
You can time travel and stuff, and your goal is to pay off your mortgage and get every golden tool in every game!

That would be a great marathon.

nmufred
04-03-2009, 05:24 PM
[quote="Sonic62"]Sonic The Hedgehog!!! http://www.postimage.org/PqWmTVr.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Sonic finger wave > Dikembe Mutumbo finger wave[attachment=0:3mh9cnbf]mutombo.jpg[/attachment:3mh9cnbf]

Triforce Saturn
04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I have a whole list here somewhere...

Banjo-Kazooie
Mega Man
Kirby
Sonic the Hedgehog
Resident Evil (doubt it)
Silent Hill (also doubt it)
Castlevania
Donkey Kong (or just Donkey Kong Country)
Starfox
Kingdom Hearts
God of War (not a chance)
Paper Mario

In no particular order, except Banjo-Kazooie being my #1 choice.

Blackduck
04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
DDR+Guitar Hero+Rock Band marathon = win

just kidding, but guys, remember that we want marathons that will last ~72 hours, so be sure it's not a series you can beat in under 24hours!

Blaumagier
04-04-2009, 04:49 AM
I most want to see a Boktai marathon.

Distant second would be Sonic the Hedgehog and a close third would be Mega Man (Battle Network or Star Force... or both _awesome_ )

DrewStern
04-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Lucas Arts Marathon

fredy31
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Lucas Arts Marathon
Like a kind of "Star Wars Marathon"?

Yep I think the Star Wars Games are so awesome. (Most of them.)

MSico
04-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I think by LucasArts he was referring to Monkey Island, Loom, Sam and Max, Grim Fandango, etc. :P

I don't know if I've actually chipped in with a preference, but I'd love to do a Castlevania marathon. By a quick count there are 22 games in that series that we could do.

capcommaster1881
04-04-2009, 11:15 AM
omg i forgot about Castlevania...but how would you stream the ds versions, theres like 4 i believe. i think the dsi can im not sure though

Trombonus
04-04-2009, 11:16 AM
omg i forgot about Castlevania...but how would you stream the ds versions, theres like 4 i believe. i think the dsi can im not sure though
Ooh, another great series!

killerwombat
04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Oh, there HAS to be a Castlevania marathon. Do it soon TSG, the longer that you wait, the more games you will have to do... on second though put it off for a while.

dryuriev7777
04-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Castlevania is totally my second choice for a marathon (behind MEGA MAN of course _awesome_ _megaman_ _awesome_ ) You guys definitely have to do that sometime. I Wikipedia'd it and found a total of 28 Castlevania games! :o I dunno if you would be able to get them all though. :(

LegendOfCookies
04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I want ANOTHER PKMN MARATHON _awesome_ Jk :p

MSico
04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I Wikipedia'd it and found a total of 28 Castlevania games! :o I dunno if you would be able to get them all though. :(

Only 22 are ones we would probably do, though. :P Two aren't Castlevania games (Haunted Castle and Vampire Killer), one is on mobile phones, two are arcade games and one is Castlevania Judgement.

capcommaster1881
04-04-2009, 07:30 PM
oh man if the secret marathon isnt castlevania i would sooo look forward to one. the only one ive beaten is order of ecclesia

DeaPGalaxy
04-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Kingdom Hearts
Super Mario
Sonic
NPC when they all come out
Megaman
Metroid
Mario RPGs

Kilgard
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
anyways my fav marathon would have to be the mario one..cuas i have never seen one..started watching TSG about a week before they did zelda...

I have no idea how old you are but i'm going to guess you're not in the 20-25 age bracket, because I notice most of the people voting for it are, and we know why there is so much fuss over megaman ;)

Sonic62
04-14-2009, 01:09 AM
I have no idea how old you are but i'm going to guess you're not in the 20-25 age bracket, because I notice most of the people voting for it are, and we know why there is so much fuss over megaman ;)
Unless you're me, struggling to get past one Mega Man game. :lol:

Shuukei
04-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Resident Evil marathon would be the best thing ever.I agree _awesome_

also would like to see mario or metroid :P

04-14-2009, 12:25 PM
or me struggling to get past even a boss :lol:
(i am not very good at games like sonic or Mega Man)

I&lt;3batletoads:D
04-15-2009, 07:17 AM
uhhhhhh a street fighter marathon would be nice lol

fredy31
04-15-2009, 07:31 AM
uhhhhhh a street fighter marathon would be nice lol
too Short?
But with all the endings that could be cool... but become kind of annoying after 2 games.

kmmgreen5
04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
now puzzle fighter on the other hand _awesome_

dryuriev7777
04-15-2009, 08:19 PM
-_-

At least I actually finished the Sonic games I played, EVEN Sonic Heroes. >_>

You really need to try the Mega Man X Collection. It's a lot easier than the classic series and has a much more interesting and darker story line.

LegendOfCookies
04-16-2009, 01:03 AM
I would like this super awesome epic win ultra monster large huge honking massive awesome elite random bestest lolatronawesomenessinacan marathon to be a week long...

too epic of a marathon words cannot describe this...
Too hard of a marathon even phil's hat might have some trouble with it......
This game is on the best console ever made......
All but one wonders who wouldn't want this marathon.......
If you are that one please leave and drive away.....
this marathon is so huge it would crash 500 people's internets in 3 minutes....
It wont fit on that ustream screen....
this wonderful marathon would be.........

A BUSYTOWN MARATHON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imagine how much fun we can have by publishing our names in the news paper!
How much fan requests we can have in the chat!!
How many time the pedophiles and hookers can visit busytown!!!!!!
Yes imagine how great this would be phil would dominate this marathon......
Yes we would also see a lot of ink spilling 7 straight days i want that to happen

Yeah yeah you KNOW you all want that!!!
I hope that will be the secret marathon

Thank you for anybody who actually read this

*Throws a cookie at all who read this*

JaggerG
04-16-2009, 05:32 AM
COOKIE! ^_^

I read it in order, too, so I could thoroughly feel the suspense.

Letifer
04-16-2009, 02:56 PM
A "Secret of Mana" Marathon? :3

puregamer123
04-16-2009, 03:15 PM
My list would be:
- Complete Metroid
- Complete Half Life
- Complete Earthbound
and most importantly:
- Mirror's Edge

Please include Mirror's edge in a marathon soon!!! I really want to see a complete speed run of the game, of which i'm not controlling. (though it would be awesome if you'd let me do it (no im joking (who am I kidding? I'd love to do it! (nah, I'll let you guys do it (though it would be awesome...(lol, nvm))))))

nmufred
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
*grabs the cookie in his mouth* That would be epic...between games?! I say silly things between games for donations ;).

SeriousKano
04-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree that there has to be another Metroid marathon.
Donkey Kong would be nice as well though it should be finished quite fast, just like the Mario marathon.

Luminary
04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Since you guys have already answered my prayers with the TSG Network, I'm happy with whatever you guys throw out for marathons next. But if you could indulge me one wish, it would be a Fire Emblem marathon. You see, I am but a poor soul with two broken FE7 and FE8 GBA cartridges... and I would ever so much love s'more Fire Emblem, sir.

I think it was Phil that told me in the last marathon chat that an FE marathon wouldn't be fun to watch. I really beg to differ. Visually, I'd rather watch FE than Final Fantasy, by a long jump. They might be boring if you turn off animations in order to speed run, but that's why you don't do that. :P Actually, I love the overworld battle animations. :D So I wouldn't even have a problem with that. There's enough American-released games, now, to fill a good amount of time. It might be an obscure series, but not nearly as much as Mother.

I'd certainly love to see this, and I'm sure others will, too.

MSico
04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
If the love is there for Fire Emblem (it certainly is among TSG) then we will throw it in for consideration. We've got plans for awhile already, but if people truly want to see an S-RPG series with mostly 2D graphics that can't really be speed-ran, then right on!

Aeronautical
04-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Do a star wars one! That would be silly X3

Arpijy
04-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Has Ratchet and Clank been suggested yet? I could see that one being interesting.

the1stpkmnfan
04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
This is probably a wild thought out there... but what about playing all of the Donkey Kong games, except Arcade of course? All the way to the current Wii game. Though, it is a question to see which version yall decide to play. But dang, that's a lot of games. Not even including the arcade and Japanese only ones. I doubt that this could be a marathon, but I'd honestly love to see one. DK64 would probably be the only one interesting to watch, to be honest.

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong and DK Junior
Donkey Kong Junior
Donkey Kong II
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kond Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Land 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong Land III
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong GB: Dixie Kong and Dinky Kong
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Donkey Konga
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
DK: King of Swings
Donkey Konga 2
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Diddy Kong Racing DS
DK Jungle Climber
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

JaggerG
04-17-2009, 01:39 AM
DK64 would probably be the only one interesting to watch, to be honest.
Blasphemy! DKC 1&2 are masterpieces. The question is, are they gonna take the dozen or so shortcuts to skip levels? I like Mine Cart Carnage. :^/

Halladay32
04-17-2009, 02:48 PM
A Donkey Kong marathon would be cool
I don't know if this has been said yet (too lazy to check), but a Mario RPG marathon sounds like a good idea to me

(just to make it clear - by Mario RPGs, I mean Paper Mario, Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Mario RPG, and the three Mario and Luigi games (maybe Super Paper Mario as well))

Honestly though, anything would be great - I mean, I'm not a fan of the Metal Gear series, but I plan on watching as much of that marathon as I can. The Speed Gamers are just that awesome _awesome_

puregamer123
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Is luigi and mario - brothers in time included there? because that is one awesome game!

Pikachu2434
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
i would like to see a phantasy star marathon or even a bomberman or a sonic and i was going to say klonoa but thats like 4 games or so but phantasy star or bomberman would be really cool

DrewStern
04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
This is probably a wild thought out there... but what about playing all of the Donkey Kong games, except Arcade of course? All the way to the current Wii game. Though, it is a question to see which version yall decide to play. But dang, that's a lot of games. Not even including the arcade and Japanese only ones. I doubt that this could be a marathon, but I'd honestly love to see one. DK64 would probably be the only one interesting to watch, to be honest.

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong and DK Junior
Donkey Kong Junior
Donkey Kong II
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kond Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Land 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong Land III
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong GB: Dixie Kong and Dinky Kong
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Donkey Konga
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
DK: King of Swings
Donkey Konga 2
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Diddy Kong Racing DS
DK Jungle Climber
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

DK marathon would be kewl, but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

MSico
04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm so unbelievably behind a Phantasy Star marathon. I. Love. Phantasy. Star.

Did you know that the first Phantasy Star was released two days after the first Final Fantasy? Imagine how different the scope of RPGs would be if PS had come out on a Nintendo System and FF on the (lesser known in the States) Sega Master System...

PS > FF1

Boo_24_7
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm so unbelievably behind a Phantasy Star marathon. I. Love. Phantasy. Star.

Did you know that the first Phantasy Star was released two days after the first Final Fantasy? Imagine how different the scope of RPGs would be if PS had come out on a Nintendo System and FF on the (lesser known in the States) Sega Master System...

PS > FF1

The world as we know it would be different. Up would be down. Right would be West. 1+1 would be 11.

As for the topic,
hmmm, Yoshi would be cool, even though I'm 99% sure there aren't enough games.

Sonic62
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
DK marathon would be kewl, but its not gonna happen anytime soon.
Can't remember when you were put in charge of deciding upcoming marathons. That or you've stolen a time machine. :?

CommentatorGuy
04-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Woh simmer down there sonic :lol:

Sonic62
04-21-2009, 02:23 AM
I just wants a time machine is all... 8-)

LegendOfCookies
04-21-2009, 03:46 AM
I just wants a time machine is all... 8-)

So... sonic wanna build a time machine with me anytime soon?

and as for this topic i still want to see a petz marathon but NOES its april fools joke :O and i still want to see rust play hello kitty bubblegum girlfriends

JaggerG
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
1+1 would be 11.
Psh, 1+1 is clearly 10. On that note, 10+10=100, and 100+10=110.

Cross-Warrior
04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
1+1 would be 11.
Psh, 1+1 is clearly 10. On that note, 10+10=100, and 100+10=110.

i dont know, i always as taught that 1+1 was fish

Maybe we need to have a marathon that involves different math games so that we can all learn math right

nmufred
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Donkey Kong Jr. Math!! It's already in the suggested DK marathon! :D

DeaPGalaxy
04-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Just play Ristar for hours on end. That'll keep me entertained! _awesome_

DrewStern
04-21-2009, 05:39 PM
a marathon including:

wii sports (all gold)
wii play (all gold)
wii fit (100%)
wii music (100%)
animal crossing games (all gold and silver)

Boo_24_7
04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Play Animal Crossing for 72 hours, straight :0

Switch off so you don't go crazy D:

That would be so boring and awesome at the same time.

Sonic62
04-21-2009, 08:19 PM
1 + 1 = Window. Everyone knows that. :D

Boo_24_7
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Actually 1+1=A math problem.

fredy31
04-22-2009, 07:43 AM
If someone suggests a WoW marathon, I kill him.

zach2m1
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
O.K I am pretty sure I posted about what marathons I would like to see else where, oh well! O.K first off I would have to agree with dry, I would really like to see a Megaman marathon. Second I assume Sonic said he would like to see a Sonic marathon and I would defiantly have to agree with him! Seeing a Sonic marathon would be a great idea! Thirdly I would like to see a Star Fox marathon but I heard bobo has already got one of those in the works. And finally I would like to see another Metroid and Halo marathon. Those two were one of the best marathons I have seen YET. :lol: I would say Metal Gear marathon but my wish has already came true. ;)

Boo_24_7
04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
If someone suggests a WoW marathon, I kill him.

Yeah, that's dumb.

You guys should do an MMO Marathon!

nmufred
04-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Boo is now deceased and I'm going to jail for life for pulling out my shotgun and shooting him in the head. Fredy hired me to do this ;).

JaggerG
04-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Has anyone mentioned Castlevania or Crash Bandicoot yet?

fredy31
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
CastleVania... I'd like to see one marathon of it... I never played the series but what I saw about it was really good.

When the Assassins creed series will be done, I'd like to see a marathon of it. :lol:

dryuriev7777
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Has anyone mentioned Castlevania or Crash Bandicoot yet?
I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of Naughty Dog/Insomniac Games Marathon. I don't think the Crash Bandicoot series has enough games to justify 72 hours of it, but adding in some Jak, Ratchet, or even some Spyro would be really awesome.

Slash-Dementia
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Any games that you guys choose is fine, I'll watch it either way. I loved the Zelda and Mario marathons.

Megaman (I don't enjoy playing it, but it's fun to watch.)
Legacy of Kain
Thief
Mana series (Secret of, Legend of, Children of, ect.)
Knights of the Old Republic

fredy31
05-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Magaman -> Good Idea! Everyone here wants one!
Knights of the Old Republic -> I think this is a Star Wars game... Am I right? The idea can be cool but I think a Star Wars marathon would be better.

Slash-Dementia
05-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Knights of the Old Republic -> I think this is a Star Wars game... Am I right? The idea can be cool but I think a Star Wars marathon would be better.

It is a Star Wars game and Star Wars marathon would be better. There are a lot of games for it though...unless they can do the games in series, like Dark Forces/Jedi Knight.

MSico
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Legacy of Kain

Legacy of AWESOME! I've got the complete series. One of the best told stories in video games ever.

fredy31
05-04-2009, 08:26 PM

It is a Star Wars game and Star Wars marathon would be better. There are a lot of games for it though...unless they can do the games in series, like Dark Forces/Jedi Knight.
Yep. It seems to be a good idea... But I'm septic about one thing... Is it possible to speed run a Jedi Knight game?

Slash-Dementia
05-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Legacy of Kain

Legacy of AWESOME! I've got the complete series. One of the best told stories in video games ever.

Do it, Mr. Depp!
I just need Blood Omen 1 and a PS2 to play Soul Reaver 2. :(
(and Defiance because I sold it when my original Xbox broke.)

Slash-Dementia
05-05-2009, 10:45 AM

Yep. It seems to be a good idea... But I'm septic about one thing... Is it possible to speed run a Jedi Knight game?

It is, but they are kind of short if I remember correctly. It's been years since I played them.

pkGamerB
05-05-2009, 11:01 AM
A Mana marathon would be awesome! _awesome_

Oh, and Slash, you might want to use the edit button next time rather than double posting. Just a friendly reminder ;)

puregamer123
05-05-2009, 11:05 AM

just to get this straight... a megaman marathon would be evil to make TSG go through. I dont know if this is true for all of you out there, but these games are hard as heck. I have been told how much effort TSG are putting into completing marathons (preparations where they need to practise and study the entire game to find the best routs, best way to kill etc.). I think you need some sort of special talent to complete a megaman game.

I am sure that a lot of people will say against me now, but I dont think the megaman-marathon will ever happen.

P.S: Umm... I'm not too updated, but if I have already been proven wrong, please ignore this post XD

Slash-Dementia
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
A Mana marathon would be awesome! _awesome_

Oh, and Slash, you might want to use the edit button next time rather than double posting. Just a friendly reminder ;)

Will do!

killerwombat
05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Can there be a table or something to see how much each game has been said?

Trombonus
05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
just to get this straight... a megaman marathon would be evil to make TSG go through. I dont know if this is true for all of you out there, but these games are hard as heck. I have been told how much effort TSG are putting into completing marathons (preparations where they need to practise and study the entire game to find the best routs, best way to kill etc.). I think you need some sort of special talent to complete a megaman game.

The key to any Mega Man game is time and practice. Yes they are hard, at first, but they are also predictable and repetitive. All it takes is some practice and experience. When I first got Mega Man 9 (widely regarded as one of, if not the hardest Mega Man games), I could barely get through a level, if at all. I still have my first save file with about half the robot masters beaten and a time of over 8 hours. Now I can do a straight run through in about an hour, and the last time I did so I was half asleep. After playing each level so many times you start to realize when and where enemies pop up and can prepare for them. You can shoot at the area where an enemy will appear and destroy them before they ever become a threat. As skilled as The Speed Gamers are, I'm sure they could manage.

Consequently, if you guys ever need someone to speed run Mega Man 4, 6, 9 or X I'm available. ;)

dryuriev7777
05-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah Mega Man games can be incredibly hard when you first play them, however everything in every Mega Man game has a very strict pattern and can be easily memorized. I always figured a Mega Man marathon would be relatively easy to do simply because there is virtually no random variables, aside from maybe what attacks that the bosses decide to use, that can mess you up along the way.

And lol Tromby I think everyone could do a speed run of X.

puregamer123
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I guess you guys are right about that. Megaman games are probaly easy if you practise a lot, but I wouldn't know if the speed gamers are all great megaman players. For those on my level (not able to complete a stage) that marathon would be torture.

... then again... they would probaly just select the skilled megaman players to do the marathon.

Richord
05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
I'd like to see either Megaman or Bomberman.
Megaman because I'm so darn bad at them :P
And Bomberman just because there's SO many games. I doubt there's to many people that have actually played all of them.

Slash-Dementia
05-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I'd like to see either Megaman or Bomberman.
Megaman because I'm so darn bad at them :P
And Bomberman just because there's SO many games. I doubt there's to many people that have actually played all of them.

They can skip Bomberman: Act Zero though... One life, 99 levels, no continues.

Trombonus
05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
And lol Tromby I think everyone could do a speed run of X.
You should see my grandma do it...

Kidding :|

SeriousKano
05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I'd love to see a crazy, random games marathon. Capcom's stream gave me the idea. It shouldn't work with donations, though, since you can't attract people by saying you're playing funny video games.

fredy31
05-09-2009, 09:00 AM
The speed gamers best game marathon?
Every Speed Gamer do his best game in a marathon.

Devaux142
05-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I think all of the marathons I'd like to see are here.

I'd definitely like to see another Metroid one.
A Sonic marathon would be awesome.
Megaman would be epic.
And can anyone say Wario Land/Ware Marathon? I would love that.

classicgamer
05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I would honestly like to see a Tales of marathon, kirby or maybe even another metroid marathon

YalWerdna
05-17-2009, 12:59 PM
It's probably already been said (multiple times, at that), but a Pikmin marathon would be hyper-epic.

jinj0mafia
05-17-2009, 01:05 PM
EA NHL preferably the 2002-2009 ones, Metroid, Zelda, and FPS games like Cold Fear, Geist, Clive Barkers Jericho and Clive Barkers Undying. I wanna see the marathons of NHL and Clive Barker games thtd be EPIC

TerminalMontage
05-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Definitely a Mega Man (X?) marathon.
And Phantasy Star ONLINE! :D
Or Monster Hunter!
Or Tetris lol..
And Phoenix Wright

8D

Shigure71
05-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I REALLY would like to see a Mega Man marathon, but not JUST of the Mega Man games I would like to see all the mega man series (Mega Man, X, Zero and ZX) I wonder how long that would take?

Fullsilverwolf
05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Fire emblem marathon would be great! =D And a 100% Mario marathon isn't a bad idea either. =)

TerminalMontage
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh yes, some Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars would be bada**.

Richord
05-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Mario RPG Marathon kbai

Darkrai6
05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
i'd like to see a megaman one that would be beast mode. :D

Ness' Bat
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
A Paper Mario marathon would be interesting

But for that you could add in Super Mario RPG first, since it pretty much fits in there
I think the four games combined, plus replaying some like you do for the Mother Marathon could help add up to 72 hours

I'd like, stay up the whole time :D

Richord
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
A Paper Mario marathon would be interesting

But for that you could add in Super Mario RPG first, since it pretty much fits in there
I think the four games combined, plus replaying some like you do for the Mother Marathon could help add up to 72 hours

I'd like, stay up the whole time :D
If they were to do this, they would also do the Mario & Luigi RPGs as well probably. Also, Bobo did a marathon that had all the Paper Marios in it. I don't know if they would do a marathon this close from bobo's.

Lordofbritain
05-19-2009, 12:12 PM
what about a legend of kain/soul reaver marathon? that would be vamptastic!

buckeyefan25
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
pokemon and NFS

DarkSonic
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
i would love to see Sonic Marathon (but only the good games. The originals through Heroes)

fredy31
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Pokemon -> Christmas! The Marathon of december will be PokeMarathon, They already announced it.

Need 4 Speed -> I don't know... It can become very repetitive... and how do you speedrun a racing game? That's the question.

fredy31
05-19-2009, 08:26 PM
sry double posting

i would love to see Sonic Marathon (but only the good games. The originals through Heroes)
Well... Some of the new ones were not so bad. Sonic and the secret rings rocked and sonic unleashed was not soooo bad... Well on Wii it sucked but it looks like on other consoles it was not so bad.

5t0k35
05-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Need 4 Speed -> I don't know... It can become very repetitive... and how do you speedrun a racing game? That's the question.
[spoiler:31nmii8p]Driving really fast :lol:[/spoiler:31nmii8p]

fredy31
05-19-2009, 08:43 PM
:lol: Well you can't really crush a Game faster than the speed limit of your car.

Doseianasan
05-19-2009, 08:47 PM
The marathon I would like to see the most would be either a Kirby or a Bomberman marathon. I can't decide.

fredy31
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Kirby could be really cool... But I never liked bomberman... always killing myself.

Ruju
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
A Spyro marathon. That is a game that took up a lot of my childhood that I haven't seen yet x3 They have quite a few games now too, but old school will always be the best.

Kingdom Hearts is another one, though I'm not sure how you'll fill up all the time. Maybe wait till more come out.

the1stpkmnfan
05-19-2009, 10:09 PM
sry double posting

Well... Some of the new ones were not so bad. Sonic and the secret rings rocked and sonic unleashed was not soooo bad... Well on Wii it sucked but it looks like on other consoles it was not so bad.

Despite that, Bobo is doing a Sonic Marathon after all. But doesnt mean TSG cant.

AlanEdgeHead
05-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Donkey Kong and Mario are the two I really want to see. I wasn't around for the first Mario Marathon.

Blaumagier
05-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Now that there's 3 very awesome games in the series, I would like to see a Valkyrie Profile marathon.

Dante_000
05-20-2009, 02:47 AM
i second a Valkyrie Profile marathon

fredy31
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Donkey Kong and Mario are the two I really want to see. I wasn't around for the first Mario Marathon.
Agree. But has Donkey Kong that much games? I don't know much about the DK games.
For Mario, I wasn't around too and I'd like to see someone speedrun these. I'm currently training to tryout a SpeedRun or a Let's play of Super Mario Sunshine... But this wont be before the end of the summer, when I'll get my capture card.

KingBroly
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd like to see a Sonic Marathon, involving every non portable game and Shadow the Hedgehog. But speeding up the main 3d ones are going to be pretty tough, especially 2006 and Unleashed.

If not that, perhaps a Castlevania Marathon.

Blaumagier
05-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Sonic '06 would have to be played on Xbox 360 and Sonic Unleashed on Wii for optimal speed.

I think right about now I would like to see a Sonic marathon the MOST after everything that is alread scheduled. It's a lot of games, but I think all the Sonic games on Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, and Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut would take up more than 72 hours. However that is mostly because SADX has all the Game Gear games on it. If you cut those out, which aren't important to the series at all since they were retconned, you can beat what's left very quickly. All 5 of the Genesis games are very short, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic CD, and Sonic R are short as well. That then leaves you with the 3D games.

I know that SA1 can be short, but long if you get lost easy. SA2 is hilariously short compared to SA1 and linear to boot. Both Sonic Riders games are ridiculously short as well. Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rush games can be zipped through real fast, like the Genesis games. From here on out it gets rough. Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog are both pretty long. Sonic '06 is plagued with long loading times, which can be cut down on the 360 while Sonic Unleashed isn't going to make a big difference if played on anything but a Wii, the menu replacing town exploration would add up after a while. Sonic Advance games could take a long time if going for the true ending, if not they can be zipped through. That leaves Sonic Battle and Sonic Chronicles, both will last at least 5+ hours each (except battle unless you are a MASTER, and Chronicles has no reason to last more than 10 hours). I don't really know how long the 2 Story Book Sonic games are as I haven't played them through yet.

I think I covered everything.

That said, I would still love to see a Sonic Marathon pulled off, but some research would be required to figure out standard times for quickly completing each game to see if they could all fit into 72 hours. I think it would definitely be close, but doable, if the Game Gear games aren't included.

Sonic62
05-22-2009, 08:19 PM
I think right about now I would like to see a Sonic marathon the MOST after everything that is alread scheduled. It's a lot of games, but I think all the Sonic games on Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, and Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut would take up more than 72 hours.
Oh ya, we need a Sonic marathon. When you think of video game speed running, Sonic is a perfect candidate. Being the other gaming icon helps the case too.

Balrogtheawsome
05-23-2009, 04:40 AM
cave story 3hp min items? (balrog smile :D)

Mio-Raem
05-23-2009, 07:26 AM
The two marathons that have been mentioned a lot that I'd like to see would be;
Kirby & The Donkey Kong series.

The one I've not seen mentioned would have to be TimeSplitters series?(??)?

fredy31
05-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Pikmin marathon?

the1stpkmnfan
05-23-2009, 07:47 AM
I was thinking that if certain DK games can be done quickly, then it might work. I would just hope Barrel Blast can be played as well. Just remember, there's a lot of DK games, basically in the NES/SNES area. 64 would be awesome to watch. Watching it get pwned. :lol:

zach2m1
05-23-2009, 09:18 AM
O.K guys this is a MUST I say TSG should do another _samus_ Metroid Marathon! _metroid_ That was the third most successful marathon, it only had about 400 people in the chat and they raised over $6000! In my opinion and lots of other peoples opinions a Metroid Marathon is a must.

Sonic62
05-23-2009, 04:06 PM
O.K guys this is a MUST I say TSG should do another _samus_ Metroid Marathon! _metroid_ That was the third most successful marathon, it only had about 400 people in the chat and they raised over $6000! In my opinion and lots of other peoples opinions a Metroid Marathon is a must.
I imagine that with our increased viewership and combining of some awesome Metroid related auctions we could set another new donation record.

DrewStern
05-23-2009, 04:28 PM
What about a Admin's Choice Marathon?

I really want a Mario, Kirby and DK Marathon all in One Week!

Blaumagier
05-23-2009, 04:28 PM
I've never been a fan of Metroid. I played a good bit of Metroid Prime and liked it, but never really got into the whole series. I tried the original Metroid after I played Metroid Prime and hated it.

Perhaps another one would be nice, but I think TSG needs to start limiting their annually reocurring marathons, I mean at this point we've got Zelda, MOTHER, and Pokemon as annually reoccurring. Perhaps they should wait til next year to do another Metroid marathon, just so people don't expect it every year.

fredy31
05-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Will there will be another Halloween marathon?

Gwellin
05-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, there will be a marathon over Halloween. The games to be played have not yet been announced though. One might say, it's another secret. ;)

the1stpkmnfan
05-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Zach, did I forget to tell you that Cameron Banga is making a Comeback with a new marathon? It's going to be Super Metroid, if your interested. 30 hours, and all Metroid. :)

Blaumagier
05-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Yes, there will be a marathon over Halloween. The games to be played have not yet been announced though. One might say, it's another secret. ;)

I would like to see Siren in that list but maybe that's a little too mature for even that marathon...

Rocky32189
05-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Castlevania, Sonic, and games by Rare

bobo_dude16
05-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Castlevania, Sonic, and games by Rare
The game boys are actually doing a sonic marathon in july (click both halves of my sig for more details)

DrewStern
05-25-2009, 12:04 PM
You Could Watch http://www.leekspin.com/ For 72 Hours.

Chocolate Kirby
05-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Maybe a Pikmin one? If you try for 100%, it would be pretty long (especially Pikmin 2).

Or a Ghostbusters marathon. XD

Sonic62
05-25-2009, 06:02 PM
You Could Watch http://www.leekspin.com/ For 72 Hours.
:shock: A marathon of that would be too Farfetch'd! 8-)

Blaumagier
05-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Sonic: Wah wah wah wahhhhhh (that doesn't really come out right but it's meant as a cartoony sound effect if that helps)

har har :P

caramelslice
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see a Resident Evil marathon, and maybe a Wild Arms marathon and Xenosaga marathon.

Zaerox Gamma
06-03-2009, 05:33 PM
KIRBY.

That's all you need to make me happy.

the1stpkmnfan
06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Good thing the Kirby Marathon is coming up in a few more weeks. _awesome_

Zaerox Gamma
06-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Awesomeness. Just send me a link or something right before.

fredy31
06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
When is the next Zelda marathon? TSG could do a marathon right for LoZ Spirit Tracks when it comes out and play it as a first walk trough for the game!
This would be pure awesome :lol:

MSico
06-03-2009, 07:09 PM
The next Zelda marathon is TOMORROW :o

Mega_Mario
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
And by now everybody should know to not believe anything they see or hear, only half that they read, and 15% of what Phil says.
(Or something like that.)

As always, I'm still rooting for an Animal Crossing marathon.

StopDropAndBear
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
15%? That's being awful generous, Mega_Mario.

hazlov2004
06-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Hm i have a good one how about marathion with

tmnt(Both older and newer games)

Jak and daxter

ratchet and clank

and the onimusha games

thats all =)

lawlipopper
06-05-2009, 05:14 AM
pac-man marathon! All the pacman games, but maybe not the arcade games because i dunno if u guys could beat them :P

Vlckers
06-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Seeing a Resident Evil marathon would be pretty boss.
Or, even though it's sort of a kiddie series, I still like Banjo Kazooie. A marathon of that would be kind of neat.

fredy31
06-05-2009, 09:07 AM
For Resident Evil, I think I've heard that TSG will do another Halloween Marathon this year and last year, a couple of Resident Evil were part of it. Maybe Resident Evil 5 will take the time that portal took last year.

Skeletor1991
06-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Ya I like the idea of Resident Evil 1-5. I think that would be a fun 72 hours.

Aloyalgamer
06-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Do a Suikoden marathon. I'd be more than happy to participate in that one lol

fredy31
06-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Suikoden? Never heard of that.

Aloyalgamer
06-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Suikoden? Never heard of that.
:O Never heard of it? Suikoden's 1 and 2 are the most underrated RPG's ever, and in my book Suikoden 2 has the best storyline of any RPG, period. Sorry if I'm upsetting anyone here, we all have our opinions and to each their own, but before you guys start shouting SquareEnix games at me, play Suikoden 2, and you will have a change of heart, guaranteed. Here's my link to my review of the game on this website:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2742 (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2742)

All I'm asking is to expand your minds, and break away from the traditional J-RPG.

fredy31
06-07-2009, 09:14 AM
If its really underrated, it must just don't have a big company behind it (like EA) so the game reviewers don't give awesome notes and don't promote it as much. Maybe it's why I haven't heard of it.
I'm in Canada too, this can make a difference if the game have not a big budget it could be only released in the US.

tojax
06-07-2009, 09:49 PM
definitely Castlevania. Dragon Quest, Mana, Resident Evil and Silent hill would be awesome.

MSico
06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
definitely Castlevania. Dragon Quest, Mana, Resident Evil and Silent hill would be awesome.

I have a new favorite forumer <3 :P

zach2m1
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Now that you mention it a Castlevania marathon would be amazing. And there is defiantly enough games in the series to do an entire 72 hour marathon. Though if you guys did do one I wonder if some games will be in consideration or not like what about Castlevania Judgement? Doesn't that have a story line? Though it would be amazing to see a game like Castlevania and Castlevania III being played. Give it some thought TSG ;)

Dante_000
06-08-2009, 02:27 AM
for resident evil would it be REmake or the original?

Coz i want a jibble sandwich

JaggerG
06-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Do a Suikoden marathon.
I read that as Sudoku. You got my hopes up. :^(

caramelslice
06-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Do a Suikoden marathon. I'd be more than happy to participate in that one lol
Yeah, I'd like to see this too. The Suikoden series is one of my favorite RPG series.

MSico
06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey guys... want a sneak peek into early next year? Shhh... Britt doesn't want anyone to have this info!

04/01/2010 - Sudoku/Tic-Tac-Toe marathon, proceeds going to the American Dyslexia Foundation of America

Trombonus
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually, I was thinking a puzzle game marathon. Tetris, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Picross, Puzzle League/Tetris Attack, Kirby's Avalanche/Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, etc.

bobo_dude16
06-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey guys... want a sneak peek into early next year? Shhh... Britt doesn't want anyone to have this info!

04/01/2010 - Sudoku/Tic-Tac-Toe marathon, proceeds going to the American Dyslexia Foundation of America
Oh I can play tic tac toe- my time is 2 minutes!

Zaerox Gamma
06-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually, I was thinking a puzzle game marathon. Tetris, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Yoshi's Cookie, Picross, Puzzle League/Tetris Attack, Kirby's Avalanche/Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, etc.
You deserve a medal for that. Best idea since Kirby.

Trombonus
06-09-2009, 07:37 PM
You deserve a medal for that. Best idea since Kirby.
Why thank you. :D

JaggerG
06-09-2009, 08:00 PM
:^/ It might be dull to see a game played that requires you to figure out puzzles, if you've already solved them all before you start. It's like spending a half-hour listening to someone recite pi. Although it's great that you can remember so much of it, it's not very exciting to sit through for that long.

Although strangely, I kind of got into staring at the pokemon marathon. There's something about it that has me on the edge of my seat to find out if their Fly hit each time. O_o

Tetris and Tetris Attack are pretty cool though, because of the randomized tables and having an opponent.

the1stpkmnfan
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM

I remember when I got fooled about that Kid Icarus stuff. So Im wondering if I should be excited or fooled again. XP

Buuuuuuut, an interesting idea, I guess.

Skeletor1991
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM

I remember when I got fooled about that Kid Icarus stuff. So Im wondering if I should be excited or fooled again. XP

Buuuuuuut, an interesting idea, I guess.

Intersting...but odd hahaha

StopDropAndBear
06-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Well hey, while we're dreaming..if they're going to do puzzle/Tetris games, you can't forget TETRISPHERE. That game is some kind of addictive.

Sonic62
06-10-2009, 03:33 AM
*Waits for someone to notice*

JaggerG
06-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Did you get a haircut or something?

Dante_000
06-10-2009, 03:46 AM
notice what???

MSico
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
The date of the marathon I wrote in, and the name of the charity it's for...

pkGamerB
06-10-2009, 08:36 AM
:lol: You mean the fact that it says "04/01/2010", but is "early next year" and that the charity name is the "American Dyslexia Foundation of America"?

MSico
06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
What day is 04/01? :P

Mega_Mario
06-10-2009, 01:05 PM
What day is 04/01? :P
The first day in the forth month, April. Unless that is in the non-American (er... you know what I mean...) style of date format and it is January 4th?

Oh and also I'm going to quote a post in here earlier (just as a reminder):

And by now everybody should know to not believe anything they see or hear, only half that they read, and 15% of what Phil says.
(Or something like that.)
And now I see that, as SDB said, that is way to generous.

You know me... I'm still waiting for Animal Crossing... and I'm sure I will keep waiting for a long time.

StopDropAndBear
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
January 4th? What's so special about January 4th? Seems like any old day to me.

Zaerox Gamma
06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
He means April 1.

In other words, April Fool's Day.

Nice fake joke, Phil.

Skeletor1991
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
He means April 1.

In other words, April Fool's Day.

Nice fake joke, Phil.

Funny....funny XD

JaggerG
06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh I get it that's pretty sneaky, Phil!

I thought sonic meant something else. I assumed everyone caught that.

MSico
06-10-2009, 04:56 PM

Be prepared to rue the day I become an admin on these forums, and you log in to find your name has been changed to StopDropAndSILLYGOOSE!

Gwellin
06-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Be prepared to rue the day I become an admin on these forums, and you log in to find your name has been changed to StopDropAndSILLYGOOSE!
Hmm. MSillyGoose could work. ;)

And hey look! I'm an admin! :o

Tachyon
06-10-2009, 05:10 PM

That would be... weird...? no wait I mean HILARIOUS!

MSico
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM

:o It would be my greatest honor

Mega_Mario
06-10-2009, 05:30 PM

:o It would be my greatest honor
At first, I thought that said horror.

Well, since this (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2229&p=53012#p53012) happened ( :lol: ), I have no doubt that Gwellin would change BOTH of your names. :lol:

Even though I'm not the police, I think that this has gotten a tiny bit off-topic.

Another marathon (other then Animal Crossing) that would be interesting, is a Pokemon Side-Game marathon (like Stadium, Ranger, Trozei, Puzzle League, Snap, Mystery Dungeon, etc.).

Sonic62
06-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Yes, I meant the date. (April Fools Day)

JaggerG
06-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Oh look Sonic has a date oooooOOOoooh!

Has anyone mentioned a TMNT marathon yet?

Skeletor1991
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Phil did a "Verbal Ninja" sneaky sneaky XD

StopDropAndBear
06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
This can only end well. _awesome_

TMNT would be amusing, although admittedly, the only Turtles game I'm even familiar with is Turtles In Time.

JaggerG
06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I've played (I think) the third one and Turtle's In Time. Also The Tournament Fighters. I just figured it might be an interesting thing, but not nearly long enough to cover 72 horus. :^(

Sonic62
06-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Has anyone mentioned a TMNT marathon yet?
That would be awesome. Naturally I'd have TMNT 2: The Arcade Game covered. :mrgreen:

championj
06-11-2009, 09:59 PM
A TMNT marathon would be pretty cool.

zach2m1
06-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Did I miss something? Whats so special about Jan 4th? >_>
<_<
*zach2m1 braces for impact*

JaggerG
06-12-2009, 02:47 AM
January 4th is Dave Foley's Birthday. Also Burma's Independence Day.
Take a look, it's in a book. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_4th)

Mega_Mario
06-12-2009, 06:23 AM
January 4th is Dave Foley's Birthday. Also Burma's Independence Day.
Take a look, it's in a book. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_4th)
Jagger you silly goose! There is no strikeout on the forum, yet.

I would watch a TMNT marathon.

Skeletor1991
06-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Oh oh I got one....72 hour Checkers and Chess marathon! :lol:

JaggerG
06-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh man, imagine some crazy Bug House matches. Hardcore, dude.

Skeletor1991
06-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Tic-Tac-Toe marathon? :lol:

DrewStern
06-13-2009, 11:54 AM
a 72 Hour Breathing Contest.

the1stpkmnfan
06-13-2009, 12:37 PM
No one would surivive the whole thing, silly Drew. XD

erw64
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
3rd marathon banjo kazooie, one resson is that i am going to use it as a walkthrough for banjo kazooie and banjo kazooie is my 5th fav game and fav game for the 64.

2nd marathon sonic games, because sonic is cool and it could be great for me and many other peeps

1st marathon halo, i know u did it all ready but i did not know about this site and one of my frends fav game is halo and i told him if the speed gamers did the halo marathon i would tell him

fredy31
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
3rd marathon banjo kazooie, one resson is that i am going to use it as a walkthrough for banjo kazooie and banjo kazooie is my 5th fav game and fav game for the 64.

2nd marathon sonic games, because sonic is cool and it could be great for me and many other peeps

1st marathon halo, i know u did it all ready but i did not know about this site and one of my frends fav game is halo and i told him if the speed gamers did the halo marathon i would tell him
Banjo Kazooie: I think it would be too short
Sonic: Everyone wants this!
Halo: Already done, don't know if TSG will do it again.

championj
06-16-2009, 02:30 PM
In regards to another Halo marathon a new one could be done once ODST and Reach are released, but that won't be for a while.

fredy31
06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Yea it could be good... But what I'm waiting for is a Gears of War marathon, when the 3rd game will be out (And it's not confirmed, but with the end of GoW 2, it will be a 3rd game.)

Haruka
06-17-2009, 09:22 AM
I still demand a Half Life one, or something by Valve, even thought the fact that the series aren't too long, maybe with some other game series as well, like did in the Halloween one.

fredy31
06-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I think too that a Valve marathon could be cool... With Portal, Left4Dead and Half-Life 1 and 2... There must be other Valve games but these are the only ones that I know.

Sonic62
06-19-2009, 12:21 AM
A Punch-Out!! marathon would be stellar! 8-)

kamakaze kid
06-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I say maybe a Dragon Warrior/Quest marathon. That'd be sweet!!!

Azuken
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
This is a stupid Idea but, I think a 3 day marathon of all call of duty multiplayer games. Everyone should change their clan tag to TSG and we could all play together, get a little competative and see how many time we can prestige. Like I said, terrible Idea, but it would get everyone in the community involved and would be good.

Games:
COD4: Modern Warfare
COD5: World At War
and if its out
COD: Modern Warfare 2

Eonis
06-19-2009, 03:56 PM
May I suggest a somewhat underrated RPG franchise? It's called Phantasy Star.
It needs more love.

That or Kirby.

Shigure71
06-19-2009, 08:36 PM
How about a Castlevania marathon? I'd love to see one! :D

And also I'm watching the Metal Gear marathon ATM and it's going good! =D

nmufred
06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I will keep hoping for a Rareware marathon :D

LaBelle24
06-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I totally agree with you nmufred, a Rare marathon would be awesome. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Valve marathon also.

TheFinnGamer
06-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Yeah, a castlevania marathon would be awesome, but only the 2D ones

gallantmon8
06-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, and Donkey Kong marathon!