PDA

View Full Version : My time with TSG has been fun

MSico
04-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's with a sad heart that I inform you all that I will be leaving TSG, hopefully not until after the Mother marathon. I recently received a letter from my dad, who has informed me that my mom is ill, and I need to go back to Pennsylvania to help take care of her... and I won't be able to get online anymore, because my parents are Pennsylvania Dutch, commonly called Amish. I've spent the last several years under Rumspringa, which is a time period towards the end of my teen years when I get to live like the rest of the world, and I've been putting off going home for too long. The news about my mom makes me realize that if I'd been there more I could have eased her share of the work and she probably wouldn't be sick. :( Fortunately I think I've learned enough in my pre-doctorate studies to help take care of her when I get back.

This is probably the last day I'll be posting on the forums. My classes are supposed to let out at the end of April, but I'll be taking the weekend to go home and see just how bad it is before deciding if I wait until finals or just drop out and rejoin my old way of life.

Take care,

and Love,

_hat_
Phil

P.S. I just realized this means I can give TSG my game collection to give out as prizes, so I can be remembered that way at least! My legacy can live on as prizes of all my games and consoles... who will be so lucky as to receive Busytown? (Oh, and I can't give away the Hat... my dad gave it to me before I left home and I should hang onto it.)

whitemage730
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm afraid to call this an April Fool's joke. Because, if it isn't, I'm going to feel bad...
Amish, eh? I guess that kinda explains the hat.

localretard
04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
WHAT?! This came out of left field phil!

I knew your heritage was Amish but I though you pulled some kind of "Kingpin (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116778/)" event.

I'm sorry to hear about you mum, and I really hope all the hard work hasn't decreased her bone density to the point where she'll be bed-ridden the rest of her days.

Most of all though, I will miss you. I really wanted to meet you at the final fantasy marathon, however it seems I will never get that chance. :cry:

Goodbye and peace be with you.

Haruka
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
.. As White said, I really hope it's not an April Fools joke.

Besides, such a unfortunate within your family, sorry to hear about it.. If it's how the things are, I just wish luck and goodbye. : (

Won't approve! Hates goodbyes.

Keeping the Firewall up for a possible April Fool. I hope it only were it.

StopDropAndBear
04-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh, I had no idea...although that explains why you kept telling me all those stories about butter churning. I thought you were just trying to make some sort of metaphor.
I know we have had our differences in the past, Phil, but I am truly sorry to hear this.
You will be missed. Not by me, but someone, I'm sure.

CommentatorGuy
04-01-2009, 01:00 PM
We are replacing Phils position in TSG with not a person, but a robot.

We thought it would be ironic.

Trombonus
04-01-2009, 01:02 PM
One question. If Phil goes, does the hat go too? O_O

Phil can do what he wants, but if the hat goes I will be devastated.

Haruka
04-01-2009, 01:05 PM

Bad to say but actually sounds great.. :shock:

http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/mr-robot-clock-radio.jpg

And now everyone back to the funeral mood.

nmufred
04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I really do hope this is an April Fools Joke Phil, because if it's not, it will be very sad to see you go :(.

Brineboy
04-01-2009, 01:25 PM
WHAT
Its gonna be a sad sad day when you are gone I will miss you dearly.(not in an akward way though)

JaggerG
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Phil, you've contributed a lot to not only this community, but also to the rest of humanity by joining TheSpeedGamers. I'm glad you've been here so long. As for your mother, I'm sure it's not your fault, and there's really nothing you could have done to prevent her from falling ill. Remember that you ARE doing something by being there for her in this critical time. As long as you do your best to help, you shouldn't need to feel guilty.

You've been here long enough to get the ball rolling, so you've left a legacy here, too. Surely you can't regret it. See you later, cous.

bobo_dude16
04-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this phil and I hope this is an April Fools joke.

Anyways, we all love you phil! You have done a lot to help us..

I don't know how everything will be without you...

04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
As soon as i saw this i really started to get teary eyed *sniff* I hope one day you will be able to come back Phil i will miss you you were the best commentator i have ever known :cry:

Can you sign the games plz that would help us remember how we got them and who you are a lot better

Kylethedarkn
04-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Nooooooooooo! Not you Phil.

Gwellin
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh man Phil. That is terrible to hear.

Your mom, what is she sick with? Is it something... terminal?

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM
i saw this topic and almost had a heart attack _awesome_ then i remember its april fools ... T^T i m not falling for it

KatTheBard
04-01-2009, 04:09 PM
No! Not Phil!!

Well, even though I have only been here a short while I will miss you... almost as much as the hat...

And this better be a joke. *sigh*

Slowflake
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Neither am I (in response to kmmgreen5, and man this "someone posted before you" function is neat)). If it was serious, I think he would've gone out of his way to post this on any other day so that people would know he was serious.

...did what I just say make any sense?

capcommaster1881
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Ive already been fooled into thinking people i know were leaving. my best friend told me he was leaving and i found out it was a joke so im not going to believe this, sometimes i think april fools goes a lil too far.

TwilightWarrior
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
.............................Wow. Heavy stuff, man. You were really a great member here. No one can ever replace you. We'll miss very much, and I hope your mother gets well soon. Take care.............................................. ..........

Trombonus
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Neither am I (in response to kmmgreen5, and man this "someone posted before you" function is neat)). If it was serious, I think he would've gone out of his way to post this on any other day so that people would know he was serious.

...did what I just say make any sense?
Perfect sense.

MSico
04-01-2009, 04:20 PM
If it was serious, I think he would've gone out of his way to post this on any other day so that people would know he was serious.

I know this news came at a weird time. I didn't remember until I was checking around my usual sites this morning and updating my statuses to let people know I was leaving. For the record, the Pennsylvania Dutch don't celebrate April 1st. :?

Gwellin, my dad sent me a very brief description of what's wrong, because they aren't really sure, but I think I might be able to get a general idea. I'll be going over my textbooks this afternoon to get an estimate and if anything comes up, I'll be sure to post about it.

Until then, I'll probably be signed off. I need to start using my computer less if I might have to go completely without it as early as this weekend. >_<

the1stpkmnfan
04-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Phil, you've been my super best friend from once i attened the Pokemon Marathon. And after all the time you've been here, it's been amazing. You're just so funny, amazing, smart, handsome, and wonderful. :D Im surely going to miss you, if this is all true. Take care Phil, and make sure you dont forget us. And dont forget me... or else! jk but please remember us.

Bye from your biggest fan,
1stpkmnfan.

:(

Seeing how this is april fools day, im hoping it's false

capcommaster1881
04-01-2009, 04:24 PM
alright man if your serious, which you sound it, its was good to know you in the time ive been here. You will be missed.

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
but phil .... what will happen of zombie christ dont you have a contract or something @.@.....

MSico
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Fortunately (for everyone involved), we wrapped picture on ZC last weekend. But yeah, this is kind of a pain, I have to cancel magazine subscriptions, bank accounts, cable and electricity, get out of my lease... there really are a lot of things this lifestyle gets you tied up in.

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
how is emma taking this @.@

the1stpkmnfan
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Phil, will you able to get to Sonic's Stream at least? I guess last night was the last time youll be at mines? :(

Man, from all those things you cant have anymore, it's like your whole entire identity, aint it?

Tanexion
04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Well Phil (I am thoroughly enjoying this!) I am so sorry to hear that :(
I do hope you'll visit the community every now and then to see how we're all doing..

MSico
04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Darn you kmm :lol: quit undermining me!

http://i44.tinypic.com/spis92.jpg

My mom, by the way, was going to have spontaneous dental hydroplosion (http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh).

capcommaster1881
04-01-2009, 05:15 PM
WOOT i knew it!!! HAHA that was a good one phil, no hard feelings man

Aeronautical
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I knew it was a lie, I knew he would never abandon us! *glomps* <33

the1stpkmnfan
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Wow Phil, YOU SO GOT ME...this time. I wont be fooled like that again on this next year. This is why your my Super best friend, you so SUPER cool! :D

Glad your staying.

MSico
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I wanted to keep it going until midnight but I didn't want people to be sad during the streams :lol:

Except for the people who are going to be sad that I'm not really leaving forever. *looks at Bear and Ferenc*

bobo_dude16
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
KNEW IT!

here is why:

rumspringa is when the Amish adolescence leaves the community BUT THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A REPORT WHERE THEY LEFT THE OUTLYING COMMUNITIES AND THEY LEAVE TO GET AWAY FROM THEIR PARENTS

I also remember Phil talking about gaming as a child

He also talked about being in the "pets marathon" where he referred his talking as 'we'.

Phil, you had me going for a second, but you can't fool bobo!

MSico
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Whatever Bobo I totally had you :lol:

bobo_dude16
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Whatever Bobo I totally had you :lol:
Just ask everyone at Sonic's stream.

I proved ot shortly before i read your post.

nmufred
04-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Bobo, had you when we were discussing it in the stream just about 30 min ago!

the1stpkmnfan
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, Bobo brought out his alter ego, "Sherlock Bobo", to make this false. Which it was, but Bobo was getting sad about this, too.

Phil makes the most convincing things on April fools day.

I wonder about that Zelda Movie.

whitemage730
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
:lol: Nice, Phil. But I knew it was false :roll:
But you got me with that rickroll. So, who's gonna come out and announce the Petz marathon's an April Fool's joke as well?

MSico
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually, the Petz marathon is real. We've been able to appeal to several different gaming communities in the past, from Mario and Zelda fan communities to Serebii.net and Starmen.net. It's time that we, like Nintendo, keep reaching out to different areas of the gaming community (casual, this time) and do something for a really good cause. Everyone likes animals, right? So do The Speed Gamers!

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
_awesome_ i knew it ahhhhhhhhh lmao.... T.T but i was totally had with the rick roll

Jamesdh17
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I hope this is a joke.

If its not though we will all truly miss you phil and hope your mom feels better.

StopDropAndBear
04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Except for the people who are going to be sad that I'm not really leaving forever. *looks at Bear and Ferenc*

):<
I hope you're happy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some party cancellations to make.

Colagum
04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
God, for a second I was naive enough for you to fool me. I feel stupid... :( And then you got me with the link. My face is red. From facepalming. In real life.

someone70
04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
WTF?!? Why would you do that????
I nearly had a heart attack, Phil! I almost felt bad for you. Now I don't care about you at all (jk)
So you're not really leaving, huh? That's good. I read the first few posts and it felt like you said "I only have 3 days to live" or something. Best of all, the hat stays! _hat_ _hat_ _hat_ (Wait... there's only one hat...)
I guess this means Phil won't be giving away his game collection, though. ;)

LegendOfCookies
04-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Waahhahahhahaha NOOOOOO IM SO SAD :cry: :cry: :( WE ALL <3 YOU PHIL PLEASE DONT LEAVE US PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE! PLEASE I WOULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU HERE *DIES* PLEASE REMEMBER US I HOPE THIS IS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE AND WE ALSO LOVE YOUR _hat_ *CRIES*

Anatotitan
04-01-2009, 06:18 PM
My mom, by the way, was going to have spontaneous dental hydroplosion (http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh).

Well thank God it wasn't Hot Dog Fingers.

LegendOfCookies
04-01-2009, 06:19 PM
PWHEEW I WAS RIGHT IT WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE :lol: :lol: :lol: _awesome_ _hat_

capcommaster1881
04-01-2009, 06:20 PM
umm legend of cookies your a bit late he already revealed hes joking lol
and please dont post in all caps

LegendOfCookies
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
um actually i just left caps on by mistake and didn't read over my post _awesome_ sorry

MSico
04-01-2009, 06:26 PM

I hope you're happy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some party cancellations to make.

Your "Phil is moving to Pennsylvania which is super close to Toronto" party?

Colagum
04-01-2009, 06:28 PM

How come I wasn't invited? :cry:

WiiFanBoy
04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
If the is a april fools joke which i now it is its a good one

StopDropAndBear
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM

...it's like no matter what I do, I cannot destroy you.

Slowflake
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Haha, told ya. I was astounded that people fell for it so easily.

I'm still convinced the Petz thing is a joke, though. If Phil couldn't have one joke last 'til midnight, bah gawd, he's gonna keep the other one rolling all the way.

MSico
04-01-2009, 06:51 PM

...it's like no matter what I do, I cannot destroy you.

Sorry... I didn't realize I was being unbearable.

_awesome_ _awesome_ _awesome_

StopDropAndBear
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
*head explodes*

Kylethedarkn
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Phil, I see your having a lot of pun.

iHeart_Absol
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
What a sick and cruel joke *has a heart attack* DX

MSico
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Aw, c'mon Bear... I left you a huge opportunity right over here (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2044&start=31).

capcommaster1881
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
:o Bear got punned. this is an awesome day of fun

StopDropAndBear
04-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh. Dangit. All the sparkles are throwing me off my game.

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
ROFL .... puns :mrgreen:

Jamesdh17
04-01-2009, 07:15 PM
/you let everyone off the hook to early though i think its great you're staying here _awesome_

SuperPaperNess
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Phil, you are a horrible person with no respect foe the feelings of others. That's why I wuv u so much! _awesome_ <3

Rust
04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
DID I HEAR A PUN? :evil:

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 08:52 PM

....seems like rust isn't having any pun

_awesome_ common guys don't leave him out

SuperPaperNess
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, I think Rust is PUN-.... umm....hmm... I'm horrible at puns.

WiiFanBoy
04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
ok a pun a detective goes to a fish market and says somethings fishy
BA DA dum

kmmgreen5
04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
ok a pun a detective goes to a fish market and says somethings fishy
BA DA dum

... fail

Qmiser
04-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Now that everything has been cleared up, I can actually post. I didn't want to say that it was an April Fools joke unless I was sure (which I was 85% sure it was). It's good that you're staying. Next time, you should plan it a few months in advance Example, say in February that you'll be leaving mid-April then on April Fools, remind everyone and spring the trap. That will get more people to believe you...

I'm going to do it next year to my friends see if they'll figure it out.

Haruka
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM

So now we'll not be going to see a robot. :)

CommentatorGuy
04-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Heh, I must say Bobo dominated Phil.

I believe bobo deserves a cookie for that one. Hes a smart lil guy XD

MSico
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Heh, I must say Bobo dominated Phil.

I believe bobo deserves a cookie for that one. Hes a smart lil guy XD

_awesome_ <3

capcommaster1881
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
LOL good one. Will bobo please step up for a counter?

bobo_dude16
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM

_awesome_ <3
That was before i started researching...
_awesome_

MSico
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I figured people would see through it immediately because I've obviously been gaming for a long time! :lol: Bobo was the only one who realized it though... Kmm was just trying to move in on my lady :shock:

bobo_dude16
04-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I figured people would see through it immediately because I've obviously been gaming for a long time! :lol: Bobo was the only one who realized it though... Kmm was just trying to move in on my lady :shock:
Phil <3

That's how much i loves you
_awesome_

kmmgreen5
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM

:shock:

....>.>...

....... <.<....

... @.@ who told you ....

_awesome_

capcommaster1881
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I......DID NOT :D You did caught me good for a while, i guess i cant really take a serious joke. Im not so good with those kind.

Kilgard
04-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Awww, Hello Kitty made me miss this epic prank :( good to see you're still speed gaming and not speed churning though :D

killerwombat
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I knew you wouldnt leave! I would have missed you so bad!

StopDropAndBear
04-02-2009, 04:08 PM
See I have the distinct advantage of never taking anything Phil says seriously. It really helps in these types of situations.
(by the by, 'cause I know you're just dying to know: the link? Yeah. I clicked it. :evil: )

You might want to stay out of the Canadian thread. _awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
04-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, yesterday was just a very amazing day. Another joke by Phil, and some frilly Hello Kitty epicness. I cant wait till next year how yall top that. :D

MSico
04-02-2009, 04:38 PM
(by the by, 'cause I know you're just dying to know: the link? Yeah. I clicked it. :evil: )

Well, of course you did. I'm obviously a trustworthy guy, and it was only April 1st. _awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
April 1st is a totally good excuse. :P Phil, besides April Fools day, is always a trustworthy guy. :D

AsherXII
04-02-2009, 08:37 PM
when I first read this, I must admit, I thought you were serious. ...well played, good sir. You got me. _awesome_ glad to hear your staying with us Phil.

zach2m1
04-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Darn you kmm :lol: quit undermining me!

http://i44.tinypic.com/spis92.jpg

Omg when I read this I was like WHATTTT!?????!!!!!!! NOOOO but then when im on the forums right now im like why is Phill on when he said that April 1st was his last day >> Good job catching onto him kmm +5 snooping points _awesome_

Blackduck
04-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I read this and started laughing right off the bat because I remember you mentioning it on vent, thanks for spoiling the joke, but I probably wouldn't have fallen for it anyways :lol:

SuperPaperNess
04-04-2009, 09:57 AM
thanks for spoiling the joke, but I probably wouldn't have fallen for it anyways :lol:
You never know, Blackduck. Phil works in strange ways on your heart.

Blaumagier
04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
The rickroll made this topic go from win to epic win.

Although I clicked on the link cause I thought that, for some crazy reason, it might have been a medical page to explain that your mom was getting her teeth cleaned in medical jargon.

MSico
04-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Spontaneous dental hydroplosion is a fake term coined by The Office, referring to a condition where your teeth suddenly turn into water.

LegendOfCookies
04-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Im happy this was a joke i even named my dialga and palkia in platinum after you phil

fredy31
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
:lol: almost got me too.

Overload
04-04-2009, 04:24 PM
This is one of the most epic April Fool's jokes I've ever seen. About 4 or 5 lines in I suspected it of being a joke, then I wasn't so sure, then I looked at the date posted and laughed.

Kilgard
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
he went all out though, he even updated his facebook status to hint at it.

Bobtastic715
04-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Wait... The Petz Marathon isn't a joke? :shock: GAH!!! Remind me to bury my head in the sand when that day comes...I'm not kidding... _dead_

KatTheBard
04-06-2009, 08:40 PM

Maybe we just thought you were really old, Phil... _awesome_

Omg when I read this I was like WHATTTT!?????!!!!!!! NOOOO but then when im on the forums right now im like why is Phill on when he said that April 1st was his last day >> Good job catching onto him kmm +5 snooping points _awesome_

Snooping as usual, I see, kmm?

...I had to do it.

Anyways, I hate being lazy but I was there in Sonic's stream when Sherlock Bobo figured it out, I kinda figured it for a joke at first but wasn't sure...

Well played, mah boi. Almost as good as mine. ^_^

Aeronautical
04-07-2009, 08:28 PM
There are some things you just don't joke about!

whitemage730
04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
There are some things you just don't joke about!
... Like a Petz marathon.
Or a Hello Kitty layout... :lol:

SuperPaperNess
04-07-2009, 09:37 PM
That wasn't a joke... :?

whitemage730
04-07-2009, 09:39 PM
That wasn't a joke... :?
Obviously... my eyes are still recovering. :lol:
But I'd still call it a prank. A harmless practical joke Local decided to play on us :lol:

buckeyefan25
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Phil u r crazy for saying that u were leaving TSG

Richord
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
When I first read this I almost had a heart attack. Then I read the later posts and saw it was a April Fools joke. I didn't notice it was April Fools day at first. Glad to hear that you're staying and your mother is ok :D
....Damn April Fools jokes.....

Luminary
04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
When you're gone for over a week on vacation, it's easy to feel "out of the loop".
But the advantage is that you get to come back and laugh at all of the people who fell for the joke, without any risk of falling for it yourself.

So HAHA.