PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Digimon story

Azure
04-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Okay guys, here we go.

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Chapter 1.1:

“Let’s see now, it looks like I need to go this way.”

A spiky and black-haired young man at the age of twenty, wearing a black shirt and jeans, was walking around a large town whose streets were completely deserted. He was wearing a strange device on his right wrist that was glowing brightly in the limited evening light.

“And now… I need to go… this way?” He was now in the middle of an empty park. It was all completely still, not even any wind to push the hanging swings. The man shook his arm with the weird apparatus on it. “I wish this thing was clearer, and that I knew where it came from, and why I can’t get it off, and where it’s leading me.” He sighed deeply. “And it doesn’t help that there have been sightings of strange creatures around here.”

He only moved a couple of steps when he stopped abruptly. He was looking at something that he had never seen before. A small, yellow, dragon-like creature was standing only a few yards away. It had short claws on its hands and feet, and its head was disproportionately large compared to the body. But it still didn’t look very threatening considering it was less that half the man’s size, so he was able to remain calm.

“Umm… hello?” The man had no idea if this creature could understand him or not.

“Hi!” The dragon replied happily, approaching the man while wagging its short tail. “Are you my human?”

“What?” He was startled both by his apparent understanding of the English language and the odd question presented to him.

“Are you my human?” Its large emerald-green eyes seemed to glimmer in excited anticipation. He stopped a few feet away from the man.

“I don’t understand what you mean.” He knelled down in an attempt to lessen the height gap between the two of them. He noticed this thing was actually kind of cute now that the shock of its greeting had faded somewhat.

“But you have a digivice, and I don’t see your partner anywhere.” The small creature was beginning to look a bit disappointed.

“I’m sorry, I have no idea what’s going on here. I might be, uhh… ‘your human’ I don’t know. How would I know if I was?”

“The digivice there would tell you.” He pointed at the piece of equipment on the man’s arm with one of his claws.

“Digivice, that’s what this thing is?” He lifted his arm so that he could see it and the dragon at the same time. The lighting along the circular perimeter of the mechanism was indicating that whatever, or whoever, he was looking for was off to the right of the little dragon. “I’m sorry, but I don’t think this thing is saying anything about you.”

“Ohh…” The dragon was clearly very upset. “Well… can I stay with you anyway? Even if it’s just for a little while? I’m new to this world and would feel better if I was with a native.”

“I guess that’s okay… if it’s only for a little while. Maybe you could explain what’s going on here first?”

“Yeah, I can tell you what I know. But do you think that you could tell me your name? I’m Agumon.”

“I’m Zack. To start, could you explain what you meant by ‘your human?’”

“Every human with a digivice has a digimon partner that they are destined to be with—”

“Wait a second, digimon? What’s that?”

“I’m a digimon, along with anyone else that comes from the digiworld.”

“You keep saying ‘digi’ do you mean that you’re just data or something”

“… I don’t really know; that’s just always what we’ve called ourselves. All things digi are very much real.” He gently put a hand on Zack’s knee, careful not to claw him. “See?”

“Okay…” Zack said uncomfortably. Those claws were way to close for his liking.

Agumon could sense Zack’s apprehension, so he took a step back. “We are undeniably more than mere data since we still do things that humans do: eat, drink, sleep, breathe, mate and have children—”

“Enough! I get it.” Zack interrupted, a little embarrassed. “Please get back to the human-digimon partner thing.”

“Oh, okay. Well, not every human will get a digivice, and not every digimon will have a partner.”

“And why do you want a partner so badly?”

“Digimon partnered with a human will be stronger than those without them. For some unknown reason, humans are able to bring out hidden strengths in digimon just by being around them. That is, assuming that that the two are partners… I think.”

“You think? You don’t really know, do you?”

Agumon bowed his head at the ground sheepishly. “No…” He looked at Zack suddenly. “But that’s what the other digimon are saying!”

“All right, relax, we’ll move on. Do you know why our worlds being connected? And how are you digimon getting here?”

“As for why the worlds are coming together, I have no idea… no one does; they’ve always been separated, so why they’re starting to combine is a complete mystery to everyone. And we’re getting here though gates on our side. Coming to your world is completely voluntary, well… for most of us anyway; I was being chased by other digimon and ran into it by accident. It’s always been that way with me, I wasn’t strong when I was younger… I’m still not… I think that’s because…”

Zack was thinking to himself. “Ut oh, he’s starting to ramble.”

1) Interrupt Agumon
2) Listen patiently

Please include both number and description when you vote

Brineboy
04-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Nice story so far
I am gonna go with 2) Listen patiently

Shuukei
04-09-2009, 11:52 PM
same, i vote 2) Listen patiently

04-10-2009, 12:27 AM
i vote 2 :P

Azure
04-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, it looks like option 2 is going to win, but I'd still like to have more than three people cast a vote.

But either way, I'll try to get the next part up in the next few days, Friday evening at the latest (assuming school stuff doesn't slow me down).

aStupidGecko
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
didn't Digimon die out in the 90's? im happy its making a come back!

Brineboy
04-16-2009, 08:32 PM
It did come out in the late 90s but the still have a show and still make games. good times waking up saturday mornings to watch it.

aStupidGecko
04-19-2009, 04:28 PM
tell me about it, i used to have the little figures, i had like 300 of them

Azure
04-24-2009, 10:21 PM

Chapter 1.2:

1) Interrupt Agumon 0 votes
2) Listen patiently 3 votes

Zack sighed softly and let Agumon continue.

“I was raised where there was very little fighting, so I never got any experience or real training. It was nice at the time, but it also left me very unprepared for what life had waiting for me.

Zack was just barely conscious this was so uninteresting. “Okay… so the Digiworld is tough to live in then?”

Agumon seemed oblivious to Zack’s boredom. “For me it has been. Oh, speaking of tough, there’s a Renamon around here somewhere, if you see her, it would be best if you ran away, and fast.”

That got Zack’s interest again. “A Renamon?”

“Yeah, a yellow and white Digimon that kind of has a human shape I guess. Renamon in general are pretty mean, but this one in particular is just… vicious.”

Agumon had Zack’s full attention at this point. “Really?”

Agumon nodded furiously. “I would expect her to kill anyone that gets in her way, Digimon or human. I’m only alive because she said I wasn’t worth her time… she’s really, really scary.”

Zack stood up quickly, a very strong sense of urgency filled him. He thought he had other questions for Agumon, but they escaped him at the moment.

“Where are you going?”

“If something that dangerous is around, I’ll need to find my partner quickly.” He walked past Agumon. “If you’re tagging along, you had best keep up.”

1) Trust he follows and keep going
2) Turn to check on him

Please include both description and number when you vote.

Shuukei
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
good story! I can't believe I forgot to vote :(

I vote... 2) Turn to check on him

Brineboy
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
great story so far I pick
2) Turn to check on him

DrewStern
04-29-2009, 03:18 PM
2) turn to check on him.

Haruka
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I should not go with the popular demand..

GIVE US THE OPTION 1 !

Azure
05-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Chapter 1.3:

1) Trust he follows and keep going 1 vote
2) Turn to check on him 3 votes

This is the first time I use the spoiler thing, it will tell you what would have happened had you chosen the other option.

Zack thought to himself. “I better make sure he’s following me… I don’t want anything to happen to the little guy…” He turned around. “Hey, Agum—!” Zack jumped away just in time as Agumon’s teeth closed down where his leg was a moment ago. “What the hell are you doing!?!”

[spoiler:3lnwbmkq]Had you ignored Agumon, he would have bitten Zack, causing him to be injured throughout the rest of the story.[/spoiler:3lnwbmkq]

Agumon looked up at him. “I can’t let you meet up with your partner; if you do you’ll kill me!”

“Why would I do that?” Zack asked while backing away from Agumon.

“Well, not you, your partner. But I’ve seen it happen in the digiworld. The strong prey on the weak sometimes, and I’m not exactly well-built. I can’t take the chance of you making some other digimon stronger!” He lunged at Zack again.

“Stop!!!” Zack sidestepped Agumon’s attack and gave him a swift kick into his gut, retreating a few steps away afterwards.

Agumon gave out a soft whimper and fell on the ground, holding his stomach “You hurt me.”

“You attacked me. I was protecting myself.” Zack countered while watching Agumon carefully, he wasn’t taking any chances with him.

“Grrr… even a human can beat me. How humiliating!!!” He pounded one of his clawed hands into the ground. “Why can’t I be stronger than this?” He struck the ground again and again.

“Look, if I promise that my partner won’t kill you will you calm down?” Agumon started glowing. “What’s happening to you!?!”

“I… I’m evolving...”

“You’re what?”

“You’ll see.” A wicked smile appeared on his face.

Zack watched as the little Agumon continued to glow, he could see no distinctive features since he was shining so brightly, all that could be seen was the outline of a white figure as it grew and morphed. When the light faded he was looking at a completely different creature.

“Wha— What happened to you?”

Zack now had to look upwards just to see the lower jaw of this new monster; their height difference had been reversed in just a few seconds. This new monster looked a lot like Agumon, but now his hide was more of an orange color with blue stripes, the claws were longer and on actual fingers now, his head was still larger than it should have been. His tail was now longer than Zack’s body, and all its limbs were more muscular. He also wore a brown, pointed shell on top of his head, somewhat hiding his now red eyes.

“You can call me Greymon. This happens to digimon from time to time. They evolve into a vastly more powerful form. The exact reason that triggers it is still a mystery. But more importantly, now I can stop you from ever meeting up with your partner.”

Zack froze, this was bad. His only two options were to fight and find some kind of vulnerability, or run and pray he was faster than Greymon.

1) Fight
2) Run

Please include both description and number when you vote

Shuukei
05-08-2009, 04:31 PM
i choose...

2) Run

because... that is what I would do xD

DrewStern
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
run, not fight

Brineboy
05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
2) Run

Azure
05-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I apologize for the long delay, I just haven't been in the mood to write the next part; especially since this will be a complete overhaul of what I originally had. Unlike the last parts, I'm basically writing this one from scratch, and it is long.

At the very least this will give the new people from the marathon a chance to vote in I suppose.

bluecatbunny
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
you die if you try to fight a pokemon on your own

KeyPaladin
09-13-2010, 01:29 PM
If I had a sword, I would fight, but wither or not Zack does, the story doesn't say... so, 2) Run.