PDA

View Full Version : [Movie] Hannah Montana: The Movie

the1stpkmnfan
04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Yall know I wanted to review this movie so bad. And now, I'd like to show yall how amazingly awesome this movie was when it came out. I saw this movie today, and it was perfect. Here I go with reviewing this movie.

"Hannah Montana: The Movie" is a full-length film to the Hannah Montana franchise, and was released in North American April 10, 2009. This movie had a lot to give, and it's inspirational once you give it the chance to watch it. It didn't just focus on Hannah Montana herself, but also mainly about Miley Stewart and her life in Tennesse.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/be/Hannah-montana-movie-poster.jpg

Plot:
Miley Stewart (Miley Cyrus) has become overwhelmed with her alter-ego's Hannah Montana's popularity. After having a catfight over a pair of shoes with Tyra Banks, missing saying goodbye to her brother because she was shopping, and coming late to Lilly's sweet sixteen as Hannah, her father, Robby (Billy Ray Cyrus) tricks Miley into going back to her hometown, Crowley Corners, Tennessee, to reflect on the things that really matter in her life. When the dismayed Miley asks if her career as Hannah Montana is over, Robby says to ask again in two weeks' time.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/MyPhoto-090410-08.jpg

While in Crowley Corners, Miley spends time with her best friend Lilly (Emily Osment) but has a rough time adjusting to farm life. At Lilly's birthday party, Miley is forced to attend as her alter-ego Hannah Montana, and performs the song "Let's Get Crazy", accompanied by Steve Rushton on the guitar. This goes badly because people direct their attention at Hannah instead of Lilly.

In her hometown, Miley develops a deep connection with a childhood friend Travis Brody (Lucas Till). Robby also has a love interest, Lorelei, played by Melora Hardin. Trouble arises when a reporter named Oswald plans to find out Hannah's secret identity and plans expose her. Miley starts to realize that she loves her life in Tennessee and questions whether she really does want to choose between two lives.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/MyPhoto-090410-10.jpg

10/10

Characters:
Almost all of the main characters have a decent role in the movie. Miley Stewart, Lily Truscot, Robbey Ray Stewart, Oliver Okken, and Rico appear in the movie. Though, Oliver and Rico (Mitchell Musso and Moises Arias) don't appear in the movie that much. Which they only appear during Lily's birthday, and the rolling credits.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/MyPhoto-090410-11.jpg

There were movie-only characters, like Miley/Hannah's trustworthy but picky publicist, Vita (Vanessa L. Williams) and the semi-antagonist, Oswald, who was out to find Hannah Montana's secret. Also, the characters named, Travis (Lucas Till) and Lorelei (Melora Hardin) have a role in Miley and Robbey Ray's relationship.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/MyPhoto-090410-13.jpg

Also, it got even better with some special celebrity roles. Tyra Banks and Taylor Swift both got a role in the film. Hannah Montana fights Tyra in a Shoe fight in the beginning, and Taylor performs her song, "Crazier", throughout most a scene.

A small girl that's a fan of Hannah Montana also has a key role in the film. She appears in the middle of the movie, and she helps with Miley choosing her big desicion. Along with others in the concert scene, too (which were presumely Lily, Robby, Travis, and everyone else).

9/10

Music:
Every single song that was played in the film was terrific. All of the songs sung by Hannah Montana and Miley Sterwart wanted me to get up and dance to them. One example to this was a song called, "Hoedown Throwdown", which Miley sang at a Fundraiser night. It made you want to get up on your feet, and do the dance steps Miley sings in the song. And it wasn't just me, a lot of peole, especially the ones in the moive, got up and dance to her performance, which turns out fantastic. I was like, "Move aside The Macarenca, it's time for Hoedown Throwdown!"

Another good song that wanted me to get up and dance was a Hannah Montana song, "Let's Get Crazy". This song was sang by Hannah around the beginning, and it's got a funky beat that makes you want to get crazy! I defiinitely wanted to just immediatley get up and go along with the crazyness.

But a special song that appears throughout the film was, "The Climb". A very special song that tells people that they need to remember who they are, and let's you choose your own decsions that seem like the right thing, even for everyone else. Miley dedicated to making this song by her father, when he confesses that he doesn't want a relationship right now, sing he always needs to take care of her daughter, and how much they need each other. Miley finally sang this song at the end, and to a big crowd at the fair. She sang it as her own self, Miley Stewart.

There are many other songs that are inspirational, and enjoyable to listen to. Though, I find these three songs more noticeable, and inspired me even more.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/MyPhoto-090410-12.jpg

11/10

Conclusion:
Throughout this whole entire movie, the plot, characters, music, setting, and acting were all amazing. It made this movie something worth to see, and to try out. I know there are a lot of people out there that may not like Hannah Montana. But I tell you, it's not just about Hannah Montana. It mainly tells about Miley Stewart, even more. She goes back to Tennesse, and remembers all the times she lived here, and grew to love it again. She's realized that you know your own home when you realize it. She may live two lives, but she doesn't play favorites anymore when it comes to her Home. The main theme to this moive was "never forget who you are, and never forget where you came from", because you do know the real you. This was what I really loved about the movie the most. And it fits Miley's situation perfectly.

For all of this amazingness, I have given this movie a final grade of "9.8/10".

nmufred
04-11-2009, 01:09 AM
I loved this review. I probably won't see it in theaters but there's a chance I will rent it on DVD when it comes out.

Edit: Looked up those songs on ITunes sampler and realized that I heard "The Climb" sometime in the past few weeks and I absolutely loved it. And the 30 seconds I heard of "Hoedown Throwdown" made me giggle knowing I would love it if I heard it more ;).

DeaPGalaxy
04-11-2009, 11:17 AM
No offense but, is this a joke? Aside from that it was a great review!!

the1stpkmnfan
04-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys, and fred I hope you do see the movie. It was great, so you should give it a try.

Galaxy- I really liked the movie, a lot, and there were so many parts that were hilarious. It's worth giving a try.

But thanks for the compliment. :3

DeaPGalaxy
04-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, mabye I should broden my musical taste. It's just my sister's crazy for Hannah. It drives me mad...

the1stpkmnfan
04-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I totally understand about that. Little girls went crazy during this movie, and it was insane. Like HSM3, the Room was nearly filled up with people.

Kilgard
04-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Great review, but not a movie for me (mostly do to a lack of Zombies). It's good to see people doing reviews for all age groups though, so keep up the good work.

iHeart_Absol
04-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Great review, but not a movie for me (mostly do to a lack of Zombies). It's good to see people doing reviews for all age groups though, so keep up the good work.

You and zombies -__- I prefer movies with Absols and big machines that destroy things >_>

Haruka
04-12-2009, 02:24 AM
When I heard the trailer on TV, I found myself shutting it.

Colagum
04-14-2009, 02:45 PM
hmm, I'm not really into this. I might check it out though. Nice review :D

LegendOfCookies
04-16-2009, 02:42 AM
nice review but i dont see this movie is to being great....

and the trailers had nothing really funny in it to appeal to the audience that only watches the show for the comedy so i thought that the movie would suck

...but really its good...?

*Starts to think about renting it when it goes on DVD*

DeaPGalaxy
04-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I heard in the sequal, Hannah/Miley dies and comes back as a zombie pop-star!

Sonic62
04-21-2009, 02:14 AM
MAYBE a rent someday. :?

LegendOfCookies
04-21-2009, 03:35 AM
I heard in the sequal, Hannah/Miley dies and comes back as a zombie pop-star!

i would only watch that movie if a zombie Hitler comes to destroy Hannah in an epic battle! which means Miley/Hannah would die

...or would Hitler die to the best of both worlds? who knows?

CodeZTM
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Excellent review. Hannah Montana (like Avatar, Danny Phantom, Pokemon, ect) get a bad rap for being on a "kids" channel, but it doesn't mean that its always a kid based show. I'm glad that you kept that perspective in mind while writing the review.

It's a renter for me because I'm not a huge fan of the show (the sitcom cliches get to me), but your review makes me want to go take a gander. :D

Brineboy
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM

If you see it in movie theaters you will get the pleasure of seeing many girls wearing wigs and showing their love to hannah montana. Its a bit zombie like you could say.

Also great review pkmnfan.

Mezix
04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Excellent review. Hannah Montana (like Avatar, Danny Phantom, Pokemon, ect) get a bad rap for being on a "kids" channel
Since when did Avatar get a bad rep?

CodeZTM
04-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Excellent review. Hannah Montana (like Avatar, Danny Phantom, Pokemon, ect) get a bad rap for being on a "kids" channel

I meant more along the lines of in "real" life situations off of the internet or in the company of semi-intelligent beings. If I were to say I enjoyed watching Avatar (a Nickelodian show), I would be laughed off my campus faster than you can say Zutara. :lol:

DeaPGalaxy
04-21-2009, 04:21 PM

I meant more along the lines of in "real" life situations off of the internet or in the company of semi-intelligent beings. If I were to say I enjoyed watching Avatar (a Nickelodian show), I would be laughed off my campus faster than you can say Zutara. :lol:
Zuta - ;)

Aeronautical
05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm sure I'll end up watching this a thousand times when my sister gets her hands on it. Otherwise, superbly awesome review Pkmn!

the1stpkmnfan
05-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Aww :3 Thanks Aero. And yeah, probably my best Review yet. Though, wait until my next Review in about 30 minutes. :o

Gwellin
07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I should have stepped in earlier. I am sorry I didn't realize it had gone so far. The offending posts and all other since have been removed.

Bobbery, I suggest you keep such insulting opinions to yourself in the future.

To everyone else, contact the mods if you ever feel things are getting out of hand.

Now, I expect no replies to this post. Only reply if it has something to do with the original topic.

BobberyFan98
07-05-2009, 05:44 PM
gwellin, i just apoligized, its all past now, so stop talking about it.

BobberyFan98
07-05-2009, 05:45 PM
p-p-page 3 is gone!!!!!!!!!

Gwellin
07-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Honestly Bobbery. Can you not read?

Now, I expect no replies to this post. Only reply if it has something to do with the original topic.

I have removed the posts because they carry a legacy. Now YOU stop talking about it and DO NOT REPLY like I asked, especially a double post.

Fullsilverwolf
07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
hmm.. I suppose that you can never judge a book by it's cover. =| Your review made the movie seem really great. I might consider renting it, just to see what it's like. :P

TourettesOnFire
07-24-2009, 05:51 AM
I really hate Hana Montana so this movie is not for me :]

I'm not into any of these Disney movies but nice review ^_^
And from the reviews on IMDB.. yeah.. :P