PDA

View Full Version : mods, chat ops, administrators

DrewStern
04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
when and how often TSG announces new mods, chat ops, and administrators?

Brineboy
04-26-2009, 11:50 AM
They announce them whenever they feel they are needed.
Administraters wont happen too often though. They are mainly people who work alot on the site like gwellin and local.

DrewStern
04-26-2009, 11:52 AM
ive never seen a mod announcement.

Haruka
04-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Well, most likely OPs usually chosen after and during marathon scenes, or when there's just need for them, as Brine stated, according to the earlier times there's been choosement for them.

The last announcement for a Mod was on viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1726 (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1726) , when Diana got chosen.

Brineboy
04-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Mods are not chosen often either but if you remember correctly Diana3 was given mod status after the zelda marathon.

the1stpkmnfan
04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
ChatOP promotions are are more than likely to be given out after marathons and needed times. Like the latest ChatOPs were me and Bobo 2 weeks ago. Plus dont worry, there might be a lot of new OPs for the FF marathons. That's a whole long week, man.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2159 (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2159)

Mods promotions dont happen that much, but it's more than likely than Admins. And yes, Diana has been the latest one. So, another might not happen until next year (or whenever TSG needs one to death).

DrewStern
04-26-2009, 12:02 PM
i think brineboy, whitemage and fredy should be a mod...

but thats just my opinion!

besides marathons, what do you mean by needed times?

Blackduck
04-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I never got a announcement for when I became a mod, but that was because I became a mod slightly after we switched forums, so there wasn't really a point. As for admins, we have no plan to get another one, mainly because there is no need for another one, because Local, Gwellin and Britt are doing all we need to have done.

the1stpkmnfan
04-26-2009, 12:10 PM
and Chase, too? Dont forget about that awesome guy. ;)

Aeronautical
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I just received a message, plain and simple. I think all of the higher ups on the site do a great job ^^

Kylethedarkn
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
All you guys do an awesome job, so I doubt there will be any need for any more promotions, for a while. :)

Well unless TSG needs a new gamers for one of the marathons.

bobo_dude16
04-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Yea Drew, if they new a new OP/admin/mod, they will tell us.

To become one you ned to show true dedication and be on the forums a lot.

I think the best role model is Gwellin.

dryuriev7777
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I think the best role model is Dry.
Fixed.

Like Bobo said just basically show dedication, be respectful, all that fun stuff and you'll move up the ladder at some point in your TSG career.

Or you can do it like I did and mystify all the mods with your incredible good looks and then get them to make rash decisions when they're not thinking. _awesome_

DrewStern
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
im not saying i wanna be a mod.

bobo_dude16
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Or you can do it like I did and mystify all the mods with your incredible good looks and then get them to make rash decisions when they're not thinking. _awesome_
Like phil? _awesome_

whitemage730
04-26-2009, 08:52 PM
i think brineboy, whitemage and fredy should be a mod...

but thats just my opinion!

besides marathons, what do you mean by needed times?

Awww I'm flattered! :D
but I'm pretty sure Mods aren't chosen until they've proved they're good Chat OP's, and can tell when spam has come to far. (and of course they need to know the forum rules like the back of their hand!)

Qmiser
04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
I bet that after the Final Fantasy Marathon their won't be any new Chat Ops for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I don't even think we'll need so many people again once it's finished.

DrewStern
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I bet that after the Final Fantasy Marathon their won't be any new Chat Ops for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time. I don't even think we'll need so many people again once it's finished.

they may do more start doing longer marathons due to that huge benchmark in TSG history.

CommentatorGuy
04-28-2009, 05:39 PM
<33
Yah guys! Cmon wheres the love?! I didn't get this red glow just by standing near a microwave for too long 8-)

Atleast pkmnfan's got my back *high fives*

the1stpkmnfan
04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
*high fives back* :D

Yeah guys, Chase and I are buds, and we totally got our backs. (Or something :P) He works just as hard as the others, so he needs the love as well. :3

bobo_dude16
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
<33
Yah guys! Cmon wheres the love?! I didn't get this red glow just by standing near a microwave for too long 8-)

Chase I have had your back since the beginning. Don't you remember?
<3

Boo_24_7
04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
<33

You didn't...

*Goes back to fix biography about you*

zach2m1
04-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I think the best role model is Dry.
Fixed.
Lol dry and you antics.
Well anyways people get chat ops or mod position when they show maturity on the site and who shows that they are dedicated with The Speed Gamers. Like Brine said they choose chat ops when ever they feel they have the need for chat ops. And I saw a couple of people mentioned that Diana did indeed get mod position. She went from being a chat op to mod. I don't think it will be very likelythat some one will become a mod just from being a user.

the1stpkmnfan
04-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Zach, aren't you forgeting about dear old Chuggaaconroy? ;)

He'll probably be a Mod, as well as being a Speed Gamer, after he plays in the Mother Marathon.

bobo_dude16
04-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Zach, aren't you forgeting about dear old Chuggaaconroy? ;)

He'll probably be a Mod, as well as being a Speed Gamer, after he plays in the Mother Marathon.
Zach and I had a long talk about him not being a mod yet...

Blackduck
04-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Chase and Britt are the same people, so there wasen't a point in naming him twice.

Boo_24_7
04-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Chase and Britt are the same people, so there wasen't a point in naming him twice.

They are!?
My whole life has been a lie!!!!

the1stpkmnfan
04-28-2009, 08:22 PM
@Bobo- Still, he'd get a TSG Medal and Cohost Medal. Though, I guess you may be right about the Mod thing. But Im not exactly sure.

@Blackduck- There's always a point naming them twice :) One just only said Britt, and not Chase. C'mon guys, we know Chase does his fair work, so he needs credit as well.

kmmgreen5
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
<33

i know you got that glow by standing near a nuclear reactor _awesome_

Snozberries
04-29-2009, 06:22 PM
i respect and appreciate what admins/mods/OPs do for this site
being a higher up power can be quiet stressful at times and hard work must be done

the fact on how well the site runs and how the speedgamers do what they do really shows a lot of how admins/mod/OPs really do

great job to the whole lot of u _awesome_

also grey job for the users being so supportive and whatnot....none is possible without the followers

-gives all users a gold star-

Sonic62
05-03-2009, 01:34 AM
being a higher up power can be quiet stressful at times and hard work must be done
Keeping you guys out of trouble is so very stressful! _dead_

Aeronautical
05-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Awww, thanks Snoz. It's hard work, but it's nice knowing there's other people to help you.

Ninboycl
05-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I highly doubt any more chat-ops will be made for the FF marathon...
You all have seen the massive amount we already have -_-

AlanEdgeHead
05-04-2009, 01:22 AM
I strive to one day be a chat-op. _awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
05-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Yeah, we have about 13 Chat OPs. :o That's a lot. Im sure a few more can't hurt, and that's it.

Boo_24_7
05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
13, why not an even 15 >_>
Unless it's like lucky 13

dryuriev7777
05-04-2009, 01:51 PM
13?

Um...I count 16 Chat Ops

Aero, Benito, Bobo, Chehansen, Dry, Dwaggie, Absol, Jagger, Kilgard, Kmm, Mezix, the BEAR, Tan, Pkmn, Ph3nom, and Zach

We have plenty of Chat Ops. We did perfectly fine during the last marathon with the 8 or so we had, and the added ones are just for more insurance just in case some people don't make it to the marathon or things blow up or whatever. Plus, that's not counting the mods who will from time to time monitor the chat.

the1stpkmnfan
05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, that's true Dry. Plus, I believe I miscounted. :P But totally, adding the Mods and Admins are reaching over 20. Im sure if all of them are there for a marathon, then the Chat will be heavily protected. :)

Mega_Mario
05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Aero, Benito, Bobo, Chehansen, Dry, Dwaggie, Absol, Jagger, Kilgard, Kmm, Mezix, the BEAR, Tan, Pkmn, Ph3nom, and Zach

You forgot Baltes-Bot! You can't forget Baltes-Bot!

Also, if you look at the TSG roster, there are only 9 listed.

StopDropAndBear
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM

You forgot Baltes-Bot! You can't forget Baltes-Bot!

Also, if you look at the TSG roster, there are only 9 listed.

I don't believe that's been updated since the Zelda marathon.

All in all, if every single person who has ops logged on to the chat at once, I think we'd have somewhere near 30 people. :lol:

the1stpkmnfan
05-04-2009, 03:36 PM
28 to be exact. :D But hey, who's counting?

Boo_24_7
05-04-2009, 03:56 PM

Uh, well, you and Dry were counting...

Gwellin
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Ya, mods and admins do count as OPs as well, though some are inactive and others are busy with other things come marathon time.

I also think we had just enough for the Zelda marathon. The reason for the large amount of new OPs is thinking ahead for the Final Fantasy Marathon which should have more viewers than ever before.

whitemage730
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM

Ya, mods and admins do count as OPs as well, though some are inactive and others are busy with other things come marathon time.

I also think we had just enough for the Zelda marathon. The reason for the large amount of new OPs is thinking ahead for the Final Fantasy Marathon which should have more viewers than ever before.

Yeah! With such a big franchise and such a long marathon, there will be plenty more viewers! Plus our rep is definitely increasing.

Qmiser
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
The reason for the large amount of new OPs is thinking ahead for the Final Fantasy Marathon which should have more viewers than ever before.
Not to mention the length of the whole thing. We can't have all the OPs working 24-7 the entire marathon.

Kylethedarkn
05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
The reason for the large amount of new OPs is thinking ahead for the Final Fantasy Marathon which should have more viewers than ever before.
Not to mention the length of the whole thing. We can't have all the OPs working 24-7 the entire marathon.
Or can we? I say work em like dogs. Mwahahahahaha...*ehem*

I mean yes the mods deserve breaks once in a while. :P

Aeronautical
05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm just hoping Baltes bot can handle all the auto ops, don't wanna overwork the little thing :lol: It's good to have so many ops from such a wide area of the world. This means there's almost always one who can be awake.

Richord
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm just hoping Baltes bot can handle all the auto ops, don't wanna overwork the little thing :lol: It's good to have so many ops from such a wide area of the world. This means there's almost always one who can be awake.
I think the Baltes-Bot was built for this kind of thing. It haunts my dreams afterall.

killerwombat
05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Will there also be new ops after the metal gear marathon? I hear everyone talking about getting more for the FF marathon, but Metal Gear is a popular series that has great marathon potential if we all work hard enough.

CommentatorGuy
05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I am sure every marathon will bring at least 1 new chat op =)

the1stpkmnfan
05-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Won't it be happy for the member who becomes the 30th Chat OP? ^^

CommentatorGuy
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM

More like think about the chatroom when it is necessary to have 30 chat ops.
Scary.... *hides*

the1stpkmnfan
05-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I would just hope Baltes-bot can handle all those Chat OPs, including himself.

JaggerG
05-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah it should be fine, it can just kickban us and only certain people can unban themselves. Then it's only a matter of triangulating their location and k...

...oh you mean keeping track of everyone? Yeah, there's no arbitrary limit on the amount of people he can add to the list. It's not like he's ever gonna need to look up their info in those files, and if he does, he can just use ctrl f. It's not like he's inputting virtual reality simulations of our personalities and facial expressions into the bot. At least...I don't THINK he is.

Qmiser
05-06-2009, 04:25 AM

More like think about the chatroom when it is necessary to have 30 chat ops.
Scary.... *hides*
Well, if we need 30 Op's or not, I think that it's good to have a lot of them. It'll make sure that someone can be online no matter what. The only problem I see with so many Op's is that eventually we won't need anymore, and then no one can become another Op and thus can't work their way up in the food chain... but what do I know? I'm just a useless forum member.

Haruka
05-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Notice the fact that about 12 / 16 of the OPs are from Canada and USA :)

People from another time zones would be quite helpful, being able to also moderate the chat while it's night in Texas.

Thought Ryan can handle the situation ;)

killerwombat
05-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Hmm... good point. Is anybody here from Russia?

the1stpkmnfan
05-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Yeah, Rust is a good OP/Cohost. He's got the Morning to rule TSG. :D

DrewStern
05-06-2009, 02:18 PM
my cousin is in russia, ha can join.

he doesnt like siberia thaugh, so he might move. :?

Boo_24_7
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Hmm... good point. Is anybody here from Russia?

Fun Fact: Russia is within 11 different time zones.

JaggerG
05-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Aren't most uninhabited or something?

Also I have highly varying sleeping habits so I help to cover some of the stranger hours sometimes. You also have to consider that some people get up early in the morning to join the feed, some prefer afternoon, some evening, and there are ops from other time zones, so it's probably pretty nicely covered. So long as ops stay in communication, it shouldn't be too tough to coordinate.