PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite SNES game(s)?

zach2m1
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey I thought I would get the Snes forum started off by asking whats your favourite Snes game?

Mine are Super Metroid FTW XD
Super Mario World
Link to the Past
F-Zero
adn Mario RPG

Gwellin
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Now that is too hard. I'll just list a ton of them.

Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Zelda: Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X

There's probably more I can't think of at this time.

fettouhi
10-01-2008, 01:50 PM
there is only 1 game for me that beats them all and thats Super Metroid

GoSmitty
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
While those are all awesome games, my favorite is actually Lemmings. My brother and I still play that game. We have epic duels every now and then. It's a timeless classic for us. It's also got my favorite soundtrack in any game, ever!

Sonic62
10-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Super Metroid.

dryuriev7777
10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Super Metroid, all of the Mario games, Zelda: LTTP, and absolute favorite game is Kirby Super Star

fettouhi
10-01-2008, 11:54 PM
yea people that right metroid all the way :D

Gwellin
10-02-2008, 12:23 AM
I want to say Super Metroid, I really do, but it's so hard when I place it next to some of the others.

fettouhi
10-02-2008, 02:51 AM
I want to say Super Metroid, I really do, but it's so hard when I place it next to some of the others.

come on do it :D its a great game :D

Ferenc
10-02-2008, 05:04 AM
zelda: a link to the past
smrpg
super mario world

skthmgs
10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Super Metroid, Super Mario World, and Final Fantasy III/VI

MSico
10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Secret of Evermore! :D :D :D

SilverSon
10-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI

Sonic62
10-02-2008, 04:09 PM

(Zombie Voice) Yes.... join us!

Gwellin
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM

(Zombie Voice) Yes.... join us!
Okay, okay, Super Metroid is... the..... best....... Super....... Nintendo...... Game... involving Metroids. :?

Damn, sorry guys. I mean, with Illusion of Gaia, Link to the Past, and Super Mario RPG... can you really blame me?

Sonic62
10-02-2008, 05:00 PM
It's okay Gwellin, I understand. It is really hard for me to pick my favorite game of all time between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Then there's a lot of games that are really close seconds. Can be frustrating trying to pick favorites when you enjoy so many games.

Ninboycl
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I choose Alttp :D

fettouhi
10-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Okay, okay, Super Metroid is... the..... best....... Super....... Nintendo...... Game... involving Metroids. :?

Damn, sorry guys. I mean, with Illusion of Gaia, Link to the Past, and Super Mario RPG... can you really blame me?

LOL well there are many good games on the system secrect of evermore Lttp Lagoon but Metroid is still the game I spend most time on :D

Gwellin
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM

LOL well there are many good games on the system secrect of evermore Lttp Lagoon but Metroid is still the game I spend most time on :D
I will you agree with you there. Super Metroid would be the SNES game that I have played the most, but number of times playing and total number of hours. Granted, I didn't actually own Link to the Past (borrowed from a neighbour some times) or Super Mario RPG (rented several times).

fettouhi
10-03-2008, 11:47 AM
well rental is just something thats really not that big here and never has been so I always bout the games. I only rented 1 game that I remember and that was metroid 1 and a NES (it was when I didn't own one)

Bobtastic715
10-05-2008, 08:23 AM
My favorite out of them all has to be EarthBound most likely, then Super Mario RPG is a close second

Hyruleboy
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Forest Maze remix, EB style!

E-a-r-th-bo-U-N-D!
It is the only game just for mee!
When I play this game it's like I'm hypnotized,
Then I turn round and get Mushroomized!

Give Me ROckin!
(Give me Ness!)
Give me Starstorm!
(Let me guess!)
Give me bottle rockets!
(Give me Jeff!)
Gimmie Fire!

I could go on xD.

zach2m1
10-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Forest Maze remix, EB style!

E-a-r-th-bo-U-N-D!
It is the only game just for mee!
When I play this game it's like I'm hypnotized,
Then I turn round and get Mushroomized!

Give Me ROckin!
(Give me Ness!)
Give me Starstorm!
(Let me guess!)
Give me bottle rockets!
(Give me Jeff!)
Gimmie Fire!

I could go on xD.

Lol I love the forest Maze remix :)

Hyruleboy
10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
TO tell the truth, I DID go on, I'll post it if you want.

fettouhi
10-16-2008, 02:22 AM
TO tell the truth, I DID go on, I'll post it if you want.

nah no need you made a good point that Nintendo needs to open there eyes :D

PrincePu
10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
ghfdjvjfghd I love everyone who has EarthBound on there, but I hate everyone who doesn't. Especially you, Gwellin; you haven't even played it! D:

Gwellin
10-24-2008, 06:29 PM
ghfdjvjfghd I love everyone who has EarthBound on there, but I hate everyone who doesn't. Especially you, Gwellin; you haven't even played it! D:
But, but, I watched it. :cry:

I just never saw it as a kid, and haven't had the opportunity since. I will get it when it comes out to Virtual Console though. I promise.

PrincePu
10-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Well then YOU BETTER SIGN IF I START A PETITION.

Or else. D: Oh, and, well, I never saw it as a kid either.. I didn't see (well, remember seeing) any games until the 64, and I don't even have an SNES. I have NES, then 64-Wii.

I was borneded too late for EarthBound. :|

Kurono
10-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I honestly don't even know where to begin with this...

Hmm... I'll try to make a list later. If I try to do it right now, I KNOW I'll forget something.

Vengeance
10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
My favorite Super NES is: Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 3

Gwellin
10-26-2008, 12:45 PM
My favorite Super NES is: Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 3
That's cheating, isn't it?

Vengeance
10-26-2008, 05:12 PM
not really

stapletaters
11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
mine is a tie between Chrono Trigger and Earthbound...and Super Mario Rpg

zach2m1
11-02-2008, 05:50 PM

I really loved Super Mario RPG it is a great game :D

Cross-Warrior
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
My all time favorite SNES game would have to be FFVI

then we got Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG and FFIV and of course who could forget Super Metroid!

HaHaBoom92
11-04-2008, 12:46 AM

Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X

The more you talk Gwell the more I love your taste.

Allow me to say this now, Link to the Past > OoT
Its true ya know.

Cross-Warrior
11-04-2008, 01:48 AM

Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X

Its true ya know.

I am going to have to agree that Link to the Past > OoT

HaHaBoom92
11-04-2008, 02:01 AM

Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X

Its true ya know.

I am going to have to agree that Link to the Past > OoT

And now you too Cross, have joined my awesome people list. Congratulations, have a cookie.

Gwellin
11-04-2008, 02:04 AM

Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X

Its true ya know.
I don't know how I feel about that. I've probably played the two of them about the same amount of times. They are both remarkable games.

In the end I still enjoy playing Wind Waker more than any other Zelda game. Maybe it's the lightheartedness, but I have fun through the whole thing.

Cross-Warrior
11-04-2008, 02:23 AM
And now you too Cross, have joined my awesome people list. Congratulations, have a cookie.

Yay! I got Cookie! _triforce_ Need to be a cookie he holding to make it better. plus the get item music!

stapletaters
11-04-2008, 04:24 PM

I really loved Super Mario RPG it is a great game :D
it is :D

GoSmitty
11-07-2008, 05:19 AM

Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Jurassic Park
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X

Its true ya know.
I don't know how I feel about that. I've probably played the two of them about the same amount of times. They are both remarkable games.

In the end I still enjoy playing Wind Waker more than any other Zelda game. Maybe it's the lightheartedness, but I have fun through the whole thing.
Me too. Although LttP is the best Zelda game, Wind Waker is the one I keep coming back to. It's a game that just makes me happy. Everything about it is so stylistic and I enjoy even the smallest battles with weak enemies. I just never get bored with it.

PrincePu
11-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are the only Zelda games I like.

dryuriev7777
11-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Haha you like the two Zelda games that I feel the most apathetic about. Wind Waker was good except for that horrid mission to gather the triforce pieces. With Majora's Mask, I really didn't like the 3 days thing. No zelda game should have a time limit like that added on. Personally I think Lttp is the best Zelda game...but like other games that might just be because that it's incredibly nostalgic for me :P

zach2m1
11-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Haha you like the two Zelda games that I feel the most apathetic about. Wind Waker was good except for that horrid mission to gather the triforce pieces. With Majora's Mask, I really didn't like the 3 days thing. No zelda game should have a time limit like that added on. Personally I think Lttp is the best Zelda game...but like other games that might just be because that it's incredibly nostalgic for me :P
I love all Zelda games and Majoras mask had what Oot didn't story line depth and Windwaker had a amzaing amount of Toon Shading which was amazing and the bigest open world game!
All the Zelda games are unique that still have the same element in each game

GoSmitty
11-23-2008, 04:51 PM
I love all Zelda games and Majoras mask had what Oot didn't story line depth and Windwaker had a amzaing amount of Toon Shading which was amazing and the bigest open world game!
All the Zelda games are unique that still have the same element in each game
I loved the stories in Majora's Mask. If you didn't just stick to the main road you could get lost in hours and hours of side-stories in addition to the unique main storyline. It had all those cool masks and some masks had big stories behind them as well as having a cool ability like the bomb mask. In what other zelda can you have infinite bombs because YOUR FACE IS A BOMB!?

zach2m1
11-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Ya its one of my favourite Zelda games to date for me its tied with OOT. But I have beat all the Zelda game except Link to the past, Links awakening, and the CDi games

KeymasterPL
11-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I really don't have one favorite. Between LOZ link to the Past _triforce_ , Super Metroid _samus_ , Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 2 and 3.

There is just so many great games for the SNES

zach2m1
11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I really don't have one favorite. Between LOZ link to the Past _triforce_ , Super Metroid _samus_ , Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 2 and 3.

I agree but Super Metroid pushed the SNES to the limit

KeymasterPL
11-24-2008, 11:59 PM

I agree but Super Metroid pushed the SNES to the limit

very true, very true

bobo_dude16
12-04-2008, 09:59 PM
ok, snes was probably one of the best consoles ever made and will always be one of the best consoles ever made. every game i have played on the snes was total awesomeness. here they are:
super mario kart
earthbound
mario all stars :D
legend of zelda: a link to the past
super mario world
star fox
super mario rpg

what can i say, its awesomeness cant be explained by words.... it is remotely close in awesome points to the hat o_0 _hat_ :geek: _hat_

zach2m1
12-05-2008, 03:51 PM
ok, snes was probably one of the best consoles ever made and will always be one of the best consoles ever made. every game i have played on the snes was total awesomeness. here they are:
super mario kart
earthbound
mario all stars :D
legend of zelda: a link to the past
super mario world
star fox
super mario rpg

what can i say, its awesomeness cant be explained by words.... it is remotely close in awesome points to the hat o_0 _hat_ :geek: _hat_

I think both 16 bit systems were freaking awesome!

bobo_dude16
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeep _awesome_ _ninja_

darkhamsterlord
12-23-2008, 01:47 AM
EarthBound for sure.

I also love Super Mario RPG, and tons of other games. The SNES was my favorite, so I have a lot of favorite games on it.

mckma
12-23-2008, 01:50 AM
Tie between Link to the Past and Yoshi's Island...

HOWEVER: I have not beaten either Super Metroid or Super Mario RPG, but what I've played of both and other games from their series, I strongly suspect that if I do complete these (and hopefully I will), they will also be tied for favorite game...

The SNES was awesome...

Serris
12-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Earthbound
SMRPG
Kirby Super Star
Star Fox
FF "3" (6)
Mario All-Stars

Surprisingly, I don't like Super Metroid, I thought I would, but Metroid Fusion must have ruined it for me as I hated not knowing where to go.

mckma
12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Earthbound
SMRPG
Kirby Super Star
Star Fox
FF "3" (6)
Mario All-Stars

Surprisingly, I don't like Super Metroid, I thought I would, but Metroid Fusion must have ruined it for me as I hated not knowing where to go.

Completely slipped my mind, Kirby Super Star did. I really need to get the port, but that game was a ton of fun. I played that with my cousin for hours. I think every time I went to his house for an extended period of time (once or twice a year) for about 5 years, we would beat the game completely, new file to 100%...

zach2m1
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Earthbound
SMRPG
Kirby Super Star
Star Fox
FF "3" (6)
Mario All-Stars

Completely slipped my mind, Kirby Super Star did. I really need to get the port, but that game was a ton of fun. I played that with my cousin for hours. I think every time I went to his house for an extended period of time (once or twice a year) for about 5 years, we would beat the game completely, new file to 100%...
I loved Kirby Super star Ultra I`m probably going to pick that game up really soon. I liked all the different game types you could choose It just kept me busy for hours on end.

Shojau
12-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Favorite SNES game would have to be (and still is, play it once a year for the memories) Secret of Mana. That game was just so perfect.

The RealBrea
12-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Megaman Soccer or SMRPG

SuperPaperNess
12-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, tough choice *cough cough EARTHBOUND cough* :lol:

Megimano
12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Is pretty much my favorite!

Richord
12-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Ya its one of my favourite Zelda games to date for me its tied with OOT. But I have beat all the Zelda game except Link to the past, Links awakening, and the CDi games
The CDi games aren't Zelda games.

mckma
12-29-2008, 06:53 PM
The CDi games aren't Zelda games.
They really aren't, they just star some of the characters, they aren't called Legend of Zelda for a reason, they didn't have rights to the name...

According to Wikipedia, Phillips only had a temporary right to use five of the characters (presumably Link, Zelda, the King, Impa, and Ganon) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series)

Kilgard
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Well in order to continue looking like an RPG fan boy, I would have to say the SNES saw some of the greatest RPGS of all time.

Super Mario RPG, blew my mind... It was a mario game, yet it was also an rpg :o it wasnt just one or the other, it was some crazy perfect blend of both.

Illusion of Geia was also great, I never owned it but I rented it enough to probably buy it twice.

Final Fantasy 6 (3), was easily the highlight of 16 bit rpgs, so many sidequests and optional things to do.

Earthbound, who dosnt remember seeing that giant yellow box, or the amazing pictures in the walkthrough.

But there are two games I havnt seen anyone mention, Lufia II and Breath of Fire II. Breath of Fire II starts of fairly slow but once you start getting more members in your party the game picks up and is amazing.

HiredGun
01-11-2009, 01:40 AM
i never had one back in the day or even an n64... but i guess i can pick now! lol

I liked the mortal kombat series alot! lol

I liked alot of the mario games like SMW

couldnt say honestly lol
never played it enough

the1stpkmnfan
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I used to play the SNES back in the day when I was like 2 or 3. Super Mario World was my favorite to play.

Even after I got the 64 and the Gamecube, I still played the SNES till about 2001.

edit: Srry, that was a mix up. It was Mario World, not SMB 3. Thanks Gwell.

Gwellin
01-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I used to play the SNES back in the day when I was like 2 or 3. Super Mario Bros 3 was my favorite to play.
Er, Super Mario Bros. 3 was on the NES. Super Mario World was on the SNES.

the1stpkmnfan
01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Dang, I got that all mixed up. *facepalm* That was the game I used to play a lot.

1337Josh
03-14-2009, 09:25 AM
earthbound
chrono trigger
final fantasy 6
terringama
link to the past _triforce_

Phantom
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Hmmm...
Well, I don't have an original list, maybe for one game..... >_>
Super Metroid
Link to the Past
and...
ACTRAISER!! <33333
-ahem- Sorry 'bout that... but that game is just mind blowing-ly amazing.

Turtleman
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Super Mario World is my fav game on the snes because its really amazing tbh .

rpglover1980
03-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Oh, That's Easy:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Earthbound
Crono Trigger
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Secret of Mana

and of course
Super Metroid :)

Trombonus
03-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Final Fantasy 3 (VI)

A close second and third would be Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

windows98
03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
the super mario world games are two of my all time favorites. after that i also really like earthbound, chrono trigger and super metroid.

SuperPaperNess
03-18-2009, 03:01 AM
I've never played Secret of Mana, I should probably get it on the VC sometime.

Secretkey
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Definitely Super Metroid - what an awesome game and the best 2D-Metroid so far. Although I really loved Metroi Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission the non-linearity was a factor that really fits to this huge world of Zebes.

diddyknux
03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Donkey Kong Country 2 and Super Mario All-Stars + World (it was impressive how they managed to add all 3 NES titles, plus the Japanes SMB2, Super Mario World, and update the graphics on all 5 games).

TheUserless
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island I really loved that game I think Baby Mario in the cape had alot to do with it

BlueBlazer
03-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Easily Mega Man X. It's also my favorite game of all time.

Once I get a capture card I might do a speed run. Getting all of the items I can finish it in under two hours. If I do it without getting the items I can probably halve that.

Zelda_Freak
04-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I would have to go with Zelda: A Link to the Past as my favorite SNES game. This is the Zelda game that I grew up with and as you can see I really love Zelda games. I can't quite beat it as fast as Gwellin, but I can hold my own. I have even beaten it with getting only what you ABSOLUTELY need to beat the game, the only thing I got that I didn't realize you don't need is the boomarang.

Ziggybomb
04-06-2009, 11:09 AM
It has to be Chrono Trigger! A game so awesome, they made 2 ports of it! _awesome_

zach2m1
04-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Well after playing Megaman X I have to say that is on my top 10 list now! I seriously love the game with all the secrets and killing your self 3 times to get the Hadouken good times _awesome_

dryuriev7777
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Well after playing Megaman X I have to say that is on my top 10 list now! I seriously love the game with all the secrets and killing your self 3 times to get the Hadouken good times _awesome_
_awesome_ _awesome_ _awesome_

I just need to get Sonic and Tan into Mega Man X now <.<

Sonic62
04-09-2009, 04:07 PM

I just need to get Sonic and Tan into Mega Man X now <.<
What? You mean there's more now?! :P

Also, after getting Super Punch-Out!! on the Virtual Console, I think I may have a new favorite Super Nintendo game! :mrgreen:

DeaPGalaxy
04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Mario RPG. Even tough it only came out here for the first time ever a few months back on virtual console.

untuxable
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Chrono Trigger is definitly my favorite with the FF games and Super Mario RPG close behind. (wow, i just realized that all of those are rpgs.......lol)

SeriousKano
04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, sir, it looks like you somehow like roleplaying games. Could that be true?

Super_Yoshi!
04-12-2009, 10:20 PM
It's hard to choose, so I'll just list all the ones I own. _awesome_

Super Mario All Stars
Tetris Attack (AKA Yoshi's Panel De Pon)
Super Metroid (VC)
Super Mario World (GBA)
Yoshi's Island (GBA)
MegaMan 7 (GCN Anniversary Disc)

What's this!? No Link to the Past!? Blasphemy1!11! Um, yeah. I hope to get it either on the GBA or VC very soon. _dead_

SeriousKano
04-13-2009, 04:06 PM
What's this!? No Earthbound!? Blasthemy1!11!

Super_Yoshi!
04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
The thing is, most carts that you can buy used are anywhere from 60 to 200 bucks. :(

06-11-2009, 05:56 PM
The best game for the SNES I believe to be Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars.

caramelslice
06-11-2009, 06:36 PM
My favorite SNES game would have to be Earthbound (Mother 2). If my friend didn't give that game to me for Christmas, my favorite would probably be Super Mario All-Stars; however, I lost it during my move from Japan D:

Qmiser
06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm going to say Kirby Super Star, thanks to all the memories I've had of it. It's the best Kirby game ever, mostly thanks to the Great Cave Offensive. That is just so much fun!

Other favorites are Earthbound and LttP of course.

BlueBlazer
06-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Using the Hadoken on Sigma is always hilarious. :lol:

Zaerox Gamma
06-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Kirby Super Star, for everything EXCEPT the Great Cave Offensive.

Sonic62
06-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Punch-Out!! is most certainly my favorite SNES game! Who would've guessed? :lol:

Qmiser
06-14-2009, 12:39 PM
:shock: How dare you say that... how DARE you!!! lol

CaptainYoYo1996
07-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2 Yoshis Island
Super Metroids
Man alot of Super M's lol

otter
07-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Top Gear and DKC probably.
Weird choices I guess

Richord
07-17-2009, 04:15 PM
:shock: How dare you say that... how DARE you!!! lol
Is it weird I've memorised where all the treasure chests are?

otter
07-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I've only found like half of the chests...

Masamune
07-18-2009, 09:48 AM
My favourite SNES game would have to be Mystic Quest Legend. (Or Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest in the U.S.) It's just pure brilliance!

Ledjar
07-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Without a doubt earthbound is my favorite SNES game.

HaloMan27
07-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Earthbound, Super Mario World, Mario RPG, Kirby Superstar and Zelda: Link to the Past are all tied.

Fullsilverwolf
07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
My favorite SNES game is Super MArio All-Stars. I used to play it all the time with my cousin. :)

Hikaroo
07-21-2009, 09:22 AM
The Super Nintendo is totally my favourite system of all time. It's really hard for me to pick favourites, however there are a few that I can still play and enjoy a lot.

- Final Fantasy VI (confusingly released as FF3)
- Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past
- Donkey Kong Country
- Chrono Trigger
- Secret of Mana
-Illusion of Gaia
- Secret of Evermore
- Soulblazer

... I know there are more, but these are the ones I know off the top of my head.
Heck, I've been replaying FFVI recently. Two other games that I wish were released in America that I never get sick of would be Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3.

Froznpanther
07-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Super Mario World Number one all the way and Captain of the world of...ok i got nothing.....

Sariena
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Super Nintendo was the console I grew up with so I kinda got a lot of favourites.
But my top 10 are:

- Biker Mice From Mars
- Legends of Zelda - Link to the Past
- Final Fantasy III (VI)
- Street Fighter II
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Aladdin
- Donkey Kong Series (I, II and III)
- International Superstar Soccer
- The Lion King
- Super Mario (the one that comes with the console)

Masamune
07-21-2009, 10:20 PM
My favourite SNES game at the minute is Mystic Quest Legend, known in the U.S. as Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. But, I'm really starting to get into Classic Retro games recently, so this could change in the near future...

Dynamitekyle
07-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Earthbound, Super Mario RPG,Chrono Trigger are all great.

Zorro in Arkham
07-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Turtles in Time <33

Amras89
07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Mine have to be.
Link to the Past
Mario World
and Mega man X

Razlu
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
gotta say Link to the Past
Mario World
and Donkey Kong Country 1

Frodus
07-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Megaman X
Link to the Past
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG
Secret of Mana

Nashzilla
07-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Earthbound...none can match the quirkiness

Ness
07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Definitely Earthbound, though SMRPG is a close second.

Smaddy
07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Top 5, in no particular order:
- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy VI (or 3, as it was called...)
- Earthbound
- Super Metroid
- Zelda: Link to the Past
Honorable mention- Secret of Mana

waffle681
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Earthbound
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Monk
07-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Definitely Super Mario Allstars+SMW. So many great games in 1!

Gilga
07-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Earthbound, it was my first RPG and man did I love it. I still remember when I first got it back in 1995 so vividly, I could practically point out such tiny, irrelevant details.

Zaerox Gamma
07-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Come on, no love for Kirby? >_>

crazyguy606
07-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Super Mario RPG hands down.
Super Mario World
Mortal Kombat 3

Anyone else remember playing Mario Is Missing? :D
What an educational game it was.

Oculin
07-25-2009, 03:42 PM
I haven't really gotten into the Kirby series, i played Air ride, Kirby Canvas Curse and Night mare and dreamland and that's about it. I was thinking about getting the one that was recently put on the VC... I think it was Kirby Dreamland 3ish maybe?

Gilga
07-25-2009, 04:43 PM

Kirby Super Star was amazing for me. The rest of the Kirby series was great, but never really stood out too much for me, but KSS was something different. I especially enjoyed the Cave Treasure Hunt, Meta Knight, and Milky Way games in it.

Zaerox Gamma
07-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Even if you weren't a fan, Kirby Super Star is by far one of the best games in the series.

Smaddy
07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh man, I forgot about that! Kirby Super Star was really fun. Great Cave Offensive was pretty difficult to get all 100 treasures.

skynetmain
07-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Earthbound
FF 3
Super Mario World
LoZ: LttP
Mario RPG
Chrono Trigger
and everything else that was SNES that is on my Virtual Console or that I bought as a remake on other systems.

whitemage730
07-25-2009, 10:51 PM
EarthBound, and A Link to the Past are my favorite SNES games. Pretty much any RPG I'll play, and A Link to the Past was the first Zelda I ever played, which really got me into the series. I also really like Super Metroid, but I'm not sure if I would call it my favorite. Definitely a close second, though.

07-25-2009, 10:54 PM
i gotta go with Earthbound and Yoshi's Island >.>

Seifer
07-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Super Mario RPG hands down.
Super Mario World
Mortal Kombat 3

Anyone else remember playing Mario Is Missing? :D
What an educational game it was.All that game taught me is that Nintendo hates Luigi.

My favorite SNES game shifts every day. Today I think it's Final Fantasy III. Or VI. Or whatever you wanna call it.

KeyPaladin
07-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I Got A Small List Of SNES Favorites:
Earthbound
Legend Of Zelda Link To The Past
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy 3 (6)
Secret Of Mana
Wish I Could List More, But That Would Take Up A Whole Form Page...

cre8ive1
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Earthbound and Super Mario RPG are probably my favorite.

Dementrious
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Terranigma, Secret of Mana, Kirby Super Star, Chrono Trigger, LoZ:LttP, SMW, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story, and Killer Instinct

Meddle
07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Super Metroid, and Super Mario World for me.

Marche100
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. Two epic games.

ThePwningPotato
07-11-2010, 03:48 AM
:thumbs: Donkey kong county

07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I was only allowed one console per generation as a kid so I took the Genesis ONLY because EVERYBODY I knew didn't have a SNES. I eventually got one and games off the VC so here's my list:

Super Metroid/Super Mario World (Can't rank them separately.)
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Super Castlevania IV
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Link to the Past (Even though I think its overrated I still like the game.)

I just got Earthbound recently off Amazon for $75 (cart only). After I beat Sin & Punishment: Star Successor I'll play Earthbound and see how awesome everyone is saying it is.

Calum
07-11-2010, 02:03 PM
-Super Mario World
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
-Super Mario All-Stars
-Super Mario Kart
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-F-Zero
-Super Metroid
-EarthBound
-Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
-Street Fighter 2: Turbo

iKrys
07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Donkey Kong Country Series <3

CaptainX24
07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
SNES had a lot of good games...

I'm not sure if it's Zelda LttP or Super Mario World.

Lindbum
07-19-2010, 12:14 AM
EarthBound being that it's my favoritest game ever! X333 <3

Doseianasan
07-19-2010, 12:16 AM
I got quite a few favorites.

-Super Mario World
-Mega Man X1-3
-Mega Man 7
-Mega Man and Bass
-Earthbound
-Super Mario RPG
-Yoshi's Island
-Super Mario Kart
-Kirby's Dreamland 3
-Link To The Past

Mr. Olimario
07-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Super Mario RPG
Super Metroid
Zelda: Link to the past
Super Mario World
Mega Man X
CHRONO TRIGGER!
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby Super Star
Earthbound
I'm sure there are many others that I'm not remembering.

waffle681
07-19-2010, 01:00 AM
earthbound
super metroid _samus_
mario rpg

woopermario
07-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Ugh, I really haven't have the privilege of playing many SNES games, but my favorite, unquestionable in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, a close second would be Super Mario World, but the rest of the SNES games I've played are complete garbage.
*COUGH*Wheel of Fortune: Deluxe Edition"*COUGH*

zerobeatgiggles
07-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Super Castlevania IV and Mega Man X/X2. I should play X2 more.

90HeroMAXD
07-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Just got a second SNES XD

only have Super Mario Kart(which I still love the game)

other games that I like
F-Zero
Super Mario All Star
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Castlevania
Aladin

BroBuzz
10-15-2010, 07:14 AM
_megaman_ Megaman X
:yay: Earthbound
:thumbs: DKC
_triforce_ A link to the past
:what: Yoshi's island

Arielol
10-15-2010, 03:35 PM
TMNT Turtles in Time
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World

D3adlyNinja
10-15-2010, 03:36 PM
super metroid and super mario RPG

WolfAmadeus
10-15-2010, 03:41 PM
My favorite SNES games are: Donkey Kong 1,2, and 3, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, and Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

DavyBones24
10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Super mario World 1 & 2. 'nuff said. 8-)

Vaati33
10-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Very top of my list:
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
A Link to the Past
Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3

There are so many other games that I love for the SNES, but I can't just name all the games I own. :p

Spuggy
10-15-2010, 11:03 PM
A Link to the Past hands down

10-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Earthbound

DiZaster321
12-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Super Mario World
Earthbound
Wild Guns
Kirby Super Star
SMRPG
Mega Man X

Fantom
12-11-2010, 01:33 AM
*COUGH* zombies ate my neighbors *COUGH*

Godzilla145
12-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I'd say it's a tie between Super Mario World, Super Godzilla, or King of the Monsters 2. Those are all great to me. I'd include Buster Bustin Loose, but it was pain to get to the final boss at the end.

Edit:
Wow, I read through the comments and you guys kept naming the same like 7 games, makes em wish my snes gatalog was able to exapnd before I sold it and the game to save my gamecube and n64 :(

pkGamerB
12-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Huh, I could've sworn I'd posted here before. In order, my favorite SNES games are:

1. Earthbound
2. Super Metroid
3. A Link to the Past
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Super Mario RPG

Honorable mention for Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy II (IV), and MegaMan X. I always liked the Super Star Wars games as a kid, too.

GrimsChild
12-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Actraiser

90HeroMAXD
12-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Donkey Kong Country 2
Great Battle 2
Super Metroid

Xaiph
12-11-2010, 06:19 PM
If it's made by Nintendo, it's my favorite SNES game. :D

But I'd have to say SMRPG, FFIII, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound.

piccolo1104
12-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Super Mario RPG. Easily my favorite game ever.

JasefWisener
12-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Chrono Trigger, ALttP, SMW1, and all of the Donkey Kong Country games.

PhantoMarauder
12-20-2010, 09:55 PM
SMW2: Yoshi's Island and Kirby Super Star.

Shiron
12-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Mario World and Earthbound.

Dannydaw003
12-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Super Mario World, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart. Just to name a few ;)

ff fan 4 life
01-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Mine would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Chrono Trigger, Star Fox, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II (original), The Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past, Final Fantasy III, and Donkey Kong Country 1-3. I have too many favorites on the SNES and was kinda hard to narrow the list down.

Kelranox
01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Super Mario RPG

90HeroMAXD
01-13-2011, 12:09 AM
http://i.neoseeker.com/boxshots/R2FtZXMvU3VwZXJfTmludGVuZG8vU3RyYXRlZ3kvVHVybi1iYX NlZA==/super_robot_taisen_gaiden_lord_of_elemental_import _frontcover_small_DXc5w1rcm9o35GP.jpg

Has a nice sound track. Bandpresto never fails when it comes to RPGs(mostly the older ones now they tend to be average to poop)

I just love the sound track to this game
Mio no Jungara
Dark Prison
Flapper Girl
most if not all of the themes kick a lot of arse

[youtube:35vtt0nq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok7WgcQgidk[/youtube:35vtt0nq]
every secondary characters theme.

LoboRaptorLo
01-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Super Mario World - Super Mario Island 2 (Yoshi's Island)
Double Trouble (lil guy with a bubble pistol who travel around the different country)

Actually I blushing but on SNES it's the only games I played...

Mplay213
01-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Super Mario World
Earthbound
Shin Megami Tensei

Ghost
03-16-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll have to go with Yoshi's Island and the Donkey Kong Country series. Loved those games.

Migfu
03-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Earthbound, A Link to The Past, Super Metroid. Thos are my three favourites. :)

pkGamerB
03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
^You've got good taste. Those are my 3 favorite games for any system. :P

ojamamask
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I've only played super mario kart, super street fighter 2 and mario paint. So I can only say those games.

Opario
04-23-2011, 03:46 PM
[spoiler:3oq5lpm3][youtube:3oq5lpm3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koz_hKRHsVM[/youtube:3oq5lpm3]
Aw yeah[/spoiler:3oq5lpm3]

Endiku
05-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Well My Favorite Super Nintendo Games go like this
Mega Man 7
Kirby Superstar
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars(Lost Levels FTW)
Clay Fighters

Hartross
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Link to the Past
Super Mario Allstars
Killer Instinct
Donkey Kong Country
Sword Of Mana

Opario
05-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Sword of Mana is clearly a GBA game. I hope you're referring to Secret of Mana.

Lifeless-Fox
06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger for me.
I grew up with those, love them so much :D
Yoshi's Island is up there too.

Mr. Olimario
06-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Ahh, I completely forgot about Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. Despite it only being released in Japan, it's one of the best games I've ever played.

GrimsChild
06-04-2011, 04:51 PM
^ Was that the fourth game? I heard that was supposed to be the best in the series.

Mr. Olimario
06-04-2011, 07:35 PM
^ Was that the fourth game? I heard that was supposed to be the best in the series.

It was the fifth game, I believe. I think Genealogy of Holy-war is the fourth game.

Thracia is probably received so well because of how much it changed the series (for the better, mind you).

Johne
06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Earthbound, why say more

Vaati33
06-06-2011, 10:28 PM

I like the way you think.

Ledjar
06-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Earthbound. Best . Game. Ever.

Lifeless-Fox
06-24-2011, 01:49 AM

I like the way you think.
I like the way you think I think.
But seriously, those games are fantaaastic.

Rakuen
06-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Hmm... I've got to go with Chrono Trigger, and it's not just my favorite SNES game, but my favorite of all time. I own the game thrice over, and I've done all the endings at least twice. You might say I play it a lot.

z0rzer
07-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Definitely Super Metroid, with Earthbound as a close second :D.

GrimsChild
07-17-2011, 05:34 PM
After careful consideration, my favourite SNES game is now S.O.S (otherwise known as Septentrion).

YEAH!!! I'm so cool.

90HeroMAXD
07-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Super Metroid: Nothing is better then showing that you have a lack of a social life by perfecting the mochball and morphball jum....I mean it's a great game with wonderful visuals.

F-Zero:Need I say more

Super Robot Taisen 4: Those friggen tank(not literal) units are annoying, but the difficulty is what made it enjoyable, plus Dancougar.

Dracula X: though a watered down port, the music was 10x better.

Captain Novolin: The guy teaches us about Diabetes what's not to like about him?

Panda
07-17-2011, 11:45 PM
After careful consideration, my favourite SNES game is now S.O.S (otherwise known as Septentrion).

YEAH!!! I'm so cool.
Liking games that more than 10 people know of?
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/041/380/original/a32a3b9c-0e1b-4f66-ab4f-b66a7d1eb134.jpg
Too mainstream.
(along with adding actual captions to the picture)