PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space

MSico
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Just finished Chapter One... omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

(No spoilers yet, since some people here are waiting to get it)

This game takes the very best from Bioshock and Eternal Darkness and mashes them together in beautiful glory <3

_hat_ recommended

zach2m1
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I got the game also and I love it and I agree with the bioshock and the eternal darkness comment but I also think they mixed up a little bit of RE4 though.

fettouhi
10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
well I have preorder it but in DK its comes out 23 oct so ill need to wait a week :(

StopDropAndBear
10-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Haven't had a go at it just yet, but I was watching my brother play for a bit and..holy crap, guy.

Edit: okay so after I wrote that I figured now was as good a time as any to give it a try, and I've since reached a decision: no more Dead Space by myself at night. I got so jumpy that I almost piddled myself when a hologram for a med pack popped up in close proximity.
Yeah, that's right, I scare easy. All that means is that when we are inevitably invaded by carnivorous aliens/zombies/mole people, you'll all stand there laughing because you're convinced it has to be a prank, while I run away like a hero. And THEN who will be laughing. Not you, because you'll be dead.

MSico
10-16-2008, 11:25 PM
while I run away like a hero.

"When danger reared it's ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!"

The best part of this game is how one creature will use the noise created by another one to cover its tracks while it SNEAKS UP ON YOU... now that's AI! I was in a room earlier and took on three crawlers, and after beating them and stomping around on their bodies, a fourth one silently came into the corner of the screen from nowhere and sliced me in half. It. Was. AWESOME.

StopDropAndBear
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I KNOW RIGHT?!
Or the way they set traps..you watch one flail down a hallway like a happy chimp, thinking it hasn't noticed you, when it's actually leading you into the middle so you get boxed in by its buddies on either side..

Oh and also: don't you quote your Monty Python at me, boy! *backhands*

wiifan_362
10-17-2008, 10:16 PM
i heard if BioShock scared u, u should wear a [Bob Saget] diaper playing Dead Space. :shock:

MSico
10-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh and also: don't you quote your Monty Python at me, boy! *backhands*

Run away! Run away!

StopDropAndBear
10-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh you defiant little suchandsuch. xP

ps I hate medical facilities. So much. :'(
"You should be clear from here to the morgue"
OH IS THAT A FACT.

MSico
10-18-2008, 02:56 PM
:lol:

The engineering deck had a pretty neat area. Plus it became the first part of the game where I ran utterly out of ammo, because I'm trying to get through without using the other weapons in my first run. Looks like it's going to be melee for awhile...

StopDropAndBear
10-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Ha, I got squished by that centrifuge thing like, three times before I figured out what I was doing wrong.
Oh, uh, spoiler alert you guys: there's a centrifuge. ;)

MSico
10-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I did too, until I checked to see which direction the game's objective wanted me to go. :P It sure was relaxing to get out of that room, though. How far are you now?

StopDropAndBear
10-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Chapter 4.
"These things sure are hard to kill"
OH IS THAT A FACT. AGAIN.
....I wanna punch that guy right in the mouth. Which button do I press for that.
I bet it's right next to my "Sarcastic retorts to Hammond's idiocy and ability to state the obvious" button.

MSico
10-18-2008, 11:45 PM
We're bound to run up against him later in the game, at which point I'm going to knock him out and stomp his limbs/head off.

StopDropAndBear
10-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Well you're far more courteous than I would be...I wouldn't knock him out first. ;)

My god, this game is turning me into such a violent person. Quick, someone get me some Barbie Horse Adventures, I need to detox.

Aeronautical
10-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Haha. I just realized that this would have been a superb game for the Halloween marathon. Don't you think? Oh well.

fettouhi
10-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Haha. I just realized that this would have been a superb game for the Halloween marathon. Don't you think? Oh well.

nah well I don't think so so many people are playing it right now that most people will probably rather play it then watch it imo.

Aeronautical
10-19-2008, 11:40 AM

nah well I don't think so so many people are playing it right now that most people will probably rather play it then watch it imo.
Yeah, you're probably right. Haha

MSico
10-19-2008, 01:25 PM

We'd have to seriously bust our asses to get this game ready for the Halloween marathon, especially because I think I'm the only one in TSG who currently owns it. But since Tyler may have to work, I'm devoting my time to doing the complete run of Eternal Darkness, sorry :P

We are strongly thinking about doing this marathon again next year with different games, just because there are so many great games/franchises we had to leave out... Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, System Shock, Clock Tower, Dead Rising, and probably by then we'll be ready for Dead Space and Left 4 Dead.

StopDropAndBear
10-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Oh that'd be rad!

Anyhow..still not finished (I think I've got two-and-a-half chapters left to tackle), but I will say this much at this particular juncture: LOL HAMMOND.
And chapter 10 is made of evil and pants-wetting. Twinkle twinkle little star...

TheGreenShirtGuy
11-11-2008, 01:20 AM
ya dead space = Amazing its did take something from other games but it did not copy anything major Im tired of ppl saying its just a copy of RE4 of BioShock
IT is its own game!!! When will we be able to look at a game for what it is instead of always comparing it to others???
Dont get me wrong I love BioShock and RE4 they are two of my fav games i just think Dead Space deserves its own place in the world of gaming where ever that might be.
TheGreenShirtGuy _triforce_

fettouhi
11-11-2008, 02:00 AM
ya dead space = Amazing its did take something from other games but it did not copy anything major Im tired of ppl saying its just a copy of RE4 of BioShock
IT is its own game!!! When will we be able to look at a game for what it is instead of always comparing it to others???
Dont get me wrong I love BioShock and RE4 they are two of my fav games i just think Dead Space deserves its own place in the world of gaming where ever that might be.
TheGreenShirtGuy _triforce_

I agree with you. dead space is something different then Bioshock and RE4. the aspect of thinking before you shoot is much bigger in this game and the story integration with the UI is a awesome idea and I hope that some other games will start to think how to make the player able to move around while the story goes on. there are so many things about this game that is so good and I think its one that will come close if not win game of the year.

krabbymcnabby
03-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Dead Space is an amazing game IMO, I've been taking slow (Cannot rush a game so i would never be a good speed gamer) and have only got to chapter 4, it's my smaller bro's a weird as that sound so i can't play on it all the time. I get off school early this year thanks to my exams so i'll probably complete it then. I still don't think it's as scary as most people think. It' jumpy (jumpy as in when i'm not paying attention and it jumps and goe RAAR and then i'm more into the game) but not scary, mind you, I'm not really scared of much...except clowns...and china dolls :lol:

fettouhi
03-15-2009, 02:45 PM
my best time on that game is 4 hours

Letifer
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I love the commercial for this game.
I do think it's a great game though, but I doubt it's something for me. I saw a little bit of it on the marathon. But it was little bit laggy for me then... So yeah, fun to watch a laggy game. :/
Oh well, hopefully I'll get to see how the game is when someone I know plays it. Don't know anyone who has it though...

SnowPin
03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I loved this game and the ending was awesome <3

RobZombie
03-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Great Game just beat it again the other day!!!

Still nothing like BioShock it a completley diffrent game, diff mechanics, diff story, diffrent everything.

Both are Great Games but they are not the same!!!