PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Banner Vote

Gwellin
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
To vote click the dot to the left of the image you want to vote for.
Then click Submit Vote just above this text.

These banners were submitted by members of TheSpeedGamers community. To keep the vote fair and impartial, no names are associated with the banners. Look them all over before making your decision. Please vote before reading past the first post.

Their forum equivalents:

http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/c-forum.jpg
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/e-forum.png
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/h-forum.png
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/k-forum.png
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/o-forum.png
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/s-forum.png
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/w-forum.png

These banners were submitted by members of TheSpeedGamers community. To keep the vote fair and impartial, no names are associated with the banners. Look them all over before making your decision. Please vote before reading past the first post.

This buffer is in place to make sure you don't scroll too low.

Vote before passing this point!

Trombonus
05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Wow, these are all great! I've narrowed my choice down to four, but I don't know which one to choose.

I also think it's a great idea to make these anonymous.

ETA: The decision has been made. :D

the1stpkmnfan
05-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I just voted about 5 minutes ago. :P Theyre all so good, but only one can be the winner? This is gonna be a close match.

Luminary
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I like number 5 the most, because original art is awesome, and the font is also awesome. However, I think that this one looks better as a forum banner, because the larger banner just seems to have an odd blank space at the bottom. #2 looks better as a larger banner, but ultimately if I only had to pick one for both the forums and the site, I'd pick the fifth.

Anatotitan
05-19-2009, 11:48 PM
I like number 5 the most, because original art is awesome, and the font is also awesome. However, I think that this one looks better as a forum banner, because the larger banner just seems to have an odd blank space at the bottom. #2 looks better as a larger banner, but ultimately if I only had to pick one for both the forums and the site, I'd pick the fifth.

All of them should have some space at the bottom, just to leave room for the navigation bar. For example, you can see it on the current banner since the bar is translucent. If the winning image doesn't have the space, it'll likely have to be adjusted a bit to make room for the buttons.

dryuriev7777
05-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I like number 5 the most, because original art is awesome, and the font is also awesome.
That's exactly why I picked it. :D

They are all amazing though. Good job to everyone who made a banner. You're all winners in my eyes.

Brineboy
05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
These are all such awesome banners it was a hard choice but I made it!

Tanexion
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
It sure wasn't an easy choice. Very nice job to everyone whose banner is up there!

zach2m1
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
All you guys did a great job! It was very hard to chose. But rather than getting flamed I would rather not say who I voted for >_>

Haruka
05-20-2009, 04:29 PM
I love them, they're all just as ready as they can be to promote this event. The vote system has some slight bugs or inconveniences there, or then probably, it's because of the small size of this notebook. But what ever, they're all great.

SonikkuMan
05-20-2009, 05:08 PM
They are all too good to choose. Can we use the chosen one to promote even though it's not for charity?

Aeronautical
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
It literally took me all night to decide XD Once again, I stand by my opinion of being able to vote for everyone's because they're all good in their own way.

coolasj19
05-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I cant vote..... :(

bobo_dude16
05-20-2009, 05:35 PM
did you click on the bubble next to the picture and click submit?

SonikkuMan
05-20-2009, 05:41 PM
It literally took me all night to decide XD Once again, I stand by my opinion of being able to vote for everyone's because they're all good in their own way.

We should all follow Aero's example

Btw: you better watch out for cave crickets that could spawn due to her banner's presence (lol)

Ninboycl
05-20-2009, 05:42 PM

We should all follow Aero's example

Btw: you better watch out for cave crickets that could spawn due to her banner's presence (lol)
I vote next time we have a vote we boycott it >:3

coolasj19
05-20-2009, 05:47 PM
did you click on the bubble next to the picture and click submit?nvm i had to refresh a few times but i got it.

SonikkuMan
05-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I vote next time we have a vote we boycott it >:3

But then we'd be voting to boycott voting. TIME PARADOX *left dazed in a confusion*

SnowPin
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I liked them all! Good Job Everyone who made them!

I voted for 4 though.

kmmgreen5
05-20-2009, 10:00 PM
;_; i m so disappointed Zach didn't submit an entry

Shuukei
05-21-2009, 12:26 AM
It took me a long time to decide, they're all so awesome.
I ended up picking #2 though.

Mega_Mario
05-21-2009, 05:09 AM
What a tough choice. I ended up choosing [spoiler:116w1t1n]a banner. My vote is a secret to everybody.[/spoiler:116w1t1n]

Sorry, just wanted to do that.

Anyways, they are all very awesome!

DeaPGalaxy
05-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Wasn't to eay to choose, but I managed it in the end.
I choose 5. Nice idea BTW about not mentioning who made them =D

iHeart_Absol
05-21-2009, 03:34 PM
We did not want people voting merely on popularity alone, though Anatotitan's banner is pretty obvious since he has his own art style. XD

Gwellin
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
It would seem that I messed up in putting an end time for the poll, so I will lock the topic manually in about 7 hours from now. Around midnight CST.

CodeZTM
05-21-2009, 03:47 PM
A little late for it now, but I did have a quick question. Were these the finalists that the admins chose or was it all the banners entered? Because even though I know it wouldn't have won, the banner I submitted wasn't on the voting list. :D

Thanks!

Gwellin
05-21-2009, 03:50 PM
A little late for it now, but I did have a quick question. Were these the finalists that the admins chose or was it all the banners entered? Because even though I know it wouldn't have won, the banner I submitted wasn't on the voting list. :D

Thanks!
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that. Some entries were removed for not being to spec, consisting of only one of the two sizes, or having the sizes wrong. Yours were significantly smaller than what was required.

zach2m1
05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Lol kmm I am sorry but I told you I am no good at making banners.

kmmgreen5
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM

you made that awesome sig you just had to believe

iHeart_Absol
05-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Zach, you've got a good eye for things. I'm sure with a bit of practice you will become very good. ^_^

Aeronautical
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm sure you'd be able to do a good job. And like Absol said, a little practice could help.

Gwellin
05-22-2009, 12:11 AM
And the winner is... Well, that's a little complicated.

Anatotitan got the most votes, however our design decision is to keep a brighter theme on the front page, and his is just too dark. So, the choice is Local's blue banner.

Anatotitan will be on the forum, and likely hacked up for third party sites. To be fair to Absol, who tied Local, she will be rotated on the forum randomly.

Local:
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/w-site.png

Anatotitan:
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/o-forum.png

iHeart_Absol:
http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/votes/mg-banners/e-forum.png

Thank you all participants.

Haruka
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
He he, great job Ana, Local & Absol, and the decisions of how to use all of those three banners.

Congratulations to the winners & all the participants.

the1stpkmnfan
05-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Horray for Local, Ana, and Absol! :D I cant wait to see them up.

Anatotitan
05-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Congrats Local!

Though if you do want to use mine for other stuff, I can edit it however you want to suit other purposes. The source file is about twice the resolution and has everything on different layers, so pretty much any resolution/composition you want is perfectly doable.

YAY BANNERS!

Gwellin
05-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Congrats Local!

Though if you do want to use mine for other stuff, I can edit it however you want to suit other purposes. The source file is about twice the resolution and has everything on different layers, so pretty much any resolution/composition you want is perfectly doable.

YAY BANNERS!
I would like to have it. Thanks.

Anatotitan
05-22-2009, 03:22 AM
I would like to have it. Thanks.

Gotcha. Just PM me the e-mail address to send it to and it's all yours!

Also that is the cutest avatar.

localretard
05-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Yay! Thanks everyone, and good job as well to everyone who submitted banners, especially Absol and Anatotitan.

I'll be editing mine here shortly to look more aesthetically pleasing.

jolt1030
05-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Anatotitan your banner looks awesome, I really admire the style it looks so freaking cool! The machine caught my eye so I voted for your banner!
also congrats local!=D

DeaPGalaxy
05-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Noice. Very good looking! =D

zach2m1
05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Congrats to all of you guys! You all did great! Congrats Anototitan, Absol and Local! And thanks Absol, kmm and Aero im glad you guys think I can make good banners if I practice and put my mind to it. ^_^

Aeronautical
05-22-2009, 04:12 PM
No problem Zach! And great job Absol, Ana, and Local. It's nice to see the best banners all got to be put up. It's always nice when multiple people win =D

Benito
05-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Anatotitan's submission would look so awesome on the physical banner.

the1stpkmnfan
05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
It would, but Local's banner is just as good. So it doesnt matter for me.

The switching of both Ana and Absol's banners is wicked btw. :)

Ninboycl
05-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Bah, maybe next time >.<
Congrats anyways

5t0k35
05-22-2009, 08:53 PM
>_> I'm getting rather annoyed by all of the switching, but what am I gonna do?