PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Marathon 09'

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

HerrFrog
08-19-2009, 02:43 PM
It would be cool if a Ursaring could be named HerrFrog. Hmm let's see if I have some extra cash for donations around the time.

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 02:43 PM
hey carnage you forgot about my bulba!

Carnage
08-19-2009, 02:44 PM
hey carnage you forgot about my bulba!
Sorry, I looked through the pages and couldn't find it.

Masamune
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
:o Carnage, you forgot about Gengar = RaveGengar and Skitty = MiniKitty! I am ashamed of you! :lol: _ns_

Carnage
08-19-2009, 02:47 PM
:o Carnage, you forgot about Gengar = RaveGengar and Skitty = MiniKitty! I am ashamed of you! :lol: _ns_
MiniKitty never confirmed it herself, and Gengar will more than likely be up to TSG to decide what to do with it. I'm sure they will find something clever and creative to do.

jsatter13
08-19-2009, 02:53 PM
:o Carnage, you forgot about Gengar = NotPsnType and Skitty = MiniKitty! I am ashamed of you! :lol: _ns_
I think that this would work better, myself, but that's just me.

Skeletor1991
08-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Skeletor the Mudkip.....sounds good to me :lol:

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
thanks Carnage

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 03:27 PM
H-has a forum-wide tournament to get people excited for the marathon already been considered?

There's a lot of trainers on these forums, so we could arrange a tournament bracket with set rules, gather usernames and their team names, and basically just have a grand old tournament just before the marathon...

Thoughts? I would be more than happy to not only organize it, but provide a running commentary if we manage to record several of the matches, and I have a suitably Pokemon-Stadium-Announcerish voice. _awesome_

TwilightWarrior
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Carnage, you forgot about my Chikorita! ><

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
H-has a forum-wide tournament to get people excited for the marathon already been considered?

There's a lot of trainers on these forums, so we could arrange a tournament bracket with set rules, gather usernames and their team names, and basically just have a grand old tournament just before the marathon...

Thoughts? I would be more than happy to not only organize it, but provide a running commentary if we manage to record several of the matches, and I have a suitably Pokemon-Stadium-Announcerish voice. _awesome_
that actually sounds like a fun idea!!

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I know I'd be happy to get this thing underway... shall I put up a topic for it, or would it be wiser to wait for a TSGer's approval? After all, in keeping with the idea of shutting down other streams before a marathon, they might prefer us not to - in case it gets in the way of, or even overshadows the marathon.

I know it sounds fun, though, and something a LOT of people could get into.

EDIT: And we needn't make it just battles, either. How about a Contest division?

Skeletor1991
08-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh I would totally be apart of it. :D Ill bring my Platinum team up to the line to fight.

jsatter13
08-19-2009, 03:42 PM

:o

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before now? That sounds perfect!

And I love the idea of the Stadium announcer, I loved that game, and the epic voice was just awesome.

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I sent a whatsit to Gwellin asking for approval, so we'll just see if this is ok by the higher-ups, and if it is, then I guess I'll get cracking with organizing it - I mean, everyone seems really excited about it already! :D

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 03:48 PM
ooooh can I be the ring card personell.... wait I don't have the thighs for that and am not the correct gender for it... on second thought can I be your co-anchor

jsatter13
08-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Oh, yes, we are, I feel like organizing a wi-fi team right now!

I really hope that Gwellin gives it the okay. It sounds awesome. _awesome_

TwilightWarrior
08-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I may join. Sounds really fun! :D Although my team still needs some work...

Gwellin
08-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Sorry I don't check this topic too much. :P

We've had tournaments before, so there's no reason we can't have another. Someone actually tried to organize a Pokémon tournament during the last marathon, but it didn't seem to get off the ground.

Go ahead Mastertoku, if you want to organize all of this then you are welcome to. You might check out the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tourney (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1980) that KumquatCherry impressively operated, with progression brackets and everything.

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Hooray Gwellin you rock!!!

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Right then. *cracks knuckles*

I'm going to spend some time putting together the rules, the mechanics of the tournament, and all that, and I'll have a topic up later this afternoon - probably in the Community Talk forum - where we can start registering Trainers and Teams. I'll link to it from this topic once it's up...

Start getting your stuff together, folks!

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
go for it but remember there's no need to rush it, marathon's not till December... but I wanna battle nowwwwww

cocowoushi
08-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Hmm, Time to start EV training a team. Though sort of would like to know what the brackets/rules will be. No legends? OU? BL? UU? Sleep clause? Species Clause?

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Hmm, Time to start EV training a team. Though sort of would like to know what the brackets/rules will be. No legends? OU? BL? UU? Sleep clause? Species Clause?
... I have no idea what any of that means so if those are exemptions I sure hope somebody can explain them to me ahead of time so I don't accidently use one of them lol

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM
It's pretty likely that Legendaries will be disallowed, yes. As to the others, I'll be figuring out the schematics shortly.

Carnage
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry, Twilight. Filling you in now. Also, I'd only join the tournament if I could commentate a lot of it. Seeing as I'm trying to commentate on various streams here, and so far nobody has wanted me to do it. T_T

Articuno - Carnage
Munchlax/Snorlax - pKGamerB
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Larvitar/Tyranitar - Slowflake
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume - FSWolf
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion - CCake
Drapion - Shiron
Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert - Skeletor
Onix (Possibly Steelix) - KevinD
Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise - Atrum
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Charmander/Charmeleon, Charizard - championj
Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra - jsatter13
Gible/Garchomp - Cameroon
Misdreavus - Cheese
Teddiursa/Ursaring - HerrFrog
Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur - gamachan
Chikorita/Bayleaf/Meganium - Twili
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr - Mattman

Bolded: Pokemon
italicized: Name of Pokemon
--Remember to donate for these names as that will increase the likelihood of it getting chosen.--

TwilightWarrior
08-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks. :D As for the name, just put Twili, please. :)

Gwellin
08-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Also, I'd only join the tournament if I could commentate a lot of it.
Commentate? A tournament like this is not likely to be possible as a stream. People have wildly varying schedules and even over a weekend it would be very difficult to get every battle done in order.

I recommend, just like the SSBB tourney, to have designated brackets and give the players a few days to get their battles in. Move on to the next rounds when everyone has finished; disqualify anyone who can't arrange a battle.

bobo_dude16
08-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I will try to donate for a sentret named bobo :3

Mattman324
08-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe I could have a Totodile named after me. After all, it is my favorite pokemon. _awesome_ But, that is unlikely.

Oh, and the starter for one of the games that will be shown first should be named Chehansen.

Carnage
08-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Also, I'd only join the tournament if I could commentate a lot of it.
Commentate? A tournament like this is not likely to be possible as a stream. People have wildly varying schedules and even over a weekend it would be very difficult to get every battle done in order.

I recommend, just like the SSBB tourney, to have designated brackets and give the players a few days to get their battles in. Move on to the next rounds when everyone has finished; disqualify anyone who can't arrange a battle.
I actually completely forgot that there is no decent capture device for the DS. Although I may have found the solution to that, more than likely nobody here has one. I apologize for not realizing this. D:

Also, I'll participate if its at least a month from now, because I won't have D/P by that time.

the1stpkmnfan
08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'd see the tournament how it went with the Brawl tourneys. Mastertoku, I'll sign up for this Pokemon Tournament, so you can cound me in. :D Ill look forward to seeing all the rules, too.

And Carnage, why not also include the other Pokemon that are the evolutions, too?

Carnage
08-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I'd see the tournament how it went with the Brawl tourneys. Mastertoku, I'll sign up for this Pokemon Tournament, so you can cound me in. :D Ill look forward to seeing all the rules, too.

And Carnage, why not also include the other Pokemon that are the evolutions, too?
What do you mean? It's simply request, and if it's not already taken I'll put it on the list. However, including Pokemon that are evolutions of other Pokemon (ie: Croconaw is an evolution of Totodile) may be difficult as I do not think you can switch names between evolutions. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

the1stpkmnfan
08-19-2009, 04:47 PM
No, I mean like if I want to be Ambipom, then Aipom would be included.

Carnage
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
No, I mean like if I want to be Ambipom, then Aipom would be included.
So then it would be Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan? I think I understand.

the1stpkmnfan
08-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean.

Carnage
08-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean.
I have a lot more work ahead of me then. But it's for the community, so I won't complain. :D

Though I may need constant updating if I left out a Pokemon evolution stage.

PekoponTAS
08-19-2009, 05:05 PM
You're already promoring? a little early no? Yeah I don't think the date will change though.

Well, why not promote early? If you wait until a month before, there won't be enough time to get the word out. I say get people excited early on and have them be that more thrilled when the big day arrives. I'm not promoting in forums yet or anything like that though. A Youtube video is a good way to promote early. I have a second promo video ready, but that will be posted closer to the marthon's date. I just want the Pokemon Marathon to be a big success. :) I haven't been this hyped for something in a long time.

jsatter13
08-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Maybe I could have a Totodile named after me. After all, it is my favorite pokemon. _awesome_ But, that is unlikely.

Oh, and the starter for one of the games that will be shown first should be named Chehansen.
Its not a good idea to post in color, as it can be difficult to read on the different background. Thanks. :)

And about the tournament, I'll start getting my team ready. I'm thinking a wide-balanced type range, perhaps based off of Chuggaaconroy's team. I'll see what I can do.

Omega
08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
sign me up for the tournament if it does happen

cheesecake
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion - Cheesecake (may not fit)

I checked my Japanese Platinum to see how many characters a nickname could be, and it only had five spaces per name. If this is also how it is in HG/SS (that's how their getting Cyndaquil, right?) then they could just name it CCake. ;)

Also, this tournament seems really cool, count me in!

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Since I've got a really long time for this, apparently, posting it this afternoon seems kind of redundant on second thought. So I'm going to take some time to really refine the rules, see how it works, plan the commentation, etc., and I'll post them in a couple of days.

Skeletor1991
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Good thinking. We need to make it as good as possible. :D

pkGamerB
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
This is a great idea! I had been thinking of suggesting a pokemon tourney for quite some time, but I didn't since I currently don't have wi-fi. Hopefully by the time everything is organized, I'll either have wi-fi or a wi-fi adapter, at least. This is perfect timing for me though, I just finished training my competitive team about two weeks ago. _awesome_

Omega
08-19-2009, 11:29 PM
my only question is how will you notify the peopl that are suspose to battle?

the1stpkmnfan
08-19-2009, 11:50 PM
By PMs, I believe.

And no problem Mastertoku. I cant wait to see how it's all arranged by you. :)

gama-chan
08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
well like gwellin said if they start a tourney they can outline it and we can all see who is against who

the1stpkmnfan
08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
And especially we'll have a Tourney Bracket. But, I think the bracket should look pretty Pokemon style. But that's just me. xD

Sonic62
08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
well like gwellin said if they start a tourney they can outline it and we can all see who is against who
I'd imagine it'd be like the Brawl tournaments.

Skeletor1991
08-20-2009, 05:16 AM
I say we at least give people the chance to train and level up there parties though.

Carnage
08-20-2009, 10:46 AM
I say we at least give people the chance to train and level up there parties though.
Especially considering I don't even have D/P at this point! xD

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Though one of the reasons I suggested it was because I wanted to join in, I think I'm going to have to disqualify myself (and any other commentators/organizers) from actually participating... Oh well.

And on that note, is there anyone in particular who would prefer helping organize this to playing? I will need some assistance.

Skeletor1991
08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Especially considering I don't even have D/P at this point! xD

Well I got it lol I just know Im going to need to do some work.

And on that note, is there anyone in particular who would prefer helping organize this to playing? I will need some assistance.

Depends for me lol....what do you need?

SonikkuMan
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, now who's talking about a tournnement? Cause if so, sign me up :p (I just hope my team can follow the regulations)

P.S. Shouldn't we put up a different topic than using the Pokemon Marathon topic if we're making a tourney?

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Uhm, co-commentating could happen... assembly of rules... checking up on players who have a match coming up - you know, just general regulation and organization of the tournament (which, by the way, I'm thinking of giving a Winter theme in overall aesthetic and terms.)

Omega
08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
i can help but i don't wanna be DQ'd

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Nah, if I have someone who's playing commentate, or vice-versa, one's probably going to detract from the other...

Anyone able to give me an estimate as to how many entrants we might have?

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
umm 52 maybe, but trust me it'll narrow down some.

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh, wonderful! I was afraid there would be too few for the schematic I'm thinking of.

Also, for customization, each player will have the option to supply a Team name for their six Pokemon, and to represent them on the battle chart, I'll give the option to design your own symbol/emblem (within a certain template, of course.). Would that interest anyone?

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 01:54 PM
yosh!!! it sure would. How bout you spice things up a bit and make atleast one battle in one of the rounds a double battle so that we can team up with one member of our choice against two others!!!

cocowoushi
08-20-2009, 02:46 PM
yosh!!! it sure would. How bout you spice things up a bit and make atleast one battle in one of the rounds a double battle so that we can team up with one member of our choice against two others!!!
Interesting but seems a little.. unfair. Though if it was made to be random draw pairings it would be more fair but more.. unlucky? If you get what I'm saying.

But a team symbol would be all sorts of nifty!

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Yes, I think doubles will needlessly complicate things, and introduce an element of chance into the tournament that could affect people's chances negatively. We'll stick with single-trainer teams.

However, I am contemplating the possibility of a Contest bracket alongside the Battle bracket. If your Pokemon is really Cool or Smart but doesn't like fighting, who am I to judge? :)

jsatter13
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh, wonderful! I was afraid there would be too few for the schematic I'm thinking of.

Also, for customization, each player will have the option to supply a Team name for their six Pokemon, and to represent them on the battle chart, I'll give the option to design your own symbol/emblem (within a certain template, of course.). Would that interest anyone?
Ah yeah, that sounds awesome! I love how this is turning out, its going to be quite the event. :)

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Yes, I think doubles will needlessly complicate things, and introduce an element of chance into the tournament that could affect people's chances negatively. We'll stick with single-trainer teams.

However, I am contemplating the possibility of a Contest bracket alongside the Battle bracket. If your Pokemon is really Cool or Smart but doesn't like fighting, who am I to judge? :)
Oh well I thought it would be a nice way for people in the forums to team up and think up strategies. hee hee

cocowoushi
08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
However, I am contemplating the possibility of a Contest bracket alongside the Battle bracket.
How would that work? :o

Omega
08-20-2009, 03:26 PM
However, I am contemplating the possibility of a Contest bracket alongside the Battle bracket.
How would that work? :o

one is pokemon contest and one is for pokemon battles is what i think he means

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Dang I stink in pokemon contests!! But I'll still participate in that one I guess.

Omega
08-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Dang I stink in pokemon contests!! But I'll still participate in that one I guess.

i use to be good at them, in fact i still am but i lost that spark since no one in my old town could beat me but lately my battle spark has come back

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 03:37 PM
are pokemon contests necessary? because I would hate to see the TSGers
have to go through one of those during the marathon.
'

the1stpkmnfan
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I think doing battles and contests sounds fun. So I would enjoy doing both. :) Ill bring in my Ash attitude for battles, and May/Dawn attitude for contest!

Omega
08-20-2009, 03:40 PM
they aren't required for anything other then a 5 star trainer card and something "fun" to do i guess and i use the term fun loosely with pokemon contests

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
they aren't required for anything other then a 5 star trainer card and something "fun" to do i guess and i use the term fun loosely with pokemon contests
Oh okay so the TSG guys wont have to do them.

And pkmnfan that sounds cool, wish I had an Ash attitude when battling lol.

Omega
08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
i'm gonna bring my cynthia mood for when i battle

jsatter13
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh okay so the TSG guys wont have to do them.

And pkmnfan that sounds cool, wish I had an Ash attitude when battling lol.No need to worry! _awesome_ Ash-itudes aren't required. bad pun, lol

The contest thing sounds like a good idea. I'm really looking forward to this. Good luck to all! :)

the1stpkmnfan
08-20-2009, 04:26 PM
And much props for Mastertoku to organize all this to get hyped for the Pokemon marathon. Heaven knows I'll be hyped in my way, for yall to find out in October. ;)

Omega
08-20-2009, 04:28 PM
i think we should hold the tournament/contests in the begining of november to mid december that way its right before the marathon

someone70
08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm not good at battling or contests, but I'm excited to see what everyone else can do. :D

Mastertoku
Yeah, that's pretty much the schedule I was thinking. I'll have registration going throughout September so folkses can train, and I might do a little podcast thing or something? I dunno.

Carnage
I think we should make a separate thread for the tournament as this should be solely for discussion regarding the marathon (in my opinion).

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes, I'll have that up as soon as the rules have been all laid out.

the1stpkmnfan
08-20-2009, 04:35 PM
BTW, I do wonder if we're able to use certain shiny Pokemon. As long as they aren't hacked, althought you would hardly determine so. I have a shiny Quagsire I caught as a shiny Wooper in the Great Marsh, without any cheats. And I also got that Shiny Milotic from the VGC this year. It'd be terrible for legit shinies to be cut out of the tournameny. They're not that different from normal colored Pokemon.

Skeletor1991
08-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Talk about being lucky Pkmn lol

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Eh? Why would shinies be cut out?... It's not like the difference goes any deeper than aesthetic... and besides, one of my own party members is Goliath, a blue Nidoking. No, I can't think of a reason they'd be cut.

the1stpkmnfan
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
In the 2007 Pokemon Video game tournament in Gamestops, for DP game owners, they all had a rule that players cannot use Shiny Pokemon; even if they're legit. I know it really stunk.

But hey, this is a community tournament, so we're nothing that strick like the Gamestop tournament. :P

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 04:44 PM
there's no difference in shiny pokemon and normal colored pokemon so I'm glad you are allowing them. But how would you be able to tell the difference between them? Hacked and non hacked I mean.

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, I could either just trust all the entrants to be honorable and decent about it, or I could have them type out/take a picture of their stats, nature, etc. for each party member and examine them closely.

I don't really think hacking's gonna be a problem in, you know, a community this tight-knit.

cocowoushi
08-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I was more curious about how they could DO a contest tourny. Does DP have a way for you to contest other players? If so I had NO idea it could do that. :shock:

Mastertoku
08-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, you can.

...I think?

Dangit, now I'M not sure. I'll have to go check. Now that I think about it, I can't really remember ever having done that myself... I know you can at least do it locally, but, uh...

Well, I'll check.

Omega
08-20-2009, 05:18 PM
can't you do a contest with others wirelessly?

Mattman324
08-20-2009, 06:13 PM
To bad that I don't own a copy of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum... Good luck with the tornament, though!

DrewStern
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow, I'll try, (don't post in colors like that)

Slowflake
08-20-2009, 06:20 PM
In the 2007 Pokemon Video game tournament in Gamestops, for DP game owners, they all had a rule that players cannot use Shiny Pokemon; even if they're legit. I know it really stunk.

But hey, this is a community tournament, so we're nothing that strick like the Gamestop tournament. :P

This is official tournaments we're talking about, their rule sets are always lousy. And I'm not just talking about allowing Garchomp and Wobbuffet, but stuff like Item Clause is still on even though the reason for its existence has been utterly destroyed in the last 8 years, Tyranitar and non-event Dragonites are banned because the level equalizer isn't allowed, stupid junk like that.

Just using standard rules may be the easy way out, but it's the most fair and the most efficient, since everyone's familiar with them, or at least should be.

Omega
08-20-2009, 07:01 PM

This is official tournaments we're talking about, their rule sets are always lousy. And I'm not just talking about allowing Garchomp and Wobbuffet, but stuff like Item Clause is still on even though the reason for its existence has been utterly destroyed in the last 8 years, Tyranitar and non-event Dragonites are banned because the level equalizer isn't allowed, stupid junk like that.

Just using standard rules may be the easy way out, but it's the most fair and the most efficient, since everyone's familiar with them, or at least should be.

yea this is true but they were set in place to give everyone a chance obviously but maybe you should post the rules that way everyone can read them or be reminded of them

Slowflake
08-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure how removing the level equalizer gave everyone a chance, but that's not the point.

K, standard rules as of August 20, 2009 (that is, before stage 3 suspect voting):

- No uber Pokémon (Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys-RS, Deoxys-FR, Deoxys-LG, Deoxys-E, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina-A, Giratina-O, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Arceus)
Latias, Latios, Garchomp, Manaphy and Shaymin-S are subject to change in the near future
- No uber items (Soul Dew)
- Sleep Clause (can't put the opponent's Pokémon to sleep if he already has a sleeping Pokémon, Rest-induced sleep doesn't count)
- Freeze Clause (can't freeze the opponent's Pokémon if he already has a frozen Pokémon, impossible to apply on wireless/Wi-Fi)
- Species Clause (no more than one Pokémon of a given species)
- Double Team and Minimize are banned (any other way of gaining evasion or reducing accuracy is allowed)
- Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill and Sheer Cold are banned

DrewStern
08-20-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm in if its in September or October.

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 08:09 PM
are these the rules for this contest or are you giving an example?

Omega
08-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Istandard rules as of August 20, 2009 (that is, before stage 3 suspect voting):

- No uber Pokémon (Mewtwo, Mew, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys-RS, Deoxys-FR, Deoxys-LG, Deoxys-E, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina-A, Giratina-O, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Arceus)
Latias, Latios, Garchomp, Manaphy and Shaymin-S are subject to change in the near future
- No uber items (Soul Dew)
- Sleep Clause (can't put the opponent's Pokémon to sleep if he already has a sleeping Pokémon, Rest-induced sleep doesn't count)
- Freeze Clause (can't freeze the opponent's Pokémon if he already has a frozen Pokémon, impossible to apply on wireless/Wi-Fi)
- Species Clause (no more than one Pokémon of a given species)
- Double Team and Minimize are banned (any other way of gaining evasion or reducing accuracy is allowed)
- Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill and Sheer Cold are banned

okay first off look at what they banned, all those are cheap ways to win and thus would make for a pretty lame tournament in my opinion and second removing the level eq, forced you to think outside the box and come up with new combos

Slowflake
08-20-2009, 08:23 PM
okay first off look at what they banned, all those are cheap ways to win and thus would make for a pretty lame tournament in my opinion and second removing the level eq, forced you to think outside the box and come up with new combos

How so? The ONLY thing the lack of level equalizer removed was Tyranitar and Dragonite. Everything else is still there, and while the loss of T-tar can be a small problem, Hippowdon is a very acceptable substitute, though its job isn't the same. As for Dragonite, Salamence is superior in just about every possible way, so no one even cares. Then there's the whole "allowing Wobbuffet, Garchomp and SD-less Latios" bit as well. They remove Tyranitar, sure, but they allow three much cheaper Pokémon in exchange. That doesn't encourage people to try new stuff, that encourages them to use the ubers that they allowed.

As for the rules I posted, they aren't the rules for this particular tournament, those are what is universally agreed among high-end battlers.

Omega
08-20-2009, 08:32 PM

How so? The ONLY thing the lack of level equalizer removed was Tyranitar and Dragonite. Everything else is the exact same, and while the loss of T-tar can be a small problem, Hippowdon is a very acceptable substitute, though its job isn't the same. As for Dragonite, Salamence is superior in just about every possible way, so no one even cares. Then there's the whole "allowing Wobbuffet, Garchomp and SD-less Latios" bit as well. They remove Tyranitar, sure, but they allow three much cheaper Pokémon in exchange. That doesn't encourage people to try new stuff, that encourages them to use the ubers that they allowed.

As for the rules I posted, they aren't the rules for this particular tournament, those are what is universally agreed among high-end battlers.

so let the people who want to be cheap be cheap, it just shows their lack of skill and knowledge

gama-chan
08-20-2009, 08:40 PM

How so? The ONLY thing the lack of level equalizer removed was Tyranitar and Dragonite. Everything else is still there, and while the loss of T-tar can be a small problem, Hippowdon is a very acceptable substitute, though its job isn't the same. As for Dragonite, Salamence is superior in just about every possible way, so no one even cares. Then there's the whole "allowing Wobbuffet, Garchomp and SD-less Latios" bit as well. They remove Tyranitar, sure, but they allow three much cheaper Pokémon in exchange. That doesn't encourage people to try new stuff, that encourages them to use the ubers that they allowed.

Really? Hmm personally I'm not really all that scared of Ubers most of them that I face fall to my mighty Violet...

Omega
08-20-2009, 08:53 PM
neither am i but i mean there are people out there that actually are and they whine and cry and before you know it OMG BOOM! your team is banned

Slowflake
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Really? Hmm personally I'm not really all that scared of Ubers most of them that I face fall to my mighty Violet...

It depends on the caliber of your opponent. There was this one PBR video a few years ago where one guy with a Beautifly, an Exeggutor and some NU piece of crap I'm forgetting managed to beat a trio of ubers controlled by... someone that wasn't very good, to be polite.

But when the fighters are of equal skill, as it often happens in ladder matches, the uber team will win nearly every time.

As for this "skill and knowledge" thing... knowing the flaws of the ruleset and exploting them is exactly that, skill and knowledge. It's cheap, but it's allowed, so anyone who wants to win will exploit every opportunity.

Omega
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM

It depends on the caliber of your opponent. There was this one PBR video a few years ago where one guy with a Beautifly, an Exeggutor and some NU piece of crap I'm forgetting managed to beat a trio of ubers controlled by... someone that wasn't very good, to be polite.

But when the fighters are of equal skill, as it often happens in ladder matches, the uber team will win nearly every time.

As for this "skill and knowledge" thing... knowing the flaws of the ruleset and exploting them is exactly that, skill and knowledge. It's cheap, but it's allowed, so anyone who wants to win will exploit every opportunity.

oh i know people will exploit loop holds but i'm talking about someone that isn't very skilled i.e newbs and all they have are ubers

Sonic62
08-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Ah, the age old rules argument.

SonikkuMan
08-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Umm...isn't this topic straying from its original purpose of talking of the Pokemon Marathon this Winter? Shouldn't we make a different topic on like Community Talk if we're gonna host a tournament?

Masamune
08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Umm...isn't this topic straying from its original purpose of talking of the Pokemon Marathon this Winter? Shouldn't we make a different topic on like Community Talk if we're gonna host a tournament?

I agree Sonikku. :lol:

the1stpkmnfan
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
There's going to be another topic, once Mastertoku makes the rule, but yeah we are drifting away from the topic. Which seemed to stretch about 6-7 pages. :P

Carnage
08-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I suggested this like 5-10 pages ago. xD

Masamune
08-21-2009, 11:24 AM

:lol: Poor Carnage got ignored.

Carnage
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM

:lol: Poor Carnage got ignored.
As usual. Although I have been getting a fair amount of respect/recognition lately so I can't complain. :D

Masamune
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
As usual. Although I have been getting a fair amount of respect/recognition lately so I can't complain. :D

I respect you as well Carnage! :D And glomp you! <3 _awesome_

Carnage
08-21-2009, 11:35 AM

I respect you as well Carnage! :D And glomp you! <3 _awesome_
And I know you have a reputation for glomping! xD

Also, we really, really, really should get back on the topic of the marathon itself. It will actually be a really nice marathon, it starts a week before Christmas, so it's almost like TSG's early Christmas gift to us!

Masamune
08-21-2009, 11:40 AM
And I know you have a reputation for glomping! xD

Also, we really, really, really should get back on the topic of the marathon itself. It will actually be a really nice marathon, it starts a week before Christmas, so it's almost like TSG's early Christmas gift to us!

And that reputation was hard earned! :lol:

Yes, so on topic, it is like TSG is giving us an early christmas present! I'm gonna be without internet acess for most of Christmas, so it's good that it's a week before the big day. I just hope we don't have as many tragedies in this Marathon as we did in the last Pokéthon. 8-)

Omega
08-21-2009, 12:39 PM
okay anyways getting back on topic now, which games are they gonna be playing exactly, someone remind me

Carnage
08-21-2009, 12:45 PM
okay anyways getting back on topic now, which games are they gonna be playing exactly, someone remind me
I think Red/Blue (and FireRed/LeafGreen), Gold/Silver (and HeartGold/Soul Silver), Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, as well as various console Pokemon games (excluding Stadium).

Confirmation on this is needed, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

Omega
08-21-2009, 12:48 PM
i think colosseum and XD gale of darkness

Mega_Mario
08-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I think Red/Blue (and FireRed/LeafGreen), Gold/Silver (and HeartGold/Soul Silver), Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, as well as various console Pokemon games (excluding Stadium).

Confirmation on this is needed, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate.
I don't believe that, like last time, Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Yellow will be played, as the goal is to catch 'em all and have them in a 4th Gen. game (probably Platinum) and as those games cannot contribute to 4th generation games, they will most likely not be played. ;)

StopDropAndBear
08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Someone mentioned a bunch of pages back that it'd be cool to see some of the older gen games played just for fun, but it really depends on how much time there is and whether they have enough players that non-essential games can be thrown in. (:
Personally, I think it's a nifty idea. Good old Red and Blue.

Omega
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
well maybe someone could play an older game after they are done with the game they were assigned?

jsatter13
08-21-2009, 02:38 PM
I think that sounds like a great idea! The older games are some of the best anyway, and nostalgia is always a fun time. :)

Masamune
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
well maybe someone could play an older game after they are done with the game they were assigned?

Yeah. Like, say, if they complete later gens first (Doubtful, but still), then they could start the older gens.

the1stpkmnfan
08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Games like Pokemon Snap are what I'm thinking. But yeah, as long as we have extra time, most definitely. But again, games Im thinking to be played are:

Ruby, Sapphire, Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc, FireRed, LeafGreen
Diamond, Pearl, My Pokemon Ranch, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver

And also many pages back, event Pokemon are all taken care of. ;)

Mew- Movie 8 Toys R Us "MYSTRY Mew" event, My Pokemon Ranch
Ho-Oh- (originally= Colosseum), HeartGold
Lugia- (originally= XD), SoulSilver
Celebi- Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc
Jirachi- US Colosseum Bonus Disc, Draco Meteor Jirachi
Deoxys- US 2008 Gamestop Deoxys
Manaphy- Pokemon Ranger/Shadows of Almia secret mission, Movie 9 Toys R Us 2007 event
Darkrai- Movie 10 Toys R Us event, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia secret mission, Members Card event
Shaymin- Movie 11 Toys R Us event, JP Oak's Letter event
Arceus- Movie 12 JP event

And all of the above has at least 1 requirment we've already covered.

Omega
08-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Games like Pokemon Snap are what I'm thinking. But yeah, as long as we have extra time, most definitely. But again, games Im thinking to be played are:

Ruby, Sapphire, Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc, FireRed, LeafGreen
Diamond, Pearl, My Pokemon Ranch, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver

And also many pages back, event Pokemon are all taken care of. ;)

Mew- Movie 8 Toys R Us "MYSTRY Mew" event, My Pokemon Ranch
Ho-Oh- (originally= Colosseum), HeartGold
Lugia- (originally= XD), SoulSilver
Celebi- Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc
Jirachi- US Colosseum Bonus Disc, Draco Meteor Jirachi
Deoxys- US 2008 Gamestop Deoxys
Manaphy- Pokemon Ranger/Shadows of Almia secret mission, Movie 9 Toys R Us 2007 event
Darkrai- Movie 10 Toys R Us event, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia secret mission, Members Card event
Shaymin- Movie 11 Toys R Us event, JP Oak's Letter event
Arceus- Movie 12 JP event

And all of the above has at least 1 requirment we've already covered.

and like i said if britt says its okay i can send my copy of pearl that has the 10th aniversery celebi on it

the1stpkmnfan
08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
And hey, as long as we somehow cant get the Bonus Disc to work out, then that's quite a big possibility.

Slowflake
08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
There's not much of a point in playing RBY and GSC since FRLG and HGSS will already have been covered...

Anyway, the games that are being played for sure are R/S, FRLG, DPP, HGSS and Ranch. I'm hearing a lot of conflicting things about Emerald (though I definitely think it should be played), and there's the possibility of Ranger 2 for Manaphy and Darkrai, depending on how these two will be handled. Colosseum and XD probably aren't coming back. Which is good, because they aren't very good to begin with.

As for filler after catching them all has been done, there's been sort of a drive to get Snap in there. Which would at least be a nice change of pace after all the RPGing, plus it's not redundant the way RBY and GSC would be.

Masamune
08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
There's not much of a point in playing RBY and GSC since FRLG and HGSS will already have been covered...

Nostalgic fellings my friend! Many people on the forums prefer 1st and 2nd Gen. over 3rd and 4th. So, IF they collect all Pokémon in the later gens, then they could play the earlier gens as well.

the1stpkmnfan
08-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Eh, I honestly dont see the point for playing RBY and GSC for the marathon. Not being able to transfer over the Pokemon to GBA then to over DS just seems like covering time for nothing. But, I do love those GB games a lot, but not so much for the marathon.

But to represent them, we could use them attached to a PAK for Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2 respectively. Only if we have time, so I would like to see that. :)

SonikkuMan
08-21-2009, 04:06 PM

I hope we don't have a Christmas "Miracle" like last year...darn you Ruby. They probably would get a new Ruby (hopefully not from Amazon) to use to ensure the same problem isn't caused by a fake cartridge (if it was one).

Masamune
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I hope we don't have a Christmas "Miracle" like last year...darn you Ruby.

Hopefully my friend, hopefully...

PekoponTAS
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
And hey, as long as we somehow cant get the Bonus Disc to work out, then that's quite a big possibility.

The Game Cube is region locked, but I hear it's quite simple to mod. Though if you're against that sort of thing, you can always import a Japanese Game Cube. Not sure if you would need a Japanese GBA to Game Cube Cable though.

cocowoushi
08-21-2009, 08:00 PM
>> I'd love to see some Pokemon Snap played..

Omega
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
pokemon stadium 2 FTW

the1stpkmnfan
08-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, and Pokemon Stadium 2 you say? That sounds good, to me. :P

Sonic62
08-22-2009, 02:41 AM
Honestly, I'd be shocked if there's extra time. So don't count on extra games and get hopes up. Just being realistic.

Masamune
08-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Honestly, I'd be shocked if there's extra time. So don't count on extra games and get hopes up. Just being realistic.

I guess... the possibility of them actually completed the Pokéthon early is absolutely miniscule!

jsatter13
08-22-2009, 07:50 AM
I guess... the possibility of them actually completed the Pokéthon early is absolutely miniscule!.It is...

But when you estimate that most of the time it took them to get to Ho-oh and Lugia can now be spent on collecting more Pokemon (thanks to HG SS), we might actually have a couple of hours left-over.

In that case, I would like Snap to be played first, followed by the Stadium challenges in Stadium 1 and 2.

Mega_Mario
08-22-2009, 07:53 AM
But when you estimate that most of the time it took them to get to Ho-oh and Lugia can now be spent on collecting more Pokemon (thanks to HG SS), we might actually have a couple of hours left-over.

But... when you consider the time it will take for them to figure out Japanese... >_>
*rewatches catching Darkrai video*
It might be a little close depending on how much Japanese they learn and practice they get.

LegendOfCookies
08-22-2009, 08:02 AM

But... when you consider the time it will take for them to figure out Japanese... >_>
*rewatches catching Darkrai video*
It might be a little close depending on how much Japanese they learn and practice they get.

Hmm... yes that would be quite hard... lol you guys need a player that can understand Japanese

jsatter13
08-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Perhaps they could play the regular Gold/Silver and hope that its similar enough to get through the game? IDK, I'm just trying to think of a way to get Snap in there. Maybe they should cut corners by playing HG SS to the Legendaries before the marathon. I'm not sure though, anything could work or fail.

Jromero1208
08-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Perhaps they could play the regular Gold/Silver and hope that its similar enough to get through the game? IDK, I'm just trying to think of a way to get Snap in there. Maybe they should cut corners by playing HG SS to the Legendaries before the marathon. I'm not sure though, anything could work or fail.
Good idea but that would defeat the purpose of collecting all the pokemon in 72 hours.

AlanEdgeHead
08-22-2009, 10:00 AM
They'll surely have HeartGold/SoulSilver figured out by December. That's a whole three months. This isn't Team Rocket Science...

_awesome_

TheFinnGamer
08-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I hope the marathon is before the 21st when it isn't I gonna cryyy :(
I'm going on vacation then...

jsatter13
08-22-2009, 10:14 AM
This isn't Team Rocket Science... _awesome_ Lame puns for the win.

But they should have it figured out by then. And if they don't, Colloseum and XD are always very desperate options.

Omega
08-22-2009, 11:09 AM
okay they won't need to learn japanese because by the time they import the game they'll have practiced it enough to where they know it by heart or they can always just go look up a guide for it

the1stpkmnfan
08-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh and don't forget the times they need to play for practice, with school/college getting in the way. But yeah, Im sure they'll have the games known by heart by then.

Slowflake
08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Serebii will have covered all the important points anyway, I'm sure even those of us who didn't import will still know the game inside and out by the end of September.

Masamune
08-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Oh come on, this is TSG! Of course they'll have the games down! _awesome_

Omega
08-22-2009, 01:05 PM

of course how foolish of me

Masamune
08-22-2009, 01:06 PM

of course how foolish of me

Yes, foolish Omega! :lol:

Omega
08-22-2009, 01:07 PM
i feel so ashamed now *hangs head in shame*, lol

Masamune
08-22-2009, 01:17 PM
*Glomps Omega in a cheer up way* _awesome_

gama-chan
08-22-2009, 01:45 PM
i feel so ashamed now *hangs head in shame*, lol
It's okay Omega (I don't know what you did) here have a ravegengar doll!

Masamune
08-22-2009, 01:47 PM

No, even better! Have a 2010 Special Limited Deluxe Edition RaveGengar Figurine!

jsatter13
08-22-2009, 01:49 PM
[quote="Off-topic gama-chan":1emqrgv2]It's okay Omega (I don't know what you did) here have a ravegengar doll!

No, even better! Have a 2010 Special Limited Deluxe Edition RaveGengar Figurine![/quote:1emqrgv2]
[off-topic]Even better! I here have the official TSG "NotPsnType" Gengar! Limited edition, and Britt approved! _awesome_ [/off-topic]

gama-chan
08-22-2009, 01:49 PM

No, even better! Have a 2010 Special Limited Deluxe Edition RaveGengar Figurine!
:D :lol:
That is even better

Omega
08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
[quote="gama-chan":149wjjt8]It's okay Omega (I don't know what you did) here have a ravegengar doll!

:D :lol:
That is even better[/quote:149wjjt8]

i can just feel the love but why not put that in the TSG hall of fame?

Sonic62
08-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about HG/SS. As long as it's not too terribly different than the originals, it should be a good walk down memory lane. The old player's guides would still be effective too. :)

gama-chan
08-22-2009, 02:48 PM
they could always just improvise and hilarity would ensue!! But yeah I'm sure they'll do fine and chances are someone will LP it before then, but you're right Sonic it should be fine for them.

Omega
08-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't worry about HG/SS. As long as it's not too terribly different than the originals, it should be a good walk down memory lane. The old player's guides would still be effective too. :)

to be honest i don't think they are gonna be the same as the originals, i.e. more to the storyline and what not

Slowflake
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM

Unless said guides recommend elepunch Alakazam/Gengar, of course. And I know of a few people who actually still use these...

Omega
08-22-2009, 03:38 PM
i remember that

Sonic62
08-22-2009, 03:41 PM
to be honest i don't think they are gonna be the same as the originals, i.e. more to the storyline and what not
There's always new things in games like these, but it won't be so drastic that someone who's played GSC will find it to be a completely different game.

Omega
08-22-2009, 03:49 PM
There's always new things in games like these, but it won't be so drastic that someone who's played GSC will find it to be a completely different game.

this is true but what about trying to get the in game legendaries if they are gonna attempt to get them

Slowflake
08-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Then what? Two of the dogs will be Master Ball'd (and we'll know which ones if Suicune's in Tin Tower like in Crystal), everything else will be spamming Ultras (or Dusk Balls, depending on their availability). Pretty much the same deal as in GSC, except now there's the weather trio, Giratina and either Dialga or Palkia to deal with (those last three at level 1 though, so you're in no danger of being swept while trying to catch them).

Omega
08-22-2009, 03:59 PM
no, i was talking about the conditions needed to be met in order to catch them

Sonic62
08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
It can be expected that by then all of the details will be on Serebii and sites like that.

Omega
08-22-2009, 04:08 PM
It can be expected that by then all of the details will be on Serebii and sites like that.

yea thats true

Slowflake
08-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Even so, we can assume that at the very least, Raikou, Entei, Lugia and Ho-Oh will be the exact same as in Gold and Silver. TBH, I'm curious about where and when you find the weather trio, as well as where the Arceus event takes place. (We already know the name of the place, I mean, where are the ruins located?)

Skeletor1991
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I wonder how they will put him in the game. I know when you try to get him on Platinm, you have to head to the Sky Pillar again.

Shiron
08-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Even so, we can assume that at the very least, Raikou, Entei, Lugia and Ho-Oh will be the exact same as in Gold and Silver. TBH, I'm curious about where and when you find the weather trio, as well as where the Arceus event takes place. (We already know the name of the place, I mean, where are the ruins located?)
For the Arceus, I believe I remember hearing something about the event starting and the area opening up when you take the movie Arceus to the Ruins of Alph. So it's presumably either a part of them or somewhere nearby.

Omega
08-22-2009, 05:48 PM
I wonder how they will put him in the game. I know when you try to get him on Platinm, you have to head to the Sky Pillar again.

you meant emerald right?

the1stpkmnfan
08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I think he means Spear Pillar. :P

Omega
08-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I think he means Spear Pillar. :P

is he talking about rayquaza or dialga/palkia?

Shiron
08-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Well, since it looks like he was replying to Slowflake, I thought he he was talking about Arceus.

the1stpkmnfan
08-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Ah, nevemind then. XP Im guessing Skeletor means Emerald to get Rayquaza at the top of the Spear Pillar.

Omega
08-22-2009, 06:20 PM
yea i think he meant emerald and put platinum on accident, thats what threw me off

Sonic62
08-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Oh no, everyone's confused over the names. :P

Rayquaza = Sky Pillar
Arceus = Hall of Origin (Above Spear Pillar)

:mrgreen:

Omega
08-22-2009, 06:40 PM
i think he was talking about rayquaza though

Sonic62
08-22-2009, 07:28 PM
It started by asking where Arceus is in Platinum.

Slowflake
08-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Or maybe he really meant a crazy hybrid of Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia and Arceus that created the universe, controls time and space, and suicides in front of level 6 Wingulls... I'm sure some custom sprite maker already covered that, though. You can think it, it exists on the internet.

Omega
08-22-2009, 09:36 PM

oh okay now it all makes sense

Masamune
08-23-2009, 04:19 AM

I'm still confused. :? My fault for coming into this conversation late. :lol:

AlanEdgeHead
08-23-2009, 06:36 AM

I'm still confused. :? My fault for coming into this conversation late. :lol:

You're not the only one who's confused, so don't feel bad...

Omega
08-23-2009, 09:38 AM
okay i think we need to unconfuse people here now

DrewStern
08-23-2009, 10:04 AM
#1 Starter FRLG
#2 Evolve #1
#3 Evolve #2
#4 Starter FRLG
#5 Evolve #4
#6 Evolve #5
#7 Starter FRLG
#8 Evolve #7
#9 Evolve #8
#10 Viridian Forest
#11 Evolve #10/ Viridian Forest
#12 Evolve #11
#13 Viridian Forest
#14 Evolve #13/ Viridian Forest
#15 Evolve #14
#16 Route 1 is Best Choice
#17 Evolve #16/ Route #1,2,3 (LG) is best choice.
#18 Evolve #17
#19 Route #1,2 is Best Choice.
#20 Evolve #19/ Pokemon Mansion is Best Choice

Leave the rest of the list to me please, I have the first 200 done.

I'd like to see Britt pace around the room with pokewalker.

Omega
08-23-2009, 12:01 PM
#1 Starter FRLG
#2 Evolve #1
#3 Evolve #2
#4 Starter FRLG
#5 Evolve #4
#6 Evolve #5
#7 Starter FRLG
#8 Evolve #7
#9 Evolve #8
#10 Viridian Forest
#11 Evolve #10/ Viridian Forest
#12 Evolve #11
#13 Viridian Forest
#14 Evolve #13/ Viridian Forest
#15 Evolve #14
#16 Route 1 is Best Choice
#17 Evolve #16/ Route #1,2,3 (LG) is best choice.
#18 Evolve #17
#19 Route #1,2 is Best Choice.
#20 Evolve #19/ Pokemon Mansion is Best Choice

Leave the rest of the list to me please, I have the first 200 done.

I'd like to see Britt pace around the room with pokewalker.

whats said list about?

DrewStern
08-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Um, where to get the pokemon?!

Skeletor1991
08-23-2009, 12:24 PM
OK....somehow I even confused myself :lol:

the1stpkmnfan
08-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to detail if you title the Pokemon as well? Like:

#001: Bulbasaur - Starter Pokemon; Professor Oak (Pallet Town) - FireRed/LeadGreen

But that way might be how I would detail. FYI. :P

Skeletor1991
08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Welll that can be quite a bit of work with that. So much detail with so MANY Pokemon.

DrewStern
08-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Don't worry, my full guide is more detailed.

Mega_Mario
08-23-2009, 01:10 PM
So... what is the guide for? o_O

DrewStern
08-23-2009, 01:11 PM
So... what is the guide for? o_O

To help the gamers for the marathon.

Slowflake
08-23-2009, 01:14 PM
You sure you don't wanna wait for HGSS to, you know, come out?

Anyway, I'm still doing my own chart as planned once that happens. More opinions can't be a bad thing, right? Besides, it doesn't look like they entirely fill the same purpose...

DrewStern
08-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I made a guide with the detailed version, yet I'm lazy to type the rest.

So, if you don't want my advice so be it, ignore it.

the1stpkmnfan
08-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Probably sometime in the Fall, I'll try to arrange my own "Where's that Pokemon?" list. (Like I did for Brineboy's Pokemon Yellow) But I'll see, especially after HG and SS come out, though.

Carnage
08-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Seeing as the list was posted 11 pages ago, and I have no idea if there have been any requests since then, I shall now post the list again.

Articuno - Carnage
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Drapion - Shiron
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Misdreavus - Cheese
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Raikou - DrewStern

--Remember to donate for these names as that will increase the likelihood of it getting chosen.--

Slowflake
08-23-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm not planning to go as far as to list the location of every Pokémon in every game, especially since there's a downside to catching Pokémon at low levels. I will, however, offer in-depth analysis on why certain Pokémon should be caught in certain versions, while still leaving enough flexibility to let the guys change plans easily for those more forgiving Pokémon. After all, it's not like there's much of a difference if Rattata's caught in FRLG, DPP or HGSS.

DrewStern
08-23-2009, 03:04 PM
So can you put me for Raikou then, i will donate for it.

Omega
08-23-2009, 06:06 PM
put me down for milotic since i will be donating

Slowflake
08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
The danger with Milotic, though, is that I'm suspecting they'll keep it for last, so if they fail to meet the deadline, you'll have nothing to show for it.

iHeart_Absol
08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Seeing as the list was posted 11 pages ago, and I have no idea if there have been any requests since then, I shall now post the list again.

Articuno - Carnage
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Drapion - Shiron
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Misdreavus - Cheese
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Raikou - DrewStern

Absol is Absol of course. ;P Or something creative XD

Skeletor1991
08-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I just went out and bought like a $15 Pokemon Pokedex book. It's really amazing how much detail it has in it.

the1stpkmnfan
08-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I think I'll go out sometime and buy a Pokedex. It may not tell me where the Pokemon are in the games, but I'll be just like Ash. _awesome_ (Possibly prize worthy, especially having TSG autograph it for the winner.)

Skeletor1991
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I think I'll go out sometime and buy a Pokedex. It may not tell me where the Pokemon are in the games, but I'll be just like Ash. _awesome_ (Possibly prize worthy, especially having TSG autograph it for the winner.)

Oh I like I like. :D Man I just wish they made an Electrionic Pokedex that actually has full infor on each Pokemon AND could be updated. That would be AMAZING.

Slowflake
08-23-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't gone and done it yet. They could make a mint off such a thing. Right now the next best thing is Serebii on a laptop...

Skeletor1991
08-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Ya true. Well I do know they made those Pokedexs when Poke onfirst come out, but they weren't as good as the real deal. I think it is time they do something like that now. Espcially with how many Pokemon they have out now, and you never know when the 5th Gen. will come out.

NicoCW
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I don't feel like looking through 48 pages.

I would like to chain a shiny Pokemon and EV train it as a prize for the marathon. I just have a few questions.

1) Does that even count as a prize?
2) If the winner doesn't have D/P/P or Wi-Fi, where does it go?

Omega
08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I don't feel like looking through 48 pages.

I would like to chain a shiny Pokemon and EV train it as a prize for the marathon. I just have a few questions.

those are very good questions

Jran Sakarra
08-27-2009, 02:36 AM

Articuno - Carnage
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Drapion - Shiron
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Misdreavus - Cheese
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Raikou - DrewStern

Put down Sakarra for Suicune.
I I plan to donate to increase the chance of this happening.

Masamune
08-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Please put down Masamune for the Gengar. I'm gonna try and donate, if my mum allows it. >_> Begging ahoy...

NicoCW
08-27-2009, 08:04 AM
I will donate to the Pokemon Marathon, even if I have to drive the money over to Texas.

Put me for Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos.

someone70
08-27-2009, 05:35 PM
I'll try to convince my mom to donate. Will she be fine with $9001?
Can I be put down as Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon?

Ashigaru
08-28-2009, 09:37 AM

those are very good questions

Well, I'll be donating some event pokemon as prizes, so I think it would. Coordinate it with Britt.

gama-chan
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm going to have to donate real early to get My Bulba lol

LegendOfCookies
08-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Wait... we can donate event pokemon? o.o

Carnage
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
NEW List update.

Articuno - Carnage
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Drapion - Shiron
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Misdreavus - Cheese
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Raikou - DrewStern
Suicine - Sakarra
Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos - NicoCW
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon - someone70
Entei - Alan
Espeon (possibly Eevee?) - Pikmin
Bagon - lionheart
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - Ruju

@someone70: Are all those 3 evolution stages of Trapinch, or just one?

@Masamune: I am pretty sure TSG is planning something for Gengar.

AlanEdgeHead
08-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Omigosh, I wanna claim Entei.

pikminsquad2148
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
NEW List update.

Articuno - Carnage
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Drapion - Shiron
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Misdreavus - Cheese
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Raikou - DrewStern
Suicine - Sakarra
Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos - NicoCW
Trapinch - someone70

Can I have Espeon? :D
Just put me down as "Pikmin" ;)

Skeletor1991
08-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Yay! I'm bring over 9000 Mudkips XD

gama-chan
08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Guess you can never have too many Mudkipz lol

lionheart91
08-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Has Bagon been taken yet? I'll donate for it if nobody else has taken it yet.

someone70
08-29-2009, 10:48 AM

Yes, Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon are all one evolution stage.

Ruju
08-29-2009, 11:20 AM

Articuno - Carnage
Aipom/Ambipom - pkmnfan
Drapion - Shiron
Croagunk - PekoponTAS
Misdreavus - Cheese
Sentret/Furret - Bobo
Raikou - DrewStern

OMG, we can clam pokemon? _awesome_

Put me down for Shinx, Luxio, & Luxray please^^

Pokemon is my specialty, so hopefully we can get in some good prizes :3

Carnage
08-29-2009, 12:26 PM

A donation will be required first. ONLY if you're going to donate, then you can claim those Pokemon.

Ruju
08-29-2009, 07:45 PM

A donation will be required first. ONLY if you're going to donate, then you can claim those Pokemon.

Well, donating is no problem for me, so that Shinx/Luxio/Luxray combo is as good as mine :twisted:

PokemonCheese
08-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope I can still donate for Misdreavus. I hope my mom will let me.

AlanEdgeHead
08-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Just put Alan on Entei. >__>

someone70
08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, this topic is almost 50 pages long and the marathon is still 4 months away. :shock:

gama-chan
08-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow, this topic is almost 50 pages long and the marathon is still 4 months away. :shock:
I guess that means, it's really anticipated!
And why wouldn't it be?
Almost everyone on this forum loves pokemon! I just wish we didn't have to wait so long for it.

Mastertoku
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
RE: Tourney - topic hasn't been put up yet because my computer is incapacitated (due to a blast of celestial fire accidentally scorching my motherboard during a fierce battle with a Divine Wyrm Dragon). As soon as my gate to the Internets are fixed, I should be able to get things up and a-runnin'.

In other news, next Tree-named professor = Professor Pine??

DrewStern
08-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Prof. Redwood is a good one.

Mastertoku
08-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah, or maybe Professor Cedar.

marioman98
08-31-2009, 04:37 PM
i cant wait woot _ld_ _awesome_ _awesome_ _awesome_

someone70
09-01-2009, 10:19 AM
In other news, next Tree-named professor = Professor Pine??
Or maybe Prof. Palm Tree.

cocowoushi
09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Prof. Cypress. *nods*

NicoCW
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Professor Hemlock or Professor Maple. My predictions.

Sonic62
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
This prof. tree discussion doesn't belong in this topic.

the1stpkmnfan
09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah, 'specially, how'd we start speculating that? :shock:

09-01-2009, 10:38 PM
now back to the topic, anyone excited about seeing Nibu's crickets :O

SonikkuMan
09-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Probably instead of catching Bidoof this year, it'll be Ninboy's Pokemon Ranch and full of Kricketots and Kricketunes (sorry if I mis-spell). Donate at least a dollar if you want your name as one :p

Jran Sakarra
09-02-2009, 04:07 AM
I am not that shocked.
I went to the Pokemon Nationals this year and I do not care what people say Pokemon is dead.
Pokemon can not be dead with that many people, just not the hype anymore.

Carnage
09-02-2009, 04:22 AM
I am not that shocked.
I went to the Pokemon Nationals this year and I do not care what people say Pokemon is dead.
Agreed. And that hype is already back with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Also, to be on topic, I just got my Gengar plushie in the mail! I may order another one for the marathon to donate as a prize, or just donate mine.

Skeletor1991
09-02-2009, 05:29 AM
I am not that shocked.
Agreed. And that hype is already back with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Also, to be on topic, I just got my Gengar plushie in the mail! I may order another one for the marathon to donate as a prize, or just donate mine.

Hmm speaking of which....I don't know what I should give away for that marathon. :|

Masamune
09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I might donate a Mudkip plushie. _triforce_ _mk_

Trombonus
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Looks like there are going to be a lot of plushies given away as prizes. If I can find a job in time, I might see if I can get some DVDs or possibly even a game to donate to the cause. At the very least a VC game.

Not that plushies aren't nice, I love them to death, but variety is the spice of life. :P

Masamune
09-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Not that plushies aren't nice, I love them to death, but variety is the spice of life. :P

Ah, true...

Idea! Pokemanga! _awesome_

iHeart_Absol
09-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Absol plushie...and me win it! >_> Absol would look epic with a Phil hat on >_>

Skeletor1991
09-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Man...I really need to get something good. I don't think I will do a plushie, WAY too many already. Hmmmm....I think I'll do Diamond or Pearl and then something else :D

gama-chan
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm going to see If I can try and separate myself from my treasured Pokeball with a Gold Pikachu card inside. If I can handle separating myself from it I might donate it to TSG. But I highly doubt anyone would want that ha ha