PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Marathon 09'

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DrewStern
05-20-2009, 02:12 PM
What are you predictions?

Jamesdh17
05-20-2009, 02:16 PM
You already made a topic for this? Isn't it a bit early?
But to answer your question if they buy the gold silver remakes from japan then it will go by a lot faster and they could catch them all.

DrewStern
05-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't know last time they had some mistakes...

Its good to think ahead, it could help TSG plan. This topic might give them an idea.

puregamer123
05-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I hope they do get them G/S remakes, but it would be hell to try to follow the japanese language... So then again, no. I hope they do as last time, but more safely (no hacked/fake games) and somehow more organized. Though they were EXTREMLY organized last time.

No, I cant think of anything they can do better... Possibly get more TV connections so we dont have to see one of them on the lego-cam XD

Haruka
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
The earliness does feel pretty funny, and pretty much in a negative way. The only thing I can do is wait and see.

Mega_Mario
05-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Hm... As early as this is, it should bring a good discussion.

There is only one thing I hope for: they take the Screen Burn In reduction off for MPR. Last time, I missed all of XD, I think. Hopefully next time I catch most of it.

DrewStern
05-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I was trying to get this in before its official, and the rush of topics.

Anyway, 72 hours is not long enough, neither is pirated rubies or forgetting how to get ho-oh.

puregamer123
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Seeing most of the marathon isn't really what I care for... I can't sit too long and watch a gaming marathon:P

[off topic]But I really want to see them every now and then during the marathon and check on the progress... Possibly watching when they defeat/catch special things. Also I like to keep an eye on the donations, as this is the main purpose of TSG. I cannot say how much I love TSG for their genious way of combining gaming with donations to charity. TSG, you are AWESOME.[/off topic]

But yes... A bit early, but early discussions are usefull for good planning, so idk XD

buckeyefan25
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
i hope they do it for a week like the FF marathon

puregamer123
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
A week would be way too much... It should be possible to do it during those 72hrs... Just if they spend less time grinding in the grass and get it perfectly (or nearly) organized.

killerwombat
05-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Um... you really should have waited til an official thread was made. And it is over half a year away. Urgh... I would like to see if the remakes of GS are in time for the marathon.

whitemage730
05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
This is early, but it's still something great to talk about!
The only improvement I could think of would be to not buy their copy's online :lol:

Haruka
05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
The probable possibility of capturing Ho-oH and / or Lugia straight in HG/SS would be one of the most helpful feature when thought about the marathon. No need for long runs in XD or Colosseum.

the1stpkmnfan
05-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't really want to watch a whole week Pokemarathon. It'f it's a week, it'll be done way before it's over. Three days is fine, even when we do use HGSS. It'll help a lot, and all 492 will be ours.

Slowflake
05-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Even so, as I said in the HGSS thread, playing Colosseum and XD on top of the main games would be helpful in a few aspects. No need to level the 600ers to 45-55, two extra Master Balls, non-running legendary dogs, and just overall having more games being run simultaneously are a few benefits. Of course they won't need to do that Ho-Oh thing again (though if they had to, no doubt they'd get it right the first time!). Plus it'd silence the folks who actually like these for some reason. :D

But even so, I don't think three days would be quite enough even with 12 games. A whole week? Not good either. Three days' the perfect length, even though I could see 20-ish species missing.

dryuriev7777
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I would die if there was a week long Poke-Marathon. At least with Final Fantasy there are some variety between the games, even though I know everyone will be completely exhausted and tired of FF by the end. Watching Pokemon would be like taking an hour long clip of Diamond and playing it over and over again for a week. After a couple days people would stop caring.

Haruka
05-20-2009, 04:09 PM
As seen of the popular opinion, the three days are a great duration. Why take on the Pokemon for one week, when the goal can be performed in that three days. It would've been done in December too, but as all of us know, the technology failed.

If something can be done in the best time / way then possible, it should be done like that, as TSG already does. :)

Slowflake
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh, and let's not forget twelve straight hours of Feebas fishing! This is something that should be done off-camera, of course. If it's even attempted... AFAIK it wasn't last time.

windows98
05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
they could make it a 24 hour marathon if they hired me to play.

AlanEdgeHead
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I think the three days is good, but if somehow they haven't caught 'em all yet, they should continue the Marathon until they do.

the1stpkmnfan
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh, and let's not forget twelve straight hours of Feebas fishing! This is something that should be done off-camera, of course. If it's even attempted... AFAIK it wasn't last time.

Ugh...worst Pokemon to catch in the wild. I hope they could do something like that, OR I can just donate it to TSG instead. So, I'd have to sacrifice the only Feebass I have right now. I guess we'll see.

5t0k35
05-20-2009, 07:18 PM
pkmn, too many s's on feebas :P
Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. I missed the first one.

the1stpkmnfan
05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Lol yeah, I get that mistake all the time. XP If you missed the first one, youll definitley love the next one. Trust me, I was there. :o

Doseianasan
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I can't wait for this pokemon marathon. I liked the first one alot (I laughed when a mob of Bidoofs were attacking a Kyogre in MPR). I wonder how certain event pokemon willl be caught like Deoxys, Darkrai and Shaymin.

the1stpkmnfan
05-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Deoxys- US Gamestop Pokemon DP Event: June 20-21, 2008 and June 27-28, 2008.
Darkrai- Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia or Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai event at Toys R US (May 31, 2008-June 1, 2008)
Shaymin- Phil or erik got one during the US Shaymin Event at Toys R Us. (February 8-14, 2009)

I hope that clears it up. ;)

WiiFanBoy
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
i think they need to wait for soul silver so they can get arceus

windows98
05-20-2009, 07:44 PM
arceus is in soul silver?

Doseianasan
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Deoxys- US Gamestop Pokemon DP Event: June 20-21, 2008 and June 27-28, 2008.
Darkrai- Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia or Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai event at Toys R US (May 31, 2008-June 1, 2008)
Shaymin- Phil or erik got one during the US Shaymin Event at Toys R Us. (February 8-14, 2009)

I hope that clears it up. ;)
Okay! Thanks!

i think they need to wait for soul silver so they can get arceus
Arceus hasn't been confirmed to be in heart gold and soul silver yet.

bobo_dude16
05-20-2009, 07:57 PM
If they need a Jirachi I am their guy! ;)

But this time I have high expectations and hope the same mistake isnt made twice.

*cough ruby cough*

EDIT: LOL I spelt jirachi Jirch :lol:

the1stpkmnfan
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Lol Bobo, good thing you did that before I noticed. :P Or you know who...

but anyways, yeah, if they need a Feebas without the harassment of fishing for one periodically, I'm their guy. ;)

windows98
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
if you do end up giving them a feebas, breed another one first. no point giving away you're only one when its so easy to breed them.

KingBroly
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe an extra 12 or 24 hours wouldn't be so bad for a Pokemon Marathon. That way you could get an extra set of Pokemon donated from each GBA game to the DS versions and there won't be that much of a strain or rush to get them all.

the1stpkmnfan
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
I will more than likely do that, windows. Im working well with the Feebas I have right now, to evolve it that this. I'll more than likely breed one, since this was SO lucky of me to get at first.

But that is I only wonder who I can give it to from TSG.

Slowflake
05-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I thought no external trades was one of the rules, which means they'll have to catch their own. And then there's the matter of evolving it, which is best done in DPP due to berry availability (as opposed to catching, where RSE is much better).

erik
05-21-2009, 02:07 PM
yeah if external trades were allowed we could probably finish in a day because I have every legendary except deoxys and jirachi on my pearl cartridge, along with every other pokemon

feebas took me an hour to catch, and took bud only 30 minutes, who was in charge of it during the marathon?

Slowflake
05-21-2009, 03:52 PM
AFAIK no one even attempted to catch one, it's simply too tedious, and besides, it became obvious after a while that getting everything would be impossible, so the players (rightly) focused on stuff that was doable. Besides, it's not just finding a Feebas that's annoying, evolving it is as well.

Sonic62
05-21-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm positive that the 2nd marathon will go very smoothly. Live and learn. :)

the1stpkmnfan
05-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Im positive that this 2nd time wont go wrong, like Soinc says "Live and Learn". Pokemon Ruby crashing was only an accident. Im sure it wont happen again.

Haruka
05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
True. The technology failure were quite one of the most effecting factors on the "fail." I'm sure this marathon will be succeeded great, plus the probable possibilities of HG/SS.

Slowflake
05-22-2009, 07:35 AM
And let's not forget Platinum and Emerald. As I said somewhere else, if they manage to get their hands on 12 players (if they're willing to go outside of the core TSG crew it can be done), there's a real chance of pulling this off.

ditto493
05-22-2009, 11:32 AM
When I was trying to catch Feebass on my Ruby it only took me about 30 min, But I still havn't been able to evolve it so I caught a male and a female so I could breed them until I successfully evolve it.

What they should do is just go to the store and buy a brand new copy of each game they're going to use, That way thet don't have to worry about hacks or batteries.

If I could I would come down and help with the Pokemon Marathon, but I doubt my parents would let me.

Anyways, I'm sure that this year will be alot better than last year, Good luck and have an EPIC SUCCESS!!!

MSico
05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Ditto... when was the last time you saw a brand new, unplayed copy of Pokemon Sapphire?

5t0k35
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
When I was trying to catch Feebass on my Ruby it only took me about 30 min.
Whenever someone misspells Feebas like that, the last half just seems to stick out to me :lol:

Aeronautical
05-24-2009, 03:42 AM
They need me on speaker phone hollering the names of Pokemon they need to get XD

AlanEdgeHead
05-26-2009, 02:25 AM
Feebas is lame finding. That's why when you find it, catch as many as possible, because even remembering the space won't let you keep getting them. The trendy saying will change on it's own eventually.

But I have faith in the guys for this attempt.

Slowflake
05-26-2009, 07:33 AM
If this weren't a speed run, I'd say catch one, then breed more if the one you caught turns out to have a -SA nature. But you need to be quick here, so catching three or four should make you safe.

And for the uninitiated, the reason why you want to avoid a -SA nature is because they're nearly impossible to evolve due to them hating dry Pokéblocks/Poffin. Not completely impossible, but almost. On the other hand, getting a +SA nature has the opposite effect, and it's a lot easier to evolve.

Still, why did they make Feebas even harder to find in DPP? They doubled the amount of tiles available, but REDUCED the number of Feebas tiles from 6 to 4.

DrewStern
06-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry to Necropost, but I have an Idea since it is a Pokemon marathjon, maybe you could extend the duratrion and play the classics and the spin offs along with your 493 (if HG&SS don't have anything new) Caught Pokemon Goal.

Slowflake
06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
One obvious problem: what's the point of playing RBY and GSC if their remakes are already covered?

Also, with a September 12 release date, this all but guarantees HGSS will be played. I hope you guys got players who can understand moonspeak. Official word for now is that Colosseum and XD are NOT coming back, though. This will complicate things a bit...

the1stpkmnfan
06-30-2009, 03:28 PM
So we're seeing the games that are going to be played are:

Ruby
Sapphire
FireRed
LeafGreen
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold
SoulSilver

And games that wont be played are:
Emerald
Colosseum
XD

Platinum will help out a lot, so I don't see why they won't play Platinum.

zach2m1
06-30-2009, 03:32 PM
*zach2m1 thinks this is a bit early for this topic to be made ._.;*
But anyways there is not much to discuss. They already have everything planned out from the previous marathon. The reason they weren't fully successful was because the Ruby cart had a dead battery in it. It is actually going to be easier for them due to the fact that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are coming out so catching the 2nd season worth of Pokemon will be a lot easier for TSG. Other than that there isn't really much to discuss though.

Kylethedarkn
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
All I know is I'm making a Pokemon promotional video with the Pokemon dance mix from 2.B.A. Master.

the1stpkmnfan
06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
*zach2m1 thinks this is a bit early for this topic to be made ._.;*
I thought the same thing when this thread was first made, which was probably weeks ago.

Yeah, not a lot to discuss right now. But all there is, is just the games they might be playing again, and which ones arent going to be played.

Im keeping my promoting, for this marathon, a secret. If I tell what Im gonna do, then someone else might go do it first. Then Im gonna be so mad. :evil:

zach2m1
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah, not a lot to discuss. But all there is right now are just the games they might be playing again, and which ones arent going to be played once more.

Well think bout it 1stpkmnfan. Before you came people from TSG were putting up exact directions and descriptions of where to pick up Pokemon. Sonic62 helped out with this the most creating an amazing list. But it doesn't really matter of what games they are playing as long as they catch all 491 Pokemon.

From my knowledge and memory I think they will be playing these games. Feel free to correct me.

Fire Red
Leaf Green
Ruby
Sapphire
Diamond
Pearl
Platinum (Giratina Orgin form)
Heat Gold/ Soul Silver (doesn't really matter w/e games they can get a hold of are great)

Now I am not sure if they will be playing Colosseum to get Celebi maybe I am not really sure.

Those are the games that came to my mind from re-calling the Pokemon marathon last year. But it doesn't really matter if they beat the games as long as they catch 'em' all.

the1stpkmnfan
06-30-2009, 04:58 PM
True, but completing some of the games (or just known to beat the Elite 4) are required so they are able to catch Pokemon that only appear after you be the elite four. Like Mewtwo, or whatever.

And btw, I think that's the same list I listed a few post earlier. :P 'Cause Im guessing those will be the games played overall.

But hey, that's pretty interesting others told about where to get Pokemon.

And speaking of the exlusive legendaries: yeah, we know erik (I think) is handling Deoxys and Shaymin. Celebi, I guess for Ja. Colo. So overall, all the exclusive legendaries are handled. Though, Im sure Britt will be happy to take my Jirachi.

Slowflake
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM
No Emerald? Now that comes as a shock. It's not absolutely required, but neither is Platinum, and it's most definitely going to be played.

the1stpkmnfan
06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
The reason why Platinum would be played is because it's got more Pokemon added everywhere in Wild areas. And since you're able to meet 210 Pokemon, before getting the National Dex, that's almost half of the total Pokemon caught already. And also, Giratina is catchable in Platunum quicker than Diamond and Pearl.

With HGSS, we'll easily catch all the Johto Pokemon. Same with Hoenn Pokemon, for R/S & Kanto Pokemon with Fr/Lg. You know, I think they got everything locked up. :P

I dont see why they got to play Emerald, and to be honest, I was shocked too when I was there for the first Pokethon. I guess it's just like playing Ruby and Sapphire all over again. :/

Slowflake
06-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Then again, if last year was any indication, any help getting Rayquaza out of the way would be a good thing. An Emerald player would even be able to catch Rayquaza with the Master Ball, as Lati@s would already be covered by Ruby and Sapphire. Why does it make a difference? Well, Rayquaza's level 70 in all three versions, but in Emerald it's catchable right after quelling Kyogre and Groudon. Therefore making it a lot easier to do whatever you want afterwards.

Besides, the Hoenn Dex is almost as big as the expanded Sinnoh Dex, and contains more Pokémon that come from that particular generation.

Hoenn Dex: 135 new, 77 old (66.8%)
Regular Sinnoh Dex: 81 new, 70 old (53.6%)
Expanded Sinnoh Dex: 100 new, 110 old (47.6%)

TMax13
06-30-2009, 05:54 PM
I am looking forward to the marathon.I will probably have ss after the marathon. But this is this third tsg marathon that I have seen. Besides I hope tsg will do very well. Good luck tsg! :)

zach2m1
06-30-2009, 06:27 PM
But hey, that's pretty interesting others told about where to get Pokemon.

Yea we had a huge entire topic. With the limited time and everything. TSG wanted to know how to catch all the Pokemon quickly. But like I said with the list, the only reason they played Colosseum was to get Celebi. But I think there might be and easier way of getting that pokemon due to Heart Gold and Soul Silver coming out.

Skeletor1991
06-30-2009, 06:29 PM
I know Britt said something about needing to get his hands on another copy of Ruby....I'd be more than happy to donate a copy to him :)

Slowflake
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Colosseum for Celebi? I thought that was for Ho-Oh... truth be told, I'm no expert on event Pokémon.

Neither did I remember that you couldn't go into Mt. Battle with a GBA team if you wanted Ho-Oh. Srsly, what was the point of THAT? >_>

Kilgard
06-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Colosseum for Celebi? I thought that was for Ho-Oh... truth be told, I'm no expert on event Pokémon.

Neither did I remember that you couldn't go into Mt. Battle with a GBA team if you wanted Ho-Oh. Srsly, what was the point of THAT? >_>

The japanese Cplosseum bonus disk lets you get Celebi if I remember correctly, I'm not the biggest pokemon fan in the world so I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Aeronautical
06-30-2009, 08:25 PM

The japanese Cplosseum bonus disk lets you get Celebi if I remember correctly, I'm not the biggest pokemon fan in the world so I'm not 100% sure on that one.
No, I think that's right. And then XD nets you Jiranchi, correct?

Kilgard
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I think Jirachi, came from the English version of P:C and it's bonus disc... once again i'm not 100% sure because i don't have either bonus disc

the1stpkmnfan
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
It's the Colosseum Bonus disc that gets you Jirachi I believe. XD just gives you the trio birds and Shadow Lugia. :P

Sonic62
06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Sonic62 helped out with this the most creating an amazing list.
As much as I'd like to take credit for that, it was KumquatCherry who made the list. I was thinking about it before then. :D

Fullsilverwolf
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I think this time it will be able to go faster with Soul Silver and Heart gold's release. It might be a success this time! :D

the1stpkmnfan
07-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Bet on it. ;)

And btw, Im not making any 100% promises, but I just asked my friends in Japan if they can get us an Arceus so we can catch 493 Pokemon, instead of 492. Though, this isn't confirmed yet, so Ill have to check on them.

Sonic62
07-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Bet on it. ;)

And btw, Im not making any 100% promises, but I just asked my friends in Japan if they can get us an Arceus so we can catch 493 Pokemon, instead of 492. Though, this isn't confirmed yet, so Ill have to check on them.
Remember that they all have to be in the house. So unless your friend is giving the cartridge away...

Azuken
07-04-2009, 03:20 AM
How are they going to get mew....

Gwellin
07-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Just like last time, by placing 1,000 Bidoofs in to My Pokémon Ranch.

Kylethedarkn
07-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Just do the yellow version way XD.

Sonic62
07-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Is Chase interested in Bidoof?

AlanEdgeHead
07-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Silly Sonic. Chase IS Bidoof. :D

Slowflake
07-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Dialga is riding on Bidoof!

Pure epic win right there.

So anyway, I mentioned both Feebas and why Emerald should be played earlier in this thread, and I realized both should technically be linked together. It's rather obvious any attempt at catching it should NOT be done in DPP, so that leaves RSE. Now, if only two of them are actually played, and Feebas ends up taking some time to find, it's going to make it very difficult to nab all the Hoenn Pokémon in time. Not to mention, as I've already said, that the third generation is very populous to begin with.

zach2m1
07-05-2009, 09:39 AM
So...many...Bidoofs and Starlys it was ridiculous seriously. Seeing all those Bidoofs and Starlys I will never be the same again. Like every square inch of the ranch was FILLED with them. And yes you would see some pretty epic things like Rust riding a Bidoof >_>

Sonic62
07-06-2009, 02:40 AM
So...many...Bidoofs and Starlys it was ridiculous seriously. Seeing all those Bidoofs and Starlys I will never be the same again. Like every square inch of the ranch was FILLED with them. And yes you would see some pretty epic things like Rust riding a Bidoof >_>
That's what my Ranch looks like right now! :?

iHeart_Absol
07-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Your ranches sound EPIC _awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Ok guys, I talked to my friends in Japan again, and it seems we're getting a bit close to getting Arceus from the movie. So I can say the chances are 25%, right now. If this is going to work, then won't TSG be happy? _awesome_

But if this does work or not, I still thank my friends for helping. They're working very hard to make this possible for us. And yeah, these friends of mine are from the hotel I stayed at, and which they work at. :P

LegendOfCookies
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
oh wow that sounds awesome pkmnfan and awesome you made friends with people who worked at the hotel you stayed at _awesome_

Richord
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Predictions?
Ruby won't fail horridly this time.
As long as this happens, I'm happy.

dryuriev7777
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Rust riding a Bidoof named Kmmgreen5
Fixed

Watching hours upon hours of My Pokemon Ranch during that marathon was mesmerizingly creepy. Can't wait to do it again in 5 months. (we are doing it during the winter holidays right...?)

championj
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
From what they said, the Pokemon marathon will be in the winter like last time. I just hope they can catch them all this time.

the1stpkmnfan
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh, they will champion. Nothing to worry about, as long as everything goes smoothly.

Sonic62
07-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Fixed

Watching hours upon hours of My Pokemon Ranch during that marathon was mesmerizingly creepy. Can't wait to do it again in 5 months. (we are doing it during the winter holidays right...?)
The way I understand it, is that it's an annual marathon around Christmas time.

Rust
07-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Fixed

Wrong wrong wrong.

Kmm was the Bidoof and I was the Starly he was riding. :x

I even drew my avatar portraying the horrible act _awesome_

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3528/bidoofstarava.png

Richord
07-09-2009, 10:55 AM
That avatar is amazing, Rust >.>

Slowflake
07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Epic win.

Now draw the Dialga riding the Bidoof! :lol:

But yeah, this looks to be an annual, or at least recurring, marathon. They did say they intended to do it the weekend before Christmas once again.

the1stpkmnfan
07-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I remember that avatar Rust. Aah, such good memories. :D

LegendOfCookies
07-09-2009, 12:57 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3528/bidoofstarava.png

Wow thats awesome O_O

dryuriev7777
07-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Kmm was the Bidoof and I was the Starly he was riding. :x

I even drew my avatar portraying the horribly sexy act _awesome_
Oh yeeaaaahhh I forgot all about that avatar.

Well at least I can look forward to more kmmdoof-on-rustarly action this winter. _awesome_

kmmgreen5
07-09-2009, 05:20 PM
_awesome_

Sub-Laguz
07-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Predictions?
Ruby won't fail horridly this time.
As long as this happens, I'm happy.

But... that was the best part. :)
I don't think the Pokémon marathon would be the same without another fake cartridge.

Tomas703
07-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Even though it may be a bit early, I expect something bad to happen as the same thing happened to Pokemon Ruby. Hope it doesn't and they should easily get them all if they decide to import HG/SS. From all the experience they have, this one should go better than last time.

Mario87
07-19-2009, 11:45 AM
i just wish i could play Diamond or PLatinum for them :D . i have a copy of Diamond and Pearl they can have for this and they can keep one for the give away where they put all pokemon on 1 cartridge and give it away _awesome_

Skeletor1991
07-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I wonder how many players they will have going this year. Anyone remeber how many it was last year?

the1stpkmnfan
07-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Im thinking there were a lot. Kind of recall about 7 or 8 people, maybe about 10. :P

But with XD and Colo out of the list, that might mean less players.

Skeletor1991
07-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Im thinking there were a lot. Kind of recall about 7 or 8 people, maybe about 10. :P

But with XD and Colo out of the list, that might mean less players.

Or....new recuits :)

the1stpkmnfan
07-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey, you never know. ;) Maybe.

Skeletor1991
07-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey, you never know. ;) Maybe.

I could definatly see you there playing. :)

the1stpkmnfan
07-19-2009, 01:52 PM
That's quite a possible foreshadow, but we'll have to see. :) Im already helping with Arceus, but if they need a hand at anything, they know where to come get me.

Skeletor1991
07-19-2009, 01:55 PM
That's quite a possible foreshadow, but we'll have to see. :) Im already helping with Arceus, but if they need a hand at anything, they know where to come get me.

Ya...an hour down the road :lol: Britt's house isn't far at all *Not giving away any information*

Slowflake
07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Ruby and Sapphire are gimmes, so is FRLG, so is DPP, so that's a minimum of seven. Other possible, but not certain games are Emerald, HGSS, Colosseum and XD, which is five others. So it's going to be between 7 and 12, but of course the more the better.

Skeletor1991
07-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Well I know they said they were going to go for EVERY Pokemon this time if heard right. I think the more games you have going the better.

the1stpkmnfan
07-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Ruby Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HearGold, SoulSilver and Ranch. All the games I would believe will be in this marathon. And that'd be 9 players total, and yes the more the marrier.

Emerald, Colosseum and XD are totall knock-outs. Ranger 1-2 seem possible just for some Legendaries (Manaphy/Darkrai), but that'd be it. Though, I dont see why we can't have a bonus game like Pokemon Snap or Hey You, Pikachu for fun. I'd love to watch the fail of Pikahcu not hearing you. xD

Slowflake
07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
For Ranger 2, you'd have to have a copy with the event missions downloaded, but not done, and those aren't easy to find, for obvious reasons.

And I still find odd that Emerald won't be played, but Platinum will. You seem confident that that setup can work for getting them all, though, so I won't question you.

darthvaderyoda
07-19-2009, 08:01 PM
well what did they do the last pokemon marathon?

Slowflake
07-19-2009, 08:06 PM
They did Ruby, Sapphire, FRLG, Diamond, Pearl, Colosseum, XD and Ranch.

Skeletor1991
07-19-2009, 08:06 PM
So they will be playing Gold and Silver in Japanese?

the1stpkmnfan
07-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes they will. Once the games come out in Japan, I believe we'll be importing them and they'll arrive way before the marathon. :)

You know, I dont see why we cant play Emerald. Just in case.

KingBroly
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Pokemon's not really a game you need to know Japanese to play. Sure, a guide might be necessary, but you can definitely make it through. I made it through Pocket Monsters Gold with a guide many, many years ago. Then I turned around a year later and bought both Pokemon Gold and Silver

Slowflake
07-20-2009, 05:31 AM
That and if you follow Serebii during the release timeframe, you're going to be aware of all the changes. Still, in essence, it's a 10-year old game being remade, so everyone already has an idea what to do.

Skeletor1991
07-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Its been years since I have played it, but if I sit down I could probably get it pretty easily.

njmonkey2987
07-20-2009, 12:43 PM
They just said they wanted o catch them all, I wonder if they really mean that?

Fullsilverwolf
07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
They just said they wanted o catch them all, I wonder if they really mean that?
They're serious. In Pokemon Marathon '08. They attempted it, but sadly they didn't cathc them all. ): So they are going to try again this year, with HG SS 's release, "cathing them all" should be easy.

gama-chan
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
well now they actually can catch them all! last pokemon marathon, they could only go so far legitly without cheating. This time around they actually can have access to the legendary pokemon they could not get last time like Arceus and I think Shaymin. Let's just hope the whole 100 floor in colloseum doesn't happen again ha ha.

Fullsilverwolf
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh yeah that was hilarious. (But Sad)
The Speed Gamers will know better now :lol:

Slowflake
07-20-2009, 03:42 PM
If for some reason they play Colosseum again, they won't even need to get Ho-Oh, Heart Gold will take care of that.

But I've mentioned this before, I think the big challenge this time will be Feebas/Milotic. And maybe Rayquaza again as well if whoever is supposed to catch it doesn't practice climbing the Sky Pillar a LOT.

Jran Sakarra
07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Well good news is there is a LEGIT Arceus now.
I have a copy on my JPN PLT.
They can now catch all of them.

the1stpkmnfan
07-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Actually Jran, so do I. I've pretty much planned for Arceus back in late June. But if anything goes wrong with mine, I guess they can go for you.

Rayquaza shouldn't be a problem. Last time, they caught it without a problem. It was just the second time that took awhile. And it was just for a nickname. Because of a donation.

Slowflake
07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
But I swear I remember seeing the Ruby player spend HOURS trying to climb the forsaken tower... and then it just wouldn't stay alive, no thanks to Outrage confusion. And then it was only because it was taking so long that Chehansen was involved in a bidding war. Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, though...

Skeletor1991
07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Actually Jran, so do I. I've pretty much planned for Arceus back in late June. But if anything goes wrong with mine, I guess they can go for you.

Rayquaza shouldn't be a problem. Last time, they caught it without a problem. It was just the second time that took awhile. And it was just for a nickname. Because of a donation.

Well if they really need one, I can send a copy of Sapphire to them with it on it. Kyoger as well.

the1stpkmnfan
07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
That'd be nice Skeletor, but how would that be compared to watching them do the battles? Though, the chat might get spammy. :? I guess well see.

gama-chan
07-20-2009, 06:29 PM
oh yeah I forget that they can name some after the people that donate, I want a dratini named after me!

Skeletor1991
07-20-2009, 06:31 PM
That'd be nice Skeletor, but how would that be compared to watching them do the battles? Though, the chat might get spammy. :? I guess well see.

Well...that battle took me about 2 hour! Trying to time my caughts with his resting. But hey, I would be more than glad to :D

Fullsilverwolf
07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
oh yeah I forget that they can name some after the people that donate, I want a dratini named after me!
Really? :O Then I'd like to be named after an Oddish :lol:

colinx187x
07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
YEs another pokemon marathon they gotta get brea on again and get him to draw

Dynamitekyle
07-21-2009, 11:23 PM
I think it will be AWESOME.

wee187
07-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, that would be cool, heh. :D As long as people respect Mudkip being an awesome pokemon, and don't overrate him by doing the crappy Mudkipz thing in the chat, I'm happy as a bread loaf.

Of course, that won't happen. xDx

Skeletor1991
07-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Mudkip can become a MASSIVE tank if you work with him just right. Let him just keep growing and he will turn into a monster :D

Jran Sakarra
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
If they needed it I could send them the Arceus to them on the copy of my 2nd Diamond.
Also I would so love to have a EEVEE named after me. :3

Skeletor1991
07-22-2009, 09:59 PM
I think I am going to give Britt my copy of Sapphire so he can have Rayquaza and a few other pokemon. :D

wee187
07-22-2009, 10:05 PM
I thought only Emerald had Rayquaza?

Wow, I learn new things about Pokemon every day, heh. :D

Skeletor1991
07-22-2009, 10:06 PM

If you look for him, you can find him VERY easily :D

wee187
07-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Well I spent very little time playing Sapphire, because I switched to Emerald almost instantly after I beat the main S. story.

Jran Sakarra
07-24-2009, 08:33 AM

That was the only one that put it in the story.
BEfore that you just had to go by the NPC telling you and guessing.

Skeletor1991
07-24-2009, 06:04 PM

That was the only one that put it in the story.
BEfore that you just had to go by the NPC telling you and guessing.

They have done that with just about every generation so far.
They just did that with Platinum. They usually have a main Legendary Pokemon on each sepreate game. Then there is one legendary that can be found in both, just have to look for them.

Slowflake
07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
To be fair, Emerald has a little extra when it comes to Rayquaza: you can catch it right after the scene with Kyogre and Groudon! That means you can bring it to the last gym and the E4... and on top of that, it still comes at level 70! The obvious drawback, though, is trying to capture a high-level uber with a stat distribution that makes it difficult to do so (high attack, low defense Pokémon are harder to capture than the reverse because they can sweep you more easily while attempting to catch it). And it has Rest to force you to weaken it all over again. But if you can get it, more power to you.

Skeletor1991
07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
To be fair, Emerald has a little extra when it comes to Rayquaza: you can catch it right after the scene with Kyogre and Groudon! That means you can bring it to the last gym and the E4... and on top of that, it still comes at level 70! The obvious drawback, though, is trying to capture a high-level uber with a stat distribution that makes it difficult to do so (high attack, low defense Pokémon are harder to capture than the reverse because they can sweep you more easily while attempting to catch it). And it has Rest to force you to weaken it all over again. But if you can get it, more power to you.

See I went and got him on Sapphire and that took me 2 hours with Ultras. Like I put earlier, I was actually using the Rest to anvantage. That way I could raise my caught rate.

Slowflake
07-24-2009, 06:54 PM
If you were able to send it into the red in one turn, I guess that could work. Personally I prefer using sleepers for that kind of thing.

Skeletor1991
07-24-2009, 06:57 PM
If you were able to send it into the red in one turn, I guess that could work. Personally I prefer using sleepers for that kind of thing.

My Swamper or how ever you spell it XD was hitting him in red each turn. That's when I would start throwing Ultras. I though it wasn't going to work. Then I started getting shakes so I stayed till the end. :D

LegendOfCookies
07-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm gonna miss this marathon D= is anybody gonna try to record some of it? also when i get back can somebody tell me about the marathon?

Bakanekokao
07-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I can't wait to see this marathon, if thespeedgamers need anything like games or what not I have:
yellow, blue, red, gold, silver, crystal, sapphire, and diamond. I'd be more than willing to send some game stuff when I make the plushies I'm gonna send in! :D

Slowflake
07-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Out of these, only Sapphire and Diamond will be played, and you can bank on them having the games already. The one question is, will the GBA carts go the distance this time?

Dotcom
07-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I think they will Catch all the poke'mon this time as long as game doesn't mess up

the1stpkmnfan
07-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Remember Baka, only the GBA to DS games will be played in this marathon. Since GB games can't transfer over to the GBAs. Sad, I know. But I believe they will have all the cartridges in no time, but it cant hurt to ask if they need one.

Gah! I cant believe this marathon is a few months away. It'll be great to have the same kind of marathon when I first arrived. And, it'll be the 1 year anniversary of most of us who walked into these great forums. :)

Darklight18818
07-25-2009, 01:45 PM
ya but couldnt they get a GBA or GBA SP to play those games

the1stpkmnfan
07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
They do use the GBA SP to play RS and FrLg. From which I recall seeing during the house tour. But when one is ready to be seen on the stream, they just move it to the Gamecube and Gameboy Player so they can capture it.

Though Im not sure if there will be more than 1 game appearing on the screen this time. I remember that the feed went down partically because of that.

PKMN4Ever
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Sounds good to me :D

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Man I wish I could be one of the players. Just sitting there, trying to catch everyone Pokemon in my sights. SOUNDS AWESOME :D

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I know what you mean, Pokemon is just one of the most amazing games I love playing. Catching them all is quite fun, but for a 3 day length such as this, you gotta be quick with it. :P

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Well at the same time, you got to think, you're not alone. You have a whole bunch of other people around you catching Pokemon. And alot of them are on multiple games.

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 10:06 PM
That is true. And yeah, a lot of games played at the same time make "catching them all" a good streak.

I believe they had an organized list to determine which gamer has to catch certain Pokemon. Since there are quite a few that don't appear to be catchable in the opposite game. (Like Sudowoodo in Diamond and Mr. Mime in Pearl).

There's just this feeling I have that we'll catch all the Pokemon this year. Plus, I can't wait for Britt to demonstration on how you get the thingy changed out of your Gold/Silver. Like Gwellin told us.

gama-chan
07-26-2009, 10:09 PM
lol I imagine it would be hard to "catch 'em all" all by your lonesome *thinks back on the days when no one at school played pokemon(sniffle)* I guess that's why they changed the slogan and got rid of "gotta catch 'em all" but attempting to actually catch as many as you could was fun as a kid. The closest I got was my gold 248 pokemon.

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Sometimes I feel like "Gotta Catch 'em All" is invaild these days. But after watching TSG's Pokemon Marathon, it totally brought those days back. Now yall know why Im hyped for seeing this marathon again. ^^

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
See, I feel like it is more of "Gotta Tank em' All" now adays. I just get like 6 main ones and level them like crazy :lol:

gama-chan
07-26-2009, 10:16 PM
"tank 'em all" lol effective! that's what I try to do but end up getting lazy if only Ash would take a lesson from you lol

pkGamerB
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Sometimes I feel like "Gotta Catch 'em All" is invaild these days. But after watching TSG's Pokemon Marathon, it totally brought those days back. Now yall know why Im hyped for seeing this marathon again. ^^
Yeah, all the event pokemon kind of ruins the "Gotta Catch Em All" possibility for some people (though wi-fi trades have helped a bit). But I agree, watching the guys try to catch all the pokemon definitely brought back memories of playing the original games and trading with friends.

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
"tank 'em all" lol effective! that's what I try to do but end up getting lazy if only Ash would take a lesson from you lol

Indeed, he has alot to learn from the master. :lol: And what I have never understood is that back in the old show when "Gotta catch em' all" was still big, he only caught like 12 Pokemon. what the heck!?

skynetmain
07-26-2009, 10:21 PM
lol I imagine it would be hard to "catch 'em all" all by your lonesome *thinks back on the days when no one at school played pokemon(sniffle)* I guess that's why they changed the slogan and got rid of "gotta catch 'em all" but attempting to actually catch as many as you could was fun as a kid. The closest I got was my gold 248 pokemon.
Actually, it is quite easy to catch 'em all on your own in the current generation. Since no one else played Pokemon among my friends, I had to get them all on my own. I am taking my time about it since I am not in a rush. Except for Jirachi and Serebii, I knew how I was going to get every Pokemon released to date. I got to see those from a friend online and Arceus from a frat brother from another chapter. Since I screwed up my Ruby game, all I need to complete my dex is Latias (and getting off my duff and actually raising what I need). It is very hard work and takes time, but catching 'em all solo is doable.

pkGamerB
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM

Indeed, he has alot to learn from the master. :lol: And what I have never understood is that back in the old show when "Gotta catch em' all" was still big, he only caught like 12 Pokemon. what the heck!?Not mention the fact that he gave away/ let go several of them. :lol: His Battle Frontier team was decent, though.

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Indeed, he has alot to learn from the master. :lol: And what I have never understood is that back in the old show when "Gotta catch em' all" was still big, he only caught like 12 Pokemon. what the heck!?Not mention the fact that he gave away/ let go several of them. :lol: His Battle Frontier team was decent, though.

Well I gues. But his Diamond/ Pearl team is AWUFUL!!! :lol:

gama-chan
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm just angry at him for not effectively spreading his team. I respect that he doesn't evolve cutie Pikachu, but a Snover? Really?

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
He doesn'tt evole is Chimchar either. I mean COME ON! :D

gama-chan
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
he hasn't evolved chimchar yet?
how far is he planning on keeping it a chimchar?
I'm still angry at him for letting go of Primeape, where is primape anyway?

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
he hasn't evolved chimchar yet?
how far is he planning on keeping it a chimchar?
I'm still angry at him for letting go of Primeape, where is primape anyway?

Probably got shot and killed or something. I don't know. :lol:

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Primeape is with that one guy named Anthony (I think), and just went on to train him. This is similar to a future episode of the series, but I wont get into that. It'll be aired in the US pretty soon anyway.

Yeah, I dont like it when anyone has to release Pokemon. That ain't fun. ;_;

CactusChef
07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Hopefully, I can find time to watch this. This may be in the middle of when I'm studying for Finals. And I hope they really do "Catch 'em all" this time around. *shakes fist at last year's Ruby cartridge*

Skeletor1991
07-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Primeape is with that one guy named Anthony (I think), and just went on to train him. This is similar to a future episode of the series, but I wont get into that. It'll be aired in the US pretty soon anyway.

He just need to throw them into the PokeCenter. Simple as that :lol:

gama-chan
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM

you mean in the anime or in the games??

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Both, but the anime release are more teary and sometimes dramatic. (Take Jessie's Release of Dustox for example. I cried a bit, but there was some drama in it. Like when she totally destroyed her Poke ball that Dustox was in)

Shiron
07-26-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm just angry at him for not effectively spreading his team. I respect that he doesn't evolve cutie Pikachu, but a Snover? Really?
...What? Ash never caught a Snover.

He doesn'tt evole is Chimchar either. I mean COME ON!
Ash hasn't prevented it from evolving or anything... Perhaps it simply doesn't have enough experience yet and will evolve later. Or perhaps he'll try to prove to Paul that he can beat him, even without fully evolved Pokemon, or something to that effect.

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I believe he means Snorunt. :P

And I can't believe I didn't say this before, but we totally made a few posts into an anime discussion. XP

Shiron
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I believe he means Snorunt. :P

And I can't believe I didn't say this before, but we totally made a few posts into an anime discussion. XP
Even then, Snorunt did end up evolving into Glalie (during the Hoenn League, IIRC).

But yeah, I suppose this really isn't the thread to be talking about the anime. xD

gama-chan
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
oops so yeah the marathon 09 gonna be intense!! Does anyone know the goal?

Skeletor1991
07-27-2009, 11:02 PM
oops so yeah the marathon 09 gonna be intense!! Does anyone know the goal?

I'm going to say somewhere between 6-10 thousand sounds good. :)

Slowflake
07-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Nonononono, last year we got 6000. This year we're getting way more than that! Let's see what happens at the next two marathons, then we'll see.

DrewStern
07-28-2009, 05:54 AM
39,000,000 is my goal.

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 07:05 AM
Well then I say we head for 10k. Ithink we could hit that.

MiniKitty
07-28-2009, 02:57 PM
I think this starts the same day as my winter vacation starts. Best way to start a vacation in my opinion. :D

And I mean, we got 20k in three days during the Final Fantasy marathon, who says we can't do that for the Pokemon one too? Especially since they're starting to get a larger fan base. :3

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
I think this starts the same day as my winter vacation starts. Best way to start a vacation in my opinion. :D

And I mean, we got 20k in three days during the Final Fantasy marathon, who says we can't do that for the Pokemon one too? Especially since they're starting to get a larger fan base. :3

Well that would be really good if we hit 20k, problem is this is ALOT smaller marathon than the FF marathon. So you have to put that into the though as well.

DiZaster321
07-28-2009, 03:07 PM
hmm, i wonder how they plan to get Darkrai, Deoxsys, Shaymin, etc..
I think if they import either, HG/SS they will definitely finish. Johto was the only prob, right?
_awesome_

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 03:23 PM
I think if they import either, HG/SS they will definitely finish. Johto was the only prob, right?
_awesome_

I think that and ruby turned to crap on them :lol:

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
yeah th eRuby cartridge got corrupted on them last minute, which sucked.

the1stpkmnfan
07-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Again, don't worry, we got it covered!

Mew: Ranch / Movie 8 event
Ho-Oh: HG/SS
Lugia: HG/SS
Celebi: Jap. Colosseum Bonus Disc
Jirachi: US. Colosseum Bonus Disc / Jap. Jirachi event
Manaphy: Ranger / Movie 9 event
Deoxys: Poke 10th anniversary tour / Gamestop event 2008
Darkrai: Ranger 2 / Movie 10 / Ja. Platinum event
Shaymin: Ja. Platinum Event / US Movie 11 event
Acreus: Jap. Movie 12 event

They're all pretty much taken care of. :P

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Wow...that was easy XD

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Yup yup now it's all a matter of each player doing their own interpretive dance like playing and catching all them adorable little poke's.

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Yup yup now it's all a matter of each player doing their own interpretive dance like playing and catching all them adorable little poke's.

Ugh I'd love to if they invited me :lol:

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm sure a lot of us would as well lol.

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm sure a lot of us would as well lol.

I know, let do a huge thousand person team going :lol:

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
lol what?

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Just get like a thousand of us to play. Sorry. Kind screwed up the wording

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Ah I see ha ha.

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Anyway....the biggest thing I am waiting for is Gold and Silver. Those are my favorite. :)

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 05:58 PM
they are a lot of people's favorite (mine including) because I have so many fond memories of that game.

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Ya I know what you mean lol. I'm just hoping when it comes to America that the Pedometer is still included with it when you preorder.

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 06:58 PM
I think the pedometer sounds kind of cool from now on I'll go to school and train my pokemon too, campus is pretty big and i walk a lot anyway.

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I think the pedometer sounds kind of cool from now on I'll go to school and train my pokemon too, campus is pretty big and i walk a lot anyway.

Now I'm just eager for it to come out. Going to school AND training Pokemon. Talk about the PERFECT DAY :D

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
It's the closest to being pokemon trainers that we'll ever get... does that sound nerdy?

Skeletor1991
07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
It's the closest to being pokemon trainers that we'll ever get... does that sound nerdy?

I don't think so :)
Well, maybe if you dress like Ash and walk around with a stuffed Pokemon doll :lol:

gama-chan
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
*throws away pikachu doll* ha ha of course not...
have to hand it to the creators it's a pretty nifty idea

Skeletor1991
07-29-2009, 07:02 AM
*throws away pikachu doll* ha ha of course not...
have to hand it to the creators it's a pretty nifty idea

I'm really surprised something like this hasn't come out yet. I mean sure, they did have the Pikachu ones, but that really didn't count in my books.

Mario87
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM

cool i never thought about that now i'm for sure gonna get a copy of HG/SS _awesome_

07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
i can just imagine coming back home and seeing my sentret evolved @.@

Skeletor1991
07-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I wonder if the pedometer will have any evolution systems to it or if you can only evole on the actual game.

Mario87
07-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I wonder if the pedometer will have any evolution systems to it or if you can only evole on the actual game.

it'll most likely be Day care style and i hope it has a silent mode i can just imagine taking a test then all of a sudden my Typlosion starts to make noise or something XD

gama-chan
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
ha ha I would love for that to happen in a massive lecture and then all of a sudden everyone around you hears your pokemon ha ha

the1stpkmnfan
07-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Man, Speed Gamers walking around the house and playing games at the same time can make this way more easy and more awesome. _awesome_

DeaPGalaxy
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
@PKMN
Now THAT'S a real gaming marathon!
I'll leave. xD

skynetmain
07-29-2009, 06:11 PM
ha ha I would love for that to happen in a massive lecture and then all of a sudden everyone around you hears your pokemon ha ha
That's happened to me. I played through a few classes. Even a few time with the teacher sitting near me during a boring guest lecturer. I was sitting next to a guy playing Halo on his laptop so it wasn't like I was the only one distracted.

Mega_Mario
07-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Well, now that Darkrai will be available with the new event (http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/darkrai/), maybe they wont need to play through Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia for the Darkrai event (well I guess there still is Manaphy...). They would have to do something similar to last year with Darkrai, though, since the event will not last that long.

_awesome_

the1stpkmnfan
07-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, I never thought they were gonna do this event in the US, so this will be great for TSG to do instead of Ranger 2. Though, that event is pretty much over with if they havent downloaded the event. Or gotten one from the 10th movie event. But nevertheless, this is a good notice Mario. Ill need to do that event too. :D

Skeletor1991
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Gosh, I don't know if I could go through Rangers just to get him. :?

Mario87
07-30-2009, 07:39 AM

I would but then again i'm not that good at rangers XD

Skeletor1991
07-30-2009, 11:26 AM

I would but then again i'm not that good at rangers XD

See i tried the first game and I just couldn't get into it very well. I don't know why ether. :|

Mega_Mario
07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I had a lot of trouble with the first game. I just found the capture style to be quite difficult.
Once the second game came out, well it was just the opposite. It seemed to be too easy.

I would guess that if they don't have Shadows of Almia with the Manaphy mission, they will probably use the original Ranger, as it is always available. (Although, I remember reading somewhere that once you get Manaphy, you can never get another one on that cartridge. Not sure if it is true, though.)

the1stpkmnfan
07-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah, I keep forgeting the Manaphy Mission is in Almia as well. :P But anyway, I had some trouble with Ranger 1, but Ranger 2 was a bit easier. I think. But Im pretty sure Ranger gamers aren't need for the marathon anymore. Think we good already.

Maybe we can get some time in Pokemon Snap. So we Gotta Snap em all.

Skeletor1991
07-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah, I keep forgeting the Manaphy Mission is in Almia as well. :P But anyway, I had some trouble with Ranger 1, but Ranger 2 was a bit easier. I think. But Im pretty sure Ranger gamers aren't need for the marathon anymore. Think we good already.

Maybe we can get some time in Pokemon Snap. So we Gotta Snap em all.

Ah Pokemon Snap....good times. Good times.

Slowflake
07-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Maybe Snap could be something that fills the time if they indeed do catch 'em all within 72 hours... hey, why not?

Skeletor1991
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Maybe Snap could be something that fills the time if they indeed do catch 'em all within 72 hours... hey, why not?

Exactly. It's such a fun game to play :D

Sonic62
07-31-2009, 03:44 AM
If anything, it'll be Hey You Pikachu! ;)

skynetmain
07-31-2009, 04:19 AM
Why not Pokemon Dash or Pokemon Trozei?

Just throwing names out. I'd love to see Snap again.

Fullsilverwolf
07-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh wow I've haven't played snap in the longest time.
There's sure going to be extra time (If all goes well), I wonder if TSG has anything super speacial
awesome planned ;)

Zorro in Arkham
07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Like someone dressing in a pokemon costume? _awesome_

gama-chan
07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I'd love to see Pokemon Snap, it'll bring back great memories, not to mention people could challenge the TSG staff to take challenging pictures. Personally I could never knock pikachu out of its balloon to get the picture of golbat carrying it.

StopDropAndBear
07-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Normally I'd be like..."Games played during free time...don't hold your breath", but Pokemon does tend to be different in the sense that you've got somewhere in the neighbourhood of a billion players all going at once, so I guess extras are somewhere in the realm of possibility.
Snap would be cool, I just downloaded it off of VC and I'd forgotten how fun it is. We really need a new one of these.

DrewStern
07-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Snap Ds, please. Or even DSI Ware.

the1stpkmnfan
08-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Like someone dressing in a pokemon costume? _awesome_

I've been thinking of dressing up as Byron for both Halloween and the Pokethon. :P

MiniKitty
08-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Normally I'd be like..."Games played during free time...don't hold your breath", but Pokemon does tend to be different in the sense that you've got somewhere in the neighbourhood of a billion players all going at once, so I guess extras are somewhere in the realm of possibility.
Snap would be cool, I just downloaded it off of VC and I'd forgotten how fun it is. We really need a new one of these.
I totally agree that Pokemon Snap would be cool to see. It's a pretty short game, but it's incredibly fun. And I also agree that they need to make a new one. There's obviously plenty more Pokemon they could include. :D

MSico
08-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I'd be happy to play Pokemon Snap during the marathon. Anything but Colosseum again. *dances SO MUCH because we're importing HG/SS*

Skeletor1991
08-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I'd be happy to play Pokemon Snap during the marathon. Anything but Colosseum again. *dances SO MUCH because we're importing HG/SS*

You better be getting a Pedometer for your Onyx :lol:

MSico
08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't care that much about HG/SS except that it will let me bring an Onyx around everywhere <3 <3 <3

Qmiser
08-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Steelix > Onix

the1stpkmnfan
08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Phil, if you play Pokemon Snap, make SURE you save the Pikachu in the Cave to have him fly with Balloons. _awesome_

I don't care that much about HG/SS except that it will let me bring an Onyx around everywhere

You say that at first, but when you start playing with it (and have sometime outside walking with your Onix), you'll fall in love with it. More than Platinum. ;)

ZachD
08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I love me some pokemon snap! it also be cool to get an import Pokemon Green from japan, instead of Blue. I hope that Britt or someone wears a pikachu costume if we hit $25,000 or something. Also, what about pokemon stadium 1 and 2?

Slowflake
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
They won't be played. Only RSE, FRLG, DPP and HGSS. After all, how are you supposed to capture Pokémon in Stadium? And even if you could, how could you transfer them to a generation 4 cart?

Shiron
08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
They won't be played. Only RSE, FRLG, DPP and HGSS. After all, how are you supposed to capture Pokémon in Stadium? And even if you could, how could you transfer them to a generation 4 cart?
Of course. The talk about Snap and Stadium is just for the possibility of playing them to pass the time if every Pokemon is able to be caught before the marathon ends. If that happens, I would really like to see Snap played--really liked that game.

Slowflake
08-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I meant as part of the marathon. It just seems like some people think the Pokéthon works like all the other marathons. Personally, I'd like to see Snap in overtime too. I wasn't a big fan of the game, but it'd be a nice change of pace after so many hours of RPGing ten games at the same time. Hope we see a bit of Ranch too... that was one of the more memorable parts last year.

Skeletor1991
08-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I meant as part of the marathon. It just seems like some people think the Pokéthon works like all the other marathons. Personally, I'd like to see Snap in overtime too. I wasn't a big fan of the game, but it'd be a nice change of pace after so many hours of RPGing ten games at the same time. Hope we see a bit of Ranch too... that was one of the more memorable parts last year.

Well you got to think, alot of people aren't veterans from the first Pokethon. So they will have to learn the fun way. :lol:

Mega_Mario
08-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Hope we see a bit of Ranch too... that was one of the more memorable parts last year.
I believe it went... "Is Chase interested in Bidoof?" :P

I wouldn't mind seeing Ranch and Snap. I just hope that the burn in reduction is turned off for Ranch.

Slowflake
08-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Well you got to think, alot of people aren't veterans from the first Pokethon. So they will have to learn the fun way. :lol:

I can tell it's not gonna be fun for some of them when they find out RBY and GSC aren't being played... because for some reason FRLG and HGSS just isn't the same. The Pokémon fanbase is weird that way, older automatically seems to mean better.

AlanEdgeHead
08-04-2009, 06:05 AM
I don't think anyone will be heartbroken. I don't think I saw any negativity in the chat during the first Pokemon Marathon. Everyone just seems to love Pokemon. There were occasions were the chat would spam fail, like when Chase tried to do the Mach Bike part of Rayquaza's dungeon, but that's about as bad a I remember.

I don't think people care to much which versions are played.

Skeletor1991
08-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Well like I said earlier, I have a copy of SPH that has Rayquaza on. I would give it to them if they want it. Save a good hour of getting to him and another GOOD hour or two trying to catch him lol

Shiron
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Well, if they import both Heart Gold and Soul Silver, there should hopefully be no such problem with Rayquaza... That is, of course, Game Freak are going to be brats again and put some sort of Mach Bike (or rather now, full-speed mode on the bike) puzzle in front of the path to it again.

Slowflake
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Odds are, though, that Rayquaza can only be unlocked by HGSS Kyogre and Groudon, not ones from RSE. So the Ruby and Sapphire players would just have to kill Kyogre and Groudon, and let HGSS do all the dirty work? Well, if it gets them Rayquaza faster...

And speaking of which, they'll have an event Arceus, right? Does that mean they could gain access to the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event as well? These come at level 1, so they'd obviously be easier to catch than in DPP... and with two carts, you could catch two of them at level 1... That means if all of this happens, the HGSS players would have to get the dogs, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and two of the DPP uber trio. That's a lot!

the1stpkmnfan
08-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Odds are, though, that Rayquaza can only be unlocked by HGSS Kyogre and Groudon, not ones from RSE. So the Ruby and Sapphire players would just have to kill Kyogre and Groudon, and let HGSS do all the dirty work? Well, if it gets them Rayquaza faster...

And speaking of which, they'll have an event Arceus, right? Does that mean they could gain access to the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina event as well? These come at level 1, so they'd obviously be easier to catch than in DPP... and with two carts, you could catch two of them at level 1... That means if all of this happens, the HGSS players would have to get the dogs, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and two of the DPP uber trio. That's a lot!

That IS a lot, so I would see all GBA and DS games haven an equal duty for Legendaries. Plus, I stand by this, so the HGSS games don't get totally spoiled, so American and European gamers can check them out for when HGSS arrive for them.

Plus, I keep forgetting to imgaine what wonders they will do with my event Arceus. :P

Slowflake
08-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Equal duty's nice in theory, but in practice the allure of a 46-level drop on two ubers and the chance to bypass the /%"&?$%? Sky Pillar entirely can gain them a lot of time. Unless, of course, whoever's meant to catch Rayquaza practices the bajeezus out of the Mach Bike puzzles before the marathon. And brings a bunch of high-level OUs to do the actual catching, because a level 6 Wingull can only do so much.

I'd also like to point out that Heatran and Regigigas should be reserved for Platinum for a similar reason - those level drops compared to D/P (20 for Heatran, 69 for Regigigas) will be very helpful.

the1stpkmnfan
08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I wont disagree on how the Sky Pillar went, so Im gonna go with the fact that getting that extra time can lead to Legendary Pokemon Nicknaming, for Donations, can arise.

And I can agree with Regigigas and Heatran. Another good reason we need Platinum so badly. :P

Slowflake
08-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, Platinum is the key to success this time around.

Don't want to argue, though, but I just realized the weather trio, especially Rayquaza, might benefit from a level reduction in HGSS.

And all this talk about who should catch who is making me wonder how the planning is done between the players, anyway. Is there any planning at all, even, or on the contrary, is even Bidoof attributed to someone before the thing even starts?

MattB92
08-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Well like I said earlier, I have a copy of SPH that has Rayquaza on. I would give it to them if they want it. Save a good hour of getting to him and another GOOD hour or two trying to catch him lol
lol I remember that. Wasn't it Zubat who keep killing it or something? And then they found out they weren't the ones that had to catch Rayquaza. that was great. :lol: