PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Waku Waku 7

Yuso
05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Publisher: Sunsoft
Genre: Fighter (2D)
Players: 1 - 2
Platform: SNK Arcade, Sega Saturn, PlayStation 2 (found in Sunsoft Collection)

Plot: In this world, there are 7 Waku Waku balls that is said to grant the wish of the one who holds all 7. Seven fighters each posses one and each have their own wish they want fufilled and set out on a journey to collect the other Waku Waku balls... but they won't be given up without a fight!

Game play: 4 / 5
Like any other fighting game, get your opponents stamina to 0 in 2 out of 3 rounds to win. Each character has their own move sets and special moves as well as super moves called "Doki Doki" supers. These techniques are done with "charge" levels which will increase depending on the amount of Waku Waku balls you have collected in addition, you can use a "charge" to temporarily boost your character's power. Along with those, each character has a deadly harahara motion technique which, if pulled off successfully would greatly change the outcome of the battle because these moves are incredibly powerful and usually hard to avoid. The best thing that can be done is stop your opponent from using it as they charge up to do it. There are 7 characters to chose from: Rai, Tesse, Dandy-J, Mauru, Politank Z, Slash, and Arina. And in addition, 2 characters will show up on the VS mode character select: Bonus Kun, the game's bonus character and Fernandez, the game's boss.

Visual: 3 / 5
The game runs smooth and the effects aren't the greatest but the gestures that can be seen are somewhat comical and I would say resembles a traditional anime scheme.

Audio: 4 / 5
Each character has their own stage and music to accompany it. The music isn't exactly high quality but it ties in to the game's characters and helps develop a sense of personality.

Overall, this game is very amusing and the battles are intense. Really fun to play against your friends and the comical stunts could help work off stress (or beating the snot out of your opponents.)

Game's overall rating: 3.5 / 5

Oculin
05-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Oh man, with a name like Waku Waku i wonder why i've never heard of this before lol.