PDA

View Full Version : Arpijy presents: a Suikoden stream show! Ongoing nightly

Arpijy
05-21-2009, 08:02 PM
When: Starting August 8, in 4 hour sessions every weekend at 2PM Eastern time and every night at 7PM, until all games are finished
Where: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ocean-city-trinity
The games (all played as a speedrun, single segment style):
Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Suikoden 3
Suikoden 4
Suikoden 5
More info: http://www.myspace.com/oceancitytrinity

Original post:
I'm thinking about putting together a stream show, with a set schedule to run across consecutive days (say, 6 hours a day for 5 consecutive days), to make it more like a segmented marathon. I'll attempt a speed run across an entire RPG series, not sure which one yet. I'm thinking the series may be one a little less mainstream, potentially giving some people an idea of some games they missed out on, though it'll probably be something with a small number of games (or a medium number of shorter games). I was planning on being the only player, though I suppose having my other friends/teammates helping to moderate would be helpful. It probably won't be for charity.

What I'd like to know from you all is:
A) Can this work?
B) Would you watch it?
C) Which series/games? (I have ideas of my own, but I'd like to hear yours first.)

Nite_Stryke7
05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Yes I think that could easily be done if you have the time etc...
And YES I would most def. watch it! lol _awesome_
And the third....Hmm...I really don't know...But whatever you come up with I'll watch!

Dashiamo
05-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Sounds good, im sure i would watch some if i have the time.
For a game how about the golden sun series?

kmmgreen5
05-22-2009, 07:20 AM
well in order for something like to this to work your going to have to believe in yourself

Brineboy
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Sounds good I would at least watch some of it. For the game series have you every played the lufia series I think there are 4 games in it 2 for snes, 1 for gb and 1 for gba. I am not sure if you know much about the series but it is just a suggestion.

whitemage730
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Of course I'd watch this! I love watching game marathons, even of games I don't like :lol: I don't know why, but I always get sucked into them.

Arpijy
05-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far. Some comments:

well in order for something like to this to work your going to have to believe in yourself
Well said. I'll probably do a few practice runs to make sure I'm confident enough.

For a game how about the golden sun series?
Haven't played the games before, sorry. But perhaps I'll give them a look later on.

But if I were to suggest something, I'd say the Suikoden series. But I'm biased like that.
This actually was the series I was thinking about too. There's 5 games in the series, 2 (possibly 3) of which I think I could finish under 10 hours, so with the time frame I'm shooting for, it seems feasible...plus I know the Suikoden fanbase would go for this.

For the game series have you every played the lufia series I think there are 4 games in it 2 for snes, 1 for gb and 1 for gba.
Played 'em all, though I don't have legal copies of all of them. That said, I thought the games were more mediocre than good (Lufia 2 being a clear exception), but they might be fun to speed run since there's not many random encounters.

Arpijy
06-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Been a while, but I decided that I definitely want to follow through with this. I've brought up the idea to friends, my teammates, and other forums and mostly gotten positive responses. Gonna go with Suikoden as my choice game series, and a time frame sometime in late July/early August.

That said, though, I'm gonna practice working the show on my own and build up hype at the same time by broadcasting some of my practice sessions. That'll start tomorrow at 8:00 (Eastern time). I'll be playing through the first few hours of Suikoden 2. Link is in my signature.

Megimano
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Awesome dude, I can't wait.

JaggerG
06-15-2009, 04:27 AM
A) Probably
B) Occasionally
C) No idea. I'm not really that into RPGs (:^O).

Well said.
Indeed.

KatTheBard
06-19-2009, 09:25 PM
A) sure, it could happen if you have the time, commitment, and equipment.
B) some at least, or I would try. Or I would be in the chat. XD
C) Whatever TSG hasn't done recently would be my suggestion

Arpijy
06-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Gonna do another practice stream tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8:00 Eastern time. This time I'll cover the first few chapters of Suikoden 3 (not sure from which perspective yet). Maybe I'll see some of you there?

Arpijy
07-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Edited the first post with some concrete info on when my show will be. Left the original post intact as to make the rest of the thread make sense.

Also, next practice broadcast on Monday, July 6, at 7:00 Eastern. See you there.

BlackExcalibur
07-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Awesome! I'll make sure to be there when you start!

caramelslice
07-05-2009, 10:08 PM
This is awesome. I hope I can catch this one. So you won't be doing Rhapsodia or Tierkreis?

Arpijy
07-08-2009, 12:09 AM
This is awesome. I hope I can catch this one. So you won't be doing Rhapsodia or Tierkreis?

Tierkreis is definitely out since A) I have no way to capture from a DS, and B) I haven't played the game yet. I was considering doing Tactics/Rhapsodia at the end if this got popular enough, though.

Anyway, I'll do another practice session Thursday at 8. I'll show off a little of the beginning of Suikoden 4 this time.

Arpijy
08-07-2009, 08:00 PM
You haven't forgotten yet, have you?

Anyway, ready to go tomorrow afternoon, and will probably be going nightly for about 2 weeks to finish the games. Hope to see some of you there!