PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Sonic and the Black Knight

Eric Kirby
05-22-2009, 09:06 AM
(this is my first and only review I ever did. Its not very good but everyone has to start somewhere.)

Ok, as most of you know the new Sonic game for the Wii is out. I thought it was going to come out on March 9th, but it came out on March 3rd. Well, I got the game and I beat. This is not a review of the game this is just my opinion, so I'm not going to get into detail about the game.

The story was...ok. It wasn't the best story for a sonic game ever but it wasn't terrible. There were some funny moments in the game that made me kinda laugh but not a whole lot. I did like the way the cutscenes were created. they were like the cutscenes for Secret Rings but in a different art style that fit the theme. The gameplay was great. Its a nice balence of speed and use of the sword. I did feel like the controls for the sword were a bit unresponsive. Like in Secret Rings your pretty much running on a rail but this time its much easier to stop with the use of the Nunchuck. With all that I thought The gameplay was good. The graphic were great. Once again Sonic has provide some of the best looking graphics on the Wii. I am disappointed that the layout of the levels weren't wild and crazy like in other Sonic games. The levels were more flat. Now, they may have done that because of the sword play. I don't know I would have liked a few more loops. Plus Rings are harder to come by. Insted, you have to collect these fairy looking things.

Overall, I thought the game was ok. Not the best Sonic game but still good. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7/10. It was a fun experience, but there were some flaws.

SonikkuMan
05-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I actually liked it too. It could've been better... but all games could be better than the final product (looking at you Sonic 06)

the1stpkmnfan
05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
The game was alright to play, and the characters I was happy to see in the game. Glad they didnt bring in another new character, sonic-wise, and decided to bring in the current ones. Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze as Arthur's servants was pretty cool. :)

Sonic62
05-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Ah, I'm glad you like it. That makes... a few of us. :(

BlueBlazer
05-23-2009, 07:36 AM
I definitely didn't think it was as bad as everyone (IGN) was saying it was. It's got great graphics and decent gameplay. It's definitely worth a 7/10.

Sonic62
05-24-2009, 02:35 AM
I definitely didn't think it was as bad as everyone (IGN) was saying it was. It's got great graphics and decent gameplay. It's definitely worth a 7/10.
Did you happen to hear their comments about Sonic fans?

SonikkuMan
05-24-2009, 03:43 AM
You can't spell ignorant without IGN

the1stpkmnfan
05-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Wow, :o Well said Sonikkuman. I didnt even notice that. :P Now I can make fun of IGN like that.

DrewStern
05-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Sonic.. With a Sword?! Ughhh...

Good Review Though.

BlueBlazer
05-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Did you happen to hear their comments about Sonic fans?
No I didn't. What did they say?

Halladay32
05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
I think they basically said that anyone who likes Sonic games, doesn't like good games and doesn't know what good games are -_-

BlueBlazer
05-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I think they basically said that anyone who likes Sonic games, doesn't like good games and doesn't know what good games are -_-
IGN is so stupid. -_-'

the1stpkmnfan
05-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Wow, if that's what they said, critics these days. Unfortunatley, everyone's got Freedom of speech, so we cant control people what to say I guess.

diddyknux
05-24-2009, 11:14 PM
We also have the right to say (censored) IGN!

This looks even better than Secret Rings, which was already a good game. IGN thinks we don't know what a good game is? These are the kind of (censored) who think Halo is the greatest thing ever invented. They probably don't even play the games anymore. They'll look at a few screenshots and call it done.

Sonic62
05-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Yep, that's it. If that doesn't prove the anti-Sonic bias... :?
By their logic: I like Ocarina of Time, are they saying it's a bad game?

Oculin
05-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Well reviews are all just opinion and most opinions are biased in some way or form so D: Really it doesn't matter, if you dislike it all you can do is write your own review~ as Eric Kirby did~

SonikkuMan
05-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Yep, that's it. If that doesn't prove the anti-Sonic bias... :?
By their logic: I like Ocarina of Time, are they saying it's a bad game?

Yeah, so by that logic, that makes Call of Duty 4 a bad game too.