PDA

View Full Version : Custom Theme Suggestions

Gwellin
10-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Okay, I am serious about building a new theme for the forum. I have been having some trouble getting one to work properly, but I'll figure it out. Here are some of the features I would like to add, possibly not all at the first release, but would like opinions and suggestions for more.

First off, I probably won't make major style changes from the default theme I will base it on (Prosilver). What I'm looking to do is change the colours, add new features, and make it easier to change colours and icons when new marathons come around.

So here are the features list I'm thinking of, some of which may be in Prosilver already, but not for CodeBlack (the current default).

- Dynamic width, not this fixed column, to take up more space on larger/wider monitors.
- Offer the one theme in either light or dark variations.
- Highlight the posts of "Friends", or add an icon of some sort. Maybe subdue "Foes", but not hide their posts.
- Add icon to indicate Gender based on what was entered in your profile (if it was entered).
- Improved Smilie listing, possibly hiding the larger ones until revealed.
- If we restore the Chat then it may be possible to have it show up in a column to the right or left when on the forum.
- Hide bots from being listed in the "Who is online" section.
- Icons based on events, for example having a Pokéball or Metroid next to boards on the index page.
- More noticeable identification of unread posts in threads.

I'll add more as I think of them, but please offer any suggestions you might have.

MSico
10-18-2008, 12:52 AM
I guess I should note that I haven't really passed this by any of the official Speed Gamers, only really through talking with Local. I hope I'm not over stepping any bounds.

What!!? You went over my helmet!??!?!

_hat_
:evil:
<3

Gwellin
10-18-2008, 01:06 AM
I guess I should note that I haven't really passed this by any of the official Speed Gamers, only really through talking with Local. I hope I'm not over stepping any bounds.

_hat_
<3
:shock: :?
I have mentioned it several times in the Theme Vote (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=97) topic.

...Wait, since when do you wear a helmet?

MSico
10-18-2008, 01:17 AM
It's from Spaceballs :P :lol:

Gwellin
10-18-2008, 01:20 AM
It's from Spaceballs :P :lol:
Oh, right, I haven't seen that movie in a very long time.

GoSmitty
11-07-2008, 06:17 AM

_hat_
<3
Not only that, he went to plaid!
I suggest more game system themes. The xbox one was neat, but what about a wii theme? PS3 theme?

Gwellin
11-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I suggest more game system themes. The xbox one was neat, but what about a wii theme? PS3 theme?
Possibly, on off times, but the themes will more likely be influenced but whatever the next marathon will be.

bobo_dude16
11-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Okay, I am serious

*bobo gets serious*