PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Food?

Jran Sakarra
05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
What do you eat while you are gaming?
I know this has been a huge issue between me and a few of my friends.
You get hungry while playing (Insert Game here) and want something that is easy to eat but not greasy or leaves crumbs all over and have to wipe your hands on your pants. Chinese Food is hard to eat, while Mexican gets all over the place.
I got to try out this great gaming food called "Gamer Grub (http://www.gamergrub.com/)" (Results (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vochsiu-vfU)) back before when it was in the testing stages. It worked, but you can find it no where as of right now.
was wondering what you do you eat while gaming or any good ideas to solve this problem.

Foxy
05-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Well, it usually depends on what game system I am playing on. And the game. I usually go for Lays Chips with most systems and games. They're always a good choice of mine.
I like non-greasy foods, though. So the controller(s) or buttons don't get messy.
I love to eat chocolate during any game. :) Along with Potato Chips...even though they are messy.
Edit: I have no idea how to stop the problem.... Perhaps we should take breaks to snack??

Gwellin
05-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Simple, I don't.

I never eat anything while playing a game because I don't want the controller getting dirty.

Haruka
05-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Same with Gwellin. I prefer clean and fresh. Possibly a drink, as long as the bottle isn't dirty. :lol:

whitemage730
05-28-2009, 05:59 AM
I never eat while I play, either. Occasionally I'll have a Mt. Dew, though. In fact, I prefer to have one rather than not. :lol: But both of my brothers eat while they play, and it makes all of our controllers greasy. It's disgusting. You should see the analog sticks on my GameCube controllers.

the1stpkmnfan
05-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I really dont eat a thing as well. But I do sometimes drink like soda while I play. But thats all there is.

Letifer
05-28-2009, 07:26 AM
I always eat some chocolate while drinking some milk when playing games. If it's a weekend, I usuly drink some cola for my chocolate. Yum~ <3

wafflez
05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
chocolate milk shake

that way u dont get the controller dirty

cheesecake
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't tend to eat while I'm playing, because I hate having to wipe off my hands everytime I eat a chip so I can get back to the game, and even if I do, my hands are still greasy. x.x If it's something I can eat with a fork, then I'm fine with it. Most of the time I'll just drink a Coke while playing, lol.

Brineboy
05-28-2009, 04:10 PM
If anything its pretzels but not the rods the little sticks or the mini ones so that you can eat them in one bite. If I ever have gummi bears though I eat those since they dont make any mess. I also usually have a drink it me too.

dryuriev7777
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Chocolate chip cookies with sour cream and onion chips. Best combination ever. Add various drinks that may or may not be of an alcoholic nature (depending on the game of course ;) ) and you're in the ZONE. I always have a paper towel or something to wipe my hands on though; dirty controllers are unhappy controllers.

KatTheBard
05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
It depends on what game it is. high-intensity action/combat/FPS/etc. games, I won't eat anything. Turn-based/strategy games, I'll eat popcorn, chips when available. I also tend to drink iced tea or water because my living room has become an oven all of a sudden. lol.

SilverLPJ
05-28-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't eat when I game, but I can't stand not haveing something to drink wether it's a soda are Water I have to have something to drink

LegendOfCookies
05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I almost never eat while gaming i want to but i never have good snacks to eat...

JaggerG
05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I like goldfishes 'cause they're soooo delicious! Ohhh goldfiiiishes!

AlanEdgeHead
05-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Cheeseburger in a can! _awesome_
I'm totally lying.

Bakanekokao
05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
The best gaming food is edamane and iced chai tea latte. OR... Nari Maki and pocky with bubble tea! :D

Skeletor1991
05-29-2009, 01:07 PM
You know..I always like to sit down for a few hours of FFXI or MGS online. I usually make a New York Strip steak (Medium well) with gold shavings on top. :lol: No I usually just have popcorn and a Mountain Dew to get me through the night.

KatTheBard
05-29-2009, 03:42 PM
The best gaming food is edamane and iced chai tea latte. OR... Nari Maki and pocky with bubble tea! :D

mmm....pocky...

What is this bubble tea of which you speak? I wish to try some.

Qmiser
05-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I hardly eat while playing, though I do take care to what I eat during a break. However I do drink while gaming and what I drink depends on the game and my mood.

If I'm playing any fast pace game (i.e. FPS, Action RPG, Racing, Tetris, etc.) I go for a cold drink that I can quickly grab and take large sips from. The drink usually is soda, juice, or milk, depending on my mood.

However, if I'm in the mood and I'm playing a slow paced game (turn based RPG, MMO's (between encounters), stuff like that) I love a nice hot cup of tea. It really helps me focus even if I'm at a really boring part.

lawlipopper
05-30-2009, 12:40 AM
I usually dont eat anything while playing, because i find it a bit hard to eat while playing or to keep pausing the game to drink/eat.

DrewStern
05-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Cheeze Its, No Questions Asked...

*Hand Me The Box and Nobody Gets Hurt*

BlueBlazer
05-30-2009, 08:17 AM
The only thing I eat while gaming is cereal because then my hand don't get greasy and stuff. I also drink a ton of tea whenever I game.

Jran Sakarra
05-31-2009, 09:53 AM

mmm....pocky...

What is this bubble tea of which you speak? I wish to try some.
Yes Pocky is a good non-greasy choice.
Wow I have not had bubble tea in forever.
It is a tea beverage containing tapioca balls at the bottom and has a huge straw.
It is very good, but hard to find in some areas.
/cry

MSico
05-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Scorpions, hair sandwiches, larvae, poutine, and lots of refreshing Pepsi beverages.

Diana3
05-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Usually nothing, because I'm obsessive about clean controllers. I do drink tea, though... (but that's all day long! XD)

CodeZTM
05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
A nice glass of green tea, perhaps some chips or something usually. However, I'm not that OCD about controllers getting dirty and I do eat sometimes while playing, considering I dust/clean everything in my room every night. Dusting/cleaning is something that I AM OCD about. LOL.

DrewStern
05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
What is this doing in community talk?

BlueBlazer
05-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Usually nothing, because I'm obsessive about clean controllers. I do drink tea, though... (but that's all day long! XD)
Me too. xD

Haruka
05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
What is this mistrust?

This Forum is obviously meant for "exchangive" talk and subjects within the users. For an example, "Pictures of you." Referring to those facts, this thread is very much illegible to take place here, partially proved by the fact that it has kept it's place here without moving for days, and due to that, let's just let the whole thing be like it currently is. Let's certainly just chill, shall we? :)

Mezix
05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Drew... you try to hard.

DrewStern
05-31-2009, 02:58 PM
What is this mistrust?

This Forum is obviously meant for "exchangive" talk and subjects within the users. For an example, "Pictures of you." Referring to those facts, this thread is very much illegible to take place here, partially proved by the fact that it has kept it's place here without moving for days, and due to that, let's just let the whole thing be like it currently is. Let's certainly just chill, shall we?

Isn't Community Talk For Exchanging Friend Codes and Such, I'm Sorry If I'm In The Way of Mezix. I'm Not Trying to Crash This.

Gwellin
05-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Just drop it. We'll probably be redefining the forum sections before too long anyway.

And Drew, you do try too hard at times.

Aeronautical
05-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Popcorn! And lots of it. Also, ice cream, soda, and mini tacos. I tend to be very messy too. I hope I can find the dust buster soon ._.

JaggerG
05-31-2009, 11:45 PM
lots of refreshing Pepsi beverages.
That's Disgusting. Even Though I Sometimes Drink Pepsi. <_<
Coming to a theatre near you, this summer.

KatTheBard
06-01-2009, 01:45 PM
poutine

_awesome_

* can't find her poutine fairy picture :( *

Popcorn! And lots of it.

Great minds think alike~. :mrgreen:

pkGamerB
06-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't usually eat while gaming (unless I'm playing my DS). There's no real reason why, I guess I'm just too into the game. The only thing I can remember eating is popcorn. I do love drinking Tahitian Treat (or anything else), though.

Sonic62
06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Chips, ice cream, popcorn, whatever I can get my hands on. Always gotta have a soda with it or alone.

caramelslice
06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I normally don't eat while I play video games. If I want to eat, then I'll take a break from playing to actually sit down and grab a bite. When I'm playing I'll usually have a glass of cold green tea or a cup of hot green tea. Sometimes I might be in the mood for an Icee or something. During the times that I have eaten while playing, I was eating potato croquettes with a lot of kewpie mayo drizzled all over them XD This is all since I started college though.

Back when I lived with my family, I drank the same thing, but sometimes I'd have apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream (store-bought of course since I don't have the time to make apple pie from scratch...I wish) or those pizzas that you'd toast in the oven...I forget the brand because there was a particular brand that I really liked.

kebby129
06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Chase tells me he eats Baconators when he plays Halo 3 with me...every day...he is fatter than you guys think. _awesome_ just kiddin' Chase...I however eat chips when I play.

DarkInferno
06-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Normally I dont eat anything unless i really have to. When I do I just eat chips or something like that.

diddyknux
06-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I never eat while I'm gaming, unless maybe I'm playin an RPG where I can divert my attention for a time. However, I almost always have something to drink. Usually Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew.

DesertRose
06-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Chips, ice cream, popcorn, whatever I can get my hands on. Always gotta have a soda with it or alone.

This. :lol:

Hey, I've even eaten meals when I'm playing. I trust myself to not be too much of a slob around my gaming stuff. XD

Sonic62
06-08-2009, 02:14 AM

This. :lol:

Hey, I've even eaten meals when I'm playing. I trust myself to not be too much of a slob around my gaming stuff. XD
Funny you mention that as I've even eaten supper during my streams/marathons in the past.

Luigi110
06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
It depends, usually while playing I eat things that don't get too messy, and even if it doesn't I still wash my hands.

If it's really messy I take a break, eat it, clean my self up and start gaming again.

Specially with pizza, cause most pizza is very greasy and I hate it when my friends use my controllers while and after they eat, and don't have the courtesy to clean their hands.

Ness' Bat
06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Bagels!

I remember when I was like.. 7, I was eating pancakes while playing the original Super Smash Bros. and I got a ton of maple syrup in the controller and my brother got mad. : P

StopDropAndBear
06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Eating and gaming at the same time requires a level of multitasking that is entirely beyond my reach. I need to roll like Hedonism Bot and get me a couch with arms that'll feed me as I play.

JaggerG
06-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Hedonism bear!

DarkG
08-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Nothing beats playing a game while eating a Bagel or some Toast.

Fullsilverwolf
08-08-2009, 02:02 AM
I tend to eat Easy Mac, a lot while playing games. And sum Pepsi, too.

whoawhereami
08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Bawls + frozen blueberries + ice + blender = BEST. SLUSHIE. EVER.
And cheese sticks. _awesome_

awesomedude
08-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Bawls + frozen blueberries + ice + blender = BEST. SLUSHIE. EVER.
And cheese sticks. _awesome_

omg that sounds so epic and amazing. yummmm.

chrismog2
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
My favorite gaming food is a plate of kung pao chicken doused with extra red chili pepper flakes and Sriracha Hot Sauce. :twisted:

Pizza w/ mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and fresh garlic + red pepper flakes is a close second. Third would be whatever I can microwave and have in front of me in three minutes or less.

Slice847
08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Unsalted cashews. Perfect munchy food and no mess.

PokemonCheese
08-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I usually eat a pizza or get a bag of chips. Sometimes, even a bowl of cereal if it's really early in the morning. That and I have to have my blue Mountain Dew Game Fuel. That stuff is awesome!

Monk
08-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I rarely ever eat when i game. Well if im playing a game on the computer ill eat but if im playing on a console then i'll probably just drink stuff. Either way i always drink a lot of green tea lol.

Omega
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
i rarely eat when i game as well but when i do its usually PB&J of course, lol

Trombonus
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Like a lot of others, I don't usually eat anything while I get my game on. however, if I were to do so I have a soda and some chips. Pretty simple, but I'm a simple dude. :)

YalWerdna
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
No nasty controllers for me- I just stick to Pepsi.

skynetmain
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
The common snacks we commonly have are soda, Gatorade, chips, cookies and sometimes beer (except for me). Mostly just the drinks. We usually have dinner ahead of time so we would have washed up before we game. We always do a good job of keeping controllers clean. Hell, my Wavebird is still pretty clean and I haven't cleaned it since I got it.

ChickenLeg
08-13-2009, 04:01 PM
I really just pause, go into another room, eat what I have to eat, and go back. I really don't like eating during a game, which would explain why I'll get a blood sugar crash and seriously can't play anymore until I actually get something to eat.

Drinks, on the other hand.

Dotcom
08-13-2009, 04:06 PM
hardly ever eat at the system itself usually at the table but i do drink alot.

Luigi110
08-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Poptarts arn't too bad.

Sonic62
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Poptarts arn't too bad.
Toasted or not? ;)

Luigi110
08-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Poptarts arn't too bad.
Toasted or not? ;)Both. If you have time to actually take the time to toast them but if not and you want to get back into the game then not toasted.

the1stpkmnfan
08-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, Toasted Poptarts is really tasty. But I prefer either way. :)

Sonic62
08-14-2009, 11:04 PM
A few years ago, I'd play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon late into the night. I ate the smore Pop Tarts right outta the package, lots of them! :)

the1stpkmnfan
08-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Nice. I remember eating some chocolate poptarts, and blueberry ones I think, while I was playing Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Stadium/2 when I was young. So young, I didnt even bother to throw away the packs when Im done. xD Until the following day and my mom tells me to. :P

Luigi110
08-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I remember first getting Paper Mario 2 and having about 3 boxes of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. and just chowing down on them while beating the game in less than 4 days xD

Razlu
08-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Well me i just normally have a box of cheese its in my room so i eat them while i game and i normally just drink water since i dont wanna risk having soda be spilt incase something crazy happens and i rage for a second...as for a crazy thing...if u were just watching the megaman marathon...when Ferenc died on Bass (i guess thats the bosses name) when he was on the last form with only 40hp left

lionheart91
08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I go all out when i''m gaming. Pepsi is always my drink of choice, but for snacks i'll either have goldfish, popcorn, chocolate chips, twizzlers, or potato chips. Sometimes i'll have everything at the same time _awesome_

Omega
08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I go all out when i''m gaming. Pepsi is always my drink of choice, but for snacks i'll either have goldfish, popcorn, chocolate chips, twizzlers, or potato chips. Sometimes i'll have everything at the same time _awesome_

sounds like your living the high life there my friend

No13Roxas
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Mouton dew is a big drink for me while gaming or any other soda. As for food pecan sanddies <3

Raen
08-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I eat popcorn a whole ton while on the computer/ playing games. I love popcorn :D

Carnage
08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Usually I will eat chips or whatever is in my cupboard. Which is not generally much.

However I almost always drink Dr. Pepper while I'm playing. <3

Churcher
08-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll drink or eat anything that's around. I've been known to eat on a Turkey Leg playing Advanced Wars though...
One of my proudest moments.

NhouzXM
08-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Cheez-its (or goldfish or whatever cheese related crackers) or chips if on hand
Redbull if on hand also
anddd diet coke if none of those are on hand lol.

Mastertoku
08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
There's not really much around, so...

I usually just end up eating a plain tortilla with some ketchup on it. ><

Or I cover one side in peanut butter and fold it into quarters. That's good stuff.

5t0k35
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't eat while I game. As long as here is a Mountain Dew beside me, I'm happy.

Ledjar
08-20-2009, 01:57 AM
i pause my game when i eat, i don't like getting my controller greasy or dirty.