PDA

View Full Version : i might not be able to watch the mgs marathon

BobberyFan98
05-28-2009, 11:29 AM
due to the series being m rated, my mom might not allow me to watch it. :(

TheSpeedGamers
05-28-2009, 11:36 AM
due to the series being m rated, my mom might not allow me to watch it. :(

I'm sorry to hear that, luckily this will most likely be one of the few series that we play that is M rated.

The things about game titles is that they get an unfair shake on ratings. If this were the movie rating system it would be Pg 13 in my opinion.

The MGS series I'd say is very Bourne esque in terms of violence and language.

Even though the Games will be M rated, the commentary will remain the same, G rated. So if you care to do so you can turn the game feed off and just watch the commentary.

Haruka
05-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Oh, that's very bad to hear.. The marathon's going to be great, too bad that you aren't allowed to spectate it.

Thought isn't there a meant thread for the MG Marathon discussion? I myself didn't find any, but this, pretty inactive one. Someone should certainly bump it up, or create a new one, if necessary.

Well, anyways, hopefully the things will go better, right? Something still may happen. :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1948 (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1948)

fettouhi
05-28-2009, 12:34 PM
its sad to hear but understandable. I agree with britt hear the movie version of mgs would be pg 13 but since it a game its M rated. as britt said join in on the commentating and the chat if you get permission its gonna be fun.

BobberyFan98
05-28-2009, 12:40 PM
its sad to hear but understandable. I agree with britt hear the movie version of mgs would be pg 13 but since it a game its M rated. as britt said join in on the commentating and the chat if you get permission its gonna be fun.
oh i will :D

StopDropAndBear
05-28-2009, 01:43 PM
That is a major bummer, but I do give props to your mother for well..being a mother. In an age where people are constantly pointing the finger in every which direction for what their kids are exposed to and never actually considering that as a parent, it is in fact their responsibility, it's comforting to see adults stepping up to the plate.
Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there. _dead_

Hope to see you in the chat! And like Britt and Fettouhi mentioned, you can still enjoy the wholesome, worm-eating fun of the commentary.

Qmiser
05-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Ah, sorry to hear. Yet I know for a fact I will not be attending the marathon. I'm going to a two night concert out of state that weekend (Friday and Saturday) and I don't know our plan for coming home. Chances are though, I won't be back till mid-day Sunday. So I will only catch the tail end. :cry:

Boo_24_7
05-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I might be going to the beach earlier in the week but I'll defiantly be able to see the MG marathon.

Letifer
05-29-2009, 02:58 AM
I might not be able to see it either. I'm going to my dad, but I don't know when. But I don't know if I will be able to see the marathon. But we'll see~
I hope that I'll be able to see it, I've never played Metal Gear so it's quite intresting.

I'm sorry that you can't see it. _ You could always watch the commentary~ :3

BobberyFan98
05-29-2009, 09:42 AM
I might not be able to see it either. I'm going to my dad, but I don't know when. But I don't know if I will be able to see the marathon. But we'll see~
I hope that I'll be able to see it, I've never played Metal Gear so it's quite intresting.

I'm sorry that you can't see it. _ You could always watch the commentary~ :3
if i can't, thats what i was gonna do.

Essentia
05-29-2009, 01:55 PM
That is a major bummer, but I do give props to your mother for well..being a mother. In an age where people are constantly pointing the finger in every which direction for what their kids are exposed to and never actually considering that as a parent, it is in fact their responsibility, it's comforting to see adults stepping up to the plate.
I totally agree with all that; I hope that I can be that good of a mother. As for myself, I try to avoid M-rated games, so I'm not sure whether I'll watch a lot of the marathon or not. I'll at least tune into the commentary.