PDA

View Full Version : Hoodie Pricing, color and design

TheSpeedGamers
06-29-2009, 10:53 AM
It seems early now but soon enough fall will be upon us. If TSG were to put out a hoodie (similar in style to our T-shirts), what would be a reasonable price?

Edit:I've changed the topic name to reflect some more opinions I'd like to get from you guys. Any specific colors or design ideas you all would like to see?

Tachyon
06-29-2009, 10:59 AM
$22

the1stpkmnfan
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm gonna say 25. I know it can't be that cheap, but 35 seems a bit up there.

So the least, 25. The max possiblity, 30.

Azuken
06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
seeing as how if I really like a hoodie ive spent 80+ before, I think any of those prices are fair. but 30 seems good.

Mega_Mario
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
I agree with pkmnfan. It should at least be $25 but no more then $30. It really depends on the quality of the material and how the design turns out.

Kilgard
06-29-2009, 12:47 PM
I voted $30, mainly due to canadian shipping costs bumping it up to $40ish.

YalWerdna
06-29-2009, 12:49 PM
25, definitely. Those who voted 22, think about it as a sponsorship for TSG.

DesertRose
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree with Pkmn. At least $25, but the max should probably be around $30. I know certain places *cough*HotTopic*cough* charge around $40 or so for them and that is exactly why I never get any. >.<

zach2m1
06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I think the most reasonable price I think is $25. I don't think the lowest price is the most reasonable. You guys got to remember this IS for the website. So if TSG don't get enough profits they will be using money out of their own pockets to keep this website running. So please think of others and TSG.

StopDropAndBear
06-29-2009, 01:48 PM
$25 seems about fair to me, I know hoodies cost more to produce, but I could go as high as 30 bucks as well. It's for a good cause, after all. :3

Would these be pullover hoodies, or zip-ups? I know the former is most likely, and I'd love either equally. I'm just curious.

Jamesdh17
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree with almost everyone who posted $25 dollars. Would it be same as the t-shirt or would you have them in different colors?

Brineboy
06-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I say 25 or 30 because just like if you are in a store or something paying the less amount of bills makes it seem less then paying more.

pikminsquad2148
06-29-2009, 02:06 PM
$25.00 or $30.00 works best.

Haruka
06-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Well, as a refer to these earlier comments, any of the higher than $22, respectively.

TheSpeedGamers
06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
$25 seems about fair to me, I know hoodies cost more to produce, but I could go as high as 30 bucks as well. It's for a good cause, after all. :3

Would these be pullover hoodies, or zip-ups? I know the former is most likely, and I'd love either equally. I'm just curious.

Most likely pullover, and from looking at everyone's comments I think we will be able to find a price point that will satisfy most. :D

caramelslice
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
I agree with what a majority of others have said. A price range from 25-30 sounds good.

caramelslice
06-29-2009, 03:37 PM
For the colour, I know your logo is black on white, but every time I've seen a white hoodie they've looked disgusting because they always get dirt or stains on them. I think a darker colour would look nicer...
Well Britt did mention how they were also open to new design ideas to put on the hoodies.

cheesecake
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I voted for the $22, because shipping alone already costs $6 here in the U.S (at least for t-shirts it does, the hoodies could potentially cost more shipping wise since they're probably heavier), which already puts the total at $28, and for those in Canada/Mexico $30 and for anyone else $32. Which from what everyone else has said, about $25-$30 total sounds good to me.

Qmiser
06-29-2009, 06:13 PM
$25 definitely seems more reasonable to me, I definitely think pull-over will be better than zip-up, and depending on the print on it, it should be a darker color. I'd prefer gray just because I have a good amount of gray stuff (though I could always use more) and it's one of my favorite colors (amazingly).

lurock
06-29-2009, 06:29 PM
30 is the usual going rate for good quality band hoodies. anything around there means we're getting good quality stuff.

Sonic62
06-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd say pullover with a darker color as many have said already. _awesome_

DrewStern
06-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Black with the white design would be warm and fasionable.

championj
06-29-2009, 08:40 PM
I think $25 is a reasonable amount. I also think that they should be in black with the T-shirt designs on them.

StopDropAndBear
06-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Sounds rad, I can't wait. _awesome_
*wrings hands together grubbily*

Skeletor1991
06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I put up 25 of course...not too much and not too not enough :lol:

pkGamerB
06-29-2009, 11:30 PM
$30 sounds good to me, considering I usually spend no less than $50 for my hoodies. And I agree that it should be dark colored, preferably black. I've gotten to the point that I don't even buy coats anymore, I just wear hoodies all year.
(until it hits 80 degrees, that is 8-) ) I kind of like the zip-up hoodies, but either one would be fine with me.

AlanEdgeHead
06-30-2009, 02:29 AM
I voted 25$ because 22$ seems too low. And sure enough, 25$ is winning. :D

AsherXII
06-30-2009, 05:58 AM
I have to agree, either $25 or $30 sounds like a pretty good price I'd say. Can't wait to see what they'll look like. :)

kmmgreen5
06-30-2009, 08:12 AM
i think 25 is good since i usually pay 50 bucks for my zelda hoodies :P

Exclamation Point
06-30-2009, 11:09 AM
$25-$30 sounds completely reasonable, as most others have said. You can generally expect a quality product around that price range, despite never buying many myself.

As for zip-up versus pull-over, I'm torn. Pull-overs are generally less of a hassle, but can be a pain to remove if you suddenly get really hot. Zip-ups can be worn open, but they usually have an incredibly tight elastic around the rim which causes your clothes ride up.

Color wise, darker colors would look better. White hoodies just never look good, in my opinion. They make people look like very lost polar bears. :V

Kilgard
06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
They make people look like very lost polar bears. :V

You're my new hero :)

KatTheBard
06-30-2009, 03:14 PM
25 seems good. I mean, I paid 30 for an oversized non-hoodie from Phantom Regiment (if you don't know what that is, they're a drum corps. yeeeeaahhh) from a stadium. so somewhere in there, 25-30. But again, I'm poor XD my bank problems were all sorted out tho, for those of you that heard about that. Yay!

Ninboycl
06-30-2009, 03:45 PM
I picked 30$, mostly because high quality hoodies are 60$+ *in Canada*

IMHO, As long as I get one ill be wearing it under my Rush sweater, overtop my Tanooki Suit Mario sweater. XD

EDIT:
Omg.. I just noticed something..
I need a TMOHS hoodie >:O

Tachyon
06-30-2009, 03:56 PM

IMHO, As long as I get one ill be wearing it under my Rush sweater, overtop my Tanooki Suit Mario sweater. XD

Have fun wearing all that in a Canadian summer`s day

Qmiser
06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
EDIT:
DUDE!!! There's a TMOHS hoodie?!?!

Tachyon
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
whats TMOHS? :S

cheesecake
06-30-2009, 04:28 PM
whats TMOHS? :S
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Tachyon
06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh, well of course ninboy has a sweater of that

Sonic62
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM

EDIT:
Is it really cold in your house? :lol:

Shannon
06-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Personally, I'm el cheapo and chose $22. I really like zip-ups because on my female body, pullovers look baggy and ickeh. I'd also prefer the alternate black background design, just because it'd like amazing with the white tee. :3

Though, personally, I have more hoodies than I will ever need, so I may not even get one. :|

TheFinnGamer
07-01-2009, 07:15 AM
I prefer zip-ups too, but then there will be problems with the picture on the front, because it will splitted by the zipper

pkGamerB
07-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I prefer zip-ups too, but then there will be problems with the picture on the front, because it will splitted by the zipper I have several zip up hoodies with pictures and/or words on them. It doesn't bother me (I don't know how hard it would be to make them, though). As long as it has a somewhat symmetric design, it should still look okay with a zipper.

StopDropAndBear
07-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I s'pose it all really depends on the retailer they're working with. Some provide really lousy quality zip-ups, some charge you a heckuva a lot (especially compared to pullovers) to make them, and some don't provide the option at all.

I'm always in the market for a comfy and ridiculously oversized pullover, so this is fine for me (although I definitely agree that zippies offer a lot more freedom). And the store's going to be around for a while, there will always be more opportunities to expand the stock. (:

CommentatorGuy
07-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I am pretty impressed by you guys who are saying things like "its gotta be atleast $25" and stuff like that. I mean most people just think about how they want to get it as cheap as possible (which I understand) but alot of you guys recognize that its a big help to TSG to help keep it alive.

You guys are freaken awesome to say the least.

caramelslice
07-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I prefer zip-ups too, but then there will be problems with the picture on the front, because it will splitted by the zipper I have several zip up hoodies with pictures and/or words on them. It doesn't bother me (I don't know how hard it would be to make them, though). As long as it has a somewhat symmetric design, it should still look okay with a zipper.
Or you can sport the design on the back of the hoodie. All big for everyone to see X3

pkGamerB
07-02-2009, 02:43 PM
That would be pretty sweet! _awesome_

pikminsquad2148
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
There should be a contest for hoodie designs where we could make our own then submit them and the Top 3 make it into the final vote. :-O

Shannon
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Or you can sport the design on the back of the hoodie. All big for everyone to see X3
Ooo. On the back is would be really cool. :3
Also - I have a lot of hoodies that zip up that have designs that go over the front. I think it's super rad, actually, to have that.

Azuken
07-03-2009, 02:01 PM
This is what I think should be the design for the hoodie:

I would like to see a zip up hoodie, but a pull over would be fine as well. Some random color other then black or white. Green or red would be cool. I think the design should go on the front of the hoodie (Not centered, something different, be unique. And I think somewhere on the actual hood it should say TSG. Then maybe in somewhat small printing, right where the end of the hood meets the back it should have www.thespeedgamers.com (http://www.thespeedgamers.com).

All that priced at about $30 (Or more, me personally, Ive spent $80 - $100 on hoodies before), would be great.

I know for Zip-Up hoodies, alot of companies go with American Apparel hoodies then put their own design on them somehow (Not that cheap Iron on crap). Just an Idea.

Fullsilverwolf
07-03-2009, 02:03 PM
$25-$30 seems fair, Anything over and I probably won't be able to get it. =|

caramelslice
07-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Well, if it were a zip-up, you could have a design or logo go on the left chest area too.

coolasj19
07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
25 seems good. I mean, I paid 30 for an oversized non-hoodie from Phantom Regiment (if you don't know what that is, they're a drum corps. yeeeeaahhh) from a stadium. so somewhere in there, 25-30. But again, I'm poor XD my bank problems were all sorted out tho, for those of you that heard about that. Yay!
you have no idead how much Phantom Regiment has been drilled into my head. my Drumline teacher ( Hoskins ) wrote our music so much the Paul Rennick our TCGC judge thought Paul wrote it.

25$ for a hoodie would be awesome. especially since all i wear is hoodies :P
they really keep the heat off during summer. But even though i know the TGS logo is Black Emblem on White Material i honestly think it would be better White Emblem On Black. Black makes the hoodie appear WAY less dirty. And black absorbs heat which is the purpose of hoodies. im really looking foward to these. on the side note of Pull-Over VS Zip-up? i prefer Pull-over better designs i feel but Zipup would be just as good too.

Qmiser
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
you have no idead how much Phantom Regiment has been drilled into my head. my Drumline teacher ( Hoskins ) wrote our music so much the Paul Rennick our TCGC judge thought Paul wrote it.

OMG I LOOOOOOOOVE Phantom Regiment! I would love to get a hoodie from them. All I got is a Spartacus shirt and an awesome hat.*wants to join Phantom*

Oh, and to say something relevant to the topic: I can't wait to see what the hoodies might look like!

iHeart_Absol
07-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, I voted $25 because that would be the most possible price for me. Otherwise, I would never ever get a hoodie just because I can't afford it...

I really do like the idea of a darker color with the lighter design on it.