PDA

View Full Version : brisingr

kmmgreen5
10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
k there are no other topics in the thread i suggested so i'll start some topics

ya shiver me timbers I be a pirate and havent gotten round to reading it yet but my friend read it said it was awesome

its like the 3rd book in a triology but apprently it was too big so its gonna be 4 books now etc. etc.

MSico
10-28-2008, 12:55 AM
I've read Eragon (but it took me a loooong time, because I hated the beginning), and while it does borrow heavily from the hero's journey method of story, it is a pretty good series so far. I need to pick up Eldest though :?

kmmgreen5
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
you should it gets alot better more action less traveling

Kurono
10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Too bad Christopher can't follow his own map he made himself. -_-
There were times when I was reading Eragon and Eldest and he'd be like, "And so blah blah went here from here" and me, being the loser I am went to check the map and was like, "How in gods name did that happen? O.o"

A lot of my friend who read them had the same experience so I know I wasn't doing it wrong.

My sister has Brisingr, but I need to read it still. She's gonna let me borrow it. Then I'll pick it up for myself eventually just to add to the collection. Maybe for x-mas.

opensmith
03-15-2009, 08:16 PM
In my opinion the Inheritance Cycle Rocks!!! Best fantasy titles I have read. I cannot wait for the next book. I definitely would recommend the series to anyone and everyone.
Paolini FTW!!

coolasj19
06-24-2009, 05:48 PM
There were times when I was reading Eragon and Eldest and he'd be like, "And so blah blah went here from here" and me, being the loser I am went to check the map and was like, "How in gods name did that happen? O.o"
haha i did that same thing. but yea i enjoyed the series but i cant wait for the 4th book. the middle of all o the books were definantly their low points if i remember right.

basher
08-12-2009, 09:32 AM
It's an entertaining story but he is a pretty poor writer. He extends the length of his books by adding arbitrary details in an effort to make his writing come off as Tolkein ... but it tends to be entirely too dumbed down. I really like the story but it is clear he took liberties from a lot of other sci-fi stories (and to be honest it liberally takes a lot from Star Wars.) (*SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ BRISINGR*) I also do not like the fact that he has the audacity to extend it to a fourth book when clearly he stated that it was a trilogy. To me it comes off as he was making a decent chunk of change and decided to extend the cash cow.

Masamune
08-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I think Inheritance is a pretty decent series. Not the best in the world, but decent enough. I feel the series suffers, though, from numoerous things...

I know! I mean, in Eragon, him and Murtagh take a month to travel from Dras-Leona to Gil'ead, then it takes around a week to travel from there to the Varden in the Farthen Dur! I mean dear Lord...

First thing I thought when I put down Brisingr; "Paolini... you copying b*stard." How the hell did he get away with copying so much from Star Wars and LotR!? Being a large fan of both, I was outraged! (At least he didn't take anything from the Prequel Trilogy... That would've destroyed Inheritance)

But, other than that, it's a enjoyable series... To an extent. Pointlessly long though, and it doesn't help that Paolini is a bad writer...