PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Order!

MartyTurco
07-13-2009, 07:32 PM
i have been watching the speed gamers since they first started zelda when chuggaconroy told me! and i have been waiting forever for final fantasy...and i just read that there not doing them in order! is that true and if it is do you know why...it doesnt matter that much

5t0k35
07-13-2009, 07:33 PM
They said it was because the players have work amd such.

MartyTurco
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
They said it was because the players have work amd such.
o so the times were its one persons time to play and there at work they play another game

5t0k35
07-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't think they released a schedule, yet. Also, your sig, no. Just no :P

localretard
07-13-2009, 08:44 PM
As someone else said, the games will not be played in order due to scheduling conflicts with peoples' personal life. It happens :P

MSico
07-13-2009, 10:26 PM
This whole dang SYSTEM is out of order!

Kilgard
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
as local said some of us have very little free time, I'm really only open the one day i took of work just to play Final Fantasy.

Qmiser
07-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Yea, amazingly people actually have lives to live outside of TSG. Blasphemy I know, but it's just how things work. Luckily I have all next week free due to no school! Won't be there on Saturday due to practice from 10-4 and Sunday I have to go to church so I'll be gone for about two hours (giving me time to get ready, there and back).

Stupid real life...

CommentatorGuy
07-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Yah normally we like to keep the games in an order that makes sense like release order or storyline order but when it comes to final fantasy and how insanely long it is going to take we couldn't work the games into any kind of order due to everyone's times conflicting. So sadly this time the games are being played in the order that is most convenient to the players. Sorry about that guys but when it comes to a marathon that is 168 hours long it was unavoidable =( Even though we lose our normal logical order of gameplay we will be adding in new things to spice it up so don't worry <3

MSico
07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Well the stories in the Final Fantasy games have nothing to do with each other anyway, so that won't be a problem. :D

Richord
07-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Well the stories in the Final Fantasy games have nothing to do with each other anyway, so that won't be a problem. :D
Aren't FFX and FFXI (I'm not sure) connected? >.>

Jamesdh17
07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Aren't FFX and FFXI (I'm not sure) connected? >.>

I haven't played FFXI so forgive me if I'm wrong but could you be talking about FFX-2 instead of FFXI?

MSico
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Since X-2 is not considered as an entry in the main series, it will not be played. :P So the stories in the games being played (http://www.thespeedgamers.com) don't have any order to follow.

Essentia
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Since X-2 is not considered as an entry in the main series, it will not be played. :P
Let me personally thank you with all my heart for this. ;)

JaggerG
07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Phil, I think the main issue is that people aren't going to be able to figure out if they can see a certain game on a certain day. Can you tell us at least the first couple games being played? Obviously after that it's going to be quite variable.

Richord
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Well that's a relief. I never was a fan of a few of the later games :)

MartyTurco
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Well that's a relief. I never was a fan of a few of the later games :)
i never did either! i havnt realy played any of them but i have always wanted to see a marathon forever BTW love the sign..i want to move there really bad

MSico
07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Phil, I think the main issue is that people aren't going to be able to figure out if they can see a certain game on a certain day. Can you tell us at least the first couple games being played? Obviously after that it's going to be quite variable.

the games being played (http://www.thespeedgamers.com)

This is the order silly goose _awesome_

JaggerG
07-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Ohhhhhhhh I feel like a dummy-face-head-dude thanks Phil. Game order subject to change. Constantly.

MSico
07-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Potentially, but the order that those are in right now should account for enough time for them to be played as written. All of the players with other errands and stuff to do (me, Kil, Cross, Local) are right up front and the rest are pretty much available whenever, except Blackduck and Daniel M's games are towards the end because they are busy at the start.

So that SHOULD be the order you see 'em! _awesome_ _hat_ _hat_ _triforce_

Also you're not a dummy face head dude ;)