PDA

View Full Version : Other Interests?

Masamune
07-19-2009, 02:29 AM
We know that most people on here enjoy gaming. So, what do you do with your free time other than game?

I personally write, read, or surf the net. I'll always remain a geek! _awesome_

Froznpanther
07-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Poker is my biggest passion. i play pool every sunday cause its free, i even have a $250 Mcdermott pool cue http://www.shopmcdermottcue.com/McDermo ... e/m2ww.jpg (http://www.shopmcdermottcue.com/McDermott/images/poolcue/m2ww.jpg)

other activities include Fire, trucks and mudding, or just driving around and find where new dirt roads lead.

In door...Games...Movies...and sometimes TV....Computer also takes up my time...

Letifer
07-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Hm~
Singing, drawing, writing, photoing....
I have a small thing for archery, I haven't tested it yet, but It seems fun~

MichaelDSweet
07-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Read, Roleplaying PnP Games, Magic: The Gathering, Toy with the computer.

Sonic62
07-19-2009, 11:22 AM
I guess, TV, movies and Sonic comics.

Letifer
07-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Oh, I forgot. I like to watch british criminal programmes and read mangas too.

Luigi110
07-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Big music person, sometimes do random skits with friends.

KatTheBard
07-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Music (I play flute, piccolo, and VERY bad percussion, and even worse electric bass). I was going to major in music education, but stuff happened and now I don't know.

I love to make and emulate fonts by hand. That is about the most I can do, art-wise. Even though I try. I don't usually like my drawing, but in a couple days I'll start my own art thread and let y'all be the judge =) and please, be kind....

I am an avid cook and I will try almost anything put in front of me, and try to make almost anything. I specialize in baking, though.

Sometimes I write...but I'm sort of ADHD in that category. :lol:

Thanks to TWEWY, I'm starting to want to design and sew my own clothes. But I'd be bad at that too, I'm sure. haha.

Also, I love numbers. numbersnumbersnumbers! I was born counting, I'm told. Statistics is my favorite. Call me crazy if you want.

caramelslice
07-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Aside from playing video games, I like to draw, listen to and make music, play D&D, play Magic the Gathering, role-play online, watch animation, experiment in the kitchen, and try various foods.

Fullsilverwolf
07-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I like to draw a lot and watch late night movies with my mom :3

BlackExcalibur
07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Let's see, I like to watch some anime, read manga, read comics, write, listen to music, and take walks. Sometimes I'll try and make RPG's in RPG Maker XP/VX but they never come out right.

TheFinnGamer
07-19-2009, 03:00 PM
singing ,tennis and drawing this is the stuff which I spend the must time on .... except for videogames

Overload
07-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Chess, making my own games, surfing the web (I do this a lot), and though I haven't played in a while, Magic: The Gathering.

Kainen134
07-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Board games, surfing the web, learning new subjects, and widening the range of what I can do. Above all: trying to better myself

Haruka
07-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Metal music, the link somehow contains the style, Favorite Bands Thread (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=778&p=36872#p36872)

And during the best nights, getting around with the police, I assume. I can really act like a teenager when it's about those nights. :lol:

Jromero1208
07-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Even though I have always loved video games my true passion was always baseball. Baseball was my life for ten years. I watched baseball, i had a blog about baseball, and I played two to three full seasons of baseball every year until the end of this past season I broke my ankle sliding into third base. I finished the game but had to go to the hospital afterwords where they told me my baseball career was over. :cry:

But if it weren't for that I would never have found TSG so i guess it at least ended well.

Shigure71
07-21-2009, 03:15 AM
I like to draw, make pokemon sprite fusions, sleep, and listen to remix's of 8-bit and 16-bit music.

MiniKitty
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
When I'm home I'm normally on the computer, and that's mostly just facebook and YouTube. Or I'll play around in photoshop and just spend hours changing pictures. Otherwise I like to read a lot, listen to music, and I'm always up for cooking and baking things. I also like to draw, but I really don't think I'm that great at it. I'm also now senior editor of my school yearbook, so I spend a lot of time working on things related to that.

If I'm going out, I normally just hang out with friends. We mainly just chill at someone's house and watch movies or play games or play ping pong or something. Swimming a lot is fun too, and photography's another hobby of mine. I also love just walking around and going to a park or something.

There's plenty more, but I can't really think of much now.

LegendOfCookies
07-21-2009, 07:21 PM
This is something i REALLY love to do but really suck at...

singing...

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
07-21-2009, 07:23 PM
for me, i enjoy doing Jiggsaw Puzzles (needs to be something over 1000pieces to be considered challenging), anime, manga, music, used to watch Kyle XY with my mom (till it got canceled :( ) cutting paper snowflakes, and other stuff

Sariena
07-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Soccer and TV-Series :-)

KatTheBard
07-21-2009, 07:27 PM
cutting paper snowflakes

I got a book of those for Christmas when I was 4. I loved them so much!!!! I need to go get another book. ^_^;

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
07-21-2009, 07:30 PM
cutting paper snowflakes

I got a book of those for Christmas when I was 4. I loved them so much!!!! I need to go get another book. ^_^;

i cut them all free hand, no tracing, no designs, just a pair of sissors and some paper

Samuraiiuk
07-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Hmm...Other interests than playing games?

Well I guess I could....Call myself a movie buff?

I can't go a week without watching at least one movie, Pulp Fiction, Scarface, Back To The Future (Love them), Gladiator, all awesome movies, I quote lines from them all the time, really I'm so nerdy, I'll be doing really good in an FPS game and I'll just start shouting out "YOU NEED A WHOLE ARMY TO TAKE ME!" (Scarface)

:)

whoawhereami
07-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I play piano, but I despise practicing. :-P I also do a lot of art, and recently got into hotography and DIY clothing (I'm just turning t-shirts into hoodies 'cause I'm a n0ob XD).
On the computer, I spend hours on Facebook, Youtube, Piknik, and will sometimes lurk through the infamous image board that will not be named.

phistoh
07-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I really like listening and creating music. I also like amateur-photography and watching the Simpsons. :D

LegendOfCookies
07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh i also forgot drawing stuff the reason i don't post my drawings on my art topic is because they look like they were drawn by a two year old...

cutting paper snowflakes

you have gained like a billion awesome points for that because paper snowflakes are FTW :P

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
07-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh i also forgot drawing stuff the reason i don't post my drawings on my art topic is because they look like they were drawn by a two year old...

cutting paper snowflakes

you have gained like a billion awesome points for that because paper snowflakes are FTW :P

yayz, i feel special,

it's addictive i tell you, once you start you can't stop, plus i do them all free hand, never trace them, just free hand

aStupidGecko
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I like just about anything to do with geckos *looks at my name* I'm sure you know why

07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
other than the obvious, I listen to techno, think about elaborate things, create elaborate things, Study C++, Fix A/C's, Fix Dryers, Fix pool's, Think about sterling engines Wankle engines and other types of engines, plan cities inside head, and lastly thinking about why countries where/is successful.

Bakanekokao
07-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I:
am learning how to make plushies
draw a lot
am picking back up the guitar
I like to sing/train my voice
play with my pets
sleep
practice with hair stuff, such as styling hair
and shop

>.>

KatTheBard
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
cutting paper snowflakes
i cut them all free hand, no tracing, no designs, just a pair of sissors and some paper
Yeah, but I'm really bad at that. XDDD

WWAI: Yeah, when I was planning on doing music for a living...I loved doing it, but I HATED practicing. And DIY stuff is sosososo much fun. I just read through all the Shoujo Beat articles about DIY stuff and I'm all pumped. XD
Gecko: I actually have no idea why you like geckos so much. No, I'm serious. Tell me plz?

the dragon tor
07-24-2009, 11:09 AM
I like watching movies, F1 (am quite obsessive about cars), I like being active, but the weather here has not been very cooperative about that, reading, drawing, hanging out with my friends, FENCING (that is huge in my life right now)

...Is it just me, or is this starting to sound like a personal ad? lol. I'm done now, and can show myself out.

Darklight18818
07-24-2009, 11:16 AM
surf net and read books thats about it

NicoCW
07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Does making video games count?

Other than playing games...

-Making Music
-Creating Characters
-Writing Stories
-Biology / Marine Biology
-Astronomy
-Making my own Theories on how Life and the Universe were Created
-Swimming
-Hiking
-Exploring Places no one else wants to
-Debates (although I'm too shy to be in one)
-Searching Random Stuff on Google

Rubberduckzilla
07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Trying to be the gaming legend the five year old inside me wants.
Trying to be the best intellect in my class the fifty year old inside me wants.

e_______e

Demon2k3
07-25-2009, 06:15 AM
Hmm what do i like to do besides playing games?

Well here is a select list of what i like to do
- Be with friends
- Listen to music
- Read (Mostly social work magazines, but also psychological thrillers and some manga)
- Watch movies
- Discuss thing, altho there isn't that many i know that i can discuss with
This was some of the things.

Snowy620
07-25-2009, 07:12 AM
I draw, mess around in GIMP, talk to friend on AIM, or just surf the net.

5t0k35
07-25-2009, 09:22 AM
I am willing to bet no one will have seen this coming /sarcasm.
[spoiler:2zr5qvnp]Hockey[/spoiler:2zr5qvnp]

Seifer
07-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Writing (I wish I could do more of it for myself, but most of it is work-related), drawing, messing with my acoustic, watching movies, exercising and partaking of nature photography WHILE I exercise. There are few things more fun than running around a forest and nearly flying off a cliff while trying to take a picture of a bird.

Razlu
07-25-2009, 10:47 AM
I watch anime, read novels or manga, hang with friends or....>_> <_< even run :o

WindWaker910
07-25-2009, 01:08 PM
I like to play sports, and hang out with my friends and cousins. But I'm usually just sitting on the computer. >.>

Karter
07-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I just play guitar

Mezix
07-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Love to play soccer. :)

SilverShadows
07-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, as far as other interests go, I enjoy:

-Reading
-Writing
-Photography
-Astrology
-Psychology
-Debating
-Hiking/Camping
-Cars (Types, such as motors and body working)

There's much more, but for the sake of simple posts, I won't add it. :)

Trombonus
07-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, as my screen name implies I play the Trombone, but I also write and teach music as well. I also like to write regular stories in addition to music.

I have an innate fondness for collecting things. I think that's why I gravitate towards Pokemon so much. I collect numerous things from Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards to Keychains and special decks of regular playing cards.

And of course...we all know about my obsession with The Transformers. XD

gama-chan
07-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I used to draw but then I found out I suck. So instead now I make mediocre videos on youtube. And I also play with my puppy, other than that not much. I'll think of some more stuff later lol.

Qmiser
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
<--- band geek. I honestly consider myself truly born about six years ago when I joined band class and began learning music. It has changed my life so much that I honestly don't think I can live without it anymore. So I plan on doing something with music, maybe music education or something like that, who knows.

Other than music and gaming/computers, I really don't have one set interest. I usually move from one thing to another getting really focused and then go to something else. Music and computers are the only universal thing for me.

iKrys
07-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I absolutely love music, but I can't play any sort of instrument - I hate it, I don't have any co-ordination, but other then that, Photography is another one of my big hobbies. I love my camera, it's my baby. Also very interested in Dance.

SpectacleG
07-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Paintball is my passion.

[spoiler:3nz3n6la]I&#39;m in the foreground:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v58/144/21/42408941/n42408941_31399885_3147.jpg[/spoiler:3nz3n6la]

Other than that:
-I help out with planning and promoting in the Green Light Anti-Zombie Squad so if you see me mention it a few times, don't be alarmed haha. (we're a group of "militia style" cosplayers who go to various cons for either promotional purposes or to put on panels on Zombie Survival. Most recent panel was at New York Comic Con 09)

-I am one of the chairpersons of Johnson and Wales University's Anime and Gaming Club.

-I read a ton. I've finished maybe 10 books so far this summer (which is light for me).

-I write stories in my spare time. Currently in the middle of planning one of my longest stories yet.

-I do a bit of Photography as well as Photoshop work.

-I enjoy building computers from scratch. Currently looking to upgrade my gaming rig.

HarleyQuinn
07-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Aside from gaming, I enjoy exploring photoshop and illustrator. I used to do ceramic pottery with my mom and aunt but now I only do it when I'm in the mood. I also enjoy reading manga and watching anime. My current obsession is electro house music. I love listening to it every single day..

CactusChef
07-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Hmmm...other interests? I like photography. I take a lot of pictures whenever I go hiking or traveling. I want to take lesser quantity, more quality pictures.

I do some running. I used to play tennis. I was never really good at it, but it was fun.

Other than that, I like anime. I'll watch mostly anything.

skynetmain
07-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Reading, writing and television are my main non-gaming interests. Sadly, I only get more nerdy in each of them.

Reading: Mostly manga, books on physics and gaming magazines.
Writing: Sci-fi and fantasy stories that are basically low quality (personal opinion) fanfics.
TV: I tend to watch Discovery Channel and MSNBC all day and in the evenings followed by anime before I go to bed.

On the plus side, I love getting out to play sports when I can. I love playing soccer and ultimate frisbee.

Carnage
07-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I read alot, try and get into manga, watch a lot of anime, attempt computer programming and web designing, mostly everything done inside.

PKMN4Ever
07-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Umm... reading, drawing, listening to music :P