PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft

Shigure71
07-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Talk about WarCraft 1, 2 and 3. =D

Stuff like
- Which one is your favo(u)rite.
- Why do you like that one more then the others.

And I guess you could post your battle net info so you can take on other people through battle net.

Well, my favourite one is III, it looks the best and plays the best (in my opion) and I like the maps alot.

PS - Sorry if this topic was made in the past.
PS2/PPS/PSS - No World of Warcraft talk please.

Kainen134
07-24-2009, 02:38 AM
I personally haven't had the opportunity to play 1 or 2 :-(
But, I loved 3! :-D Only problem with that is I loved it too much...the disc is scratch up like a leather couch.

Shigure71
07-24-2009, 02:47 AM
I personally haven't had the opportunity to play 1 or 2 :-(
But, I loved 3! :-D Only problem with that is I loved it too much...the disc is scratch up like a leather couch.

Sorry to hear that.

Kainen134
07-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Eh, I can always try to repair it. Or just go out and by the Warcraft chest. Speaking of which, do you know how one can play 1 or 2 on a vista or xp? I've looked everywhere and can't find a way.

Shigure71
07-24-2009, 03:12 AM
Yea, some one I know got WarCraft two or one on XP a few years ago, I can't remember how because I was pretty young at the time.

linkisbeastmode
07-24-2009, 08:35 AM
I really like warcraft 3 i feel the gamplay and story are better than 1 and 2.

Fiends
07-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Each one advances on the others. Yes, 1 and 2 were incredible for their time but 3 has to be better. If you still have your CD-key you can go to the Blizzard store and download Warcraft 3 for free. A patch released awhile ago included a No-CD feature so you can play the game without a CD, a great idea since most peoples CD's were getting old.

Warcraft 2 has no problems playing on XP, if you purchase the battle chest you get Warcraft 2 BNET edition with Warcraft 3 and the expansion. Warcraft 1 requires DOSBOX, a DOS emulator and to be honest it's difficult to play, it looks very, very "old".

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/092202/screens/warcraft1.jpg

I have quite a few opinions on the games and the improvements and what I didn't like but I don't want this post to be 12 paragraphs long. My account name on USEast (Azeroth) is Fiends

Hit me up for a game.

Oculin
07-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I only played Warcraft 2, fun game was fun though. Much like Starcraft though after awhile i just played the user made maps.

Kainen134
07-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Fiends: I'm in the Blizzard store under the Warcraft section. Where do I go to DL 3? I have the key on me.
P.S. At times I'm blind as a tree.

Fiends
07-25-2009, 10:25 AM
First you need to register then go to "Account" and go to "Add a Game".

It will ask for the game key, enter it then...

PPPPPPSSSSHHHZZZZ! (If you have headphones or speakers) and it's added.

Kainen134
07-25-2009, 02:50 PM
XD It all seems so simple. Haha, thank you Fiends :-D

Fiends
07-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Not a problem. Glad to help. :)

Snpsalt
07-28-2009, 06:30 AM
I've only played two and three but by far three is my favorite. Why? Well because of DoTA of course :D I haven't played it in a very long time however :( But the story in the campaigns is great! I love Warcraft lore and there is so much more Blizzard could do with this series if they ever chose to do so!

Fergus
05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm going to bump this since I've become re-addicted to Battle.net on Warcraft III (and to avoid creating a new topic) and was wondering if anyone else plays on B.net (for WC III).

deadbrain
05-23-2010, 08:55 PM
I liked warcraft 2 the most. Didnt really enjoy 1.

i havnt played 3, but from what i have heard about it, it doesn't sound like i would enjoy it all that much...

I absolutely loved 2, and there was one map i played, that i couldnt ever find again. i was playing it, and my parents told me to take a bath, and so i asked my brother to save it for me, but my father closed it out before my brother could. didnt come as much of a suprise, since he is the kind of guy who will throw away belongings of others in the family without asking if its important or not, which it usually is. so, yea...never found that map again, and whats worse is, the CD went missing for about 6-12 years(i dont remember <.<), we finally found it, and it wont work on any of our computers now...

it stinks! >=(

MultipurposeGamer
05-24-2010, 08:09 AM
I have to say, I do not like warcraft. It took the life of my friend. Metaphorically of course. That's all he plays now, haha. Must be a good game though.

Richord
06-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I really only ever played 3. I enjoyed every moment of it, but I was terribad at the game.

loki456
06-17-2010, 12:32 PM
I have been a big fan of the warcraft franchise since playing warcraft on my first computer. The lore in them is pretty awesome and they got better every edition. Warcraft 3's introduction of a map editor was pretty serious business and spawned some great new game types. DOTA / keep defense

Kadgar34
06-20-2010, 09:07 PM
The Warcraft RTSes are one of my favourite games, Warcraft 2 was one of the first PC games I played and my nickname is a typo of one of the characters (Khadgar) in Warcraft 2.

Out of Warcraft 1, 2 and 3, Warcraft 3 is probably my favourite.