Pages : [1] 2

Sonic62
07-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Pocket Monsters! :lol:

Mega_Mario
07-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Pocket Monsters! :lol:
Go Pokemon!

Hm... I kind of thought today was Saturday. Then I realized the new episode is tomorrow.

I haven't played Platinum for quite awhile. I'll get back to it soon.

TheFinnGamer
07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I started chaining, but I'm baaaad, my longest chain is 9 atm.
Can someone give me advise?

Brineboy
07-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I need to go and finish the elite 4 on platinum still. Anyone know a good place to train flying types?

the1stpkmnfan
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I just though today wasnt friday for some reason. XD So now I cant wait for the next episode tomorrow morning.

CodeZTM
07-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Snagged Latios. I have completed my pokedex and caught them all. =D

So now I'm going to stop playing pokemon and get anticipated up for HG/SS.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode too.

TwilightWarrior
07-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Congrads, Code. :D Must have been real tough to get every single Pokemon. I also can't wait for tomorrow's episode. I wonder what Froslass will sound like...

LegendOfCookies
07-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Woo hoo topic 4!!! well i'm trying to catch all the pokemon i really need to do a better job... *slaps self*

Scruff
07-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I need to get Platinum soon, since I haven't gotten around to picking it up. I also can't wait for HG and SS. :D

AlanEdgeHead
07-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Now that the marathon is over, I can transition all of my focus onto Platinum so I can inch closer and closer to beating it.

NicoCW
07-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I started chaining, but I'm baaaad, my longest chain is 9 atm.
Can someone give me advise?Don't mean to discourage you, but chaining is a huge pain. The best advice I can give you is:

DO NOT Step in grass if:
-It's shaking less than the previous one
-It's touching a solid object
-It's on the edge of the patch
-It's next to another shaking patch
-Less than 4 other patches are shaking

When you see the grass shake, a "ring" forms around your player. Only step in grass that's in the 4th ring, which is 4 steps away from your player in any direction. After 4 STRAIGHT steps, you can move anywhere in the ring.
http://3a.img.v4.skyrock.net/3a2/shiniesmen/pics/1359558116_small.jpg
^Only step in grass in ring 4.

Also, bring at least 200 Max Repels. You'll need them. Also keep in mind that chains can break for no reason.

TheFinnGamer
07-25-2009, 11:21 AM
]Don't mean to discourage you, but chaining is a huge pain. The best advice I can give you is:

DO NOT Step in grass if:
-It's shaking less than the previous one
-It's touching a solid object
-It's on the edge of the patch
-It's next to another shaking patch
-Less than 4 other patches are shaking

When you see the grass shake, a "ring" forms around your player. Only step in grass that's in the 4th ring, which is 4 steps away from your player in any direction. After 4 STRAIGHT steps, you can move anywhere in the ring.
^Only step in grass in ring 4.

Also, bring at least 200 Max Repels. You'll need them. Also keep in mind that chains can break for no reason.

Thx for all the advise, I know it will be hard, but I'm taking my DS with me for my vacation, wish me the best of luck _awesome_
*prints the picture*

Mega_Mario
07-25-2009, 11:33 AM
I saw the new episode earlier. It wasn't too bad. It showed quite a bit of north Sinnoh. A lot of snow.

Seifer
07-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Whyyyyyy can't I catch a Chansey in the Safari Zoooooone

Haaaaaaaaaate

the1stpkmnfan
07-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh hey thanks for the adive Nico. I never tried out Chaining, but from your description Im gonna give it a shot.

I overslept again, and missed the episode. But YouTube is my friend. :D

ditto493
07-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I try chaining every once in a while with no success, the closest I've ever come to chaining a Shiny was about 35 Smeargal in a row on my Diamond. Going by a video I saw on YouTube, a Shiny will appear on the 40th Pokemon.

YouTube is my friend too, Pokefan! I also overslept.

the1stpkmnfan
07-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I saw the episode, and it was cool. Nice to see Froslass has debut in the anime, and the voice was excellent. I'd like to talk about the episode, but I dont want to spoil too much. Which I hate to do, since it just aired today. Though, it's not really a spoiler anymore, and I could talk about it. :P Maybe more later.

Scruff
07-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Now, I'm not new to Pokemon or anything, but I've never heard of chaining. Is that how you find shiny Pokemon and also, why do you have to take 4 steps in one direction? If you were near the edge of a patch of grass and then stepped out of it, would you be able to go around to the fourth ring of grass?

LegendOfCookies
07-25-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm trying to chain but i am failing MUST GO TO ALAN'S STREAM...

in other news i caught a sentret 5 seconds ago

my pokedex isn't going so well...

361 seen 224 obtained...

*slaps self* GET WORKING ON IT!

AlanEdgeHead
07-26-2009, 01:26 AM
My stream was fail. I had three chains fail in the late twenties. >_<

I blame it on the camera hat.

NicoCW
07-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Now, I'm not new to Pokemon or anything, but I've never heard of chaining. Is that how you find shiny Pokemon and also, why do you have to take 4 steps in one direction? If you were near the edge of a patch of grass and then stepped out of it, would you be able to go around to the fourth ring of grass?
It's because chaining is cruel like that. No real reason.

You can step out of the patch, but you can't walk too far away from it. I don't recommend stepping out, though. You should never need to.

AlanEdgeHead
07-26-2009, 08:06 AM
I try chaining every once in a while with no success, the closest I've ever come to chaining a Shiny was about 35 Smeargal in a row on my Diamond. Going by a video I saw on YouTube, a Shiny will appear on the 40th Pokemon.

YouTube is my friend too, Pokefan! I also overslept.

A Shiny Pokemon does NOT appear right when you get to 40. When you get to 40, that's the maximum you can raise your chances of finding a Shiny Pokemon. It raises the chances from like 1/8,000 to 1/200, so it still might take a while to get a Shiny after making it to 40.

The important thing to remember is Stop going into patches of grass once you hit 40. Just keep resetting the Radar until you see a Shiny Patch. Increasing the number past 40 does not increase the chance of finding a Shiny, you only risks breaking your chain.

Tanexion
07-26-2009, 11:05 AM
I saw the episode, and it was cool. Nice to see Froslass has debut in the anime, and the voice was excellent. I'd like to talk about the episode, but I dont want to spoil too much. Which I hate to do, since it just aired today. Though, it's not really a spoiler anymore, and I could talk about it. :P Maybe more later.
I missed it because I overslept again (this is like the 4th week in a row lol) so I had to watch it in Japanese. It was a pretty cool episode. While I was at it, I watched the Pokeringer episode. That was a REALLY good episode.

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Im actually excited for Noodles: Roamin' Off! Since it's giving some back story of Team Rocket a bit. So Im looking forward to that.

Also, The Drifting Snorunt! episode is on YouTube already, and it's real good. :P

The Pokeringer episode, Im waiting for to be dubbed. Fact: That episode aired a day early before the Zeldathon.

Scruff
07-26-2009, 01:23 PM
You can step out of the patch, but you can't walk too far away from it. I don't recommend stepping out, though. You should never need to.
So basically as long as you only take a maximum of four steps outward in any direction, even out of the grass, it will still work?

Super_Yoshi!
07-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I forget, how do you obtain the Pokeradar? I haven't done anything in Platinum since I beat the Elite Four. >_>

Mega_Mario
07-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I forget, how do you obtain the Pokeradar? I haven't done anything in Platinum since I beat the Elite Four. >_>
You either visit Professor Rowan after finding/catching all 210 or visit Oak in Pal Park after talking to Rowan. I can't remember which.

CodeZTM
07-26-2009, 02:12 PM
You get the pokeradar after completing the sinnoh dex and talking to rowan.

SeriousKano
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
I never get past a chain of 29 or so. I wish I were better at this.

NicoCW
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM
So basically as long as you only take a maximum of four steps outward in any direction, even out of the grass, it will still work?Well, you shouldn't ever have to leave the grass while chaining. If you do, you're probably in a patch too small. The thing is, if you walk too far away from where you chained, it will end.

Scruff
07-26-2009, 06:16 PM
So basically as long as you only take a maximum of four steps outward in any direction, even out of the grass, it will still work?Well, you shouldn't ever have to leave the grass while chaining. If you do, you're probably in a patch too small. The thing is, if you walk too far away from where you chained, it will end.
So you can't be near the edge of the grass, okay.

AlanEdgeHead
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, I just thrashed my way through the Galactic Head Quarters in Veilstone then proceeded to scale Mt. Coronet and made my way into the Distortion World. Giratina was a pain to catch, I'll tell you that. But I finally caught him in a Dusk Ball. Now to talk to Rowan and venture on to the next town to obtain my eighth and final Gym Badge.

TheFinnGamer
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Well, I just thrashed my way through the Galactic Head Quarters in Veilstone then proceeded to scale Mt. Coronet and made my way into the Distortion World. Giratina was a pain to catch, I'll tell you that. But I finally caught him in a Dusk Ball. Now to talk to Rowan and venture on to the next town to obtain my eighth and final Gym Badge.

Giratina is a real pain to catch compared to Dialga/Palkia, I didn't have a sleep/paralyze Pokemon so I decided to use my Masterball!

My Pokédex grows more and more (321/108), I caught all the runners using this strategie:
1.Breed a Male Ralts which knows Meanlook (With a Male Apollo)
2.Level it to 43 without evolving, then it learns Hypnosis
3.Evolve it into Gallade.
4.Teach it False Swipe
5.Level it to a high level.
6.Catch the runners!

DiZaster321
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
ZOMG!!! i hate hatching eggs, but i have new egg move poke's for trade
Curse-Larvitar
Dragon Dance-Bagon (Rage, Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, Rain Dance)
more to come, PM me with a request. _awesome_

Slowflake
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me.

So the formula determining the voting pool for stage 3 of the suspect ladder includes "controversy factors" for each suspect... and there's controversy on the controversy factors! Yeesh. You know what that means... there'll be controversy on that controversy too. The vote is supposed to be what settles the controversy, not the reverse!

Now I'm starting to understand why the casual players mock us so much.

Haruka
07-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I'll go way off-topic, but I just really had this feeling of total randomness. :lol:

Go to a dictionary, e. g. here (http://dictionary.reference.com/translate), put in the system to translate from Finnish to English, and type in "Paras", the name of the Pokemon, as you can see.

Paras is definitely worth it's name. Since 1999.

Brineboy
07-27-2009, 07:16 PM

So the formula determining the voting pool for stage 3 of the suspect ladder includes "controversy factors" for each suspect... and there's controversy on the controversy factors! Yeesh. You know what that means... there'll be controversy on that controversy too. The vote is supposed to be what settles the controversy, not the reverse!

Is it ok if I didnt understand anything you just said?

Fullsilverwolf
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I'll go way off-topic, but I just really had this feeling of total randomness. :lol:

Go to a dictionary, e. g. here (http://dictionary.reference.com/translate), put in the system to translate from Finnish to English, and type in "Paras", the name of the Pokemon, as you can see.

That was so random Haruka :lol:
But you do make a good point, didn't see that coming.

Shiron
07-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Eh... Suspect Experience is just to make sure that people who are voting are actually in a position to know what they're talking about, and not simply going 'LOL Tail Glow Manaphy is teh Ubers!!!" without actually having ever used it or even faced it. The actual weighting in the formula is what has to do with Controversy. Skymin is weighted the most (which really means that you had to use it more than the other suspects to qualify) because of how it's Suspect-test really wasn't handled... the best and most properly it could have been, and I believe the first vote was really close too. Then Garchomp, just so people aren't going off the old biases and are actually using it in a Platinum-metagame now, and so on. It really isn't too bad, IMO.

And yeah Brineboy, that's perfectly understandable if you don't visit Smogon and keep tabs on the Suspect process (the process for deciding which Pokemon are Uber/BL) there.

Slowflake
07-28-2009, 05:30 AM
I'm not complaining about the formula itself, using weighted experience is a brilliant formula, actually. You could achieve a high rating by making a team designed to counter the suspects, but your experience with the ladder is then meaningless because you focused on the suspects because they were suspects. The thing is, a lot of people aren't in agreement at the factors for Garchomp and Latios, and think those two are foregone conclusions already.

And don't worry Brineboy, you're not missing out on TOO much. One day you're gonna wake up and some Pokés will be downgraded to OU, and some others promoted to ubers, and that'll be it.

Ulsega
07-28-2009, 11:22 AM

Yeah, theres a point where something is so far from the truth its not even funny; and I think paras' name manages fit that description. Paras>Mewtwo! :lol:

Slowflake
07-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Last Resort's Japanese name is The Best. Clearly Last Resort Paras would be the ultimate force!

This reminds me of something I've read on the Diablo 2 beta, where the description for Corpse Explosion simply read "The Best Skill Ever". I'm not making this up, either. And then the game came out, and they gave the description to Whirlwind instead. Okay, THAT I'm making up.

the1stpkmnfan
07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Next episode title revealed

DP118 "Pursuing a Lofty Goal!"

August 8, 2009

ditto493
07-29-2009, 01:20 PM
So when the the Finnish say, "I'm the best trainer ever!" they are actually saying, "I'm the Paras trainer ever!"? LOL

So far on my Platinum Pokedex I have seen: 406 Pokemon and I Own: 329 Pokemon.

P.S. Hey Pokefan, where did that picture of Dawn you're using for your Avitar come from?

the1stpkmnfan
07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Glad you ask. It's from the 12th movie, and of course from some preview pics. Specifically,

[spoiler:3v8vm483]it&#39;s during this scene where Ash and Dawn are swimming. This is the pic I used, but Ill look for the others:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/allax__2007/movie12.jpg[/spoiler:3v8vm483]

ditto493
07-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Ohh, thanks Pokefan. I thought that either it was her new clothing for a new season or that she got new contest clothes.

CodeZTM
07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Time for an update on the little pokemon prodigy [my little sister].

Soo... I'm gonna skip talking about how she trashed all the gym leaders left in the area, defeated team galatic without batting a lash and got to the elite four. =D

Well, except for the part where when she saw Giratina she went "AHHHH! SCARY DRAGON! DIE DIE DIE!!!!" and killed it. >.> Yeah....

When facing the elite four and after abusing the VS seeker near Sunyshore...

Lv 60 Alakazam
Lv 53 Blissy
Lv 62 Empoleon
Lv 70 Infernape [Traded from my nephew to her for Roserade]
Lv 57 Mamoswine [She loves Dawn's from Pokemon Galatic Battle so I had to trade her it... LOL]
Lv 50 Ambipom [Again... She loves Dawn's...]

Soo... She went up against Aaron, which Infernape's fire type took care of in an instant, and Empoleon taking care of Drapion.

Bertha was no hope against her Alakazam and Empoleon. [Alakazam's Energy BAll took down her Wiscash in case you were wondering].

Infernape's fighting type took down Houndoom while Empoleon swept the rest of the team.

Thanks to Blissy and some well placed Toxic attacks as well as other lovely attacks from Ambipom and U-Turning, Lucian was no trouble at all.

Then came Cynthia... oooh. It was such a big shock to her to find out she was actually "the champion in the video game too!" LOL. But because she's not too hot identifying dual-types, this battle was actually pretty difficult for her. But she managed.... Long story short... Never try to beat a Garchomp with an underleveled Ambipom. >.> No matter how many hyper potions used.

So she's the league champ. She's also got a completed Sinnoh dex and is heading to the battle frontier! =D

I'd be proud of her, but I'm seriously scared that in a few years she could actually kick my butt. Oh, and I'm horrified that she might actually finish her Soul Silver before I can finish Heart Gold. >.>

TheFinnGamer
07-29-2009, 02:04 PM
I beat the Elite 4 the second time with there Improved Pokemon!
I also leveled a japanese Lv.1 Spiritomb called "????" (What does that mean?) to Levek 71. I love the Trading Exp Bonus!

TwilightWarrior
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I also leveled a japanese Lv.1 Spiritomb called "????" (What does that mean?)
The Japanese text translates to, "Mikaruge," which is Spiritomb's Japanese name.

TheFinnGamer
07-29-2009, 02:54 PM
The Japanese text translates to, "Mikaruge," which is Spiritomb's Japanese name.
*headdesk* *facepalm*
I'm so stupid!

NicoCW
07-29-2009, 06:28 PM

Now I'm starting to understand why the casual players mock us so much.I stopped paying much attention to competitive rules a long time ago and just tell people when battling me: No uber legendaries, no OHKOs, no evasion, no Scizor + Bullet Punch! I really don't see how Garchomp is uber, and if it is, I'm sure the way I use him is not the uber way.

Considering the fact that I beat several ubers using a Parasect, I don't pay attention to OUs and NUs and stuff like that. As for the rules.... I can't hold a Razor Claw? Okay, I guess we should start the battle over everytime someone gets a critical hit or misses...

ditto493
07-29-2009, 07:13 PM
What?

Tanexion
07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Don't have a Darkrai yet? Live in the US (and maybe Canada)? Do have one but want another one just for the heck of it? Here's your chance!
The Member Card used to gain access to Newmoon Island will be distributed via Wi-Fi beginning August 3rd (that's monday!), so make sure to snatch one up while you can! (I know, I should be an announcer for something right?)

More Details (http://www.pokemonplatinum.com/#/pokemon/darkrai/)

TwilightWarrior
07-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Don't have a Darkrai yet? Live in the US (and maybe Canada)? Do have one but want another one just for the heck of it? Here's your chance!
The Member Card used to gain access to Newmoon Island will be distributed via Wi-Fi beginning August 3rd (that's monday!), so make sure to snatch one up while you can! (I know, I should be an announcer for something right?)

Strange...somehow I saw this coming. Now all we need is Oak's Letter and an event for Arceus, and then we can finally move on to HG/SS in America.

Slowflake
07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
The uber way to use Garchomp prior to Platinum's release was Yache Berry. Only Glaceon or Abomasnow could OHKO that monster, and they'd usually take a Fire Fang to the face before they could attack. Then it was Swords Dance, then get a KO, sometimes two, maybe three, and it often (speaking relatively to other sweepers) ended up with a full sweep.

The thing that wasn't very smart about Garchomp's ban was it happening one week or two before Platinum came out. Platinum changed everything, you don't need me to tell you that. That is why Garchomp is currently involved in stage 3 testing, instead of being given a bye to ubers. Something like Scizor, on the other hand, while dominant, is easy enough to counter that none of the better players consider it broken.

I stopped paying much attention to competitive rules a long time ago and just tell people when battling me: No uber legendaries, no OHKOs, no evasion, no Scizor + Bullet Punch!

No Sleep/Freeze Clause? No Species Clause? And just to nitpick, no Soul Dew ban? Latias isn't an uber legendary anymore, after all. You're leaving yourself wide open to some much cheaper stuff than Scizor could ever hope to be. And competitive rules don't include a hax item ban, either. This rule is often used by lower-end players who can't stand losing. Besides, it's not like anyone would actually use these items, because every last one of them is just bad.

Mega_Mario
07-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Wow, I'm actually surprised that Nintendo did this. It is good, just unexpected.

So... another Darkrai. :)

NicoCW
07-29-2009, 08:10 PM
No Sleep/Freeze Clause? No Species Clause? And just to nitpick, no Soul Dew ban?Oh, whoops. I forgot to mention those. I knew there were some things I missed, although Species Clause doesn't really bother me that much; but wouldn't freezing both Pokemon be done by accident since there's no move that Freeze as an only effect?

It turns out I don't use Garchomp the uber way, unless a Focus Sash instead of a Yache Berry is uber. Either way, I do most of my battling on ...Battle Revolution... so I'm not worrying too much. If someone comes at me with a whole team of uber legendaries, I'll whoop them with any method I can. If I see someone who obviously plays the right way, I won't be cheap.

That's the power of (Trick Room + Focus Sash/Spore) Parasect.

the1stpkmnfan
07-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the Link in the Pokethon thread Mario. This is great, now Im gonna have 3 Darkrais. :P (Movie 10, Ranger 2, and now Platinum). To be honest, I never would've thought of seeing this event coming into the US. But Im glad it is. Now it's just question if Oak's Letter and the Azure Flute will come as well. Oh well, we'll just have to see.

And I cant wait for this event.

Slowflake
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
On PBR... well, I can only imagine the caliber of the opposition at times, so I suppose a Focus Sash can work. But on Shoddy, anything with Focus Sash suffers a lot. With Stealth Rock all over the place, you can't use the Sash at all unless you pack a spinner, or the bearer happens to be immune to Stealth Rock (a claim only Clefable and FEAR Cleffa can boast).

And I agree that Freeze Clause is probably the most questionable of the competitive rules, since Ice Punch, Ice Beam and the rare Blizzard have a miserably low rate of hax. I suppose it's nice if such crucial luck goes all on one side... then again, in the only battle I've ever seen where more than one instance of freezing happened, it was always the same Pokémon (a Cradily) that got frozen. Three times. It lived long enough to get frozen THREE TIMES. I'm not making this up.

As for the Oak's Letter event... it DID happen in Japan, I'm pretty sure it'll happen here too eventually. People were starting to doubt that the Member Card would happen at all outside of Japan, but fortune favors the... patient? Or something.

ditto493
07-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the info Tan. Now I can get my third Darkria aswell (Used AR to get the Darkria in my Diamond, Pokemon Ranger 2 Darkria, Coming Soon: Wi Fi Darkria.)

P.S. Pokefan, it was Tan that posted the link, not Mario.

Mega_Mario
07-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the info Tan. Now I can get my third Darkria aswell (Used AR to get the Darkria in my Diamond, Pokemon Ranger 2 Darkria, Coming Soon: Wi Fi Darkria.)

P.S. Pokefan, it was Tan that posted the link, not Mario.
Well... actually the Pokemon is Darkrai, not Darkria. >_>

And I believe pkmnfan meant in the Pokemon Marathon (http://forums.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?p=112449#p112449) topic after I found out here. :P

But on topic, it will probably be a matter of time before we get the Oak's letter... then in the somewhat not to but still somewhat distant future (what does that even mean..?) we will hopefully get the Azure Flute.

skynetmain
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
This is a bit of a weird question, but is it possible to Mystery Gift items and the gift Pokemon from Battle Revolution to Platinum? I can always clear space on my Pearl game if this is not possible.

Tanexion
07-29-2009, 09:47 PM
mhm. I just sent a mystery gift to my Platinum game yesterday, as a matter of fact

Sonic62
07-29-2009, 10:49 PM
OMG, member's card Darkrai?! Excuse me while I freak out! :lol:
This is great, now if only they did this on D/P as well for great justice.

AlanEdgeHead
07-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Darkrai! Awesome! This'll be my third one! I already have the Alamos one and the one from the second Ranger game. But are we sure we won't be able to get this Member's Card on Diamond or Pearl? I hate how they get left out.

TheFinnGamer
07-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Unfairness!!!! I want a Darkra, too! Poor Germans :(
There is no way to get one in germany....

Fullsilverwolf
07-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Late last night, the official site has confirmed the US WiFi event dates for the Member Card.
:o :o :o
*hides for not having English Platinum* :(
..I missed the Jirachi event..

the1stpkmnfan
07-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Unfairness!!!! I want a Darkra, too! Poor Germans :(

Hey, don't feel down. Serebii also said that there might be Europe dates as well. So don't give up.

Also, Alan, do you mean the Alamos one AND the Movie 10 one? Or am I missing something? :P

AlanEdgeHead
07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I have the Alamos Darkrai and the Darkrai that came from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. This new one will be my third. I do not have the Japanese movie one.

the1stpkmnfan
07-30-2009, 09:51 AM
XP I just remembered to come back, and remember that Alamos was a town in the 10th movie. Darn me and my memory.

No worries Alan, carry on.

Super_Yoshi!
07-30-2009, 01:29 PM
I already have a legit Japanese Movie 10 Darkrai. :3

CodeZTM
07-30-2009, 01:48 PM
YAY for Darkrai event! I had to trade mine to get my complete pokedex, so I'm looking forward to snagging my own. =D

Sonic62
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I could get the Ranger's Darkrai anytime. I still like it better this way. Much easier getting the nature you want.

TheFinnGamer
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Unfairness!!!! I want a Darkrai, too! Poor Germans :(

Hey, don't feel down. Serebii also said that there might be Europe dates as well. So don't give up.

I just saw the dates of the german Pokemon Days 2009, you can get a exclusive download! :D
I hope I find a way to travel all the way to Frankfurt...

Shiron
07-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I still have a Darkrai waiting for me to catch on my Japanese Platinum, from when they could get the Member's Card mystery gift (along with the Oak's Letter Shaymin... And the Draco Meteor Jirachi... I've really got to get to soft resetting these things. xD), so I'm not terribly interested in the US Platinum version (and I couldn't catch it even if I was, as I never got a US copy of Platinum). Still nice to see Nintendo of America finally distributing it, though.

the1stpkmnfan
07-30-2009, 03:59 PM
I've got the Oak's Letter event downloaded since Spring, but I cant use it yet, since I've only got 4 badges. I cant do anything really, until my cartridge comes back from Japan.

AlanEdgeHead
07-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Why is your cartridge in Japan, while you are not?

TwilightWarrior
07-31-2009, 07:27 AM
He sent it over there to his Japanese friends who will get the Arceus event for him.

AlanEdgeHead
07-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Oooh. I wish I knew someone in Japan that would do that for me. _awesome_

But I don't have a Japanese cart, anyway. :(

Corlinni
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
I was thinking about getting back into a pokemon game. Going to buy a DS lite because the DSi doesn't have GBA slot, which right now I am using my GBA SP (lol).
And I would like to not have to switch to my SP to just play GBA games when I am buying the DS for 130$ lol.

So out of all the new pokemon games that have come out since silver and gold which where the last pokemon games I played, what new pokemon game for the DS would all of you prefer I should get first?

Cor

Brineboy
07-31-2009, 07:10 PM
well there is only one set of games for the ds which is diamond, pearl and platinum out of those I would suggest platinum because it is like the crystal of silver and gold. Also there are some pokemon games for the gba that you could get while you dont have a ds such as Ruby, Saphire, Emerald and Fire Red and Leaf Green (gen 1 remakes)

PS: I play all of my gba games on my SP because it is comfier to play and lasts longer then my ds as of now.

Slowflake
07-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I recommend Platinum as well. Best Pokémon game to this day, with loads and loads of things to do... if you haven't played anything since generation 2, you might feel a bit overwhelmed, even.

TheFinnGamer
08-01-2009, 04:59 AM
I'm very close to have my first self-leveled 1-100 Pokemon!
My Spiritomb is Lv.99 and I'm doing a Elite 4 training Session at the Moment.
After that I will level my munchlax, which got a sick moveset.
All hail to the trade Exp-bonus!!

Edit:got it YAAAAAY

DeaPGalaxy
08-01-2009, 05:09 AM
Okay, I'm thinking of doing an Eevee sale, you can have as much Eevee's as you want, for free. But more genorous people can donate a rare Pokémon for me! Most times I'm online just PM me your details and I'll send you some.

Does this sound like a good idea?

DrewStern
08-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Yes Deap, thats an awesome ideas, for like if you want all the evolutions.

DavyBones24
08-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Who else likes noodles?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSso4JV ... re=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSso4JVgD0&feature=channel)

Slowflake
08-01-2009, 12:59 PM
This guy is amazing.

http://libelldra.com/community/forums/t ... -hobby--3/ (http://libelldra.com/community/forums/topic/4658/a-new-hobby--3/)

championj
08-01-2009, 01:49 PM
So I'm sort of excited for the new Platinum event involving Darkrai, even though I have one already.

TheFinnGamer
08-01-2009, 03:44 PM
This guy is amazing.

http://libelldra.com/community/forums/t ... -hobby--3/ (http://libelldra.com/community/forums/topic/4658/a-new-hobby--3/)

aww~ <3 Selfmade plushies.

DeaPGalaxy
08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Who else likes noodles?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSso4JV ... re=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSso4JVgD0&feature=channel)
I'm on a forum with that guy! =D

TheFinnGamer
08-02-2009, 04:30 AM
OMG somoeone just traded me a Lvl 100 Impoleon for a Lv.70 Rayquaza (I got more on my emerald). Now my current Wi-Fi team is:
Lv.100 Impoleon
Lv.100 Spiritomb
Not yet Lv.100 Blissey
Not yet Lv.100 Snorlax
Not yet Lv.100 Infernape or Torterra
----------Free-space-------------
can someone comment on that setup?
I'm new to wi-fi battling!

DavyBones24
08-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Who else likes noodles?

? Me or the youtuber?

can someone comment on that setup?
I'm new to wi-fi battling!
well since your doing it,(not to steal your spotlight or anything but),
Lv 100, Gengar
Blastoise
Raichu
Snorlax (still a munchlax)
Marowak
Heracross

NicoCW
08-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Not enough info to make any comments. It doesn't always matter what Pokemon you use. It's the strategy involved and the way they're trained.

DeaPGalaxy
08-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Who else likes noodles?

? Me or the youtuber?
Well, I thought the Youtuber; but now after looking at his profile there's two guys who make Pokémon videos on Youtube called Noodles! xD

Slowflake
08-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Not enough info to make any comments. It doesn't always matter what Pokemon you use. It's the strategy involved and the way they're trained.

Well, using Blastoise and Raichu isn't the best of starts. There are other Waters and Electrics that do what these do much better.

DavyBones24
08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Well, I thought the Youtuber; but now after looking at his profile there's two guys who make Pokémon videos on Youtube called Noodles! xD
I was reffering to the name of the episode but that works too. =P

Sonic62
08-02-2009, 10:51 PM

Well, using Blastoise and Raichu isn't the best of starts. There are other Waters and Electrics that do what these do much better.
Do not badmouth Raichu. :|

CodeZTM
08-03-2009, 12:43 AM
This guy is amazing.

I want that Mawllie now. ={

Corlinni
08-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I got to the elite 4 on my pokemon blue now, this is my team that I beat them with.

Hypno lvl 44 - was a drowzee I caught at lvl 13
Golem lvl 45 - was geodude I caught at lvl 8
Moltres lvl 52 - caught at lvl 50, lol
Raichu lvl 47 - spent 1hr and 30mins farming for a pikachu, got at lvl 7 or 8 and evolved pikachu at lvl 37 to Raichu
Venusaur lvl 45 - starter
Gyarados lvl 47 - I bought the magikarp for 500 at lvl 5 and raise him from that lol

With this team though I was able to destroy the elite four with none of my pokemon being dead once I beat my rival lol.

AlanEdgeHead
08-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Well, I totally just downloaded my Member Card. Can't wait until I can go catch my third Darkrai that I have obtained myself. Aww yeah. And apparently the event is for Europe, as well.

jolt1030
08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Woooo just downloaded my member card!! Time to catch me a Darkrai! that will make him number2!

Mega_Mario
08-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Yep, same here.

I got the Darkrai event on Platinum as well. Too bad it doesn't work for D/P. :/

the1stpkmnfan
08-03-2009, 08:21 AM
I cant do the Darkrai event just yet. I gotta be at my mom's house to do it, and I won't be back till around the 8th. *Sigh* Oh well, good thing this event doesnt end till September.

jolt1030
08-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Well enjoy your time at the inn because once your out you can't go back in..>_> lame!! but atlease new moon island is available!

ditto493
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I got my Members Cars this morning and I'm planning to try to catch my third Darkai sometime tonight so I can use Duskballs to catch Darkrai. I so wish that DP could get the Members Card though. r

NicoCW
08-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Darkrai was such a jerk to me! I want to slap the programmer who gave it Double Team! I caught the sucker, though, after that evasion n00b nearly drained the Spores out of my Breloom. I hate Double Team SO much.

Tanexion
08-03-2009, 09:28 AM
1 mach punch and 3 ultra balls later, Darkrai is now mine. And it's got a modest nature on the first try!

ditto493
08-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Should I save in front of Darkrai and continue battleing it until a shiny Darkrai appears?

Mega_Mario
08-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Should I save in front of Darkrai and continue battleing it until a shiny Darkrai appears?
Well you might have to try possibly 8,192 times.
It could take less then that, or more. ;)

If you have the patience... go for it. :)

NicoCW
08-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Ditto, don't. Not only will people accuse you of hacking, but you WILL go insane. I've done this before and I can say from experience, you won't get one. If you plan on doing that for months, then go ahead.

Minutes
08-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Darkrai was such a jerk to me! I want to slap the programmer who gave it Double Team! I caught the sucker, though, after that evasion n00b nearly drained the Spores out of my Breloom. I hate Double Team SO much.

Darkrai has double team o.o'

It never used it on me, but even though it didnt use double team, I still had a hard time capturing it

flamepenguin3
08-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I downloaded the card, but I don't think I'm going after Darkrai just yet. Not for any particular reason. Ill probably do it next week sometime...maybe on my birthday.

Shiron
08-03-2009, 10:40 AM
lol, that sort of stuff (though in my case it was Shaymin Leech Seeding my Gallade that was like 50 levels higher than it, healing a lot of its HP as a result, making it a real brat to catch) is why I ended up giving my Gallade Taunt to keep such mischief to a minimum.

Sonic62
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Well you might have to try possibly 8,192 times.
It could take less then that, or more. ;)

If you have the patience... go for it. :)
The worst part is, the chances never go up, so you could be trying way more than 8,192 times. In any event, just got my Member's Card! :D

TwilightWarrior
08-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Eh. I'm gonna give a go at a Shiny Darkrai. It'll probably hurt my hands and my mind, but whatever. _awesome_

TheFinnGamer
08-03-2009, 12:49 PM
OMG!!!!
I just tryed out myster gift for funzies, but I got the memeber card!!!
*dances* I've got a german DS AND game :D :D

Edit: Caught it YESSS

jolt1030
08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
So while most of us are trying to get Darkrai!!!=D Even better news Arceus has been revealed in pokemon.com!! Which mean the even will soon be here!! I can't wait! _awesome_ http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_393.xml

DavyBones24
08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Well I just put those two because there my favorites, but my Blastoise has a lot i mean A lot of Defence, It can withstand at least 3 Thunders, and with a little bit more training,It can be a good Phisical Attacker ( He has Ice punch,Waterfall Scull bash and Surf for now...)

I second that! even with False swipe/Hypnosis, I had to use all of my Gengars hypnosis' to final capture him... with 33 ultra balls.
and who was that voice that talks after the battle... :?

Mega_Mario
08-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Even better news Arceus has been revealed in pokemon.com!! Which mean the even will soon be here!! I can't wait! _awesome_ http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_393.xml
ZOMG There is a Pokemon called Arceus?!? :P
In all seriousness, though, it is good that they are finally announcing it.

CodeZTM
08-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Here's hoping that Arceus event comes around soon. =D

/goes to get Darkrai event

Slowflake
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Well I just put those two because there my favorites, but my Blastoise has a lot i mean A lot of Defence, It can withstand at least 3 Thunders, and with a little bit more training,It can be a good Phisical Attacker ( He has Ice punch,Waterfall Scull bash and Surf for now...)

What kind of Blastoise can take three Thunders? And for that matter, what kind of Blastoise, or any defensive Pokémon for that matter, has four offensive moves, including SKULL BASH? Have you never heard of Return, which sucks on Blastoise anyway?

I'll be honest: at least you're doing something right by having moves of different types. But Normal offers no type coverage, you shouldn't ever use Normal moves on anything else than Normal Pokémon. There's also the fact that other than Return and Body Slam, there's not much worth using. Tri Attack on the likes of PorygonZ and other special Normals, but that's it. Also, don't forget that human players are lightyears ahead of in-game trainers. You can't play favorites and expect to win - you can't do with a pawn what you can do with a queen. Because that's what your Pokémon become - chess pieces. Blastoise's niche is "Water-type spinner that's not weak to Pursuit". When it takes such a long description for a Pokémon, it's usually not worth it. Unless you tried Starmie before and that Pursuit weakness really gave you trouble in several instances.

Shiron
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
But Normal offers no type coverage, you shouldn't ever use Normal moves on anything else than Normal Pokémon.
Well, not super-effective coverage, no, and generally, this is true. But Water+Normal does offer very good neutral coverage, only being resisted by a handful of Pokemon. Of course, combos like Ice+Electric, and Ghost+Fighting is better if possible, but Water+Normal still works for good neutral coverage if not, and if the Pokemon has a very limited movepool.

Slowflake
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Water + Normal is excellent. But for that particular combo I'd recommend something else than Blastoise. Heck, Bibarel's a better choice thanks to Curse, Simple and dual STAB, to say nothing of the OUs and BLs that can do a better job. Blastoise's job is support, whether it's with Rapid Spin, Yawn or Toxic. Heck, even on a CB set (which I don't recommend, use Leftovers) Return is nowhere to be found, instead making way for the obvious Waterfall and Ice Punch, along with EQ and Rock Slide (with sometimes Aqua Jet replacing either Waterfall or Rock Slide). I personally prefer even the chibi version of edgequake to Water + Normal combos, especially since Waterfall is on there anyway.

DavyBones24
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I see your point, but I said 'for now' because hes till in his mid 70s. I will defenitly change his moveset, I am just using those moves for training him. hm, That Yawn.toxic sounds nice though.

skynetmain
08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I have been messing up the Darkrai capture all day. Thinking I only had one shot, I just found out that I could challenge him for at least a second time. I do not know the details of this event too well, but does anyone know how many times we get a shot at capturing him?

flamepenguin3
08-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Well if by messing you up you mean fainting then Im guessing the same rule applies as to all legendaries in Platinum. If you beat the Elite Four again after fainting a legendary, the legendary reappears. As far as I know this can be done as many times as necessary until the Pokemon is caught.

NicoCW
08-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just save in front of Darkrai?

skynetmain
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Well if by messing you up you mean fainting then Im guessing the same rule applies as to all legendaries in Platinum. If you beat the Elite Four again after fainting a legendary, the legendary reappears. As far as I know this can be done as many times as necessary until the Pokemon is caught.
Cool. I did not know this.

And saving in front of him is what is causing my woes since I didn't bring a good team to capture him >_<

flamepenguin3
08-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I would still use the save thing as a saftey net though. Im not 100% sure if it works for event legends.

Sonic62
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I figure the best thing to do is save before going into the inn.

skynetmain
08-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Finally got him. Thanks for the tip about being able repeat on legendaries, flamepenguin3. I have been saving before legendary battles since Yellow. This was the first time I forgot to bring a catching team with me.

I can't wait for the next event! Hopefully, I'll remember to bring my Roserade and Shedinja when it happens.

Super_Yoshi!
08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I still need to get the National Dex in Platinum before I can actually catch it. :[

But once I do I'm going to reset until I get a Timid one. :3

Then I'm going to trade it to Diamond so I can clone it a billion times.

AlanEdgeHead
08-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Hopefully it won't take too long for Nintendo to release the Oak's Letter Event for us. I could totally use another Shaymin in my games. _awesome_

TheFinnGamer
08-04-2009, 02:16 AM
Hopefully it won't take too long for Nintendo to release the Oak's Letter Event for us. I could totally use another Shaymin in my games. _awesome_

I totally need ONE shaymin! I could download the american event-Member Pass, why could'nt I download a american event-oak's letter?

AlanEdgeHead
08-04-2009, 02:23 AM

I totally need ONE shaymin! I could download the american event-Member Pass, why could'nt I download a american event-oak's letter?

America hasn't gotten the Oak's Letter event yet, silly. :D

TheFinnGamer
08-04-2009, 03:39 AM

America hasn't gotten the Oak's Letter event yet, silly. :D

I wrote wrong, I meant when I could download the member pass with a german game, I will be able to download the oak's letter
I failed at english there...

Edit:
Here's a prove I got the Darkrai on a german game
[spoiler:2tlwbna6]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4562/90486723.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1193/51323861.jpg[/spoiler:2tlwbna6]

Edit2: Got a Manaphy today
[spoiler:2tlwbna6]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4085/74765374.jpg[/spoiler:2tlwbna6]
I love my new webcam <3

AlanEdgeHead
08-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Well now, if it wasn't for the last gym leader having a Luxray with ICE FANG, I would have swept the entire Gym with my Torterra only using Earthquake. Blasted Luxray. But now I make my way to the Elite 4!

ditto493
08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Got some news from Bulbapedia saying that Pokemon.com has officially revealed Arceus to America. I've known about Arceus since way before Diamond and Pearl came out so it's about time that they officially revealed him to the rest of the American public.

Sonic62
08-04-2009, 03:07 PM
It's true, Arceus is on Pokemon.com. Says to stay tuned for info on how to get it into our DPP games. I smell a Toys R Us type event. :?

Shiron
08-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Toys R Us giveaways are typically the first way Pokemon are distributed in the US, so a Toys R Us Arceus event will probably be coming sometime around February, when the Arceus movie should be being aired, as the first means of getting it.

flamepenguin3
08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Does anyone think that there might be a WiFi Azure Flute Event for Arceus? Now that Japan seems to be much more focused on HGSS things Im getting worried and thinking there wont be one (since it would most likely happen in Japan first).

Shiron
08-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Not quite sure anymore... I mean, there's no word of it, and Heart Gold and Soul Silver come out in just over a month in Japan, and I'm not sure they'd want to do some WiFi event aimed at promoting and encouraging sales of Platinum when two new games, which they'd much rather be getting sales in, are coming out. It's still possible that the Azure Flute will end up being given out eventually anyway, but I'm becoming rather uncertain of it.

CodeZTM
08-04-2009, 03:35 PM
If Arceus doesn't get a WiFi Event, I'm going to be one angry camper. The closest Toys R US is nearly an hour away and we never go to that town. -_-

Shiron
08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I'd rather them do a WiFi event for Arceus as well (though that's for Japan--I don't have a North American copy of Platinum, so for the Stateside release, a Toys R Us event would work better for me, probably, though I'd be in college at the time and I'm not sure if there are any Toys R Us locations near campus). But I'm not sure if the timing between Platinum and HG/SS will allow for it. Well, Japan-wise anyway. Stateside, they might do a simultaneous Wi-Fi/Toys R Us event, but I'm not sure how likely such a thing would be and I'm leaning more towards it not happening and us just getting a Toys R Us event right now.

Super_Yoshi!
08-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Toys R Us events are stupid. Why can't they just do Wi-Fi events so people who don't live anywhere near one *coughmecough* can get the event?

That's how I missed out on the Movie Darkrai and the TRU Manaphy. :[

Slowflake
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Got some news from Bulbapedia saying that Pokemon.com has officially revealed Arceus to America. I've known about Arceus since way before Diamond and Pearl came out so it's about time that they officially revealed him to the rest of the American public.

You're lying, Arceus was first known about a few days after D/P's Japanese release, and only because people hacked the game. Nah, I know you're not lying, you probably just don't remember late 2006 that well. :lol:

And yeah, events that require you to drive somewhere should've been dropped the second D/P came out, since it was capable of getting events through Wi-Fi as well.

NicoCW
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Although I'm surrounded by Toys 'R Us stores, I'm too lazy to go to one just to get a legendary, let alone one I won't even use and just keep in my box for Dex Data. I'm hoping Shaymin and Arceus will have a Wi-Fi event soon.

AlanEdgeHead
08-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Arceus is probably only being revealed right now because he's in Explorers of the Sky. But when his event does happen, it'll be a Toys r Us event for sure. An Azure Flute event may happen in the future, though. Since there was a Shaymin event then the Oak's Letter. This Arceus is likely the NA version of the one that has all the Legendary Dragon's signature moves.

ditto493
08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Slowflake I think you misunderstood what I said.I said that I knew about Arceus since way before DP came out in Japan, I learned about all of the 4th gen Pokemon on wikipedia months before the Japaneese release, and that it's about time they revealed him to the rest of the American public.

DeaPGalaxy
08-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Darkrai event is in Europe!! Woot! =D

bobo_dude16
08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Wait was oaks letter in NA? if so then i missed it :(

Shiron
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Wait was oaks letter in NA? if so then i missed it :(
No, I don't believe that it has been.

BlueBlazer
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
*still needs to get Platinum*

DeaPGalaxy
08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Darkrai event is in Europe!! Woot! =D
I just want to quote this because I got last paged and I don't want any European people to miss out on it! =D

Slowflake
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Slowflake I think you misunderstood what I said.I said that I knew about Arceus since way before DP came out in Japan, I learned about all of the 4th gen Pokemon on wikipedia months before the Japaneese release, and that it's about time they revealed him to the rest of the American public.

Then how come no one else ever heard about such a massive leak? How come none of the major sites picked up on it? When the English names were leaked on GameFAQs a month or two prior to the NA release, Serebii and all the other big sites jumped all over it.

I mean, Serebii himself was certain Shellos was a Lapras baby form when he first saw it, and that was on the day he got the game!

This is the full list of all the Pokémon that were unveiled before the Japanese release, and unless one got ahold of top secret information, one didn't know a lick about anything else:

[spoiler:27moa2ff]387 - Turtwig
390 - Chimchar
393 - Piplup
396 - Starly
399 - Bidoof
401 - Kricketot
403 - Shinx
406 - Budew
407 - Roserade
408 - Cranidos
410 - Shieldon
412 - Burmy
417 - Pachirisu
418 - Buizel
421 - Cherrim
431 - Glameow
438 - Bonsly
439 - Mime Jr.
440 - Happiny
441 - Chatot
446 - Munchlax
448 - Lucario
452 - Drapion
455 - Carnivine
458 - Mantyke
461 - Weavile
466 - Electivire
483 - Dialga
484 - Palkia
490 - Manaphy[/spoiler:27moa2ff]

Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but if people were debating whether line 493 in the Pokémon list was a dummy line prior to the game being hacked, odds are no one knew about Arceus before release outside of Nintendo. BTW, that line I'm referring to is part of a list Coronis posted on the day Serebii got the game, which only had the Pokémon numbers (up to 500, including both kinds of eggs and the Deoxys and Wormadam forms), base stats and typing. So it looked like this:

493 120 120 120 120 120 120 NORMAL NORMAL

As you can imagine, the debate raged for a few days, as no one could believe those stats. Then the game was hacked, and the monster was real.

Sonic62
08-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Basically what Slowflake said. I was following DP closely upon release and remember all that unveiling. There was definitely no sign of Arceus way before release.

the1stpkmnfan
08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Two more new episode titles.

DP121- The Lonely Snover! (August 22, 2009)
DP122- Stopped in the Name of Love! (August, 29, 2009)

So, I suppose, DP120 is going to be skipped as any other Clip show is skipped for the US airings. But for these two, DP121 is decent to have the Japanese title fit the US dub title. :) And for DP122, Ah, such an awesome title indeed! I love it. :mrgreen:

CodeZTM
08-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm having quite much fun replaying emerald for my LP. I've always enjoyed analyzing tactics.

[If you're interested in watching my LP, here's a link to the promo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rdz_HfPMPc It's starting tomorrow!]

Anywhoo, funny story with my little sister.

She was trying to snag Darkrai [after I told her how rare it was!], but couldn't catch it no matter how many times she tried to. Well, eventually it got really late, so she went to sleep. Well, that next morning she came down and hit me. "THAT STUPID THING GAVE ME NIGHTMARES!" she screamed! Apparently, she had a nightmare after trying to catch darkrai and leaving her DS next to her bed. O_o

Creepy much?

Minutes
08-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I can't wait to see Candice in the pokemon DP anime, my favorite gym leader

NicoCW
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Hopefully, Candice is a likable Gym Leader. I gave the anime another chance after seeing Byron.

"I LOVE THIS HOLE!!!"

ditto493
08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Slowflake, as I was trying to say, I found out about Arceus and the rest of the 4th gen Pokemon on Wikipediaa couple of months before DP were released in Japan. So I guess someone leaked the Pokedex and wikipedia got a hold of it. In fact I even made a list of of all the 4th gen Pokemon's names, types, numbers, and abilities.
[attachment=2:2lyz3w9t]4th gen pg 1.jpg[/attachment:2lyz3w9t]
[attachment=1:2lyz3w9t]4th gen pg 2.jpg[/attachment:2lyz3w9t]
[attachment=0:2lyz3w9t]4th gen pg 3.jpg[/attachment:2lyz3w9t]

Tanexion
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Two more new episode titles.

DP121- The Lonely Snover! (August 22, 2009)
DP122- Stopped in the Name of Love! (August, 29, 2009)

So, I suppose, DP120 is going to be skipped as any other Clip show is skipped for the US airings. But for these two, DP121 is decent to have the Japanese title fit the US dub title. :) And for DP122, Ah, such an awesome title indeed! I love it. :mrgreen:
Yea, it looks like it :\
I thought it was a pretty good episode, even though it was just a clip show! It was nice to see some recaps from past episodes. And yea, I like 122's title too lol

bobo_dude16
08-06-2009, 08:51 PM
hey guys do you think froslass is good on a team? It is a devastating ice and ghost and it also can learn destiny bond...

ditto493
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Here's page four of that list I made when I first found out about the 4th gen Pokemon.
[attachment=0:tvt4js6n]4th gen pg 4.jpg[/attachment:tvt4js6n]

Sonic62
08-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Just got me the Darkrai using the Member Card. :D
5 Dusk Balls.

AlanEdgeHead
08-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Gratz, Sonic! I still need to beat the Elite 4 before I can have my go at Darkrai.

Minutes
08-07-2009, 06:54 AM
hey guys do you think froslass is good on a team? It is a devastating ice and ghost and it also can learn destiny bond...

I use Froslass on one of my teams, but I didn't give her destiny bond o.o'

Slowflake
08-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Froslass is much better than you'd expect from a Pokémon with those stats. Its amazing speed lets it use its great non-offensive movepool with ease (if there's anything the recent skyrocketing in popularity of Deoxys-E in ubers taught us, it's that speed can just as valuable as defense for support purposes), and it can attack as well if it has to, with Shadow Ball, T-bolt and Ice Beam among others. And of course, that low survivability makes Destiny Bond shine even more - it's the second most common move on Froslass.

As for that huge list... what tells me it was made in mid-2006? I stand by my point that if there really was such a big leak, everyone would've known about it. There are a few things that don't add up anyway. Not gonna bother going further, I don't want to start an argument.

ditto493
08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah, let's just stop talking about this, ok.

Slowflake
08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
This isn't GameFAQs, after all.

So you know that special move Pikachu is supposed to get via Pokéwalker? Rumors say it's Fly, even though none of the major sites confirmed or contradicted it. Yep, another move that goes to the garbage heap.

NicoCW
08-07-2009, 08:51 AM
It just seems like they'll never give Pikachu another useful move other than Surf. Ever. But Fly? WHAT?! How in the world does that work?! I guess Pikachu is going to use balloons.

Mega_Mario
08-07-2009, 09:38 AM
I've been playing Leaf Green for awhile.
As some of you might know, I named my rival Gwellin. :)
[spoiler:2qhbanal]What better of a name for somebody who tests your skills and makes you work hard and train. Somebody that "puts you in your place" if you haven&#39;t worked hard enough. Also someone that shows with hard work, you can even overcome the greatest of obstacles.[/spoiler:2qhbanal]
I just caught Mewtwo. A couple tries... and two Ultra Balls.
Now... to go Entei hunting. @.@

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Hopefully you have a fast Pokemon, and/or one that has Mean Look or something. But good luck with Entei, Mario.

Mega_Mario
08-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Hopefully you have a fast Pokemon, and/or one that has Mean Look or something. But good luck with Entei, Mario.
Actually... I have a Master Ball.
Finding it will be my main problem.

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Ah, good thinking. I remember meeting Suicune in the Bike Route, grass area. But it fled. Drat. Best of luck.

Mega_Mario
08-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Ah, good thinking. I remember meeting Suicune in the Bike Route, grass area. But it fled. Drat. Best of luck.
I remember trying for months to find Suicune. I was out on the water route looking for Ditto and.... A wild Suicune appeared! Go Charizard! Mega_Mario fainted (from the excitement). But, I caught it.... with a Master Ball.

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Nice. I always used my Master Ball on Mewtwo back then. But when I played a file on LG, I didnt use my Master Ball on Mewtwo, but I sent it over in my Emerald to finally catch Latios after 4-5 years.

But since my Emerald has no use anymore, Im thinking of starting a new game. But I dont want to, since it's a May 2005 file that's still gone strong.

NicoCW
08-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Recently, I've started new games on Blue, Silver, Emerald and Leaf Green. I'm done about all of them. It made me realize that... well... I am SO getting flamed for saying this, but...[spoiler:3gbzv96y]I think Hoenn is better than Kanto.[/spoiler:3gbzv96y]Aside from that, I think my vision got worse from looking all of those HORRIBLE Red & Blue sprites! The sprites of generation 1 (excluding Yellow) are just awful. Nidorina looks like a pig, Bulbasaur's eyes appear to be missing, Pidgeotto is obese, Wigglytuff looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old, etc.

For the sake of it... see any similarities?
http://195.244.101.205/products/macaroni_cheese/images/macaroni_title.jpghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1d/Spr_b_g1_005.png

CodeZTM
08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Recently, I've started new games on Blue, Silver, Emerald and Leaf Green. I'm done about all of them. It made me realize that... well... I am SO getting flamed for saying this, but...[spoiler:379zwrry]I think Hoenn is better than Kanto.[/spoiler:379zwrry]Aside from that, I think my vision got worse from looking all of those HORRIBLE Red & Blue sprites! The sprites of generation 1 (excluding Yellow) are just awful. Nidorina looks like a pig, Bulbasaur's eyes appear to be missing, Pidgeotto is obese, Wigglytuff looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old, etc.

Flamed? I've always held up Hoenn as the best region. Its only flaw was the lack of variety in pokemon in the regions and the dominance of water-type pokemon.

Also, I agree with the awful generation 1 pokemon. The one I thought was always the worst was moltres..

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4e/Spr_1b_146.png Seriously, was that not the ugliest legendary bird of them all? O_o

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Aside from that, I think my vision got worse from looking all of those HORRIBLE Red & Blue sprites! The sprites of generation 1 (excluding Yellow) are just awful. Nidorina looks like a pig, Bulbasaur's eyes appear to be missing, Pidgeotto is obese, Wigglytuff looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old, etc.

Also, I agree with the awful generation 1 pokemon. The one I thought was always the worst was moltres..

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4e/Spr_1b_146.png Seriously, was that not the ugliest legendary bird of them all? O_o
Ahem, Did we forget Pokemon Japanese Blue/Green? (http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/110/e/a/Green_Pokemon_Sprites_by_ghost_crabs.png) _awesome_

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6753/mewe.png

Super_Yoshi!
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Aside from that, I think my vision got worse from looking all of those HORRIBLE Red & Blue sprites! The sprites of generation 1 (excluding Yellow) are just awful. Nidorina looks like a pig, Bulbasaur's eyes appear to be missing, Pidgeotto is obese, Wigglytuff looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old, etc.

Ahem, Did we forget Pokemon Japanese Blue/Green? (http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/110/e/a/Green_Pokemon_Sprites_by_ghost_crabs.png) _awesome_

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6753/mewe.png
What are you talking about? Those sprites were the best. _awesome_

DavyBones24
08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
W00T, there's also going to be a Weavile Distribution on the 15th.

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Oh man, would I love to go there. But I cant. :(

Minutes
08-07-2009, 05:29 PM
I need a decent Weaville >.>'

And I think some of those sprites were pretty good :0

Slowflake
08-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, where to begin? Hoenn IS underrated. I think Sinnoh's better, but that's it. Kanto (especially the GSC rendition) and Johto can go jump in Mt. Chimney for all I care.

Also, those sprites are indeed horrible. I once made a two-part video on YouTube ranting about how horrible they were.

As for Pikachu, remember the Fly Pikachu from the early days? It flew with balloons, and apparently it'll do so again. And Surf being useful... meh, most people prefer Grass Knot on both Pikachu and Raichu, and rightfully so. There's nothing quite like bringing down a Swampert, who should destroy Pikachu and Raichu in theory, in one swift hit.

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 06:08 PM
As for Pikachu, remember the Fly Pikachu from the early days? It flew with balloons, and apparently it'll do so again. And Surf being useful... meh, most people prefer Grass Knot on both Pikachu and Raichu, and rightfully so. There's nothing quite like bringing down a Swampert, who should destroy Pikachu and Raichu in theory, in one swift hit.
I'll say, Slowflake. Though I perfer using my surfing Pikachu for surfing only.

W00T, there's also going to be a Weavile Distribution on the 15th.
Awww man.. California and New York get all the fun :(

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Well then, this calls for the GTS. :)

Mega_Mario
08-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Entei... Entei... Entei.... GET (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1944104)

I can't think of anything else to do in LeafGreen, any ideas?

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Travel to the Sevii Islands is my only thought. Or did you do that already?

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 06:37 PM
You've probably have already done this, MegaMario, but Mewtwo? Have you caught it?
Also there's always your Pokedex.

Mega_Mario
08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Travel to the Sevii Islands is my only thought. Or did you do that already?
I already did.
I probably wont train up a competitive team or take on the battle tower.

You've probably have already done this, MegaMario, but Mewtwo? Have you caught it?
Also there's always your Pokedex.
Caught Mewtwo today. After a couple tries, my extremely under-leveled team caught it. Two Ultra Balls.
I would work on my Pokedex, but I have no way to trade (one GBA).

I'm thinking I will probably transfer, restart and choose a different starter and team.

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, by that time Im borde with what to do next. My only resort is to make a new file. I may do that again, but I'll see.

TMax13
08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
i havent been watching the episodes lately but i do train my team a lot on my diamond i have a lot of good pokemon and i dont even use cheats my highest is a lvl 94 shaymin i got it when i traded a guy my magmortar lvl 50 for a lvl 30 shaymin.

CodeZTM
08-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Ahhh. The horrors of game completion is a horrible one. >.> Ususually, I just start over and pick an entirely different team. That or I go onto another game I like just as much and come back to pokemon and start over for a brand new experience.

DrewStern
08-07-2009, 07:01 PM
i havent been watching the episodes lately but i do train my team a lot on my diamond i have a lot of good pokemon and i dont even use cheats my highest is a lvl 94 shaymin i got it when i traded a guy my magmortar lvl 50 for a lvl 30 shaymin.

FYI

The Shaymin is most likely not legit.

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Ahhh. The horrors of game completion is a horrible one. >.> Ususually, I just start over and pick an entirely different team. That or I go onto another game I like just as much and come back to pokemon and start over for a brand new experience.
Same here. I've never completed my GBA pokedex, though I came close for Emerald by seeing 324 pokemon. (thanks to my friend ;) )
It's just not worth buying 2 cables, going to events, and buying, at least, 5 games. Far beyond my budget.

FYI

I actually looked it up on google, to see if it really was legit. It is.

DrewStern
08-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Same here. I've never completed my GBA pokedex, though I came close for Emerald by seeing 324 pokemon. (thanks to my friend ;) )
It's just not worth buying 2 cables, going to events, and buying, at least, 5 games. Far beyond my budget.

FYI

I actually looked it up on google, to see if it really was legit. It is.

How?

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 07:30 PM
How?
Shaymin comes into battle as a lv. 30 in D/P

Slowflake
08-07-2009, 07:30 PM
It's fairly easy to use Pokésav to make any Pokémon look legit... you can't really trust anyone. If there's a deal that's too good to be true, that's because it is. A Magmortar for a Shaymin? I know Magmortar's one of the hardest non-legendaries to come across, but it can't possibly be worth a Shaymin. Especially if it's one that can transform - I understand some of them can't.

And... OMG. You know that NZ Jirachi I got from TwilightWarrior earlier this week? It already netted me an Exp. Share at the Jubilife lottery after only four days. Not that I need another one, I have 30 now. No joke. Now, I never got a Max Revive, much less a Master Ball. (Srsly, a Max Revive more valuable than a PP Up or an Exp. Share? What were they thinking?)

DrewStern
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
If its not from a Nintendo event, or another legit program especially if its froma hack or an action replay.

Two words.

Not Legit

Electric > Fire by a lot.

TwilightWarrior
08-07-2009, 07:36 PM
And... OMG. You know that NZ Jirachi I got from TwilightWarrior earlier this week? It already netted me an Exp. Share at the Jubilife lottery after only four days. Not that I need another one, I have 30 now. No joke. Now, I never got a Max Revive, much less a Master Ball. (Srsly, a Max Revive more valuable than a PP Up or an Exp. Share? What were they thinking?)
8-) Another satisfied customer. By the way, I'm running low on Space in my Platinum, and those Jirachi's need to go soon, or else I won't have time to trade anymore. So if you asked for a Jirachi and you haven't gotten it yet, tell me when we can trade, or else you won't get yours.

DrewStern
08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
twili, can you wait a week or two, im tight on time

CodeZTM
08-07-2009, 07:56 PM
twilight, any chance I can snag one of those Jirachi? I was going to get one from Bobo, but his thread seemed to have died.. =-(

Also, I'm seriously hoping Candice is likable in the anime. I've yet to have a disliked gym leader from Sinnoh, although I'm sure Volkner is going to be a real pain for Ash an co.

Also, as many of you know, I'm doing a LP of Pokemon emerald [see sig]. I still have five open slots for possible pokemon nicknames, and I'd love some suggestions. The offical pokemon topic seemed perfect since we have all the pokemon geniuses in here! Herduliek is my mudkip, so that's one out. =D

DrewStern
08-07-2009, 07:59 PM
#1 DS, I guess that works

Volkner is my Second favorite Gym Leader, sensetive but strong, but flint is an- don't get me started, in my world Electric and Fire don't match up.

TwilightWarrior
08-07-2009, 08:07 PM
@Drew- Alright then.
@CodeZTM- I'm sorry, but the event ended long ago and I sadly cannot get anymore Jirachi's. :(

Fullsilverwolf
08-07-2009, 08:09 PM
twilight, any chance I can snag one of those Jirachi? I was going to get one from Bobo, but his thread seemed to have died.. =-(

Also, I'm seriously hoping Candice is likable in the anime. I've yet to have a disliked gym leader from Sinnoh, although I'm sure Volkner is going to be a real pain for Ash an co.

Also, as many of you know, I'm doing a LP of Pokemon emerald [see sig]. I still have five open slots for possible pokemon nicknames, and I'd love some suggestions. The offical pokemon topic seemed perfect since we have all the pokemon geniuses in here! Herduliek is my mudkip, so that's one out. =D
Code, If you like, I can get you a Jirachi :)
*is feeling somewhat generous today*
You see, I have the bonus disc.

CodeZTM
08-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Ah. That's ok Silver. I have one already in my dex, but I traded it away to get other completion dexes. I just wanted another one to have in my box, but don't worry about it. =D

DrewStern
08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
i like the good nights

Edit: Wrong topic

skynetmain
08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
... Now, I never got a Max Revive, much less a Master Ball. (Srsly, a Max Revive more valuable than a PP Up or an Exp. Share? What were they thinking?)
I have three boxes full of Pokemon on my Pearl game that I got from trades, and I rarely get more than a PP Up. I did get a Master Ball once. Wanna know which Pokemon got it for me? My starter. Yes, may starter won a Master Ball. Keep your chin up. You'll win one of the higher level prizes.

CodeZTM
08-07-2009, 11:20 PM
... Now, I never got a Max Revive, much less a Master Ball. (Srsly, a Max Revive more valuable than a PP Up or an Exp. Share? What were they thinking?)
I have three boxes full of Pokemon on my Pearl game that I got from trades, and I rarely get more than a PP Up. I did get a Master Ball once. Wanna know which Pokemon got it for me? My starter. Yes, may starter won a Master Ball. Keep your chin up. You'll win one of the higher level prizes.

Seriously? Your starter? That's like.... Heartbreaking. In a weird sort of way. =D

Also, I'm ashamed to admit [admist my many trades] I had forgotten about Jubilife TV raffle and have never done it. >.> /goes to check

skynetmain
08-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Seriously? Your starter? That's like.... Heartbreaking. In a weird sort of way. =D
I thought it was hilarious that it was the starter that won the prize. All of my friends thought it was crazy too. Aside from the Master Ball, my starters from my two games have netted me a Max Revive, several Exp Shares, only one PP Up (which is weird) and a few Ultra Balls.

Minutes
08-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Your starter got you the master ball? o.o'

Man I wished I had that sort of luck >.>' Well not really, at least I got it once from my friends pokemon, but it is funny to see your starter get you the master ball =p

AlanEdgeHead
08-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Well, I absolutely loved today's episode of Pokemon.

[spoiler:3jjxa2ux]Seeing Staravia evolve into Staraptor was totally awesome, even though this is the exact same situation Taillow evolved. I can&#39;t wait until we get to the episode where Chimchar evolves.[/spoiler:3jjxa2ux]

NicoCW
08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Also, those sprites are indeed horrible. I once made a two-part video on YouTube ranting about how horrible they were.Dah... I had that video in my favorites for several days and I did not realize that YOU'RE the one who made it! Pretty weird. I cracked up at Hitmonchan's Green sprite on how it looked like a perverted Togekiss watching a Doduo take a crap.

Oh great, a Weavile distribution. Now I have to deal with EVEN MORE of that irritating dipstick on Wi-Fi...

I never really had too much luck on the lottery. I get PP-Ups from time to time, but mostly Ultra Balls. I don't even need any Master Balls since I have 8 in my Platinum (they were traded from my other games) that I never use.

Slowflake
08-08-2009, 01:40 PM
If you do see an increase in Weaviles, bring a good Steel-type along. Forretress may not be the most effective, but it definitely has the most cool points for turning Weavile's speed against it with Gyro Ball. Bronzong, Metagross and Scizor are all great as well, and going out of that particular typing Gyarados and Swampert work well too.

It's a shame we don't know the moveset yet... though such a distribution would be odd if there were no special moves. Crunch would be a fairly good move, as it has the consistency factor that Night Slash doesn't have. It'd make sense too, as it already knows Bite. Otherwise... Thunderpunch? Nah, they wouldn't do that... I think.

ditto493
08-08-2009, 07:42 PM
So what's going on? There's going to be a speceal weavile distribution? If so then I need some details.

On my diamond I've won about 8 EXP Shares since I've done so many GTS trades, but not a single Master Ball on any of my games.

Sonic62
08-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Finally got around to catching Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Platinum today. Should probably trade the Regigigas back now.

Fullsilverwolf
08-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I finally got my English Platinum today. I chose Turtwig to be my starter so I can slide by the 1st gym. I'm also going to download the event shortly.

Shiron
08-08-2009, 10:58 PM
So what's going on? There's going to be a speceal weavile distribution? If so then I need some details.

On my diamond I've won about 8 EXP Shares since I've done so many GTS trades, but not a single Master Ball on any of my games.
It's nothing major, really. There's going to be a Weavile giveaway for the players at the Worlds Championship level of the VGC (http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/) (Video Game Championship) competition in San Diego next week. It's not an actual national-giveaway or anything.

CodeZTM
08-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I finally got my English Platinum today. I chose Turtwig to be my starter so I can slide by the 1st gym. I'm also going to download the event shortly.

Technically, any of the starts can slide by the 1st gym. Monferno with Mach Punch, Piplup with bubble and Turtwig with its grass type. _awesome_

But good luck anyway. I'd love to restart my platinum game, but with a completed pokedex, I think not. =D

Slowflake
08-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Turtwig's an excellent choice regardless... I avoid Water starters because the type's so stacked I can look elsewhere for my Water needs, something that's not nearly as true for Grass and Fire.

CodeZTM
08-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Turtwig's an excellent choice regardless... I avoid Water starters because the type's so stacked I can look elsewhere for my Water needs, something that's not nearly as true for Grass and Fire.

Really, the best first starter in terms of "need" is probably Chimchar. Really, what pokemon do we really have access to of the fire type in just the main playthrough? Houndour, Magmar, Flareon and Ponyta? Magmortar if you have a means of trading, but many don't. And none of them are dual types except for houndour. Plus, Infernape is half fighting, which covers two poorly covered types. >.> Albeit, there really isn't a need for a fire type in the main game. Gardenia can be taken out by flying types, and Aaron the same manner.

But you're right about water pokemon. That seems to be the most numerous type available to catch in every region. =D

DrewStern
08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Pikachu was the best of best.

NicoCW
08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Pikachu was the best of best.Until you met Brock.

I go with whatever starter I like the most. For me, it's:

Venusaur / Charizard
Feraligatr
Blaziken
Empoleon

Unfortunately, Feraligatr didn't become useful until generation 4. So for once, a Johto starter will actually be worth choosing!

DrewStern
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM
um, thats why you catch a tengela, and learn tackle, lol.

NicoCW
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Tangela with Tackle... I don't that happened before Brock. I think the only options were grinding like crazy, Mankey, Butterfree or Nidoran.

To go a little off topic from starters, I need the opinions of you guys on this:
[spoiler:2ya2di0p]So... my friend accuses me of CHEATING. Why? Because I take Pokemon from different teams of mine, and use them in one battle. All I&#39;m doing is using different Pokemon each time, but he thinks that just because I&#39;m taking Pokemon from teams I built and putting them in a battle together, that... I&#39;m a cheater. To top that off, his argument is "The whole point of having a team, is to use that team and not switch it up, because switching Pokemon makes it so the Pokemon you&#39;re battling with work together too well." Well, doesn&#39;t the EXACT same thing happen when making a team?!

He probably just said that because I kicked his butt 3 out of 3 times, and he was using a Quick Claw, so I can pretty much reverse this. So who do you guys think is right?[/spoiler:2ya2di0p]

pkGamerB
08-09-2009, 03:33 PM
I think it's perfectly fine to swap pokemon from your own teams. I usually try to have 8-10 pokemon to mix and match for different battles. As long as they're legit, I see no problem in doing that.

CodeZTM
08-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Uhh.... Hello? You can switch pokemon from teams and just call it a new team and get rid of the previous teams and then there's no problem. LOL. =D

But no, you're not wrong. Not at all.

NicoCW
08-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I know I can do that, but the way I arrange my boxes makes those teams, but my point exactly. As long as there's six not-cheap Pokemon, there's no difference if it's on a team or not.

the1stpkmnfan
08-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Wooho! Movie 12 Arceus is now in my hands, and I can get back to Japanese Pokemon Platinum. _awesome_

Oh yeah, I need to download the Darkrai event now. :P

bobo_dude16
08-09-2009, 05:33 PM
how did you get it pkmn? I got mine by being awesome _awesome_

Aeronautical
08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Just go into Mystery Gift and choose get a gift from Nintendo Wi Fi. Just like the Rotom event, if you did that one. ^^

the1stpkmnfan
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Bobo, my friends in Japan from the Ritz Carolton did it for me. It took only a few weeks, and their Chef and kids went to the Movie event. Everything that was needed to work: Download from Wifi, Talk to the Green man, and tada! Arceus.

Plus, I also got a letter from Mami (one of my friends who was involved in this) as well:

"Dear Alex,

Thank you for your waiting!!!
I am soooooo sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
Our chef, <sorry cant post his name, personal info by Gwellin's words> went to movie and got "Arcecues" for you!
Please check it! <I did, and it's there>
If you need any further help, please contact us anytime.
And also, please say hello to your grandparents and you mom.
We are looking forward to meeting you soon again!

Best regards,

Mami <Gwellin's words, sorry>"

And now, this Arceus is going to Britt. Who's ready for the Pokemon Marathon, now? _awesome_

Slowflake
08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
A... cheater? This guy would have a seizure if he were to try Shoddy, where you can change your entire team in like five seconds. If he's bad enough to not know hax items suck (and keep in mind, Quick Claw's the best of the bunch!), his opinion is null and void.

ditto493
08-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Pokedex Update.
SEEN: 427
OBTAINED: 372

Doin' pretty good at getting all of the Pokemon, I should probably start using GBA insertion to get some more. Also how do you get a Grimer, Staryu, Pineco, Shuckle, and Baltoy,

DrewStern
08-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Emerald Ditto, Emerald

Mega_Mario
08-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Also how do you get a Grimer, Staryu, Pineco, Shuckle, and Baltoy,
You can catch them in Sinnoh, as well.
*looks some of it up*
Grimer - Rainy part of route 212 with Pokeradar
Staryu - Super rod in either Canalave or Sunnyshore City
Pineco - Emerald in GBA quite a few places (it says Routes 203, 204, 210 S, 229, Eterna Forest)
Shuckle - Emerald in GBA Route 224
Baltoy - Route 206 with Pokeradar
Good luck on catching them all. :)

TwilightWarrior
08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Wooho! Movie 12 Arceus is now in my hands, and I can get back to Japanese Pokemon Platinum. _awesome_

Oh yeah, I need to download the Darkrai event now. :P
/sobs
Lucky pkmnfan...>_>

the1stpkmnfan
08-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Twilight, dont feel bad at all. Remember, Arceus is already known in the US (as of Friday I think). That's making me think the US Arceus event will happen pretty soon. ;)

Or something soon. I just dont know why they released info on it already.

Sonic62
08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Tangela with Tackle... I don't that happened before Brock. I think the only options were grinding like crazy, Mankey, Butterfree or Nidoran.

To go a little off topic from starters, I need the opinions of you guys on this:
[spoiler:1vuuaa0r]So... my friend accuses me of CHEATING. Why? Because I take Pokemon from different teams of mine, and use them in one battle. All I&#39;m doing is using different Pokemon each time, but he thinks that just because I&#39;m taking Pokemon from teams I built and putting them in a battle together, that... I&#39;m a cheater. To top that off, his argument is "The whole point of having a team, is to use that team and not switch it up, because switching Pokemon makes it so the Pokemon you&#39;re battling with work together too well." Well, doesn&#39;t the EXACT same thing happen when making a team?!

He probably just said that because I kicked his butt 3 out of 3 times, and he was using a Quick Claw, so I can pretty much reverse this. So who do you guys think is right?[/spoiler:1vuuaa0r]
:lol: That makes zero sense. He'd hate battling me, I usually just throw 6 random Pokémon together.

championj
08-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Twilight, dont feel bad at all. Remember, Arceus is already known in the US (as of Friday I think). That's making me think the US Arceus event will happen pretty soon. ;)

Or something soon. I just dont know why they released info on it already.

The Arceus event in the U.S will probably be released around the holiday season. That's my guess at least.

the1stpkmnfan
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Finally got off my lazy butt and downloaded the Darkrai event. The music kinda creeped me out, but it was a great touch. Caught Darkrai, after I chugged 8 Dusk Balls and 5 Ultra Balls. (Ultra Ball caught it)

Thanks to Pachirisu, for paralyzing and weakening Dakrai. And Thanks to Milotic for being there in the capture. :)

And I finished watching the Pokeringer episode, and I loved it. [spoiler:2fcr80go]Great that we dont have to hide the fact about Staravia&#39;s evolution.[/spoiler:2fcr80go]

Now Im gonna do some trading to get my Diamond Pokemon back. And get some from my Ranch.

Slowflake
08-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Now I'm not terribly fond of the anime to say the least, but the latest Japanese title unveiled is the best name for anything in the history of ever. It makes me --sacrilege-- want to SEE the episode!

NicoCW
08-10-2009, 07:08 PM
"The Worst Togepi in History"

I NEED to see that, now! Maybe it will finally be the time the three bozos realize that it's not a good idea to send a Water type against a Water type when you have a perfectly healthy Electric and Grass type right at your service.

On a side note, Dawn telling her Buneary to use Ice Beam on a Glalie makes me want to chuck a table.

Slowflake
08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
600+ episodes in, and they're still trying to bend the laws of time and space with anime physics? As if Blaine's Rhydon hadn't earned the writing staff enough ridicule... I know if I were one of these guys I'd be more careful with what I write after AIM 4 DA HORN became a sensation in the fanbase.

As a side note, I am ashamed to admit I had to look up whether Buneary could learn Ice Beam, since using special attacks on a Buneary is a bad, bad idea. It can, and it can learn Thunderbolt as well... but no Blizzard or Thunder until evolution! Is any other Pokémon capable of learning one but not the other?

DavyBones24
08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Gya! I just finished watching the trailer for the arceus movie, and it looks pretty cool and fancy lol.
Arceus' Japanese voice is B.A!

CodeZTM
08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I gave up trying to analyze their battle tactics when Dawn's Pachirsu beat Gabite. >.>

I think anime attacks are vastly different than game attacks. Plus, we lack the ability to dodge and use two attacks combined.

NicoCW
08-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I used to love the anime until it started getting corny, repetitive and false. By the way, Dawn caught that Buneary in the wild AND IT ALREADY HAD ICE BEAM. It also seems like the characters are getting dumber and dumber. I swear, everytime the opponent sends out their Pokemon first, Ash/Dawn always pick the worst possible choice of Pokemon against them.

I do remember in the Froslass episode, where Ash's Chimchar used Flame Wheel on Glalie, and Brock said "Flame Wheel's super effective!" At that point, I was all like "OH, WOW, THERE IS A BRAIN IN THE GROUP AFTER ALL!"

Well, it gets worse... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8BnqjDB4Y)

Slowflake
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Wild Ice Beam Buneary. Clearly an amazing prodigy, but fell into the worst hands possible. Almost as if Mozart had a block of cheese for a teacher.

CodeZTM
08-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Finish it up with False Swipe? WHAT. THE. [censored]

Admittedly, stupidity in the anime is obvious to gamers, but not as much probably to those in the anime.

It's still amazingly amusing.