PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone fill me in on the later parts of the marathon?

Rubedo
07-25-2009, 04:18 PM
My internet went out for a few days... It was during FF8 and they were just starting the duct tape mummy. Can anyone tell me how the duct tape mummy turned out, and any other notable things that happened after that? Were all the games played or not?

the1stpkmnfan
07-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Not all the games were played, we didn't get to FF12. Around the last couple of hours, FF 4-10-11 were all put in the streams.

After Rob's Duct tape mummy bit, they striped off all the tape on him, and he later went on to play FF10.

In the last 60 mins, 10 was stopped for the rest of the marathon, so Phil could end FF5, and he did.

I hope I cleared some parts for you. :)

awesomedude
07-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Pkmnfan basically covered everything but to go more in depth with the duct tape mummy, they started covering Rob with the duct tape but they ran out half way through. So Rob (with duct tape on) and some others went to the store to get more duct tape. Gwellin recorded this and said it would be uploaded to TSG replay later. When they got back they covered him in duct tape, put christmas lights and an iron man mask on him.

MSico
07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I OWNED EXDEATH AND IT WAS AWESOME.

Also, we made our goal of 50,000 and it was awesome, I fought Baltes with pillows and it was awesome, and we showed the inside of the Hat... and it was awesome. _awesome_

Rubedo
07-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Ah, so FF10 didn't get finished? How far did you guys get?
Why not do another FF marathon later on and finish 10, do 10-2, 12, tactics and maybe one of the Crystal Chronicles games or something?

MSico
07-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Because right now we're so tired of speedrunning Final Fantasy it's not even funny :P

I mean... I bought a couple of the games I was missing so that I can play through the series again... <_< and I'm kind of ashamed of that >_> but I don't intend to speedrun them or play underleveled.

Scruff
07-25-2009, 04:48 PM
I OWNED EXDEATH AND IT WAS AWESOME.

Also, we made our goal of 50,000 and it was awesome, I fought Baltes with pillows and it was awesome, and we showed the inside of the Hat... and it was awesome. _awesome_
:o What horrible timing I have! I hope someone recorded all of that.

Krupa
07-26-2009, 04:35 PM
At the very end all of the guys sang the final countdown and said their goodbye's. It was pretty cool.

Essentia
07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I mean... I bought a couple of the games I was missing so that I can play through the series again... <_< and I'm kind of ashamed of that >_> but I don't intend to speedrun them or play underleveled.
There is absolutely no reason to be ashamed of that. :) Still, I hope that someday you guys will do another FF marathon. Even with how successful this one was, I can't help but wonder if more people would have donated if you'd actually made it through all the games.

MSico
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Good because I'm outside of Elfein and I'm level 16.