PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like this?

Pictocheat
07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Since the Final Fantasy marathon has ended, I've actually felt kind of depressed. Like how you feel when your friend leaves after they've slept over. I'll probably get over it within a day or two, but I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like this.

These are the factors that contribute to my depression:
1. I missed the first two days of the marathon because I was on vacation with my family, so I was really looking forward to it when I got back. I've watched it during almost all my free time since I got back until it ended.
2. I don't have too many things going on in my life right now (like school) to keep my mind off of the marathon.
3. The marathon was a whole week rather than just three days. Even though I only watched five of those days, that's still more than three.
4. Today was a crummy day; it was raining a lot, so there was nothing I could do outside, like go swimming. Therefore I was stuck on my computer doing nothing in particular.
5. I've recently found the awesomeness known as Wind Waker Unplugged. While it is awesome, it also does sound sort of sad due to it's key signature. Unfortunately, it's so awesome I have a hard time keeping it out of my head.

Any feedback is appreciated! It would be nice to help each other make it through the three weeks until the next marathon.

Funny thing is, the Megaman marathon ends on my birthday. I don't know whether to consider this a good or a bad thing.

(Sorry if this wasn't necessarily the right place to make this topic.)

MiniKitty
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I was a little sad because I had so much fun throughout the week, but everyone's still on the forums, and you know that there'll always be another marathon soon!

Edit: I'll have to check out some of those streams too, Calli. :D

gama-chan
07-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I have indded felt like that, especially when your friends don't contact you as often as you'd like. But thats what the forums are for, think of it as an instant access to all of The Speegamers!

blue_chocobo
07-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I've felt depressed because i missed FF9. But i cant wait for the next marathon. Hopefully one of the ones in the near future is PSO or Elderscrolls

Jamesdh17
07-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Well I'm always sort of down so my mood hasn't really changed though i do miss the marathon and the hype of all the money being raised.

Majorlag
07-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I actually was feeling that way as soon as the stream ended. I was like "but what will I do with my time now?". It actually reminded me a lot of my childhood, where we'd all go hang out at this one kids house after school and take turns playing games and doing homework while heckling the player.

Pictocheat
07-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll check out if any community streams are playing.

awesomedude
07-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah I felt exactly the same way. I just went to the forums and also started watching the videos on the TSG replay.

chrismog2
07-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Now I actually have to PLAY the FF games I didn't catch in their entirety. :lol:

It was nice to watch at work, since I'm on swing shift basically scratchin' my can for hours on end.

Carnage
07-25-2009, 11:04 PM
This ALWAYS happens with me. It's really depressing. It brings back memories, and things that you enjoyed doing.

tonyzerwak
07-25-2009, 11:18 PM
maybe tsg will have to do marathons to benefit 'ustream withdrawals' for people in the future :P

Pictocheat
07-25-2009, 11:33 PM
maybe tsg will have to do marathons to benefit 'ustream withdrawals' for people in the future :P
XD I hear ya!

someone70
07-25-2009, 11:38 PM
XD I hear ya!

Lol :lol: I wish that was real. I would totally check it out. For me, "ustream withdrawal" comes before the marathon even ends. Just knowing it'll end makes me feel sad. :cry: Am I too addicted?

awesomedude
07-25-2009, 11:58 PM
XD I hear ya!

Lol :lol: I wish that was real. I would totally check it out. For me, "ustream withdrawal" comes before the marathon even ends. Just knowing it'll end makes me feel sad. :cry: Am I too addicted?

That would be pretty cool if they could do that. It was great when Phil did the CDI games after the zelda marathon. And im pretty sure we're all like that :lol:

TheUserless
07-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Im kinda down cause thats what I was watching gall day now that its over I dont really got anything to watch.

MiniKitty
07-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Nah, I felt like that too. I kept counting down the hours on the last day and it was making me sad. Although I think I was a bit too addicted this week. Oh well, it was totally worth it because I got to meet all of you. :D

zach2m1
07-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I know how you feel man, man due to this week long of awesomeness, I grew this habit of going to bed at 4am and waking up at 6am and then once I wake up I turn on my computer and watch the marathon for the rest of the day. But I am kinda disappointed that it ended. But nothing much you can do about it. But I would recommend checking out TSG replay: http://www.thespeedgamers.com/tsg-replay it has about 4-5 hours of content so that should keep you busy for now. But other than that just hang around the forums if you cant get enough of TSG. =)

Pictocheat
07-26-2009, 12:38 AM

That would be pretty cool if they could do that. It was great when Phil did the CDI games after the zelda marathon. And im pretty sure we're all like that :lol:

I never saw that! I went on The Speed Gamers home page but I never found the CDi gameplay. If a ustream withdrawl program was created, it should be headed by "Dr. Phil". I could only imagine what therapeutic words he would give us.

mayne_show086
07-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I kinda feel like that. Even though this was my first marathon, I felt like I got somewhat acquainted with the players and commentators. It IS like leaving at the end of a week-long camp or something.

But now I've got a new, busy forum to occupy...!

battleangel
07-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah, this week was pretty intense. :) I'm excited about the next upcoming marathon!

skynetmain
07-26-2009, 01:09 AM
I definitely am feeling the withdrawals. I feel worse since all of my friends went home for summer and it is hard to get together as easy like when school is in session.

At least I have TSG replay and a lot of videos and TV to catch up on since all I watched last week was the marathon.

AsherXII
07-26-2009, 03:32 AM
I feel pretty much the same way after a marathon ends. I think more than anything it's due to the amazing community and the communication between you, the commentators, and the other viewers. Don't worry though, TSG will be back with another marathon before you know it.

iHeart_Absol
07-26-2009, 03:49 AM
*throws a "woo no crazy chat" party*

Oh wait, wrong topic.

>_>

Trombonus
07-26-2009, 10:21 AM
I did feel a bit sad when the marathon ended, but to be honest I was more excited at the realization that Mega Man is just a few weeks away. XD Plus I can always see my friends in the stream chats or on IM. There's always something going on.

Bakanekokao
07-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Usually after a marathon I feel as if everything around me is moving too fast and I'm in slow-mo... But I think that's due to lack of sleep XD.

Pictocheat
07-26-2009, 10:33 AM
*throws a "woo no crazy chat" party*

Oh wait, wrong topic.

>_>
Sorry Absol! You and the other chat ops do a great job!

awesomedude
07-26-2009, 10:59 AM
[quote]Lol :lol: I wish that was real. I would totally check it out. For me, "ustream withdrawal" comes before the marathon even ends. Just knowing it'll end makes me feel sad. :cry: Am I too addicted?

I never saw that! I went on The Speed Gamers home page but I never found the CDi gameplay. If a ustream withdrawl program was created, it should be headed by "Dr. Phil". I could only imagine what therapeutic words he would give us.[/quote:18sejbf5]

I don't remember too much about it because it was kind of a while ago, but i think i was watching it on their ustream page. I don't know if it was only there but it'd make sense because they probably didn't want people confusing it with marathons...i guess.

Sonic62
07-26-2009, 11:05 AM
I think there's more of a relief feeling. Got through a long marathon and it's time for rest. :)

MiniKitty
07-26-2009, 11:09 AM
I think there's more of a relief feeling. Got through a long marathon and it's time for rest. :)
Yeah, the thought of sleeping after the marathon was a great feeling. Now I have to get myself back on a normal sleep pattern. I can understand why you'd be relieved though, you OPs were beastly. XD

SilverShadows
07-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I felt pretty sad after the stream ended, seeing as how the Speed Gamers are extremely likable and friendly people and brought out the pure fun in me. The whole end of it was satisfying, but I do distinctly recall me staring at the screen when the stream ended for about a minute before I sigh and said, "Well....I'm bored now."

I then tried to find something else to entertain me...but alas...

Dynamitekyle
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I feel the same. Like, when the stream went off at the end, I just sort of sat there and didn't know what to do. In fact, this morning I woke up and went to the main site and was dumbstruck that there was no stream. At least we have the Megaman marathon to look forward to.

SilverShadows
07-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I feel the same. Like, when the stream went off at the end, I just sort of sat there and didn't know what to do. In fact, this morning I woke up and went to the main site and was dumbstruck that there was no stream. At least we have the Megaman marathon to look forward to.

That's so true. I'm looking forward to it so much. I'm sure many people feel the same way. :mrgreen:

joosha
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
I feel the same, I was so used to waking up early to get a glimpse of everything happening in that room. Addicted.

To all at TSG really really well done. You are an inspiration. Well done on hitting $50,000 and I cannot wait to see how this Megaman marathon goes.

Looking forward to August 14, Sleep well before hand TSG! _metroid_

Krupa
07-26-2009, 04:28 PM
I felt the same exact way. Fortunately i had a camping trip planned the day after so its kept my mind off of it.

Slowflake
07-26-2009, 04:40 PM
I always seem to feel some sort of blues after a marathon. It was especially bad after the Pokémon one ended. Wasn't quite as bad for the ones after that, since I joined the forums right after Zelda.

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, yall can put me to the list of the blues as well. I sort of feel kind of borde in a short period of time. But once more stuff comes up on the forums we wait for, it's worth it I guess. :P

PokemonCheese
07-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I feel the same way when something good happens and it ends. I know whenever I read a good book series and I finish the last book, I get sad because I don't know what else to do. The book is over and there is no continue. I usually look up fan-art and it'll be over or something.
But yeah, I mean, I was a little sad at first but I was like We did such a good thing with all the money raised. There will be more marathons so this can't be the end. The Megaman marathon is only like 3 weeks away.
And there is always these fourms so, all is well in my eyes.
Did that sound okay? I mean, once you talk to people about the marathon and everything, you have a lot to discuss about it and that discussion could lead up to three weeks if you really wanted it to till the next marathon.
I hope this was an okay response.

SilverShadows
07-26-2009, 07:11 PM
It is an okay response because it's completely true, but the feeling of loss probably won't end despite the forums, at least until the next marathon. :D

Slowflake
07-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I think the forums actually can help with the blues somewhat. We can always talk about what we just saw without seeing anything new, and then when the topic's exhausted we should feel just fine. See the FF marathon thread? It's still going for now, but it'll die out eventually.

PokemonCheese
07-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks Silver.
I just like to discuss things when things are over.
I remember when I finished reading the Harry Potter series, I discussed the whole book with all my friends and I wasn't sad about it ending. I was just glad that I had people to talk to about it.
That's why I said maybe the fourms could cure it. You can talk to people about everything that happened and maybe you'll feel happy about it.
But that may not work for everyone.
I'm just expressing my opinion.

Pictocheat
07-26-2009, 07:20 PM
I actually feel a lot better today. I've read your responses and watched a few of the community streams. I haven't felt depressed today at all. Thanks a lot for the replies, guys!

The forums really do help!

Majorlag
07-26-2009, 08:12 PM
You and the other chat ops do a great job!
Indeed. It was hard enough just to be a chatter in there, let alone op! Thank goodness for chat 2.

StandAlone3
07-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah I felt the same way, because even if I wasn't watching, I was still listening and laughing. It seems like this is different than a 3 day marathon, because you get more used to them constantly streaming, you feel more connected to them after a week, because they're always talking.

PKMN4Ever
07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Well, I wasn't depressed because I didn't watch a lot of the marathon (maybe a few hours of the whole thing?) but that's just me :|

Amras89
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I got sad when it ended but then became ecstatic in anticipation for the Megaman Marathon lol. It feels like its gonna take a long time for it to come too...

And the worst part about the FF marathon was that I missed the full day when Tiny Tee played VII, and that's the one I wanted to see the most lol.

CactusChef
07-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I always get these withdrawal symptoms from the marathons. Not only do I miss the gameplay, I miss the wacky antics of TSG. I usually try to keep my mind of it by playing a game from the marathon or similar just to ease myself out of this rut. It does help, however, that we raised a lot of money for ACT-Today!

MikeOfTheCross
07-27-2009, 02:16 AM
I was very sad once the marathon ended. And also mad because I missed the inside of the hat! The feed died for me a second after Phil sat down. Luckily, it was filmed! But yeah, I am anxious for the MegaMan marathon in two and a half weeks.

JaggerG
07-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Think of it like this, guys. It's like Christmas and it comes like seven times a year.

Or if you prefer, "Yes, guys they realize the feed dropped. Just be patient, they're going to get it back up, it's just going to take 18 days."

chrismog2
07-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Or if you prefer, "Yes, guys they realize the feed dropped. Just be patient, they're going to get it back up, it's just going to take 18 days."

*presses TSG button for 18 days* can't sleep, feed will be back... can't sleep, feed will be back...

*twitch*

Don
07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
It is kind of odd to come home from work for a week straight to the stream and then suddenly not have it to watch.

More depressing to me is not being home for any of the Megaman Marathon, though, which is sort of an odd sensation as I'm taking my first vacation in quite a long time and I'm generally excited about it. No marathon goodness for awhile on this end.

Razlu
07-27-2009, 09:47 PM
It is kind of odd to come home from work for a week straight to the stream and then suddenly not have it to watch.

I know how you feel i came home at ten the night it ended and sat down at my laptop and went to the home page and felt and was like "oh yeah....its over" :(

PLUMPKIN
07-28-2009, 12:11 AM
I found TheSpeedGamers last week and have been hooked since. I am definitely still going through withdrawal after the end of that amazing marathon.

As I said in the Meet and Greet section, it's been hard figuring out what to do now that I don't have cute and witty guys keeping me entertained while I go about my daily activities. Or a chat room with hundreds of people that appreciate their antics!

At least I can hang out here until the next marathon!

Mario87
07-29-2009, 01:14 PM
i'm always sad when a marathon ends i dun know y but i get over it in like 2 days

KatTheBard
07-30-2009, 10:21 AM
D'aww. If any of yall are depressed....my chat is almost always open. Come, stay a while, vent. :D