PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your #1 Favorite Anime Season?

coolasj19
07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
i could list of a whole mess load but im just gonna pick one.
Full Metal Alchemist Season 2.
the whole alchemy concept truly grabbed me in.
im gonna regret posting this but years ago when CN ran it i danced to the opening theme. you know have permission to laugh.
i think Phils Hat can use alchemy. _hat_

i know i said #1 but Android 009 just popped into my head

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
07-26-2009, 08:17 PM
i like FMA serise one, considering im waiting for serise two to be dubbed, all fma dub fans rejoice, the FMA premium OVA collection comes out in a little over a week, 8/4/09

i can't pick between Inuyasha, Naruto, and pokemon

The Spoony Bard
07-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Isn't more of Series Two? Or more properly, a reboot that deserves to be referred to by it's own name, as it's a separate entity entirely...

Blassreiter, full series (it's one season, I guess) is my all time favorite.

Fullsilverwolf
07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Full metal alchemist is a great anime. Though I really like Season 1, overall.
Code Geass Season 3 is my favorite (for now)

Dotcom
07-26-2009, 09:12 PM
my favorite would have to be full metal alchemist watch it off and on saturday nights second most favorite would have to one called S-cry-ed not sure if anyone else has heard of it tho.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
07-26-2009, 09:27 PM
i
im gonna regret posting this but years ago when CN ran it i danced to the opening theme. you know have permission to laugh.

i always dance to the FMA opening themes, and Phil's hat must be able to do alchemy

CactusChef
07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
i could list of a whole mess load but im just gonna pick one.
Full Metal Alchemist Season 2.

I'm pretty sure Phil's hat is the Philosopher's Stone in hat form.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, that went an entire season.

Amras89
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I have a few anime's that had one season.

Like S-Cry-Ed, and Trigun, but first season of FMA was pretty awesome.

Garma
07-26-2009, 09:35 PM
My favorite anime season is the first and only season of Blue Submarine No. 6. The post-apocalyptic story, the big-band new jazz music, and the action are pretty incredible.
If you're into dramatic sci-fi "save-humanity-from-itself" series', pick it up. It's only four episodes long at one-hour each.

pkGamerB
07-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't watch much anime, but I love season 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (as you can see from the avatar). _awesome_ The storyline is really good, and the show is hilarious at times.

SilverShadows
07-26-2009, 09:42 PM
I'd have to go with 2nd season of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime, and I basically enjoyed the whole Dark Tournament. That show rarely disappointed me. :D

Servin
07-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Seasons? You mean Arcs lol. I dont think I have one yet I really liked Death Note and GTO but cant really decide on one. So im still looking! Im currently giving Mushishi a run and will look into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Eureka 7, and Samurai 7.

On a side note when talking about FMA Season 2 do you mean the second arc of FMA or FMA:Brotherhood? I consider those 2 separate shows.

Super_Yoshi!
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM

Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime, and I basically enjoyed the whole Dark Tournament. That show rarely disappointed me. :D
THIS THIS THIS THIS.

I love Yu Yu Hakusho. _awesome_

I also loved the concept of having to hunt down a previous spirit detective who went corrupt.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya also had an epic 1st season. I'd like to see the rest of the 2nd season before judging it because it would seem unfair to me just to judge it so far based on the Endless Eight. Ugh. :?

coolasj19
07-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Isn't more of Series Two? Or more properly, a reboot that deserves to be referred to by it's own name, as it's a separate entity entirely...

Blassreiter, full series (it's one season, I guess) is my all time favorite.
uh oh. :? uhh i forgot to explain my personal explanation of a " season".
you see when i say season i mean when the opening theme changes. this usually symbolizes a new story arc. so when i said Full Metal Alchemist Season 2 i meant Series 2 or the 2nd half of season 1.
i don't know. it's always been the way i felt a season started. feel free to disagree.

Luigi110
07-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Cowboy Bebop.

Even though it was only one season.

It still is one of my favorites.

SilverShadows
07-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Cowboy Bebop.

How could I forget about that EPICness?!

I'm ashamed of myself. Cowboy Bebop was amazing to me as well and the ending left me literally in tears. It still does! :cry:

caramelslice
07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Can't say I have a number one favorite...but I do have a top 5 favorite...the placement changes from time to time...if I had to pick a number one it'd have to be between

- Gunslinger Girl
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Kino's Journey
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

CactusChef
07-26-2009, 10:20 PM

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

I love Yu Yu Hakusho. _awesome_

I also loved the concept of having to hunt down a previous spirit detective who went corrupt.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya also had an epic 1st season. I'd like to see the rest of the 2nd season before judging it because it would seem unfair to me just to judge it so far based on the Endless Eight. Ugh. :?
I don't think there's much to judge from a season, if at least half of it is Endless Eight. Actually, I can judge it as a waste of time and a troll by Kadokawa and KyoAni. It is slowly turning me from liking the series to hating it.

coolasj19
07-26-2009, 10:23 PM
i know this might spur a fight but endless eight might end Haruhi. even though those hardcore anime lovers manage to validate each episode with a reason too insignificant for me to grasp i just see it as burning money and Haruhis future.
these people animate each episode completely different and it takes the same amount of massive money. i highly doubt endless eight is drawing in new fans either. the way most see it , including to a degree I also, they are either trying to slyly end Haruhi in the most ingenuous way possible or. trying to see if they can bully us fans around, knowing Haruhi fans are pretty darn loyal.
if they can, expect more endless eight esque stunts and expect almost nobody to buy DVD's therefore destroying Haruhi.
*sigh*
*equips flame shield* prays i dont need it :cry:

darn PS3 and it's character limits

Froznpanther
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
If based off of seasons then Naruto and the Chuunin exam Arc season 2 or three not sure anymore.

Favorite anime: Outlaw Star, Escaflowne, Trigun, X....Then naruto and bleach with cowboy bebop.......

Cross-Warrior
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
My favorite Anime Season is Clannad Season 2. tho, Season 1 is awesome! i just love seasons 2's opening theme.

Seifer
07-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, Cowboy Bebop. They managed to jam so much drama, humor and style into a mere 26 episodes. There are so many memorable one-time characters, too, like the Teddy Bomber or Andy or Fad or, well, I could keep going for a while.

the1stpkmnfan
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
For Sonic X, I think I liked Season 2 the best. (Episodes 27-52) They were quite good, and had 2 arcs from 2 of the Sonic games (Adv and Adv 2) and they were quite good. I better go to the 4kidstv website and watch those again.

For Winx Club, I think Season 3 was quite good. But I realize there is a 4th season in airing (but just for Italy atm). If it comes in the US, I bet I would like this season a bit more.

imdragonreborn
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
My favorite Anime Season is Clannad Season 2. tho, Season 1 is awesome! i just love seasons 2's opening theme.
Yeah, Clannad season 2 was nice, but if there's one anime that I tend to go back and rewatch for a specific season it would have to be... Well, I guess there isn't one like that, normally after I finish an anime series, I just leave it on my hard drive unwatched again.

But my favorite lately has to have been season 2 Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2.

Monk
07-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Id have to say my favorite anime is Black Lagoon. The Hellsing Ultimate OVA's are a close second.

AlanEdgeHead
07-27-2009, 05:47 AM
My favorite Anime Season would have to be Season Three of Dragonball Z. I will let the cover art and back of the box do the explaining for me. It's just the epicness that is the Frieza Saga.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8387/28474984.th.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV20A1Sr)

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/541/14357751.th.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxhrD4A)

Mezix
07-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Dragonball. Don't know if sagas count as seasons but I really liked the Tournament Saga.

Elvis Aint Dead
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Haven't watched much anime, but I'd have to say Haruhi Season 1. It was pretty amazing and changed my opinion about anime.

SonikkuMan
07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I'd say 1st season of Haruhi (like most) and second season of Shugo Chara (which is called Shugo Chara Doki) due to Ikuto crashing at Amu's place :p

BlackExcalibur
07-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Cowboy Bebop.

I'm going with this. Cowboy Bebop is amazing and still my favorite anime.

DrewStern
07-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Last Season Code Lyoko!

Bakanekokao
07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
onikakushi hen in Higurashi no naku koro ni

SpeedStrike7
07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I dont know what season but the bleach vizard arc season D: maybe 6?

john.doe
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
ouh.. my favourite anime ever:
First season of "Gunslinger Girl".. so short, but so totally awesome!

coolasj19
07-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Season Code Lyoko!
wow! what was that Miguzi or something right?

im surprised nobody has said Death Note.

07-28-2009, 02:52 PM
this is probably the hardest question i have ever been asked...
i am going with the 1st season of Haruhi or 1st season of Pani Poni Dash.... i can't decide DX

Sonic62
07-30-2009, 02:40 AM
The original Pokémon series.

skynetmain
07-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Just going to go with the first season of my favorite series, Hayate no Gotoku. It sticks reliably close to the manga. I just wish they did the tiger in a washing machine scene from the comics :( (Yes. In the manga, there is a scene where a tiger is trapped in a washing machine like a tiger trapped in a washing machine.)

I'd also list Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, and Hyakko as some of my favorites that are only one season long. The first season of Minami-ke and Galaxy Angel are also pretty fun.

asinineone
07-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Toradora

BelgianTIM
07-30-2009, 04:48 AM
Berserk.... Its a shame they discontinued the anime.

DarkG
07-31-2009, 03:24 AM
First season of what I feel a really underrated anime: Hajime no Ippo

TheFinnGamer
07-31-2009, 05:47 AM
The Thriller Bark season of One Piece, <3 Brook <3

Ruju
07-31-2009, 10:33 AM
First 25 episodes of Death Note >___>

Was I really the first person to mention this? XP

And uh, Yu Yu Hakusho is my fav...for favorite season....The Dark Tournement and the Chapter Black saga

Ninboycl
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
TOTALLY TMOHS SEASON 2 MANG!

ENDLESS EIGHT FTW.

Samuraiiuk
07-31-2009, 05:59 PM
The Entire of the Ginyu - Freeza Saga, I know that technically counts as 2 seasons, but it was so damn epic, Goku training on his ship, accidentally putting on 9999GForce, then training under that, first time going Super Saiyan as well, defeating freeza (orly? I've only seen up to the end of the Freeza saga Btw).

Such Epicness.

Death Note, I know it's only one season but..It was also probably one of the best animes I've ever seen.

And maybe, Naruto Season 2, not Shippuuden, when they're all in the Arena and they all have to fight. I used to love Naruto.

Gwellin
07-31-2009, 11:41 PM
First 25 episodes of Death Note >___>

Was I really the first person to mention this? XP
That is surprising, and I completely agree. The first half of Death Note was much better than the second.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
08-01-2009, 07:46 AM
best Anime fight

Naruto vs. Sasuke

Samuraiiuk
08-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh?

I thought the ending of Death Note was excellent.

kratos456
08-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Enies Lobby Arc of One Piece.

pikminsquad2148
08-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I <3 All the Seasons of One Piece but mainly Season 3

Ninboycl
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Well then.
A few days ago I finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. *Not End Of Evangelion yet.. :S*

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

I can tell why Rust is obsessorated with it..

..but..

The last 2 episodes.. they destroy your mind. After watching them, I went into a 2 day coma of mindless TF2 playing. @.@

I still like Season 1 *I MEAN 2* of TMOHS the best.. but NGE is like... infinitely close to favorite.

Ruju
08-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Oh?

I thought the ending of Death Note was excellent.

The very last episode I like, cause it differs from manga, and I like the song that plays while he's running. Very sad. I might have cried. But I cry super easy so that really doesn't say much. :lol:

Oculin
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
School Rumble... season? Hmm..... I think i might go with 2.... but its been so long since I've watched season 2 i cant really remember what happens. I just like the entire series. Sad it finally ended : <

onikakushi hen in Higurashi no naku koro ni

Meakashi chapter was my favorite

[spoiler:3kjv874k]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/oculin/AmiCuteuguuuAAHHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
Am I cute? Uguu~[/spoiler:3kjv874k]

AlanEdgeHead
08-06-2009, 04:00 AM
best Anime fight

Naruto vs. Sasuke

Pssht. Goku versus Frieza all the way, my friend. :D

Oculin
08-06-2009, 11:27 AM
best Anime fight

Naruto vs. Sasuke

pfffh Kenshiro vs Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A&fmt=18

the1stpkmnfan
08-07-2009, 09:08 AM
For the Pokemon DP series, Im gonna have to say that the 12th season is my favorite. Even though it's still airing, but I cant wait for the rest of the exciting episodes to come.

aStupidGecko
09-22-2009, 02:05 PM
As for me, the first season of Bleach, mainly due it being funny

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
09-22-2009, 02:29 PM
the whole FMA serise, come one, that's a serise of epic portportions

lionheart91
09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Digimon Season 1 will always be my favorite. Some other seasons that I like a lot are:

Digimon Seasons 2-4
Dragonball World Tournament Sagas
DBZ Cell/Majin Buu Sagas
Ouran High School Host Club
YuYu Hakusho Dark Tournament Saga
Teen Titans Seasons 2 and 4

Tacx
09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I <3 All the Seasons of One Piece but mainly Season 3

I can't ever remember the one piece seasons by, this was season 1, or this was season 2, it all kinda blurs together for me, but i absolutely love one piece and it is hands down my favorite anime. On that note, which season was season 3. As for my favorite season, it will likely be the one thats showing in the manga right now, i won't spoil it for those that dont read it though.

aStupidGecko
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
best Anime fight

Naruto vs. Sasuke

pfffh Kenshiro vs Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A&fmt=18

man forget you, Phil's Hat Vs Urahara's Hat is the best

DrewStern
09-22-2009, 07:30 PM
best Anime fight

Naruto vs. Sasuke

Uh, Ulrich vs. Dark Ulrich Anyone?

lionheart91
09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the uber epic Metapod vs Metapod battle from Pokemon for best anime fight.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the uber epic Metapod vs Metapod battle from Pokemon for best anime fight.

how could I forget about that one, the most epic battle in all of Pokemon

Haruka
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Well, definitely the Digimon & Pokémon series' first seasons, in their pure simplicity while not being simple in any existing means..

HKPhooey
09-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Samurai Champloo, but I don't know if I like season 1 or 2 better, so I'll say it's a tie between the two :lol: