PDA

View Full Version : Most under-appreciated Gamecube games?

Silentbob
07-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I never thought Eternal Darkness got its proper due. What games do you guys think deserved more lovin'?

localretard
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Beyond Good and Evil, Skies of Arcadia: Legends

iHeart_Absol
07-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Zoids Battle Legends.... Or maybe it's for a good reason. *curses Mission mode*

awesomedude
07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
monopoly party...definitely...no im kidding that game was horrible. i don't really know any under-appreciated games. i mainly bought the games that were popular (and monopoly party for some reason) so im not really sure.

SilverLPJ
07-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Cubivore

Silentbob
07-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Beyond Good and Evil, Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Yesssssssss.

NSB
07-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Cubivore
1080 Avalanche
PuyoPop Fever

Oculin
07-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Baten Kaitos
Killer 7
Skies of Arcadia Legends (guess tis a Dreamcast game really)
Resident Evil 0 (not as popular as the other ones)
Cubivore
Geist
1080 Avalanche
Batallion Wars
Chibi Robo
Eternal Darkness
XIII

pretty big list but like them all, i could probably list off some more

TheUserless
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Beyond Good and Evil was a great game I rented it thinking it would be a ok game and I just loved it so much.

SeriousKano
07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
TimeSplitters 1 and 2 are quite underrated.

CodeZTM
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Kirby Air Ride. Seriously, one of the most addicting and fun games to play with the whole family. =D Plus, it's the first game that got my little sister into playing video games.

Super_Yoshi!
07-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Luigi's Mansion needs more looooooove. :[

And a sequel. PLEASE.

shadedevlin
07-29-2009, 03:08 AM
MGS: The Twin Snakes. Mostly because while it is a remake, I find that I just can't play some parts of MGS for PS1, because I suck at the controls. I can never fire any gun fast enough. Thank goodness that firing a gun is what you don't want to be doing often. (still, boss fights...)

Haven't played Eternal Darkness, (Yet. I want it bad.) but if I had, I'd probably be mentioning it.

Four Swords Adventures. This is so made of win, but so hard to actually get people together and play. (For those not familiar, you needed to link 4 GBAs to the gamecube. Couldn't play with 4 GC controllers at all.) With the DS/Wii wireless setup and such, It would be so much easier to do nowadays. So, where is it?

Pac-Man VS. It was bundled with Pac-Man World... 3? Anyway, same thing as Four Swords Adventures in terms of multiplayer.

Sonic62
07-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Sonic Heroes
Shadow The Hedgehog

Sub-Laguz
07-29-2009, 05:33 AM
TimeSplitters 1 and 2 are quite underrated.

I think you mean 2 and 3, but yeah, I totally agree. Even though they weren't Gamecube exclusives.
Second Sight, also made by Free Radical, is also highly underappreciated.
Geist and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour are too.

Amras89
07-29-2009, 07:28 AM

And a sequel. PLEASE.

I loved that game so much lol. I'm gonna have to play it again. :mrgreen:

waffle681
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm not kidding when I say this, Shrek. It was the one where you travel as a group of four and it was really fun. I think it was shrek two. But I got it and I played it like three times through. It was a really fun game. :mrgreen:

crazyguy606
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM

And a sequel. PLEASE.

I think Luigi needs more of his games. Be pretty interesting. :D

Silentbob
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM

And a sequel. PLEASE.

I think Luigi needs more of his games. Be pretty interesting. :D

I have always been disappointed with Luigi's treatment as a character. Making him an unlock-able in Galaxy is not enough, the man needs his own adventure game!!

SeriousKano
07-29-2009, 06:16 PM
I think you mean 2 and 3, but yeah, I totally agree. Even though they weren't Gamecube exclusives.
That's what I meant. It always confuses me because I never had the first game because I only had a GameCube. Also the third installment is not called 3 but Future Perfect. Confusion = Perfect.

Oculin
07-30-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm not kidding when I say this, Shrek. It was the one where you travel as a group of four and it was really fun. I think it was shrek two. But I got it and I played it like three times through. It was a really fun game. :mrgreen:
I remember hearing that those weren't too bad, but i don't think ill be grabbing them lol.

07-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Skies of Arcadia: Legends, needs to get more attention >.>

shadedevlin
07-30-2009, 03:04 AM
I remember hearing that those weren't too bad, but i don't think ill be grabbing them lol.
I had the PS2 port, which was fine, cause I also had the 4-player adapter. Anyway... Shrek 2 was pretty good, although it pretty much was like X-Men Legends or that genre of games. I did like the character-based puzzles, though, and the fighting never got too overwhelming.

Another GCN game that I liked is From Russia With Love. I really didn't like some of the stuff they added to it (like the last level,) because it totally threw the story told by the movie out the window, but what levels they had fit the look and feel of the movie really well. And the combat engine was nice, although the difficulty curve was kinda high. And who doesn't like that the first Bond, Sean Connery, came back to do the voice acting?

the1stpkmnfan
07-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I see a lot of people sometimes who don't like Super Mario Sunshine. Sigh, if they just give it a try, they'll love it. But they have vary reasons why they don't like it. For example, they say they don't like it.

Seriously, I <3 Sunshine. And it's my fav Mario game.

Fullsilverwolf
07-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I see a lot of people sometimes who don't like Super Mario Sunshine. Sigh, if they just give it a try, they'll love it. But they have vary reasons why they don't like it. For example, they say they don't like it.

I've actually began playing Sunshine a couple of days ago, It's very addicting to play and so much fun. Sure it's not Galaxy, but it not that bad. :)

I thought Luigi's Mansion was a great game, I wish it had a sequel.

Pikmin doesn't seem to be getting that much attention either :(

Silentbob
07-30-2009, 08:33 PM

I loved sunshine! The only thing that got annoying were those damn constant D.E.B.S. alerts, even if they were essential to the game.

DarkG
08-01-2009, 08:26 AM
I think Killer 7 was under rated and I thought F-Zero GX was under rated as well.

Masamune
08-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Doshin the Giant was under-rated in my opinion, as it was an absolutely divine little God game. I also think that LoZ: The Wind Waker was needlessly critisized for it's graphics. (They were beutiful, beautiful I tell you!!!)

Oculin
08-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Doshin the Giant was under-rated in my opinion, as it was an absolutely divine little God game.
Never came out here in america : < at least we got Cubivore though. I was thinking about importing Doshin the Giant some time.

BlueBlazer
08-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Killer 7 and F-Zero GX.

Masamune
08-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Doshin the Giant was under-rated in my opinion, as it was an absolutely divine little God game.
Never came out here in america : < at least we got Cubivore though. I was thinking about importing Doshin the Giant some time.

Get an Action Replay and import the U.K. version. It is amazing. <33 _awesome_

Oculin
08-02-2009, 08:15 AM

Get an Action Replay and import the U.K. version. It is amazing. <33 _awesome_
Ive already got Geckos, just a matter of when i get the money for it.

Masamune
08-02-2009, 10:34 AM

You can get it for around 10-15 quid off of play.com, and the U.S. equivilant of that would be about $15-20 odd.

Oculin
08-02-2009, 12:48 PM

You can get it for around 10-15 quid off of play.com, and the U.S. equivilant of that would be about $15-20 odd.
Doesn't look like they ship internationally though :<

CaptainX24
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Cubivore
Yes, Cubivore was undoubtedly amazing. It was survival of the fittest with a few RPG elements. It kind of makes me think of Melee! Pokemon Scramble.

BeastingYouForever
08-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Soul Caliber. The one where Link was in it. Never stopped playing it.

Oculin
08-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Soul Caliber. The one where Link was in it. Never stopped playing it.
Forgot about that one, i still play it off and on~ but I've bought more fighters recently so I'm playing it less and less. I usually play Tatsunoko vs Capcom when i wanna play a fighter. Got Virtua fighter 4 Evolution for 5$ the other day too.

untuxable
08-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball Monkeyball 2.
And SSX 3.
Monkeyball? Monkeyball. I<3 Monkeyball.

kratos456
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Mario Sunshine. I've heard that many people don't like this game, but its one of my favourite mario games. Sunshine>>>>>> Galaxy.

Oculin
08-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Super Mario Sunshine. I've heard that many people don't like this game, but its one of my favourite mario games. Sunshine>>>>>> Galaxy.
I enjoyed it, i just found galaxy to be a better game. My main issue with Sunshine is the blue coins...i hate them so much.

MiniKitty
08-08-2009, 11:34 AM

I love this game so, so much. I'm so glad that I decided to give it a try, because now it's one of my favorite games ever. xD

And I still agree that Luigi's Mansion needs a sequel. The game had such a different and fresh feel to it, after playing so many Mario games. I think it's Luigi's turn for the spotlight again.

Remino52
08-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Baten Kaitos
Cubivore

Along with F-Zero GX, and Pikmin as well.

Sonic62
08-09-2009, 02:41 AM
After playing Luigi's Mansion the other day for the first time in years, I actually forgot just how incredible it is. <3 It's just so much fun, and it looks great!

BobberyFan98
08-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Sonic heroes.......love that game.

Flowing Ice
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Eternal darkness without a doubt
Zelda: Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion

Of all the GC games I still own, those may be the only ones.

Oculin
08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Sonic Heroes sold 5,050,000 copies total over all systems .... I don't think it was really unappreciated lol.

BobberyFan98
08-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Sonic Heroes sold 5,050,000 copies total over all systems .... I don't think it was really unappreciated lol.
Thanks for your input oculin, i never knew. I just knew that all the sonic adventure fanboys (which im not against adventure in any way, but im sick and tired of the fanboys) hated it, and many reviewers said most of the same thing.

WiiFanBoy
08-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Starfox Assult

Sonic62
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes, like Bobbery said, it's under-appreciated because of the hate, not the sales.

Remino52
08-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Starfox Assult

Thank you. http://www.neoseeker.com/i/icons/closed_eyes.gif

Carnage
08-14-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are a little bit overshadowed as a Nintendo Franchise.

StealthKnight1
08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
cubivore
Chibi-robo
Pikmin 1,2
Baitos katios 1,2
Lost magic 1,2
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart: Double Dash
180 avalanche
And probably a ton more.

Marche100
08-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't agree with Beyond Good and Evil or Super Mario Sunshine, but that's just because I don't like either one as much as everyone else does. (Super Mario Sunshine's a good game, but I don't think it was excellent or anything.)

I think Sonic Heroes and Kirby's Air Ride also deserved what they got. I really hated those games. :|

One game I do think is underappreciated is Luigi's Mansion. An excellent game that pretty much got forgotten quickly. We need a sequel. Pikmin was a very good game too, and although they made a sequel, I still think it was underappreciated.

As for Wind Waker, I think that reviewers were wrong to criticize graphics, but I still think they gave it positive reviews.

I could talk about more games, but I'll stop there.

Oculin
08-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I think Sonic Heroes and Kirby's Air Ride also deserved what they got. I really hated those games. :|

I thought Kirby air ride was terrible at first, then i turned HP on and i was like "It's like smash bros racing!" And i had tons of fun with it after that. Definitely can see why people wouldn't like it though, i got it for like 15$

PaperNapkin
08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Hello Kitty's Roller Rescue. I rented this game one night as a joke and it turned out to be one of the greatest nights I've had in a long while. Albeit relatively short and simplistic in design, I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish.

Dash
08-22-2009, 08:53 AM
cubivore
Chibi-robo
Pikmin 1,2
Baitos katios 1,2
Lost magic 1,2
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart: Double Dash
180 avalanche
And probably a ton more.
Lost Magic was a DS game. I think you mean Lost Kingdom.

F-Zero GX was by far the most under-appreciated, under-rated, under-played, under-everything, game ever. It's also one of my favorite games on the Gamecube. Everything about it is amazing. One of the best soundtracks in any game, quite possibly the best graphics on the Gamecube (and better then half of the games on the Wii), great gameplay, and amazing difficulty. Not to mention forty machines to unlock, machine customization, and amazing course designs. It sadness me whenever I go to my Gamestop and see the same used copy on the shelf that's been there for months for a mere $7.

High five for the two others who said F-Zero GX. :D

GoldGameMaster
09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Billy hatcher = fun game though under-appriciated.. (Shame my disc is missing though) I'd recommend it. Its challanging,adicting, and the boss musics just plain rock.

aStupidGecko
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
P.N.03 was a good game

Oculin
09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
P.N.03 was a good game
I wanted to try that game. I forgot about it. It was on my birthday list for like 2 or 3 years. Idk why.

BlueBlazer
09-13-2009, 06:33 AM
F-Zero GX was by far the most under-appreciated, under-rated, under-played, under-everything, game ever. It's also one of my favorite games on the Gamecube. Everything about it is amazing. One of the best soundtracks in any game, quite possibly the best graphics on the Gamecube (and better then half of the games on the Wii), great gameplay, and amazing difficulty. Not to mention forty machines to unlock, machine customization, and amazing course designs. It sadness me whenever I go to my Gamestop and see the same used copy on the shelf that's been there for months for a mere $7.

High five for the two others who said F-Zero GX. :D
Agreed. I love that game so much. Easily in my top ten games of all time. I've put countless hours into it.

The Viewtiful Joe games are under-appreciated. Except for Red Hot Rumble, that game is terrible. Also the Baten Kaitos games, Killer 7, and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.

AtrumLevitas
09-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Yu-gi-oh: The Falsebound Kingdom
Sure some with criticize my choice, but I loved the game because it had 3 different storylines that intertwined with each other. I also enjoyed the battle system and the beautiful graphics.

diddyknux
09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I think Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog are kinda underrated. They are no where near perfect, and Heroes is probably the weakest of the 3D Sonic's (except perhaps 06) but, they aren't as horrible as people like to say.

Deja vu, I feel like I've posted something similar to this before. My apologies if I have. :o

the1stpkmnfan
09-30-2009, 10:06 PM
I frankly agree diddy. Both are great games I enjoy to this day. Just playing around the same levels are what I like to do best. :P

Sonic62
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I think Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog are kinda underrated. They are no where near perfect, and Heroes is probably the weakest of the 3D Sonic's (except perhaps 06) but, they aren't as horrible as people like to say.

Deja vu, I feel like I've posted something similar to this before. My apologies if I have. :o
Haven't posted it here yet, but those two were in the four I posted. :D

Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Sonic Heroes
Shadow The Hedgehog

GoldGameMaster
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM

I agree to that one diddyknux. Its a shame no one can play a game without finidng some crtisism t throw at it. Just have fun playing the game for petesake

diddyknux
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I forgot to mention this, but Sonic Riders was also a gamecube game underappreciated. Sonic Riders is a actually a very competent racing game in its own right. The story for that game is rather ridiculous, yes, but if a game itself is fun enough, I can look past that. It even gives us a touch of nostalgia with some classic Saturn and Dreamcast characters and settings. And anyone who says the controls were bad doesn't understand the concept of a learning curve. :x

Oculin
10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
To be honest I'm not sure how well they were received, but I felt the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games on GCN were pretty fun. the 3rd one not so much cause there were some eeeh levels. Second one was good though, sad it got stolen from me.

Sonic62
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I forgot to mention this, but Sonic Riders was also a gamecube game underappreciated. Sonic Riders is a actually a very competent racing game in its own right. The story for that game is rather ridiculous, yes, but if a game itself is fun enough, I can look past that. It even gives us a touch of nostalgia with some classic Saturn and Dreamcast characters and settings. And anyone who says the controls were bad doesn't understand the concept of a learning curve. :x
Oh wow this! I actually enjoyed it more than Mario Kart Double Dash. The game was a blast, my favorite racer on the GCN.

irishwinger10
10-07-2009, 09:53 PM

Omg i used to LOVE this game. I still play zero gravity on my wii every once in a while when i find it.

I think FF: crystal chronicles and zelda 4 swords were under appreciated since it was hard to find 4 link up cords to get 4 gba's up and running. My friend got 4 during 6th grade ,though, so some of us used to always go over to his house on fridays after school and play those for hours on end :D

GrimsChild
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
I personally thought the first two GC Super monkey ball games are under-rated (The less said about the wii version the better), Probably the last truly inventive and original games Sega created before constantly making awful Sonic games.

Oculin
10-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I still play monkey target in teh original one today lol. I never got around to picking up the second one. Yeah the first Wii one is horrible, Idk how step and roll were turn out. I think the biggest problem with the Wii one was the tacked on mini games and the way you had to hold the controller.

GrimsChild
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I think the biggest problem with the Wii one was the tacked on mini games and the way you had to hold the controller.

That wasn't really much of a problem for me, the one thing that REALLY ruined it for is that they added a jump button, making the whole game completly different and not the "Marble Madness 2.0: Primate edition" the previous games were.

untuxable
10-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I think the biggest problem with the Wii one was the tacked on mini games and the way you had to hold the controller.

That wasn't really much of a problem for me, the one thing that REALLY ruined it for is that they added a jump button, making the whole game completly different and not the "Marble Madness 2.0: Primate edition" the previous games were.
Agreed. In the GC Monkeyballs, half the fun was figuring out how to complete the level, and the other half was figuring out OTHER ways to beat the level. Most of those alternate paths required some fancy pants way to get up in the air and hop over a gap, wall, or possibly the whole level. By adding in a jump buttion, the game designers took out the challenge of finding ways to get up in the air, therefore ruining half the game. Not to mention the monkeys looked really stupid, but that's just me.

AweStriker
10-09-2009, 08:16 AM

Agreed. In the GC Monkeyballs, half the fun was figuring out how to complete the level, and the other half was figuring out OTHER ways to beat the level. Most of those alternate paths required some fancy pants way to get up in the air and hop over a gap, wall, or possibly the whole level. By adding in a jump buttion, the game designers took out the challenge of finding ways to get up in the air, therefore ruining half the game. Not to mention the monkeys looked really stupid, but that's just me.

Yeah, that sums it up quite neatly. One of my cousins has the DS one, and seriously, FPS and monkey ball don't mix.

Sonic62
10-10-2009, 01:54 AM
I personally thought the first two GC Super monkey ball games are under-rated (The less said about the wii version the better), Probably the last truly inventive and original games Sega created before constantly making awful Sonic games.
Funny, they don't constantly make awful Sonic games. It's admittedly only happened a couple times. :?

GrimsChild
10-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Funny, they don't constantly make awful Sonic games. It's admittedly only happened a couple times.

Eh, I havent really been a fan of the recent sonic games since Sonic adventure 2. Matter of opinion I guess :/

InuNaruPokeAlchemist
10-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Kirby Air Ride. Seriously, one of the most addicting and fun games to play with the whole family. =D Plus, it's the first game that got my little sister into playing video games.

Becausr you mentioned that, I have the sudden urge to play my copy of that game.

PK_Koopa
10-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Funny, they don't constantly make awful Sonic games. It's admittedly only happened a couple times. :?
Sonic Heroes, Shadow the hedgehog and Sonic 06 were riddiculously bad
Sonic Unleashed was fun but the werehog stages were horrible and i've yet to play Black Knight.
I have mixed feelings about secret rings. The only games that were classics recently were the rush series.

As for the topic..I guess I would say Pikmin series because it was mostly over looked in terms of sales(although I might be wrong) but then again I have heard people talk about it so it might not be exactly under apreciated.

Oculin
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
As for the topic..I guess I would say Pikmin series because it was mostly over looked in terms of sales(although I might be wrong) but then again I have heard people talk about it so it might not be exactly under apreciated.
The original GCN ones sold above 1mil but for a major Nintendo franchise Pikmin was going to be, yeah it is a bit disappointing. I'm sad I sold my copy of the first game, maybe one day I'll pick up the new play control games.

Funny I call my self of Gamecube Fanboy But I don't own MP2 or Pikmin 1 and 2

Sonic Unleashed was fun but the werehog stages were horrible and i've yet to play Black Knight.
I have mixed feelings about secret rings. The only games that were classics recently were the rush series.

Inb4storm

PK_Koopa
10-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Ok well I guess I was a bit rude to Sonic heroes because it provided some entertainment since I enjoyed playing as Sonic, Amy was kinda boring, Shadow's was just completly boring and Chaotix was a chore. "What I'm made of" is a great song though.

Other games that come to mind at the moment would be Beyond good and evil, which I actually didn't play but my sister bought it.
This was probably said already but I never heard anyone talk about F-Zero GX either that or I happen to miss all the topics where someone praises it.

GrimsChild
10-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Ok well I guess I was a bit rude to Sonic heroes because it provided some entertainment since I enjoyed playing as Sonic, Amy was kinda boring, Shadow's was just completly boring and Chaotix was a chore. "What I'm made of" is a great song though.

As much as I hated Heroes, The music was pretty silly in a good way (Main theme & Chaotix theme)

This was probably said already but I never heard anyone talk about F-Zero GX either that or I happen to miss all the topics where someone praises it.

I think it is because F Zero is a series that has only really catered to a specific group of fans genre wise compared to the universal appeal of Mario & Zelda and GX is considdered inferioir to X (Which I couldn't disagree with more)

And Killer7 is also very under-rated (Forgot if I mentioned this) Shame really considdering it's my favourite game.

Panda
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm surprised so many people in here mentioned Cubivore. That makes me gleeful. ^.^

Though it's a port, Ikaruga needs more love, too. Also, Gotcha Force (despite the horrid voice acting).

WindWaker910
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Chibi-Robo.

Sonic62
11-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Inb4storm
Inafterstorm?

Oculin
11-28-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think I've mentioned this, but quite some time ago I imported Kururin Squash, a Japanese only Monkey Ball type game. It was pretty cool. The Graphics were colorful and it had some great music. The multi-player left much to be desired. Also I have no idea what was happening during the cutscenes but they were just too cute for me to not like. If you have a way to play region locked games on Gamecube I'd highly recommend it. Play-Asia almost always has it discounted at like $10.

Basically the concept of the game is you are in a maze and you are a ball with two spinning blades on your side. You couldn't really control the speed of the spin so you had to navigate this maze while making sure the edges of your propellers didn't touch anything. Also they had a flame thrower propellers which was absolutely amazing.

Europeans can check out the original GBA game because that was released there. Australians can check out Both of the GBA games since oddly enough the 2nd GBA title was only released in Japan and Australia.

GrimsChild
11-29-2009, 03:30 AM
I don't think I've mentioned this, but quite some time ago I imported Kururin Squash, a Japanese only Monkey Ball type game. It was pretty cool. The Graphics were colorful and it had some great music. The multi-player left much to be desired. Also I have no idea what was happening during the cutscenes but they were just too cute for me to not like. If you have a way to play region locked games on Gamecube I'd highly recommend it. Play-Asia almost always has it discounted at like $10.

Basically the concept of the game is you are in a maze and you are a ball with two spinning blades on your side. You couldn't really control the speed of the spin so you had to navigate this maze while making sure the edges of your propellers didn't touch anything. Also they had a flame thrower propellers which was absolutely amazing.

Europeans can check out the original GBA game because that was released there. Australians can check out Both of the GBA games since oddly enough the 2nd GBA title was only released in Japan and Australia.

I've heard of that!

Wasn't meant to be a Wii seuqel for that in Japan?

Oculin
11-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I've heard of that!

Wasn't meant to be a Wii seuqel for that in Japan?

Honestly I don't remember D: but theres already 3 games in the series, the 2 GBA ones and the GCN one. If the GBA ones are anything like the GCN one you don't need to know any Japanese to play it. I wouldn't say go out of your way to find a way to play region locked games for the GCN one, but if you already have a way then its a great game if you buy it cheap~. I just wish I could find the OST somewhere D:

mitamaking
12-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Not many people talk about this improvement to the Dreamcast game, I loved the multiplayer, and the connectivity to the GBA was done well, raising Chaos takes so much time.

norborb
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Vietiful Joe 1 and 2 if you call those under-appreciated.
Phantasy Star Online ver.1 and 2/ ver. 1 and 2 plus were discontinued so not everyone got to play them. shame really.
Killer 7, the game blew my mind. So crazy

JudasCrawley
12-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I think shadow the hedgehog was hugely underrated. It was fresh and exiting with a few elements of sonic in it

robyrose
12-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I think Starfox Adventures was underrated, no one really talked about it and I liked how it was different from previous Starfox games.

Panda
12-20-2009, 12:54 PM
I think Starfox Adventures was underrated, no one really talked about it and I liked how it was different from previous Starfox games.
From my experience, many people talked of it, but not in a good light. I thought it was pretty decent, but I've yet to talk to anyone in real life who agrees.

Anyway, I've always felt that Kirby: Air Ride was pretty under-appreciated. Sure, some of the modes weren't all that fun, but City Trial is INCREDIBLY addicting.

TourettesOnFire
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Time Splitters series for the gamecube, very enjoyable for that console :D

kittycabaret
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
windwaker... epic game, but I know a lot of people who wont play it because
quote: "Link does not belong on the ocean"
those people anger me =(

Sub-Laguz
12-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I liked how it was different from previous Starfox games.
The single reason why I loved it. Oh, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjSY5rL ... L&index=25 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjSY5rLnMk&feature=PlayList&p=3924A711D4E40257&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=25) <3

Cameroon
12-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I've always thought Starfox Assault was a great game. Has one of the best multiplayer modes on the Gamecube IMO.

BuizelBro
12-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Cubivore

_objection_ .... i was gonna say that

Wolfz
12-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I always found that most people preferred Pikmin 2 over Pikmin 1 because of the length and no day limit and stuff. While Pikmin 2 might be the better game production wise, I always like the first better (and I played it after the second)

Because of the day limit, Pikmin 1 is easy to come back to and replay to lower your time. The Pikmin types were also more balanced in this one (In pikmin 2 reds were near useless to the purples). But they are still both great games.

kittycabaret
12-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I always found that most people preferred Pikmin 2 over Pikmin 1 because of the length and no day limit and stuff. While Pikmin 2 might be the better game production wise, I always like the first better (and I played it after the second)

Because of the day limit, Pikmin 1 is easy to come back to and replay to lower your time. The Pikmin types were also more balanced in this one (In pikmin 2 reds were near useless to the purples). But they are still both great games.

Wow, I totally forgot Pikman existed until I saw your post and remembered I owned it >.>

Remino52
12-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I've always thought Starfox Assault was a great game. Has one of the best multiplayer modes on the Gamecube IMO.

Speaks the truth. Starfox Assault's Multiplayer is really awesome. I'm not kidding when I say this, but I'd love to see that mode become a solid WiiWare title IMO.

someone70
12-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Evolution Worlds, a remake of a game on the Dreamcast, always seemed to stick in my mind. The voice acting wasn't great, but at least it had voice acting. And... I dunno, it's just a good game overall. :)

irishwinger10
12-24-2009, 05:08 PM

Speaks the truth. Starfox Assault's Multiplayer is really awesome. I'm not kidding when I say this, but I'd love to see that mode become a solid WiiWare title IMO.

I agree. Starfox Assault was actually a really good game. I enjoyed the story mode alot, and playing multiplayer with my friend always made for really good times. _awesome_

BuizelBro
12-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Pikmin, Starfox assult, and cubivore.

ctizz36
12-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I hate to say it but Super Mario Sunshine, in my opinion

Carnage
12-29-2009, 02:56 AM

I definitely agree! While I've 100%'d both games and LOVE them both, I found Pikmin 1 to be a bit better in terms of the actual campaign mode. The levels were more memorable to me, and it was just so much more fun to have to actually collect all the ship parts as well as save yourself from dying basically, compared to Pikmin 2 where the threat is much less. However Pikmin 2 is overall a better game.

Jnooley
12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Eternal Darkness, and Beyond Good and Evil.

Amazing games, I worked at EB Games when these where new releases, I couldn't sell these gems to anyone! Even at $9.99 clearance lol.

Calum
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
StarFox Assault.
Seriously, it's so much better than Adventures and Command, and is... probably actually ON PAR with 64 and the original. OK, maybe not on par, but it's still pretty awesome.
The on-land missions aren't terrible - I found it surprisingly enjoyable- and the Arwing and Landmaster parts are basically the same as 64's, soooooo~
yeah.

BuizelBro
12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
lots of people seem to think star fox assult was really good. the only thing i didnt like was that ALL bosses were fought in either the arwing or landmaster.

another really undderated game was kirby airride: it had one some the best multiplayer gameplay id ever seen.
another is Shadow the Hedgehog. this game wasnt terrible...

Panda
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
The on-land missions aren't terrible - I found it surprisingly enjoyable- and the Arwing and Landmaster parts are basically the same as 64's, soooooo~
yeah.
As Falco would say, "Personally, I prefer the air," because only when I was in an Arwing did I feel happy when playing Assault. The Arwing controls weren't QUITE as good as in 64, but they were still pretty darn solid.

I really didn't like the on-foot missions, and the Landmaster does not control ANYTHING like how it did in 64; it feels like trying to steer a cow that's wearing ice skates. If anything, it's a step up from the vehicle controls in Earth Defense Force, but that's not saying much.

Oculin
12-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Eternal Darkness, and Beyond Good and Evil.

Amazing games, I worked at EB Games when these where new releases, I couldn't sell these gems to anyone! Even at $9.99 clearance lol.
What? $10 new for a Gamecube Copy of Beyond Good and Evil? I'm quite jealous. You should have flown to where I am and tried to sell it to me. I'm sure I would have said yes.

Remino52
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Baten Kaitos
Mario Superstar Baseball
Megaman Network Transmission

FTW

TPadz
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Viewtiful Joe and F-zero GX (although this was brutally hard).

BuizelBro
01-01-2010, 03:16 AM
is viewtiful joe a good game?

Oculin
01-01-2010, 03:21 AM
I personally didn't find it very good, but I think most people thought it was good. You can find it really cheap now I'd say give it a shot. It's like $10 on amazon iirc on GCN. Idk about the PS2 version.

GrimsChild
01-01-2010, 03:33 AM

Yes, get it now.

Wolfz
01-01-2010, 10:50 AM

Yes and very challenging. Playing as Joe makes you feel unstoppable. A great game.

Sonic62
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Glad you think so as well. What's that make, 3 of us here? :lol:

BuizelBro
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Glad you think so as well. What's that make, 3 of us here? :lol:
the story was phenomonal, and it has the most replay value ive ever seen on a nintendo console. i MADE myself beat it every possible way... thats like over 9000

StandAlone3
01-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Custom Robo was good, kinda short though :(

Jnooley
01-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Speaking of under appreciation, I didn't even spend the time to make sure I got my mint copy of Eternal Darkness shipped to the house I'm currently living at. Let's hope my friend ends up with it :fail:

BlueBlazer
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes, go buy ten copies of Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 but only one copy of Red Hot Rumble.

GrimsChild
01-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes, go buy ten copies of Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 but only one copy of Red Hot Rumble.

And about 5 of Double Trouble.

BuizelBro
01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
ill check it out

another underrated game was sonic heroes... anyone?

Sonic62
01-14-2010, 03:41 PM
ill check it out

another underrated game was sonic heroes... anyone?
If you go back through the pages of this topic, you'll find Sonic Heroes mentioned a few times. :D

GrayRambo1
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
That game was very good, but evil. _dead_ I died almost every time after a certain level.
Also, another good one was Robotech.

BlueBlazer
01-17-2010, 08:50 AM

Sounds about right.

GrimsChild
01-17-2010, 11:00 AM

Sounds about right.

But don't get the animé. Uggh, that was awful.

Dark_Weavile
01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

I have to agree with Kirby's Air Ride. Also Pikmin 2, Pikmin 1 got all the glory but Pikmin 2 was superior in almost every way

Skeletor1991
01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
God I loved playing Freedom Fighters on the Gamecube, even if it came out on other systems. I miss it so much.

06-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Despite all the hate I really believe this version is the superior version of the original game. Definately in my top 3 fav Gamecube games.

deadbrain
06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
That game was very good, but evil. _dead_ I died almost every time after a certain level.
Also, another good one was Robotech.

i thought the missions were all really easy, except the one with the BDSaurer... <.<;

Also, Luigis mansion was way under-appreciated. :( i loved it to death!

Zeta Dimentio
06-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Custom Robo. It's a fun game that I, regrettably, do not own anymore. It is kind of short, but it was fun while it lasted. Maybe I should go get it, and actually do that post-game story thing next time.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends: This game was really good, I just don't like the ship battle as much, really, since I couldn't get past a certain boss. Other then that, though, it was a pretty good game.

And...

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker: I know this is a popular game, likely one of the better selling on the Gamecube, but it seems to get a lot of undeserved hate. At least when I bring it up, no one has anything kind to say about it. I may be wrong, but this one was personal experience.

XXXMASTERISEXXX
06-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Definitely Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

Shad
06-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Despite all the hate I really believe this version is the superior version of the original game. Definately in my top 3 fav Gamecube games.

Whats the hate about?