PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Pikmin

bobo_dude16
11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
pikmin is a game for the nintendo gamecube that came out in 2001. You play in the shoes (and spacesuit) of Captain Olimar as a meteor hits his ship, causing him to crash into a new planet. When he lands, he finds out his ship has exploded into 30 peices and his life support system will fail him in 30 days and he will have to breathe toxic air. After looking around, he finds a red ship that looks like the onions that are grown on his planet and a seed pops out. he picks the seed, a creature pops out and he names after his favorite brand of carrots which resembles the shape of the creature, pikman. With them, he has to defeat enemies to retrieve ship parts and multiply the pikman before it's too late...

gameplay: 8/10: this game is extremely addicting but really hard. The pikman seem to wander off and commit suicide often. they like to get lost and enter battles they know they cant win. They also usually take w whaile to go across narrow things like ramps.

control: 8/10: the controls are really well layed out for this game. But there are a few downsides. sometimes some pikman dont respond to controls. but that is really the only downside.. At least that is once you learn to use the controls right (may take a while)

story: 7/10: i don't really like the story. With having a limit to the amount of time you have, it makes the game hard, i seem to be rushed often and i dont like that. I have almost went through 10 days and have only gotten 2 parts. You can only spawn more pikman some days. This makes the game really confusing but still very addicting because the story reels you in with the journals and the other stuff.

music: 6/10: the music is pretty good, but not good enough (i am too used to the mother 3 music so that's why it's so low). So far there are only about 4 songs that are really short, and im a third through the game. I dont say that's good, but this game isnt really about the music, you barely pay attention to it.

overall i give this game a 8.5/10 this game is really addictive and i just love it. i suggest you go out and geet it if you are looking to put your gamecube to good use!!!

FROM BOBO

localretard
11-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I would've waited to review this game until the revised version comes out for the Wii. That way you could compare the two. Other than that, pretty good. I think I like this game alittle more than an 8.5 though haha, but you know that's your opinion. Good job.

Sonic62
11-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I feel I should stream Pikmin some day. I love this game, I'd easily give it a 9.5.

Gwellin
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I feel so left out. I've never played this game, or its sequel. I am very excited for their Play on Wii releases.

fettouhi
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
nice review

Cross-Warrior
11-04-2008, 11:47 PM
This makes me want to pick up the game again and play through it. To bad school work is preventing me to doing much game playing. Hopefully next quarter will be a little lighter.

Great review by the way. Can't add something here without saying that :D

bobo_dude16
11-06-2008, 09:59 PM
woah i didnt know there was gonna be a wii re-release!?!?!?! im dumb... and i ave it 8.5 because i really hate that you only have 30 days...... i do not like limits....... DL

kmmgreen5
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
woah i didnt know there was gonna be a wii re-release!?!?!?! im dumb... and i ave it 8.5 because i really hate that you only have 30 days...... i do not like limits....... DL

lol then you must hate majoras mask

bobo_dude16
11-07-2008, 01:56 PM

lol then you must hate majoras mask
yep..... it makez meh soooooo ANGREH MK MK DL _metroid_ _samus_ !!!

Sonic62
11-07-2008, 05:52 PM
*The Moon falls on bobo's house*

bobo_dude16
11-09-2008, 05:56 PM
*The Moon falls on bobo's house*
SMAYASH!!! T_T wait, no more brothers!! lol jk i like mah bros...

Syrup
11-14-2008, 12:52 AM
I dont get why the player review has to be so excluded

Crinkz
11-16-2008, 09:27 AM
I feel so left out. I've never played this game, or its sequel. I am very excited for their Play on Wii releases.
I know how you feel. Game looks amazeing, never got around to picking it up.

TheSpeedGamers
11-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I dont get why the player review has to be so excluded

We will fix that

zach2m1
11-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Good review bobo :D

bobo_dude16
11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
thanx

GoSmitty
11-23-2008, 08:48 PM
The pikman seem to wander off and commit suicide often.
It's 11 pm, do you know where your pikmin are? My favorite memory from the first game is when I was fighting the last boss for the first time and all of my pikmin died :( except one :) , then I proceeded to defeat the boss with my one red pikmin! There was an awards ceremony and he was given the medal of honor. It was touching. I'll never forget that brave pikmin!

WiiFanBoy
12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
I can't fanboy enough about this game if you didn't get it on the gamecube get it when its on wii IT"S AMAZING

localretard
12-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm excited for these!

Wii:
Onechanbara™ Bikini Zombie Slayers™ - February 09 - The title intrigues me... :D
New Play Control! Pikmin™ - March 09
MADWORLD™ - March 09

DS:
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero™ - Q1 09
Fire Emblem™: Shadow Dragon - Feb. 16 09
Pokémon™ Platinum version - March 22 09

Joy All Around :D <3

MirageGale
12-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I initially thought that Pikmin wasn't going to be the greatest of games. It seemed too simplistic at first, until the later stages. That's when it got addicting for me.

Jackash
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
i love pikman . great reveiw