PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Tournament

Wallace
11-11-2008, 07:39 AM
well I think TSG will have there hands full getting all the 491 pokemon so I don't think a tournament will happen.
Maybe off site then. Since only those in the room can play Pokémon, then perhaps someone else could setup another stream for the tourney. I don't think the idea should be completely dismissed, as it can be done. It'll take some planning though,

I don't think you will be able to stream 1 on 1 battles. If you want I wouldn't mind setting up a bracket for whoever wants to enter the tournament. I would have to set up each battle at a time around my schedule tho because I will most likely have to work within that 72 hour time. I could host and even come up with some kind of prize for the winner. It could all be done in chat, and the commentator could just announce the winners as I feed them to him.

Lucas A33
11-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Awesome! I can be the first to battle you!!!!
Will you need my freind code?
I have 1, and wifi
but I don't know how to get the wifi room to work?

Lucas A33
11-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Woopsies
I have 5lv 100's in my Party and a lv70
I think we should be same lv! XD
I have a Darkria too!
My friend gave it to me, andI dunno how he got it,
so I might not battle you with it... BUTT It will
be registered in your deck , my darkria is lv 49

Sonic62
11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
On WiFi, it will set your levels to level 100 if you choose it, so you don't have to worry about what level your Pokémon are.

kmmgreen5
11-11-2008, 03:33 PM
so u can set your pokemon to lvl 9000!

Wallace
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
On WiFi, it will set your levels to level 100 if you choose it, so you don't have to worry about what level your Pokémon are.

Yes, in fact, It will be a rule that you must both be playing level 100 battles so that it is a fair game. I may be in the tournament, but not everyone will battle me. I could be out first round!

I'm thinking of the prize... Maybe I could buy one of the GBA Pokemon games and play, capturing every legendary in the game and use those as prizes? Or possibly just designing a 1 of a Kind T-shirt.

Oh and as for connecting to wifi I will post detailed instructions in the official topic if this is indeed what I do for the speedgammers given permission..

Mezix
11-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Woopsies
I have 5lv 100's in my Party and a lv70
I think we should be same lv! XD
I have a Darkria too!
My friend gave it to me, andI dunno how he got it,
so I might not battle you with it... BUTT It will
be registered in your deck , my darkria is lv 49
And I have a Lvl 100 Darkrai...

Bring. It. On.

Wallace
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Well I have a shiny Charizard! Not that it makes it any more powerful but he is still awesome. I hatched him and was like "Holy ****" My girlfriend just looked at me like "What is wrong with him?"

Syrup
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM
what game is darki from? MK so i heard u like mudkips u guys :D

Sonic62
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Darkrai is from Diamond and Pearl. (Or the 4th generation of Pokémon)

PrincePu
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
what game is darki from? MK so i heard u like mudkips u guys :D

*herd

Anyway, if a tournament happens and if I enter, then gratz to whoever gets to beat on me; cuzz I usually only use BL and UU Pokemon. :P But I will try and train a Dragonite, IF I HAVE THE PATIENCE.

Wallace
11-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I've heard no objections to my heading this off.. So I want to know what would you like the reward to be? I could set up some sort of package of Legendary Pokemon.. But I would have to work for them because I don't want to give anything that's traded from the internet because of too many clones and hacks.

PrincePu
11-14-2008, 04:18 PM
I would TOTALLY win if you did a Wii Points card code. Because I'm running short if EB comes out!

Overload
11-14-2008, 05:14 PM
All I need to see are the words "Pokemon" and "Tournament" in the same sentence and I'm in.

Does anyone else here EV train?

PrincePu
11-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I have a couple EV trained Pokemon but it was WAY too boring.

Wallace
11-14-2008, 09:47 PM
All I need to see are the words "Pokemon" and "Tournament" in the same sentence and I'm in.

Does anyone else here EV train?

I've never EV trained but, I would guess anyone who does has a better chance of winning because the rules will be you must battle the lvl 100 battle..

Sonic62
11-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Good luck with me in the tournament. :twisted:

PrincePu
11-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Good luck with me in the tournament. :twisted:

I'm gonna beat you anyway. :P

Cross-Warrior
11-15-2008, 12:56 PM
With all this tournament talk, i might join in as well. I probably will lose, but that doesn't mean i cant join in and have fun! :)

Wallace
11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Yep.. So, I have a little over a month to come up with a prize for the winner in the midst of dealing with a promotion at work, which will put me training for that position..

fettouhi
11-15-2008, 05:17 PM
well I think TSG will have there hands full getting all the 491 pokemon so I don't think a tournament will happen.
Maybe off site then. Since only those in the room can play Pokémon, then perhaps someone else could setup another stream for the tourney. I don't think the idea should be completely dismissed, as it can be done. It'll take some planning though,

I don't think you will be able to stream 1 on 1 battles. If you want I wouldn't mind setting up a bracket for whoever wants to enter the tournament. I would have to set up each battle at a time around my schedule tho because I will most likely have to work within that 72 hour time. I could host and even come up with some kind of prize for the winner. It could all be done in chat, and the commentator could just announce the winners as I feed them to him.

hey wallace I think you should talk to britt because no one except britt/chase can really give a go for anything. you are of course free to do a tournament stream by the side of the marathon but with britt saying ok we will not promote it.

TheSpeedGamers
11-18-2008, 09:50 AM
I think a tournament is a cool idea. If u wanted to keep us udated in the chat, we could announce the winner

Overload
11-28-2008, 11:53 PM
So how exactly is this thing going to go down? How many people are in it? Are the brackets set up?

eternalflame34
11-29-2008, 11:21 AM
A tournament would be awesome. The only thing is I think it needs to be set up so anyone can join in late. If all the brackets get set up now, then people who find out about the marathon after it is started won't be able to play.

I have an idea how to work it in so no pre signing up would be necessary, but it might be kind of unorganized. Basically there would be a thread with a first post being constantly updated. People post when they want to join, then they get placed in Tier 1. Whenever somebody else in tier 1 is ready to fight, they fight and post the results on the thread. The winner can move to tier 2, while the loser gets eliminated. (or maybe they could have another chance.) It could continue on like that, one person moving forward, the other getting eliminated until one winner is left. The main post would be continuously edited with who is in what tier, (making new ones as people move forward), and who has been eliminated, (to stop people from trying twice, or maybe they could get a set amount of chances.) There should probably be one official topic where only match results/sign ups should be posted , and then a general chat about it.

Plus, making brackets would mean everyone would have to be on at the same time as their opponent which would probably get complicated. This way, as long as two people are on, they can fight.

Wow lol _dead_ really long post. Sorry if its too long to read.

bobo_dude16
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
i will win even though i dont like pokemans :twisted:

Wallace
12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
My problem is not how to get the tournament done. It's finding the time or money to come up with the prize. I am taking suggestions/donations for the First, Second, and Third prize packs if anyone is willing to help out.

bobo_dude16
12-02-2008, 09:02 PM
the prize is 1100 awesome points

Overload
12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Do we even need a prize? I'd be down with just playing for the sake of playing.

Cross-Warrior
12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Do we even need a prize? I'd be down with just playing for the sake of playing.

I agree, i dont mind just playing for fun. We dont have to have a prize.

bobo_dude16
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
yea, lets just play to be: the ultimate pokeman TSG'r..... or maybe a medal for it..... but i know someone is going to point out something bad.... also, i dont think we should have the bracket till the day the marathon starts and post it on the forums, therefore, more people will join the forums to enter :twisted:

Baltes
12-05-2008, 08:56 AM
lol bobo i love your avatar

bobo_dude16
12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
thanx :D i see everyone is putting a pokemon in their avatar and i wanted to 2 ;) did you guys decide on vent to do that?

Gwellin
12-05-2008, 11:15 AM
thanx :D i see everyone is putting a pokemon in their avatar and i wanted to 2 ;) did you guys decide on vent to do that?
Yes, something like that.

I can't help but feel that you copied mine though... ;) :lol:

zach2m1
12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Good news I got a wifi usb connector so I can participate in the tournament so when is this going on though?

eternalflame34
12-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes, something like that.

I can't help but feel that you copied mine though... ;) :lol:
Yeah woah lol. When I saw Bobo's icon I thought it was yours except that pokemon freaked me out. _dead_

kmmgreen5
12-05-2008, 07:21 PM
ya i've been mistaking him and bobo for each other all day

Sonic62
12-05-2008, 08:08 PM
So, are we supposed to sign up? If so, consider me signed up.

Gwellin
12-05-2008, 08:09 PM
There, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Bobo, you copier! :evil:

bobo_dude16
12-06-2008, 01:07 AM
There, it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Bobo, you copier! :evil:

i didnt copy you, i made this before i even knew you had that..... think b4 u accuse

Gwellin
12-06-2008, 01:19 AM
i didnt copy you, i made this before i even knew you had that..... think b4 u accuse
Don't worry Bobo, I'm joking, but I did have my MissingNo. up before your new avatar.

Wallace
12-06-2008, 08:42 PM
yea, lets just play to be: the ultimate pokeman TSG'r..... or maybe a medal for it..... but i know someone is going to point out something bad.... also, i dont think we should have the bracket till the day the marathon starts and post it on the forums, therefore, more people will join the forums to enter :twisted:

Okay Well, than everyone agrees... There will be no prize tho I will photoshop a championship metal and run it by thespeedgamers and see if they would be willing to use it. It should probably look a lot like the metal you get for your pokemon after defeating the elite 4. I'll try and post a new official topic on how everything will go down with the tournament no later than a week before.

I never planned on signing people up before the event. (Maybe a day before allow early registration) I understand everyone has different schedules so The first few battles you do may be flexible. But the final battles will be tough. I also have to work and I don't know what will be going on at that time with my work schedule so we'll see... Perhaps I could set up the bracket and everything and team up with one of you guys in helping maintain it while I'm away.. such as updating it and setting up the next teir of battles.

zach2m1
12-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Sweet I'm in though my wi-fi is all set up no and I am ready :D

Sonic62
12-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I just realized something very important! We need some ground rules for battling! These include things like uber use and having more than one Pokémon asleep at once.

Zorcher
12-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I will go ahead and participate, don't expect me to do fantastic however, I'm still currently doing my fist playthrough of Pokemon Diamond. (That is what we are using for this tournament, correct?)

Mezix
12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I will go ahead and participate, don't expect me to do fantastic however, I'm still currently doing my fist playthrough of Pokemon Diamond. (That is what we are using for this tournament, correct?)
I guess Diamond and Pearl.

bobo_dude16
12-11-2008, 09:43 PM
here are the rules i want:
1) no ubers, legends, or hacks (ex: no lugias :cry: )
2) only one type of item can be used (ex: only 1 quick claw allowed)
3) if anyone believes you hacked, you could be disqualified if proven

we need more though

Sonic62
12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
here are the rules i want:
1) no ubers, legends, or hacks (ex: no lugias :cry: )
2) only one type of item can be used (ex: only 1 quick claw allowed)
3) if anyone believes you hacked, you could be disqualified if proven

we need more though
1. Ubers are one thing, but there's no reason to ban legends. Ex: Articuno, Registeel, Celebi, etc.
2. Right about that.
3. Good luck with that.

Wallace
12-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Using Hacks would automatically disqualify you.. But as far as legends I don't want someone filling their team with legends. When you said we need rules I already had that part figured out. I will allow 1 legend of your choice in your team. Anything more than that will disqualify you. before each battle the team that person uses will have to be send to me. Perhaps when you register I'll have you register 12 pokemon you select and during the tournament you can only use those 12 in any order you chose. Maybe 2 Legends but only 1 legend for each battle. I really don't know.

Hmm December 19th is coming quickly I guess I should get off WoW for a while and figure this stuff out huh? Okay I'm looking at my work schedule and it seems that I work on the 19th from 7am to 5pm est which means I'll be home at 6pm est or 5pm cst Next part of the good news is I'm off work 20th and 21st.

I will have the official Tournament topic up tomorrow with details and rules.

zach2m1
12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
sounds good!

Sonic62
12-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Using Hacks would automatically disqualify you.. But as far as legends I don't want someone filling their team with legends. When you said we need rules I already had that part figured out. I will allow 1 legend of your choice in your team. Anything more than that will disqualify you. before each battle the team that person uses will have to be send to me. Perhaps when you register I'll have you register 12 pokemon you select and during the tournament you can only use those 12 in any order you chose. Maybe 2 Legends but only 1 legend for each battle. I really don't know.

Hmm December 19th is coming quickly I guess I should get off WoW for a while and figure this stuff out huh? Okay I'm looking at my work schedule and it seems that I work on the 19th from 7am to 5pm est which means I'll be home at 6pm est or 5pm cst Next part of the good news is I'm off work 20th and 21st.

Who put you in charge of the tournament? Anyway, I don't like the idea of only being able to use 12 Pokemon.

eternalflame34
12-17-2008, 10:49 PM

Who put you in charge of the tournament? Anyway, I don't like the idea of only being able to use 12 Pokemon.
Well, it is his tournament, he is managing the rules, prizes etc. Except I'm not sure if it's technically the official tournament, but it still is his tournament.
As for the 12 pokemon, I think it should be a little more too. Or maybe no limit at all. Then again I can't actually participate in the tournament because I don't have any newer pokemon games.

Sonic62
12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, it is his tournament, he is managing the rules, prizes etc. Except I'm not sure if it's technically the official tournament, but it still is his tournament.
As for the 12 pokemon, I think it should be a little more too. Or maybe no limit at all. Then again I can't actually participate in the tournament because I don't have any newer pokemon games.
I distinctly remember a TSG member talking about wi-fi battles in the last marathon, so I figured they'd take care of it. :?:

Wallace
12-18-2008, 05:56 AM
The 12 pokemon was just one Idea besides didn't you read the first post... I was volunteering my services

Overload
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
When is the pokemon tournament taking place?

Wallace
12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm going to try and start this tournament off when I get off work.. rules will be posted and sign ups will take place in chat.

bobo_dude16
12-18-2008, 08:53 PM
wallace if you need any help im here for you.

and as for people in charge, i say we get someone like fettouhi in charge :)

he is fair, nice and isn't afraid to get mean

*waits for someone to say that's what she said*

chuggaaconroy
12-23-2008, 06:16 PM
So, I'm curious, what Tier list are we going off of here? Smogon's? If so, I might be unable to compete since I have a Garchomp on my team and its replacement isn't yet finished.