PDA

View Full Version : California Fires!

Aeronautical
11-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Hello! I know this might not affect the majority of people on this site, but if anyone lives in Southern California and knows or has been affected by the fires they probably know about what's going on. Any thoughts or information?

Cross-Warrior
11-19-2008, 01:30 AM
We have way to many fires down here. Last year it was in San Diego, my family had to be evaluated, and i was up at school, feeling so helpless, because they had to grab some of my stuff and leave. Now there were fires closer to my school, yet still not close enough to effect me, but yet were still scary because they could have effect one of my friend. Lucky they didn't reach her school.

Aeronautical
11-19-2008, 01:33 AM
The fires never go down where I live. But I always get sick around this time because of all the soot and smoke. I had a bunch of friends who had to be evacuated. It can get really scary sometimes. I hope the fires stop soon. They seem to be happening much more frequently. They never used to happen this often. I wonder why that is.

Cross-Warrior
11-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Probably because we haven't gotten much rain. No rain plus dry hot days is perfect for fires.

i kinda wonder if anyone started these fires, or if nature just decided to burn itself.

GoSmitty
11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
It's a price we pay for living in California. The fire cycle is a very constant problem. I'm lucky to live away from them, but the smoke and ash cause me a ton of breathing problems. I hope people pay attention this time and take appropriate measures to protect their homes. My sympathies to all affected by the fires <3 .

zach2m1
11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Well I live in Southern Ontario and I have never bin a natural disater so Im really lucky. I have bin near one it was a F1 Tornadoe about an hour away so I think im lucky we I live but the only bad thing is the cold and the snow unless..... you ski or snowboard which I do! :D

eternalflame34
11-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm actually pretty close to the fires, but I am pretty lucky because I haven't been in any real danger. The damage the fire has done to some people is just devastating.

Hamblasto
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Two of my aunts and their kids were forced to evacuate last year in the San Diego fires. They ended up staying at our place for a couple of days. While we weren't forced to evacuate, we ended up going to the stadium-turned-evacuation center when one of the fires made its way down the mountain a little less than a mile away from our house. Luckily, both my aunts' houses were fine and they were able to return the day we evacuated.

The experience did end up restoring my faith in other people, though. I'm normally a "glass half empty" kind of guy, but while our family was staying at the stadium, I couldn't believe how generous and caring others could be. There were so many people volunteering, wandering the parking lot handing out snacks(even some ice cream), masks to help prevent ash inhalation, and cooking food that I couldn't help but feel moved by it.

I'm wishing the best for all of the people up north of us and a thank you to all the fire fighters, police, and paramedics working around the clock to protect the people threatened by the wildfires.

Aeronautical
11-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Wow, I didn't realize so many people lived in California. If you're from California, please say so

GoSmitty
11-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Wow, I didn't realize so many people lived in California. If you're from California, please say so
Lol, I think we startled Aeronautical. I edited my location so people can see now.

Cross-Warrior
11-20-2008, 07:33 PM
i would put my location...but it changes every once in awhile

I'm at college right now, changes when i go home.

zach2m1
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Well Areonaucticle I am always freaked about something happening to me or my family or any one I care about. I got really freaked when I saw the day after tomorrow but I think thats what the director was aiming for to show people how violent nature can be.....

eternalflame34
11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm from California, orange county. Now that I think about it, I should put that in my profile.

Cross-Warrior
11-20-2008, 11:34 PM

well, technically, I'm not from California. I just live here after moving from Atlanta when i was 8 years old _awesome_