PDA

View Full Version : Where were you before you came to TSG?

the1stpkmnfan
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm a bit curious. Before you can to TSG, or even heard of TSG, where were you in life? Also, could you remember where you were back in March 2008 when TSG first broadcasted it's first marathon?

For me, I remember back in March 2008, I was just playing Super Smash Bros Brawl and also going to the midnight release/tournament at Gamestop. I just couldn't believe TSG was real young when I was playing SSBB.

But before I knew TSG, I was previously on a few forums. None of them were at my fav and really didn't felt like home. Unlike TSG. Also with most likely never going back to those places again, I'm sure a lot has changed since. Plus, I knew I had a bit of a more immature attitude and also the previous years before that. Though, everyone knew I was a good and sweet guy that had a bunch of rough edges to get used to being around with.

Also, my time watching Nickelodeon, NN, 4KidsTV, CN, The N and many programs are what kept me happy in 2008. They were like my oyster, basically, during the whole 2008 year. And especially going to my first New York Comic Con from April 2008.

My PAL Eric from Sept. 2007 to May 2008 was like the only friend of mine they kept me happy during my 8th grade year since I moved to Denton from NRH that year. Once he left for College at the end of the school year, I changed a lot but I certainely missed him so much. Since then, I got into watching All That reruns in June of the Summer that year and I was pretty obessed with it till Sept. 2008 when the The N took it off of recyled episodes. Ending with Season 7 ones. The N crushed my expectations further.

Finally, I got more involved with Theater at my school during the 2008/2009 year and I had a blast. Also, enjoyed watching new Pokemon episosdes each saturday morning like I always have.

Then, October 2008, I joined the Serebiiforums. It was a bit better than the forums I joined back in 2007. It's not personally my favorite anymore now that I found TSG, because this place is what I call home. I still go back all the time and check out what's up. Plus, I made plenty of friends there to talk to whenever. That's when it happened, once Serebii posted on his site about TSG's Pokemon Marathon, I watched, joined the forums, and here I am today.

Any of yall got stories to tell? :)

Carnage
09-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah I was mostly cruising around competitive gaming back in '08...quite the story. I was actually a renowned SSBB player, maining Olimar, and I went to a few local tournaments, played in some gamebattles matches, and finishes top 8 in a gamebattles.com ladder (not high enough to win money). Then I stopped playing it in October '08 and haven't played it too much since. I had never really felt "home" at a forum before this place came along.

zach2m1
09-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Sounds interesting enough.

Well before the Metroid Marathon which was in August 2008. I actually used to go to sleep on time. And I basically watched a lot of videos on ScrewAttack.com. I didn't really browse the forums that much or post in it at all because the G1s didn't really like me at all due to my poor spelling skills (which I still have by the way) I mainly just watched Angry Video Game Nerd. I didn't really spend that much time on the computer at all. Just played Gamecube and 64 that summer because those were the only systems I had. I actually remember the weekend of the marathon. I was at my dad's house. It was a hot summer day and I didn't feel like doing anything because my dad lived in Oshawa which was far away from my friends. And so I did my usual ScrewAttack daily update. And I saw a post. Apparently DestinRL said some guy tipped him off about TheSpeedGamers and they ended up as a top post and on the front page saying they were doing a 72 hour marathon for cancer. So I thought why not check them out. And so I saw the beautiful face of chase <3, and a run of Metroid Prime. And I was hooked.

(sorry if that was off topic)

gama-chan
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Okay, so I'm one of those geeks that keeps a "journal" and I happen to have found an entry dated exactly 4 days after TSG's first marathon.

Aparently on the day of the marathon, I got my laptop (the one I am using to type this right now) my camera (from which some of you have seen my pictures) and a few days later I discovered a sort of hobby for making videos (again something I use to make promos for TSG) it's also the day I discovered I grind my teeth in my sleep and the day my measely body was able to amass doing 70 pushups. :D hooray for journals!

bobo_dude16
09-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I was in my noob phase before, and I only lurked on gameFAQS and youtube. I know, how origional

SonikkuMan
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
I was lurker in da Youtubez as well as Halo 3/CoD4 fanatic on Xbox Live.

Yuso
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Hmmm.. Before TSG (and still am) I was with a MMORPG community known as Secrets of Mirage. I was a big fan of it too. I created games that were based off the game itself. I also am one of the admins of the fan/guide site for it. Also during the time, I was the owner of my own MMORPG called Banishment Blade Chronicles. I mostly coded the game and tried to map it.. but I'm impatient and not that creative so I let others take care of that. I even had Blackduck come on my MMORPG and host a trivia to promote TSG's awareness to the members of my game. That was fun. I came to TSG when my friend (keypaladin) had told me about the Mother marathon. I was impressed by it and that's when I decided I would stay and be apart of this community.. although I have had doubts... I will stay. :3

gu3st
09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Dreaming about metroid.

pikminsquad2148
09-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I was lurker in da Youtubez.
This.

Trombonus
09-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, when I found TSG I was just getting into Youtube and LPs in particular and had just started streaming myslef, so it was pretty much the perfect time for me to find TSG. I mean, I probably started streaming no more than a month before I found TSG. I'd also just left the forum I'd been a part of for about 2 years, so TSG replaced that hole better than I ever thought possible.

It's funny, because I can't really imagine what things were like without this place now, and it's not even been a year yet. Speaks volumes about TSG and the caliber of the people here.

Marche100
09-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I used to be an old Nsider guy, and I'm talking about the good Nsider, not the new Nsider2 crap they have going on now (although for awhile I was also part of that, which just didn't feel the same obviously). I was I believe a Yoshi rank with around 1000 posts, and I went on there just about every day back in the day. Then they randomly shut them down and they never came back, which was a sad time for all. :cry: So then I went to Nsider2 and eventually drifted over to Starmen.net where I first heard about TSG. I was here for the PK Siege, which was my first marathon, good times, I called in twice. Of course, I wasn't as active as I am now.

So here I am, and here I'll stay.

SilverLPJ
09-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Nowhere, doing nothing, nothing at all...

dryuriev7777
09-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Weeeeell this is my first and only forum, and really the only internet thing I've ever been somewhat apart of. Where was I before TSG? I had a lot less nerdy friends. Where was I in March 2008? Ummmmhmhmh it says I joined Youtube on March 31, 2008...if that counts for anything. :? I don't remember that long ago ._.

It's hard to believe I've been terrorizing you people for well over a year now. Oh how time flies~

NicoCW
09-28-2009, 06:15 PM
YouTube, mainly. I also had my own forums on my own site, but they were long dead after I discovered TSG (and now they're gone for real). Also, the RPG Maker XP Discussion on Neoseeker since I still needed bad help for making a game. Hmm... now that I think of it, I wonder what all those people on that RPGMXP discussion forum are up too... haven't been there in almost a year.

Other than that, just running around the internet.

ck14500
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Before TSG:

hmmm *thought bubble* in school not caring much about stuff i guess, until i watched a lot of LPs from like many people on youtube

when i found TSG in 09 i was hooked like like u know haha

but ummm yeah

Scruff
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I was mostly watching LPs on YouTube, a few Super Mario World rom hacks and other games I like. I hadn't really been signed up to any forums for about a year, I think the main reason being that I couldn't think of a user name I like. :P Now that I've thought of one that I DO like though, I signed up for the TSG forums and that sums it up. :)

gama-chan
09-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Before TSG:

hmmm *thought bubble* in school not caring much about stuff i guess, until i watched a lot of LPs from like many people on youtube

but ummm yeah
were you also thousands of dollars richer :lol: I kid, I kid :p

ck14500
09-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Before TSG:

but ummm yeah
were you also thousands of dollars richer :lol: I kid, I kid :p

i know its a joke haha

but i'm college student on grants and loans, u tell me buddy

Marche100
09-28-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm like the only person who's ever set foot on Nsider...creepy. :shock:

Skeletor1991
09-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I believe I was doing a little work on my Mother 3 game for my GBA. I wa sart of the starmen.net forums when I heard about TSG. I thi it was the PK Siege when I first got into it. After that marathon, I was set to stay with you guys till from there. I didn'tctually decide to join the forums till March though.

There's my story. :)

MiniKitty
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I was on GameFAQs for several years, then decided that I wanted to start using things like TV and the internet less. I resorted to only going online to check facebook and watch some YouTube videos, pretty much quitting GameFAQs and everything. But then I saw ChuggaaConroy promote TSG's Mother marathon so I checked it out and enjoyed myself. Then during the Final Fantasy marathon I just got totally hooked. So much for going on the internet less, eh? xP

aStupidGecko
09-28-2009, 08:01 PM
I was on GameFAQs for several years, then decided that I wanted to start using things like TV and the internet less. I resorted to only going online to check facebook and watch some YouTube videos, pretty much quitting GameFAQs and everything. But then I saw ChuggaaConroy promote TSG's Mother marathon so I checked it out and enjoyed myself. Then during the Final Fantasy marathon I just got totally hooked. So much for going on the internet less, eh? xP

I was on GameFAQs too, mostly on the kingdom hearts boards, god some people are just asses on that forum

Nashzilla
09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
i was on a forum about 5 years ago that was Ogre Battle-centric, called Knights of Danika...me and another member started our own spinoff board when the leadership started letting "running a board" get to their heads, and it went on for a couple years after that. when i got to college, i was off the grid in terms of message boards, and i happened to be looking on youtube for earthbound vids (since it's probably my favorite game), and came across the notorious chuggaa. i liked his stuff, never got involved in his chat stuff at all, but then he posted a vid to TSG's final fantasy marathon, so i thought i'd check it out...seeing the chat, and the unique setup, and the generosity of everyone involved, i felt compelled to become a part of this community

kmmgreen5
09-28-2009, 08:03 PM
i was probably on myspace being bored to death @.@ idr lol

Tanexion
09-28-2009, 08:56 PM
I was on the Playstation forums and I guess I still am, but I only ever posted there for the Kingdom Hearts section anyway lol. Outside of the KH section there were some real dou...meanies there, so it has no special place with me. I love it here
*parks it in front of the door of tsg headquarters*

CodeZTM
09-28-2009, 08:59 PM
www.animemusicvideos.org (http://www.animemusicvideos.org)

My hobby, my life, and where I spend all my time at.

Until TSG/College that is. _awesome_

DesertRose
09-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Life before TSG? Is not computing... _dead_

Before this, I was a lurker. I was big into watching speed runs and time attacks, so I was on SDA quite a bit (not as much now). I also just browsed around different sites, mostly Zelda, and one day I ran across this promotion for this crazy group of guys that were going to play Zelda games for 72 hours. I was so there. _awesome_

That was actually last year (yep, I've been watching since the beginning), and I totally blanked on the forums until the Zelda marathon this year. I remember that day I checked the SAME site (The Hylia maybe?) and they had posted an update that the marathon had started, so I ran over....and here I am.

LegendOfCookies
09-28-2009, 09:46 PM
To tell you the truth.. i can't remember life without TSG

nmufred
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Alright, here's my story. I was checking starmen.net on a daily basis as I used to do back then. I saw this marathon on their front page and saw everyone and was instantly hooked. I later signed up for the forums and forgot that I had signed up until February when I started to get active about 2 weeks prior to the Zelda marathon. I met a ton of great friends who I am still friends with today some 7 months later (pretty impressive for me) and don't see myself leaving this community even when I get into the real world.

As for the second question, in March 08, I was married with a step-daughter as many of you know. I had just started my job at McDonalds and was going to school as a commuter. So when I say March 08 was a LIFETIME away, it couldn't be ANY truer.

caramelslice
09-29-2009, 12:29 AM
Before I came to TSG I was still in my third quarter of the Art Institute. Wasn't too long ago now that I think about it. The forums I frequented since I was 13 was kinda on life support, so I would just look around at a few places. Most of the time I would look up stuff on RPGFan or any other role playing game related site.

Let's see...March '08. Yeah a few friends and I went to the midnight release for Brawl. But for the most part I was just kinda floating through school because it was almost over for me - I'd be done with high school in less than two more months. I was thinking about where I'd be going afterwards. Most of my friends were going to UC schools, and me? I was headed for the Art Institute.

Oculin
09-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I had quit Final Fantasy XI in September 2008 and I decided to focus on normal gaming again and to try out writing. I reviewed games for awhile, but six months later I realized I needed some sort of feed back. So I went looking for a forum to post them on, I tried a few places but people just over looked me. Then remembered TheSpeedGamers had a forum. I decided to check it out and posted two reviews up. I got a lot of feed back so I decided to stay, but ended up getting a lot more then what I expected out of it. A great community. D: So while I don't post reviews outside of work anymore really, the community alone kept me here.

As for March 2008 I was probably playing Final Fantasy XI. I actually saw that they were streaming, I kept up with the updates GoNintendo was posting but I never actually watched the stream. I saw metroid Marathon and I said "Wow that guy has a cool hat! (Phil)" and looked at it for about 10 minutes, then left due to me not really having a interest in the Metroid series. After that I saw the mother marathon and got hooked and have been at every marathon ever since (I showed up late to the Halo marathon, cause I had no idea it was happening D: )

Oh man Nsider, how old you are. I ended up there around the Nintendo DS's launch, I'm not sure how long I stayed there but I recall racking up a nice 3,000ish posts maybe. I was quite the Nintendo fanboy at the time. I left way before the forums shut down though.

AlanEdgeHead
09-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Well, before TheSpeedGamers, I was all over GameFAQs like a bad rash. GameFAQs has consumed my Internet life since 2003 (Ancient account FTW _awesome_). I also liked checking other sites like IGN, GameStop, Serebii, Bulbapedia and a few others here and there. But then one glorious day in December, on either Bulbapedia or Serebii, I saw the Pokemon Marathon being promoted. I created a Ustream account and viewed the Pokemon Marathon and I was hooked.

I didn't join the forums quite yet, but you can see that my Ustream was created in December 2008 and that's all thanks to TSG. I then decided to finally join the forums during the Zelda Marathon in March of 2009, but I had been lurking for a few months before that.

Since joining TSG, I have become accustomed to the happy environment where just about everyone gets along. Thus, cutting my GameFAQs time down to a fraction of what it was. I went from having like 200 active posts there at a time to the 20 some-odd active posts I have going now. I've made some great friends here and I don't miss GameFAQs at all.

I <3 you guys.

Sonic62
09-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Hate to be boring, but I was doing pretty well the same things I'm doing now, only without TSG. In March I would have just lost my grandpa. :( On the plus side, I got Brawl on release, getting a Wii hat as well! _awesome_

Ferenc
09-29-2009, 07:54 AM
I spent a lot of time on an Australian wii forum. At first the community was great and things went well, but it started to change. Everyone became jerks so I left. I kind of left the internet entirely. It was like this for a while, I didn't play video games or post on any forums. I started a new social life, I changed a lot. I did some stupid things. Then one day I was really bored and I started browsing gametrailers.com, I watched the wiicast where the host read an e-mail from Britt. It was about the upcoming Zelda Marathon(the first). That's when I started to get back into the stuff I used to do.

09-29-2009, 08:24 AM
kets see before TSG i mostly just watched TV/anime, play video games, and check serebii.net......yeah i was pretty much bored a lot but now TSG has solved my boredom >.>

Masamune
09-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Before TSG things were different for me. I hung out a lot at Official Nintendo Magazine forums, but was getting annoyed with the magazine 'cause they kept ripping games they had rated high. And I also had no friends, so I left. Around that time, my uncle's girlfriend's little brother told me of this group of people who speed-ran games for charity (TheSpeedGamers _awesome_ ) and I found it interesting, so I checked it out. I got on well with the people in the chat (Mainly Cookies >_> <_<) so I decided to join the forums. And that's where I am today.

As for gaming, I was pretty much the same. However, TSG has gotten me into both Mother and Metal Gear, which I am thankful for. I really hated life then, I had few friends, and TSG was somewhere where I wasn't made fun of for gaming or reading or whatever else. You guys truly have become my family. <33

As for where I was March '08 I can't really remember. I was probably gaming or something... ._.' As for where I was in life, horrible. I had started secondary school about half a year ago and I hated it, had few friends and was tired all the time. :cry:

pkGamerB
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Before I discovered TSG (around October-November 2008), I was pretty much nonexistent on the internet. I wasn't a part of any forums or anything like that, and I had just recently discovered LPs (with my then new laptop) by looking up videos about EarthBound and Chrono Trigger. Eventually I came across Chugga's EarthBound and SMRPG LPs, and saw his Pokemon marathon promo in the process. To be honest, I wasn't really a Pokemon fan back then, and thought I wouldn't like watching a whole marathon of it. Well, I was wrong (I watched nearly all of it :lol: ). I didn't actually join the forums until March though, on the last day of the Zelda marathon. _triforce_

As for where I was when TSG first started in March '08, I didn't even have a working computer at my house (mine was so old it had windows ME on it :oops: ), so I was practically never on the internet. I was just finishing up my senior year in high school.

Marche100
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh man Nsider, how old you are. I ended up there around the Nintendo DS's launch, I'm not sure how long I stayed there but I recall racking up a nice 3,000ish posts maybe. I was quite the Nintendo fanboy at the time. I left way before the forums shut down though.

I'm 14 now, but I think I got on there when I was like 8 or 9. (I lied about my age of course since 8/9 year olds weren't supposed to be on the Nsider forums, but no one cares anymore.) So I probably got on around the DS launch too. I'm not a nintendo fanboy anymore either. They're not super great...

awesomedude
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
To tell you the truth.. i can't remember life without TSG

This...sorta :lol:

I don't remember all that well what i was doing back then. but most likely i was playing a little bit more games than i do now,( i actually don't play that much now) and i think it was around when i was getting into watching LP's on youtube.(i used to/still do watch a lot of LP's). and i was never on any forums or community making this my first so i have no stories about past forums.

09-29-2009, 05:13 PM
before TSG my brain felt like it was splitting on the left side. Constantly hurting pain pain pain.... Played FF2 a lot and staid up an extra 2 hours for a week just remebering how to beat it. Felt extremely deppressed (as always during the winter and cold parts of the year.) and did a few things that I regret today. Really boring, nothing to do, nowhere to go, hardly anyone to call, slept 2 3 hour naps, clawed myself, became an extreme pain to everyone for no particular reason (hears a big gasp...... okay it's blantly obvious.), and lastly got called a lot of names the one that I can say without being kicked (none that I can repeat without getting kicked out.) I ate one meal a day, almost hit someone with a knife, got torchered tons of times, became extremely defensive and decided to become a quiet person who didn't have an opinion what so ever. Lastly got called a tree huger for trying to save the environment every 5 minutes. Learned about sterling engines, and mechanics. Learned all you want to know about chemistry. All you could ever want from city planning. Everything that something to do with a map of a city. Anything to do with mobiles. everything you want to know about random fun facts. Everything you could ever know about biology. everything you could ever know about moving a LCD 52 inch tv three stories down by yourself. And lastly everything you could ever know about the most spontaneous person in the world while he (not me) broke a yard stick on a desk, while screaming at the top of his lungs.all you could ever know about LAN (Lan uses LAN to send Megaman... (hears everyone shout "yes we know that quote already"). All you could ever know about the death penalty. I don't think I want to go on without your brains exploding. All in a months work I suppose.

And if I haven't already said this felt like I was in a void of deppression...

Have a nice day (puts down a red 10 overtop a black 10) five hundred points for the person who can name that game.

Oculin
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm 14 now, but I think I got on there when I was like 8 or 9. (I lied about my age of course since 8/9 year olds weren't supposed to be on the Nsider forums, but no one cares anymore.) So I probably got on around the DS launch too. I'm not a nintendo fanboy anymore either. They're not super great...
Lol i wasn't asking your age, I was saying "How old you are." as a statement towards the Nsider forums, cause they were old D: lol. I think I was 13/14 when i was on there.

LegendOfCookies
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Well i do remember i had no friends >_>

DesertRose
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Well i do remember i had no friends >_>

But now you have lots! :D

Ruju
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Hmmm well, in March 2008 I was 3 months away from graduating high school. I was playing SSBB and more into anime back then, and I played the Pokemon Trading Card Game sometimes. in August 2008 I actually went to the Florida World Championships. Not cause we were invited there, just cause we could x3. We mostly went to Disney World actually x3.

In December my friend Kim saw the Pokemon Marathon being advertised on PokeBeach, and she just had it playing 24/7 on the computer. I remember just sitting in her room talking with her and listening to Baltes and Brea talking on and on in the background, and us giggling when pokemon names were pronounced incorrectly.

It was very fun to watch, I probably would have joined, but on January 1st, Kim discovered a free MMO called AruaRose, and we got hooked into that. I forgot about TSG completely until I got bored with Rose around April, and one day I randomly remembered the site name and typed it in, and the Mother marathon was on.

If it weren't for Rose I'm pretty sure I would have joined sooner, and that makes me a bit sad, but what can you do. Kim is still hooked with Rose and I play it from time to time.

lionheart91
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Before TSG I was always bummin' around the IGN forums. Mostly Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry, although at one point I was really involved on the X-Men forum for some odd reason :? A lot of the people on the FF forums were pretty much condescending all the time to everyone, and they thought they were the greatest thing to ever happen to the world. In fact, the first time I heard about TSG was actually on the Zelda boards, which is really weird since i'm not really into Zelda, but I just decided to check their boards out one day. Unfortunately, because I wasn't a big fan of Zelda, I didn't click on the link and wouldn't really find out about TSG until a few months later.

My activeness on the FF forums one day led me to a thread titled "Final Fantasy Marathon for charity". I clicked on the link in the thread, and I haven't looked back since. Nowadays I barely go on the IGN boards, or IGN at all for that matter now that i've joined the most amazing community ever _awesome_

Also, I wasn't doing too great in my personal life back then. I had few friends, and I was feeling pretty depressed all the time and almost gave up on my dream of becomign an actor because I constantly doubted myself and my abilities. Now though, i'm feeling a lot happier and i'm starting to follow my dream, knowing that no matter what happens i'll always have the support of the community.

Aeronautical
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
I wasn't really anywhere. I just mainly focused on school and TV. I'd just gotten into anime the summer I joined TSG and played video games in my spare time. For the most part I'd go to bed really early and wake up early as well X3 I remember when 11 pm was late for me. Besides that I didn't do much besides hang with friends, I really felt out of the loop in a lot of ways.

iHeart_Absol
09-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Well, I basically lived on Myspace, which I came to hate. I'd also just look around on the internet at random sites after school. I remember being kinda lonely and bored before I found this place. I'd sit in my chair playing Pokemon or what have you. I tried out Serebii shortly before finding TSG and I didn't like it much. I didn't stay there for long after registering on TSG. I was just intrigued.

This is actually the first forum I've really gotten into and I've kinda looked around at other forums, before now and presently, and I've come to realize that they aren't anything like this place. That's the problem I had when trying to find a forum to hang out at. Most of them were mean and nasty, full of silly heads that didn't care about others. I was just so glad to find this place and the different people I saw here sealed the deal. There's just so many interesting people here. It never gets boring. I'm just bummed I didn't come during the Pokemon marathon, but it makes me all the more excited about this one coming up.

AsherXII
09-30-2009, 02:14 AM
I was pretty much just your average college student. The boring, mundane everyday routine of waking up at 5 am. to catch the bus, coming back at around 6 pm. Passing out, and doing it all over again the next day. Well, I still do that, but now I have all of you awesome people to chat / be goofy with. _awesome_

Thanks everyone for being as cool as you are. I wish all of you the very best in life, in all that you do. I hope that this community will never change, for it is indeed a very unique and wonderful one.

Good times, good memories. Here's to hoping for many more to come! :)

Demon2k3
09-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Warning for a long post.

I myself discovered TSG during the zelda marathon during 08, the early one.

Before that i was heavily addicted and was heavily addicted for a long time during the time i have been in TSG to MMO's. I could litteraly spend hour and hours in front of the computer just doing nothing, or i spent my time in front on YT. I came behind alot in school and it was barely that i got money for rent and other bills this year. On top of that i had a very demanding relationship which kept me stressed out and also added to that i couldn't perform well. I broke up with her a few month, i think it was 2-3 months after i actually joined the forum, and the forum has helped me a ton to work out the pain i felt and the hardships i had.

The TSG has helped me a ton, i may not be the most active member nowadays but that is because of studies and such. But i can say this, without TSG i would never have saved up the courage to break up my dangerous relationship, something i am very happy about managing, without TSG (i didn't play MMO's during marathons at all), which made me realize that i don't need MMO's to entertain myself. So i began playing less and less. Nowadays i do not play at all.

Also i have met a ton of new friends, and that feels really awesome, even if my timezone is kinda awkward compared to you, i really enjoy my time on theese forums and theese forums has made me open my eyes, and i am glad that i have found a mature gaming community.

So i <3 TSG, and i really like everyone here in this forum. And i hope to have a great time in the future aswell, and i am not likely to leave this community anytime soon.

Baltes
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
before TSG i had a wife, a house, a car, and a job in Dover, Deleware
now i don't have any of that
look what TSG does to your life!!! (jk)
haha but seriously since joining TSG alot has happened here and there and i'm pretty scarce in the past few months because of things going on in my personal life.
But before TSG i can't say i had anything in my life which gave me purpose, or anything that made me look back and say DAMN i am awesome for being a part of that.
i had shunned god, family, friends, and i had a dead end job, now i'm back in my hometown where i never should have left, back at church, back with good friends, and i have begun an actual career.
TSG has changed me immensly and all for the better.
hmmm i first heard about TSG when kylethedarkn posted about the 2nd zelda marathon on the HyruleOnline.net forums

PokemonCheese
10-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Before TSG, I was most likely just very quiet, if you can believe that.
I was a member of Gaiaonline, and I had joined that in 2005.
That was my website addicted for a couple of years.
I felt kind of like at home there, but not really. I had my friends and I loved them so and everything, but now that I'm a member of TSG, I don't think anything can compare to this.

Gaia soon became distant and I was dealing with problems of my own at home around Spring of this year. I looked to youtube for boredom. Youtube was a source of enjoyment during those long summer days that just never seemed to end, which I liked. I wasn't myself though. I feel now, that I wasn't the true Cheese that you all know, I was the quiet Cheese. A Cheese that was distant and lost. I found Chugga this summer, and I instantly fell in love with his videos and it was on that fateful day in July, that I clicked on that Final Fantasy Promotion video and came to you guys. I started watching and I laughed, my first true laugh, in a couple of months. Tyler just cracked me up. And I remember that on Saturday, I was gone the whole day but when I came home, I had a sudden memory that HEY These people are having this marathon, I should check in. And so I made a Ustream account, right during Vegemite shake time. And then I remember Gwellin talking to me, as my first ever introduction and Baltes called me a weirdo. And I felt at home.

And that is how I found you guys and now I feel so right at home. You all are like my family. TSG has changed me for the better and now I just want to help out whatever way possible. I'm more happier, more joyous, and yeah, I just feel so much at home.

Shigure71
10-04-2009, 09:16 PM
-thinks- Oh I was on YouTube watching LPs. I had joined a few forums but I never really liked them much, I stoped posting on them like the day after I joined them. Then I saw Chuggaaconroys Legend of Zelda marathon promo video and came here, I liked it, I joined the forums the day the marathon ended and then never came back to the forums 'till the Mother marathon. And then I just sayed. And I have really liked all the marathons so far. (A shame I couldn't watch the MMM because I moved.) And the only real thing I can say I don't like about this forum is the background. And I should stop typing now.

Gwellin
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
A little over a year ago I was involved on three other forums. One I made for a local team I was a part of, hoping to develop a video game, but it never took off. The second was for a small webcomic that I was a fan of, where I got to know the author and helped with her site. The last was a giant technology community, where I usually stuck to the web developers section.

Kylethedarkn
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Before TSG I was a few places. I was at WantMidnaBack(An Initiative to get Midna in another game), TLOZTHF(The Legend of Zelda: The Hylian Frontier) which was a Zelda MMO that was like 10 times better than baltes/gunslinger's lame Hyrule Online, XD, jk baltes, Nsider2, and Hyrule Online(Kinda...Admin totally should have made me a mapper XD). :P

That's where I was. :P

Froznpanther
10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Ninja Village Naruto RPG. Which was a role playing forum based on Naruto that not only kept getting hacked but was finally hacked and then dismantled, from there the original creator sought not to re-build it.....Sad times.

Mega_Mario
10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Hm... I would have posted here sooner, but it wasn't until today that I actually remembered. (Being sick jogged my memory.)

Well, before TSG, all I can say is I was extremely bored. I was just sitting around all day watching television. The same shows. Every day. Usually reruns.

Then a little sooner to when I joined TSG, I was on Animal Crossing Community for awhile. I had a small Animal Crossing shop there. Then I happened to look at my phone and saw there was an event on March 13th that I put in there. I think you can see where I'm going. So yes. I tuned in for the Zelda Marathon, and with some people in there talking about the forum, I decided to join. When I joined I made a Meet and Great topic. To be honest, I did not expect any replies. To my surprise, there were replies. Quite a few actually. I decided to stay and well, here I am. As strange as this might or might not sound, I have made a lot more friends on TSG then anywhere else. <33 you guys.

Oh, before I forget, I probably should add how I knew about the Zelda marathon. While I created my forum account in March, I had read on Serebii in December about this crazy group of people trying to catch 491 Pokemon in 72 hours. I had seen a lot of the Pokethon, including the part showing the four spring/summer marathons.

pikminsquad2148
10-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I first heard of TSG when Chugga made a Video about the Halloween Marathon. I forgot about watching it and I meant to check the site later on but I never did.

Chugga also made a video about the Pokemon Marathon. Which I also missed. But when thelengendofzeldaseries.com posted about the 3rd Zelda Marathon that got my attention I watched the Marathon and joined the Forums. I never made a Meet 'n' Greet Topic because I thought I would get yelled at. @.@ I was on resrtiction during the Mother Marathon. But I was able to come and stay during the Metal Gear Marathon! :D (Even though I don't like Metal Gear >.<)

I joined youtube on January 4th 2008 so I was on Youtube alot and I was at the zetapets forums. Zetapets had such a nice community but one day I left and never came back.(I have no idea why) Most people on Youtube are mean and jerks. So before I came here I was pretty aggresive person. But TSG has changed my life!(In good ways) TSG is the best community ever and trust me Im here to stay! <3

Exclamation Point
10-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Just recently I realized I've been watching TSG since the first marathon, thanks to Mega_Mario's Wikipedia. Back then I was on a small forum for a game I liked when a link to a link of a link of a link was posted, "These guys are trying to beat all the Zelda's in 24 hours!" My response was less than thrilled. "Pssh, they're doing everything wrong, and what kind of pretentious name is 'TheSpeedGamers?" Granted, I was unaware it was for charity at the time.

Shortly after the forum dies, and I'm pretty bored. Come across another link without making an immediate connection. "Oh geez, these people again." Then I went out with my family for ice cream and just kind of forgot.

Fast forward to the first Mother marathon where I've completely forgotten the previous ones. In full support of the cause, scoffing at people who claimed it was an immature embarrassment. I got a kick out of a lot of the calls, but had to go do some other things. Not sure where I was on the Internet at this point, just kinda chilling on MSN.

Heard about the Halloween marathon, was far too busy pillaging houses for candy and watching crappy B horror movies with some now ex-friends.

And then I started watching all the marathons from Pokemon and onward. Wasn't anywhere in particular on the Internet, all my old hang out spots died terrible, fiery deaths. Real-life wise, my life has gone downhill quite a bit since last year, at no fault to TSG, things just happen. Really don't want to recount any of it, so yeah, that's that. :V

BUT I <3 YEW GAIZ NAO, SO IS K, K?

Eonis
10-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Well, before going to this forum I was mostly active on Marriland. Nothing much else was going on in my life; MSN, school etc.

lewigi2012
10-17-2009, 08:40 AM
I just lingered around the net, trying to find a decent community. FAR too many horrible people on the internet =.=
But not here =D

GrimsChild
10-17-2009, 11:52 AM
In a box, unaware of the joys of speed gaming.

Boo_24_7
10-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Before TSG, I was, and still am, on the Super Smash Bros Brawl Social Board on GameFAQs. I <3 that place.

NNASCJB88
10-21-2009, 02:45 PM
i used to waste my time on runescape. for like 5 years..so much wasted time..

JaggerG
10-22-2009, 04:45 AM
Since spring 2004 I've been on Metroid2002.com, having been a fan of the series for...um, a couple months, having only played Fusion. I became a mod there in July '07 because I had become such a hardcore Metroid guru 8^) (seriously, it's amazing the things you learn about games you've never played just by being in chatrooms that talk about them). I got a job at Game Crazy in July '08. It hadn't been until the Mario marathon that I actually heard of TSG. I checked out a link from the m2k2 forums, and looked at (I think?) Tyler lying on the couch playing Sunshine and getting lost on a hidden old-school level. I didn't see a commentator, I guess they had to go to the bathroom at the time or something.

I uh, left after 15 seconds thinking they had been pretty lame. XD But nevertheless, come August, they had a Metroid marathon that I just couldn't refuse. But once again, after seeing the Return of Samus and Fusion runs, I kind of thought "eh" about them looking strictly at the gameplay. But something about the commentary and the super massive chat room had been appealing enough to stick around for the next marathon. And the one after that. And the one after that. By the time the next Zelda marathon came around, I had become a devoted fan.

Unfortunately, by that time, I also no longer had a job. Though really, my personal life hasn't seemed to change at all because of this community. I kind of feel better as a person just being around such cool people and doing something good for others, though, I just haven't quite taken any life changing effects yet.

mr-saturn
10-22-2009, 07:53 PM
before i came to TSG i was preatty much the same, the only thing different was that i didnt have something to look forward to during the long, boaring months of school :)

Oculin
10-23-2009, 02:20 AM
i used to waste my time on runescape. for like 5 years..so much wasted time..
lol I played Final Fantasy XI for 5 years. I wouldn't say it was the most productive time I've ever spent, but wouldn't say it was wasteful. I learned a lot about my self and many other things while playing Final Fantasy XI lol. Also I'm a pretty laid back guy so it would have been Final Fantasy XI which was only $13 a month or buying games that are $50 USD or more every month...I would have been poor...and bored lol.

Maram123
11-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Before I came to TSG I wasn't living.

Naw, seriously, I was doing what I do now, hanging out and playing some los videojuegos with my friends!

Super_Yoshi!
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I've actually been on internet communities and such years before TSG came to be. The first was Nintendo NSider, once they got rid of the Role Playing Board I pretty much left, found another community of a few other people who left NSider, I started RPing with them (If you went to NSider years ago, I'm sure the name Yoshi Bodyguards rings a bell, even though I didn't RP with them until I left NSider), I started up a few sprite comics (None of which got further than ten comics before I decided I was too lazy to finish) and due to some internal fighting between some of the people I was with we often ended up switching to new boards, but now we primarily just use Skype to talk to each other now. We often call ourselves Tick Tack Dude members because the longest board we were on was called that. The board we went to before that was Game And Watch, and the new board was called Tick Tack Dude just because we noticed some Wikipedia vandalism on Game and Watch's page calling him Tick Tack Dude. And that is the story of why my Youtube and Skype name is SuperYoshi*TTD. Wait, what?

*Haha, TSG's swear filter won't allow me to remove the space here.

Nintendud
11-02-2009, 11:34 PM

I belonged to NSider back in the day. I didn't do much there, though. I did participate in live chats toward the end of everything with Nintendo Power staff.

As for where I've been before TSG? Everywhere. I'm all over the internet. It's amazing, since I bump into people I know from other places often. :)

highkaizer
11-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Before TSG... I found out about TSG well after I had mellowed out, high school was a tumultuous time for me (but isn't it for us all). By the time I found TSG I was a well-adjusted guy with close friends, hobbies that I loved, and was (still am) going to college to study animation. So, yeah, TSG is just icing on the cake.

Panda
11-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I was on 1up.com or something, and then I clicked a link. Amazing backstory, amirit?

kingofeds
11-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Before I came to TSG, I was an active member on IGN, Marriland and YouTube. I still am on YT, but not as much on the other two now.

deadbrain
01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
before tsg i was alot happier.
reasons why:
1. my school stil had its seniors
2. i wasnt addicted to tsg to where i would be dead miserable when they were not having a marathon, and only happy when they did have marathons.

as for in march 2008, i was probobly in my room being dead bored, since now im wishing i had known about tsg sooner than 09. :(

kittycabaret
01-05-2010, 12:09 AM
I was in the closet...
of gaming that is >.>

windows98
01-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I've been going to different forums for about 6 years now so I'd seen my fair share of the internet before coming here. Its been a long journey to get here though.

Raen
01-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Geez, I never posted in this topic? Lame! Well, that's gonna change now :D

Before I came to TSG, I was a very active member at a forum called ZFGC (Zelda Fan Game Central) for a long, long time. I was actually a moderator there for a while, too. Eventually, I left there due to various drama things and the forum kinda dieing. I didn't really have a central place I hung out at on the web until I found TSG, to be honest.

As far as real life goes, I graduated high school this past May, and so I had (and to be honest, have) nothing to do pretty much ever. None of my real life friends ever really hang out with me, so I'm stuck at home a bunch. I was also really obsessed with WoW for a long time, and through MMO-Champion I found TSG during the Final Fantasy marathon.

Bakanekokao
01-11-2010, 01:34 PM
1. Mah buddehs (abandoned now QmQ)
2. Cloud8745's old fourms, before he made Naturalborngamers (closed down)
3. Gaiaonline.
4. Deviantart
5. Childrenofcrisis
6. naruto-kun or w/e (before mah buddehs... Gosh I miss mah buddehs).
7. myspace
8. fanfiction.net
9.newgrounds
10. -can't say due to manga and stuff.-

WiiFanBoy
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I was part of the now dead Wiicast boards
i joined after the first marathon

DeeVeeDee
01-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I have had an account on GameFAQS for a pretty long time now. I think I registered in 2004 or 2005 O.O. Other than that, I was never a big part of any forums until TSG of course.

YalWerdna
01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I was once fairly active on GameFAQs as well, but that was under a different username. It's so much better here anyway :)

xClutchxF
01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I used to have go out everyday and freeze myself because my house was boring, then i got into pokemon :D

Maram123
01-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Well, I figured I'd post my real stuff in here, since my first post here was just silly.

Well, I , also, was a pretty avid Gamefaqs member, frequenting the Brawl forum lleading up to when it came out. While there I joined up with some people there and we branched off into our own little forum. After a while I got tired of a bunch of random stuff, which I really don't want to get into (LAWL INTERWEBZ DRAMA). Anyway, I still keep in touch with alot of those people. One of my friends from there told me about Go Nintendo. Being the nintendork I am, I went to the site and saw the FF stream, on it's first saturday. I watched a whole ton of it, and joined to forums around that time. I barely ever posted, though, and didn't become active til the RE marathon, though I still watched Megaman and such!

Gimmepienow
01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I was on and currently am on the Pokecommunity and Gamefaqs forums and on Youtube before I discovered this. I watched quite a few the TSG marathons but it wasn't until the Pokemon marathon that I decided to join, and a month after joining I'm making one of my first posts! Hopefully I'll stick around for quite a while because I would like to get more into this community, because I don't have a whole lotta stuff to do...

yay for having no life!