PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest III - A Twitter Adventure (Complete)

Blaumagier
12-02-2009, 04:33 AM
I know this isn't exactly a LP but I couldn't figure a better place on the forums for this. Even though I've had the game practically since it first came out on the NES as Dragon Warrior III, I'm doing a blind play through (by which I mean I've never played the game before and I will not refer to GameFAQs or anything of the such) of Dragon Quest III and I'm posting my progress on Twitter. All my blunders and my personal thoughts as if I was Loto will be included (Although the first two tweets were not in this manner), so from the third tweet onward, it will be in character. I think it should be at least mildly entertaining for anyone who wants to follow it, especially when I inevitably get lost. Anyways, my twitter is here: http://twitter.com/MysticShadow73

I'll try to update as soon as anything of any kind of significance happens within the game, but I want everyone to please keep in mind that I am working (currently) and going to school and I've got a big project coming up next week so until then, if updates are slow then that's the reason why. I hope you guys enjoy it.

P.S. For those that are wondering, I am using the recently finished fan translation of the Super Famicom version of Dragon Quest III done by several folks over at the Dragon's Den community (a DQ/DW exclusive community)

EDIT: This adventure is now complete. Thank to those who followed it and I hope you enjoyed it for the past month.

Brineboy
12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Sounds cool I actually just started the fan translation when it was released about 2 weeks ago

Blaumagier
12-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Well, it seems you are the only person interested in it, but I do hope you enjoy it. It's kind of fun to write out the tweets.

Sub-Laguz
12-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I hadn't really decided to make a Twitter account until now. There's others I'm interested in following so I think this is the time to catch up.
I'm gonna enjoy following this, blind playthroughs are always interesting.

Blaumagier
12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Just want to let you guys know, updates are going to be scarce until after Xmas and don't expect any at all this weekend (obvious reasons :))

Updates will probably resume on January 6th, if I don't magically have a job but amazingly still have internet some how.

Blaumagier
01-31-2010, 06:47 AM
For those who are following me, I want to apologize for the long break, but I'm pleased to announce that updates will be happening very soon - if you're not following it, now is a good time to start following.

Also, just an FYI here, if there's any long breaks that I don't announce, it's probably due to me having to farm money for equipment or grind a few levels out.

Blaumagier
02-11-2010, 11:51 PM
This twitter adventure is now complete. I hope everyone enjoyed it. After I beat Zoma, I began to regret not having done a real LP because the finishing blow was incredibly epic (reflected damage from Zoma striking my character with Blade Armor equipped).

Brineboy
02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I enjoyed reading this it makes me want to play it a bit too
are you gonna do this type o thing again with another game possibly another dragon quest game?

Blaumagier
02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Possibly. There's a good chance I would do this or a full-blown LP for DQ1 the next time I play it since it's pretty short (probably a Twitter adventure though because 85% of that game is farming money for gear). The next Dragon Quest game I'm going to play is DQ7 but I'm not going to restrict myself from looking at a guide when I play through it. I mean, sure I can get where I need with nothing more than random townsfolks and magical maps, but I hate having to crawl through the last couple dungeons of a DQ game and hitting up all the dead ends with no treasure.

All in all though, DQ3 was pretty good. The only balancing issues I found was Baramos vs the difficulty of his castle. I fought him 4 times, the first 3 times he destroyed me on turn 2. That was really weird because I was able to mash attack all throughout his castle with very little MP expenditure. I grinded up about 10 levels for the hero and went through some job changes for my others and was able to take him rather easily. Then of course there was no challenge the rest of the game except for Barabros (but not Barazomb or King Hydra - they were jokes) and Zoma.

Maram123
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Congrats Blau! It seems like it was fun!