PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

blahcookies
12-02-2009, 11:07 PM
hmmm, i expected this game to be already reviewed on the forums, its didnt see it and its there, or i just didnt see it
but if i just didnt see it, im kinda geussing thespeedgamers community is not into these games i geuss, as i didnt see any other fps reviews either, or at least not much T_T :fail:

so ima make one

MW2 is a great game, im saying that right now. right now, its the best multiplayer experience out there SO FAR. of course, most of the audience bought it for the amazing multiplayer so thats why its so great, but when it comes to a game, you cant just review one part of it

so the multiplayer is amazing, there is a large variety of maps for people to play, there is an excellent leveling system and your constantly unlocking different items for your guns, different perks, and also, theres a newly added customizable kill streak and there are now death streaks.

you can use 3 killstreaks, and you can pick from 15 different killstreaks. this makes the multiplayer really surprising and exciting as your getting uav, airstrike, and helicopter in that order. the killstreaks range from care packages, to AC130 (the flying god you get to use in Cod4 story) to a tactical nuke. its always surprising when someone gets a nuke
for the deathstreaks, not really a gamechanger, but they help

but as you keep getting kills, your constantly getting different challenges for each single thing you do, like, everything you do

now for spec ops, spec ops is amazingly hard on veteran mode. even though most of the audience misses the zombie mode, i geuss spec ops meets the standard as the bonus mode. spec ops is a 2 player mission progress... thing

you and a friend continually do a variety of missions to unlock stars. once you beat it, i bet youll only do it to help a friend out. but i still have yet to beat it (ive just been playing multiplayer)

now for the dissapointing part, the story mode
the story continues on from the last game, and you play as the charcter roach with captain mactavash (soap, the guy who you played in the first game) as your leader.
the story has SOOOO much epic parts to it, and its really exciting.

theres snow levels too and i loved them as killing people in the snow without them knowing pleased me.

but when you put the disc into your console THE VERY FIRST TIME!, it asks you if you want to skip any missions that might offend you. and this was one of the dissapointments.

the mission it was talking about had an army ranger (army ranger is one of the main factions in the story) spying on the main enemy. by doing this undercover, you go in an airport, you come out of an elevator, and just start killing civilians, i thought this part was pretty crazy but i didnt shoot anybody, i just watched :lol:
but other than that, when you were all done, there was so much blood everywhere that i knew some of the audience will be offended

but thats not the main dissapointment, the main dissapointment of the story was the shortness.
most call of dutys have a 10 hour story on normal mode, with at least 20-24 hours of veteran mode. i beat this game on veteran mode in 14 hours

the story length just does not meet up to call of duty standards and i was kinda dissapointed that it took me so little time to beat the game.

but i just bought the game for the multiplayer anyways _dead_

so i really suggest this game to people with multiplayer... minds, i geuss

have fun :thumbs:

c0ry5m1th
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
hey i saw in the trailer what looked like part of the game was in space is that correct? anyways i played some of the first one and once i get a ps3 i am going to by the first one and this one. but that's not important i am just wondering if you know if i am right or not?

Mezix
12-16-2009, 06:12 PM
hey i saw in the trailer what looked like part of the game was in space is that correct?
Correct, but you don't play in space, it's just a cutscene.

2fast4you
12-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I love this game! too bad my 36 died like 2 weeks after getting it...lame

c0ry5m1th
12-17-2009, 04:20 PM
hey i saw in the trailer what looked like part of the game was in space is that correct?
Correct, but you don't play in space, it's just a cutscene.

okay that's cool

TourettesOnFire
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I have this game for the pc and it's pretty neat.

It's just so anoyying with all the campers on multiplayer, and the spawning needs to be fixed so bad, because you can kill someone, and they will spawn behind you and then you're pretty much in the pits...

Apart from that, some treaking to be done but yeah, very addictive game!

kittycabaret
12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
I love this game. It's awesome. My friends make fun of me for being a girl who loves shooters =(
Oh well, it's worth it =P

Rhysy612
12-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I really like this game, completed this on veteran.. took ages but its worth it :)

markus
12-21-2009, 05:09 PM
the online is so cool,some levels are a bit over the top as for the terrosrist level but hey thats why it got a R18

.i?s???iac.
12-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Meh MW2 was hyped up way too much and with adding the "controversial" level was just to get even more publicity. Overall the campaign was too short, online is full of campers and the only good thing I find about the game is the Spec Ops.

ughdallin
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
i love this game but my only problem is how it matches you online but other than that this game does rock

MalusCaliber
12-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Although the game was hyped up i really liked what they did with multiplayer....good kill streaks and got rid of juggers and patched martadom which is definatly a good thing

Although i expected more out of the campaign it was still moderately good

moonraker1
12-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I really enjoy this game but I'm not playing the multiplayer a lot because of
the many bugs that IW needs to fix. (infinite care packages and javelin glitch) But still an all around good game with really good balance definitely one of my favs. :lol:

HyruleLink
12-22-2009, 03:19 PM
MW2 is an awesome game. I enjoyed the storymode and online. Yes, I know there are many glitches online. I want IW to patch those glitches. I HATE the private match glitch! People always saying "I got a legit nuke" when they just prone and spawn kill in the private match.

Overall, I think this game is straight up win!

blahcookies
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Ha, there are people that actually get legit nukes.

I got 7 legit nukes, i could probably get more but their boring to get

MultipurposeGamer
04-25-2010, 06:05 PM
This is my favourite online multiplayer game ever. I am 6 prestige, almost 7th. I love the search and destroy game mode too. Can't wait for the map pack for ps3. Sucks that it comes out a month after the xbox though.

wee187
04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I tried this game out, due to my cousin renting it for me. It's alright, I can see why people would go crazy over it, but it's just not my type of game. I'm someone who prefers JRPG's(FFXIII ftw) but from what I've played, MW2 isn't bad and I may finish campaign mode. :)

tallboy250
06-12-2010, 11:02 PM
i think the story was short and the reason why was because people are going to multiplayer. I know people who have had it for months and have not played the game

TheDonMaister
06-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Good game. Have it for PC it is just annoying that some people are amazing (like myself ;D) and other's are rubbish so I think that there should be a separate system where good plays good and beginners play beginners.

The story was cool.. i especially liked the last level when you threw the knif at Shepard Epic Kill and a half!

shukojake
06-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I love the Call of Duty series and since it was a sequel to another storylinewise i had to get this. It has a ton of amazing cutscenes and epic storyline thats full of surprises and returning characters. It also screams SEQUEL!

Spitfire01230
06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I agree this game does have a wide variety of game play for Single and Multiplayer. With the new map packs coming out the multiplayer experience is expanding.I love how you can now choose a variety of perks and get them upgraded by using them, and now there's almost 2X the ammount of weapons that were in Cod 4. And with many more attachments to the primary AND secondary weapons it's a blast of fun. The Graphics and Detail is very good compared to Battlefield and Halo. Now with the customizable Killstreak setup, deathstreaks, map variety, map size, and the variety of weapons, i'm very much in love with this game.

Spec ops is awesome and is challenging on Veteran, but the story line is quite short. I'd say at least 18-20 hours on Veteran and 8-10 hours on Normal. Sadly people were expecting a Modern Warfare 3, but because of Activision leaving Infinity ward the process of making that will be slowed.

Over all i'd give the game a 9.5/10

Ziner110
06-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought this game was preaty good. The campaign was fun and the story awesome with plenty of twists. The multiplayer was O.K. but it got boring and monotnous after the first few hours of gameplay. I also had to mute player sound, because of the anoying 10 year olds.(im quite serious.) But other than that it is a preaty good game.

bounceyball890
06-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I thought this game was extremly average and short i don't think it's anything to get crazy over.

og23
06-19-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't think the game is bad. But I do think it's a little overrated. I personally like Bfbc2. But that just me. I found the campaign to be a little lackluster. Although I did have lots of fun with the multiplayer. It's alright but I personally don't think it's that great .

Wazuki
06-19-2010, 08:28 PM
the game is fun, but like all shooters the next big shooter will come out soon and the crowd will go to that one. As long as the numbers for a shooter game are high then its fun. Kinda how it always been. I remember playing gears 1 waiting for halo 3 then halo 3 came then playing halo 3 for the next shooter which was cod for me. It just a giant cycle with online shooters.

nonetheless the online setup for cod is additive and that is why its so good. You just want to keep going to unlock a new weapon on go prestige and to boot the maps were actually good(horrors of halo 3 maps going through my head)

xClutchxF
06-19-2010, 08:32 PM
I can never get a nuke, I usually have a 20 killstreak and then BAM , commando. T_T

bounceyball890
06-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I can never get a nuke, I usually have a 20 killstreak and then BAM , commando. T_T

wow that is alot bettert than me, i usually get a 5 death streak and then one kill and then it repeats, i am preety bad.