PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with my audio

Gimmepienow
01-07-2010, 06:25 PM
In my LP, I'm trying to have sound come from both the game and my commentary. But The audio from the game is is distorted and sounds really bad. Fortunately at most points you can't even here the sound so it (better to have silence than a racket) The volume problem can be solved by me just turning it up but I wanna fix the sound first.

By the way, when I set to record from speakers, I get this message saying "WaveoutGetSelectControl() failed." I would like to get help witht his quick because I don't really wanna continue until I fix the problem.

skateman222
01-08-2010, 02:02 AM
If you are using CamStudio, which I think you are using because of the WaveOut error, then I know exactly what you need to do. Now, I've never done an LP on an emulator, so I wouldn't know exactly. But, if you want to make things simple, just use a microphone (preferably a headset) and just record your commentary through that. Chances are if you have a good microphone, the game's audio will be able to be heard as well.

The harder way is to record to separate things, but you get a better result this way. On Camstudio, don't choose "Record from Speakers", instead choose "Record from microphone." But, before you record, go to the Audio Options and in the device you have to choose, you should be able to see "Stereo Mix" in the list of options (If you don't because of vista, then you have to go to your computer's sound settings from the control panel, show the disabled devices and then enable the Stereo Mix). Using Stereo Mix, you will get the sound of your speakers directly into your screen capture. Then, for the commentary, just use a microphone/headset to record using the default Sound Recorder on your computer, or even better, get Audacity for free.

Hope this helps you get started on making LPs! :thumbs:

Gimmepienow
01-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Thanks, I started off using record from microphone but the volume was too low for the microphone to pick it up I guess.

Maram123
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
If you're using a headset. you could turn the headsets volume up to it's max, then just lay it near you. You should be able to hear the music, and the mic can pick up both your voice and the game audio if you talk loud enough.

Gimmepienow
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
If you're using a headset. you could turn the headsets volume up to it's max, then just lay it near you. You should be able to hear the music, and the mic can pick up both your voice and the game audio if you talk loud enough.

I have a set of earphones but I'm afraid I'm blow them out if I turn the volume up too high, I did once before with an old pair when I forgot they were plugged in and kept turning up the volume because there was nothing coming out the speakers. I have epic fails like that.

Maram123
01-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, that's true...