PDA

View Full Version : Meet commissioner.. YUSO

TheSpeedGamers
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
There's so much going on with TSG that I'm having a hard time keeping track of things like the Pokemon league.

I'm going to let a more knowledgeable Pokemon master take over, that would be Yuso.

However he wants to run the league, its up to him. Make sure to be respectful and to HAVE FUN!

Sonic62
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Congrats Yuso? I helped set up this league and this is the first I'm hearing of this.

I would have done this.

localretard
01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Well we did kind of steal this idea from Yuso anyway, so I think it's only fair. Congrats Yuso!

AlanEdgeHead
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
What are you talking about Sonic, you don't even run your own Gym. >_>

And I thought it was Yuso's idea. :/

localretard
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Sonic helped with the rules and stuff, but yes this originally was Yuso's idea. We contacted him before we started this up to see if it was alright with him.

iHeart_Absol
01-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Yuso will be a great person to take over. I'm sure he'll steer it in the right direction. It is true that this looks bad, considering Sonic hasn't been actually battling... but I hope both Yuso and Sonic and work together and make this really great. :) That is, if Yuso wants Sonic's input. :S

Sonic62
01-14-2010, 12:31 PM
What are you talking about Sonic, you don't even run your own Gym. >_>
Oh come on! I've had battles before, and I'll back before this season is done.
(It'd be nice to know when that is btw)

Also: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5627 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5627)

Blaumagier
01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah I've kind of hit a standstill since November due to half of the gyms being inactive. I understand RL comes first and everything, but maybe putting in a substitute gym-leader when you take an extended leave wouldn't be a bad idea? Just a thought anyways.

AlanEdgeHead
01-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Good idea, actually.

iHeart_Absol
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah I've kind of hit a standstill since November due to half of the gyms being inactive. I understand RL comes first and everything, but maybe putting in a substitute gym-leader when you take an extended leave wouldn't be a bad idea? Just a thought anyways.
Man if someone brought this up before I would have gave up my position. But I had no idea it would be this long until I got a router. This is a good idea to consider next season.

Blaumagier
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Man if someone brought this up before I would have gave up my position. But I had no idea it would be this long until I got a router. This is a good idea to consider next season.

Well I certainly wouldn't have wanted you to just give up the position! I'm not saying people had bad reasons for being inactive either, I mean pkmnfan's schooling is definitely more important than this (although he may be battling again now, I haven't checked since right before the Pokemon marathon) and it is pretty hard to battle with a broken router (and of course nobody knows what's going on with that mysterious rust :lol: ). But I do figure, its your Gym and your prerogative to do anything so long as it fits within the rules of the leagues, right?

windows98
01-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Congrats, Yuso. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Yuso
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Haha. Thanks all. And Blaumager, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm just working out the details and seeing whose going to cover what. And as for Rust, unless he's having difficulties starting up battles, I will also have him covered so until I hear from him thats where I stand with that. And I won't make blind decisions, I'll most likely be asking around for input and will likely go to Sonic for some discussion because regardless if he's been battling or not, he's still got the skills :P

Sonic62
01-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Haha. Thanks all. And Blaumager, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm just working out the details and seeing whose going to cover what. And as for Rust, unless he's having difficulties starting up battles, I will also have him covered so until I hear from him thats where I stand with that. And I won't make blind decisions, I'll most likely be asking around for input and will likely go to Sonic for some discussion because regardless if he's been battling or not, he's still got the skills :P
Thanks Yuso, you're a class act all the way. I appreciate it. :D

CodeZTM
01-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Go Yuso! Do you have one of those baseball commisoner rugged Irish accents? Because that would be awesome!

/glompsu

Muzy72
01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Congrats Yuso! So many congratulations >_>

Since you're "commissioner" now, I thought I would mention this here. I think we should start new season in April, since a lot of people will be getting HG/SS, and by April, a lot of people will have teams for it.

Jnooley
01-14-2010, 06:32 PM

Since you're "commissioner" now, I thought I would mention this here. I think we should start new season in April, since a lot of people will be getting HG/SS, and by April, a lot of people will have teams for it.

Even though I have had my HG&SS teams since late October,
I second this...

With that I believe it would be a lot easier for us to implement 2010 Championship Rules... which I and certainly others would believe to be the logical choice.

Dark_Weavile
01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
YAY congrats yuso!

Maram123
01-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Congrats, Yuso, I'm sure you'll run the league fantastically (is that a word? >_>).

I can't believe how many changes TSG is going through right now. IT'S INCREDIBLE!

gama-chan
01-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Will you still be battling then, Yuso, If you're going to be in charge of the league? I guess so, this shouldn't take up any gym time :p
Anyway, good for you! Two promotions in one week :lol:

Kylethedarkn
01-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Congrats Yuso. :P

the1stpkmnfan
01-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Congrats Master Yuso *bows down* Hope you and Sonic may work out wonders the rest of the League this year. :)

Yuso
01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks all :]

Season 2 will be ending around this time. :P
Which by the way, Season 2 of the league will be starting around mid-february and will be ending around April. So the 3rd season will be where to expect mass HG/SS outbreak right? :P

Wasurenai
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey, congrats Yuso!~ <3

gama-chan
01-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks all :]

Season 2 will be ending around this time. :P
Which by the way, Season 2 of the league will be starting around mid-february and will be ending around April. So the 3rd season will be where to expect mass HG/SS outbreak right? :P
Ending? But I haven't gotten my badges :( I still have time, I hope?

Yuso
01-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Start your challenges! :P
If you're missing the following: Science, Beastmode, Vegemight.
I'm working on getting a solution worked out so everyone can have an opportunity to obtain these.

CodeZTM
01-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Start your challenges! :P
If you're missing the following: Science, Beastmode, Vegemight.
I'm working on getting a solution worked out so everyone can have an opportunity to obtain these.

Yay. The three I lack. _awesome_

/hugs Yuso

NicoCW
01-14-2010, 08:54 PM
How did I miss this thread? Congratulations, Master Yuso!

I don't mean to be rude, but I haven't bothered doing battles lately since too many gyms were closed. Hopefully, that will be worked out.

If I could make a suggestion, can we drop Item Clause? It's not used in standards anymore, and Nintendo tournaments have always been infamous for having messy rules.

Yuso
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
As of right now, all rules for season 1 will remain the same. If any rules are modified or added, they will be in season 2. :]

Blaumagier
01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm missing the Maple, Vegemight, Beastmode, and Blue Bonnet badges. It's looking like Blue Bonnet is the only one I have a shot at being able to challenge right now.

gama-chan
01-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Oh god, I feel stupid now XD I posted on Abby's thread asking if I could battle, and I had forgotten she was one of the names on that post above :p
I'll delete it!

AlanEdgeHead
01-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Can we get a Temp. Gym leader til Sonic feels like returning? And a permanent Rust replacement. It's been a couple months since my last Gym battle and I'm sooo close to having all 8 badges. _awesome_

gama-chan
01-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Can we get a Temp. Gym leader til Sonic feels like returning? And a permanent Rust replacement. It's been a couple months since my last Gym battle and I'm sooo close to having all 8 badges. _awesome_
It would have to be somebody who isn't challenging the league, or else they wouldn't be able to win the badge themselves :p but I think a lot of people are challenging the league, or if not someone who isn't challenging the league, someone who has already beaten that leader. I dunno :p Would be complicated for the Vegimite badge lol

Blaumagier
01-15-2010, 05:02 PM
I still think Rust is the Giovanni of our league and won't appear until someone has the other 7 badges.

Sonic62
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I still think Rust is the Giovanni of our league and won't appear until someone has the other 7 badges.
I've personally battled Rust and... well, never mind. :P

AlanEdgeHead
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I've personally battled Rust and... well, never mind. :P

I've always had Rust labeled as a pushover, in my mind. Sonic is the real toughest leader. He just needs to battle again!

CodeZTM
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I remember our battle came down to the last poke, and he was ridiculously tough to defeat. Sonic is definitely in the top 3 trainers on this site for sure. xD

the1stpkmnfan
01-15-2010, 07:52 PM

If thats the case, he's actually A LOT like Brandon from the Pokemon anime, except that'd be 6 Frontier Symbols instead. But same dif. :P

ditto493
01-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Congrats Yuso! :thumbs:

Wallace
01-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Hmm it looks like things are starting to run more smooth.. maybe I'll actually start to get involved in the league now?

Dark_Weavile
01-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Hmm it looks like things are starting to run more smooth.. maybe I'll actually start to get involved in the league now?
lol its a little late though isnt it, there are only a few weeks left.

markus
01-24-2010, 12:27 AM
when can we join

gama-chan
01-24-2010, 12:30 AM
when can we join
The current league is still going on now, you can "join" by PMing gym leaders you find in this topic
viewforum.php?f=67 (http://community.thespeedgamers.com/viewforum.php?f=67)
it's just about wrapping up though, so you might want to hurry XD

Yuso
01-24-2010, 10:21 AM
lol its a little late though isnt it, there are only a few weeks left.

You don't need to participate in the first season to be allowed in the upcoming 3. There's still 3 weeks remaining this season so it could be possible to obtain all badges by then.