PDA

View Full Version : ustream producer

fettouhi
02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
well ustream made some improvement or should I say bought them :D

ustream producer us a program just like the procaster on livestream broadcast with having to use you browser. it gives you alot of nice features but you hav to pay for them.

the free version is cool and all but you can only stream in sd and it only allows you 1 video device. so you can't do pic in pic with a capture card and a webcam.

for the pic in pic function you will have to go ustream producer pro witch is 200$ life time license. it lets you use as many input devies as you cant and do pic in pic plus it goes HD too but, you can't adjust the encoding so you have to make good with the presets ustream gives you witch are ok.

here a link to a test video I did in HD with the pro. its in 1080i

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/4419767

this has not been converted to SD like I did for my stream this is pure 1080i.

try it out but I think ustream is ripping people off with takes some features away from people not being able to do pnp with capture card and webcams so you have to pay 200$.

another thing is that if you think you can use HDV with the pro gues again. it says it supports it but you need a plugin for it witch cost 100$ so in total 300$ for people that want to use there HDV cams.

I sad that ustream bought this and its true. if you try using the encoding editing too it will say you will have to upgrade too ???? wirecast!!!!. go look up there product its 450$ and the interface looks alot like the producer. plus they have the same thing 100$ for HDV plugin.

all in all it works great but 200$ hmm... I personally still thinking about investing it and we have talk about it in the staff so I hope to have open people eyes abit and ask question if you have any

Raen
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
It sounds interesting, but like you said, 200 bucks is quite the steep price. Too much for me, anyway.

skateman222
02-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Oooh, that sounds nifty, but the $200 price tag is bugging me =/

Luigi110
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
I tried the free one. and I've never amused myself so much _awesome_

It does give my stream so much better quality. Especially with my somewhat cheap capture card, where I had to lower the quality a decent amount to get it to run smooth.

Now there's no pixels and its smooth. I'm quite pleased with producer.

Although it sometimes crashes after making a recording >_<

$200 is like way too much though..

YalWerdna
02-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I heard about this through some random person visiting my stream on Monday, and I thought I'd check it out. The free version is cool, but... $200?!? Not for me, anyway.

the1stpkmnfan
02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
It does sound interesting, but 200 isnt in my wallet at this time. Dx

Sonic62
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
This kills a not so powerful internet connection doesn't it... ;>_>

Yuso
02-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Hmm. That does seem like a practical solution for PiP display. Webcam utilities tend to put my processors into overdrive while working on it with FMLE running simutanously, so it would be very useful to have the power of both in one package (even better, it being connected to your account)

DeeVeeDee
02-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree with Yuso, you can have the best of both worlds with Producer.

fettouhi
02-06-2010, 01:12 AM
again the free producer does not allow pnp with other video feeds. you can only have one. so do you think its worth 200$ for something you normally get for free on ustream it self ?

Tanexion
02-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I guess for people who are serious about broadcasting and do it on a regular basis, then I don't see why not. For someone who's just broadcasting games occasionally for entertainment, probably not so much. I'm in the latter category, so nah.

Kilgard
02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
again the free producer does not allow pnp with other video feeds. you can only have one. so do you think its worth 200$ for something you normally get for free on ustream it self ?

I don't think it's fair to take away a pretty basic feature of the default ustream broadcaster. I think ustream producer has potential to be a pretty cool application, but it either needs to offer more, or lower it's price tag.

fettouhi
02-10-2010, 12:50 AM

I don't think it's fair to take away a pretty basic feature of the default ustream broadcaster. I think ustream producer has potential to be a pretty cool application, but it either needs to offer more, or lower it's price tag.

I agree with you you need to be able to do 2 video feeds at least and pnp. then we can talk about the pro version may offer more feeds and transition.

I don't think the price tag is too high but it need more and the free you have the same abilities as the normal ustream web flash app.