PDA

View Full Version : The 'Recommend Me a Game' Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Masamune
02-05-2010, 02:25 AM
I see too many of these "Are there any good ____ on Wii?" or "Can someone tell me some good ____ games?" threads, so I thought a thread for just that would be appropriate (Sorry if this is the wrong section, seemed the best place to put it <.<).

So yeah, if you need any help finding good games or finding out whether games are all they're cracked up to be, then just ask here.

Sonic62
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Great idea! :thumbs:

Panda
02-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Might I recommend a sticky?

Also, to start this baby off, can anyone recommend me a platformer for the PC that's similar to stuff like Metroid, Castlevania, Trine, etc? It'll be better if the game is, like, more than a year old since my laptop's capabilities are r-tarded.

Masamune
02-05-2010, 09:14 AM
For your preferences, Panda, Cave Story fills all of them. It's in the vein of Metroidvania games and it doesn't require much to run. Best of all, it's completely free! :)

SlightlyGeeky
02-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Ok I've got one. I'm looking for a GBA platformer that I could pick up and play for fifteen or so minutes and then put it away for a while. Bonus points if it's colorful but not "girly".

Panda
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
For your preferences, Panda, Cave Story fills all of them. It's in the vein of Metroidvania games and it doesn't require much to run. Best of all, it's completely free! :)
Just looked up a trailer for the game, and I must say that DOES look really fun. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ok I've got one. I'm looking for a GBA platformer that I could pick up and play for fifteen or so minutes and then put it away for a while. Bonus points if it's colorful but not "girly".
Yoshi's Island, Wario Land 4, Metroid 'Zero Mission'/'Fusion', Castlevania 'Circle of the Moon'/'Harmony of Dissonance'/'Aria of Sorrow'.

All are really fantastic games, with Aria of Sorrow being my favourite game on the GBA.

Masamune
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Kirby, Mario Advance, Wario Land 4, Sonic Advance, and several other games on GBA should suit you just nicely Geeky.

@ Panda, it's one of the best games I've ever played, certainly the best Platformer I've ever played. It's got a great story and LOADS of hidden content to boot, for a freeware game. Pretty lengthy as well (Around 6-8 hours, sometimes longer if it's your first go).

pikminsquad2148
02-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I need good game reccomendations for WiiWare Titles. (I have only one (Final Fantaysy My Life as a King) -_-).

Masamune
02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Pikmin: I don't have any WiiWare titles of my own yet, but I've plyed several. LostWinds and LostWinds 2 are both worthy buys, although a bit on the short side. World of Goo is also good if you're looking for something to put your brain to the test. MegaMan 9, Contra ReBirth, LIT, and Swords and Soldiers are worthy buys as well. It looks like a good year for WiiWare this year as well, with a lot of very interesting looking games heading our way. Cave Story Wii, Super Meat Boy and La Mulana are some that I'm personally looking forward to loads.

Oculin
02-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I need good game reccomendations for WiiWare Titles. (I have only one (Final Fantaysy My Life as a King) -_-).
I really enjoyed Tales of Monkey Island. It is a bit pricey though. it takes place over 5 parts and they're $10 each. So really a $50 game.

KingBroly
02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
If you get Tales of Monkey Island, I'd recommend it on PC (remember to look at your specs first) because it's a good deal cheaper if you get the whole season ($15) and it runs better.

I'd recommend Mega Man 9, Lost Winds and NyxQuest. I have Lost Winds 2, but I haven't played it enough to recommend it.

Panda
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
For Wiiware games, I HIGHLY recommend the Bit.trip series. They're quirky, they're fun, and they demand replay value (if only because they're kind of tough >.> ).

untuxable
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
The Bit.Trip. games are really good. All three of them are different, but all relate to music in some odd way. All 3 are co-op and cost 6 bucks. I recommend starting with Beat, the first made and probably the easiest (atleast the first level)

I've also heard Megaman 9, Pokemon Rumble, and World of Goo are really good.

pikminsquad2148
02-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Actually I was thinking of getting the PC Version of World of Goo. But, thanks for the suggestions. :) Also is the Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney WiiWare version good? Or should I just buy the DS version?

GrimsChild
02-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Might I recommend a sticky?

Also, to start this baby off, can anyone recommend me a platformer for the PC that's similar to stuff like Metroid, Castlevania, Trine, etc? It'll be better if the game is, like, more than a year old since my laptop's capabilities are r-tarded.

If your interested in Retro gaming, look for a PC-98 game called Rusty. I read about in an article in Retro gamer then tried it out for myself and it was pretty awesome Castlevania clone (Even better maybe)

Can someone recommend to me a 2D fighting game that isn't Street Fighter, Kign of Fighters, Melty Blood, Anything with Capcom in the title, Guilty Gear or Fatal Fury?

Masamune
02-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Tekken is absolutely amazing, although it's sorta 3D. I suppose Smash Bros. as well... that's all that really spring to mind at the moment.

GrimsChild
02-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Tekken is absolutely amazing, although it's sorta 3D. I suppose Smash Bros. as well... that's all that really spring to mind at the moment.

Tekken is 3D Smash Bros is 2.5D (Don't like either of them anyway)

Any other suggestions?

Masamune
02-06-2010, 07:21 AM

Tekken is 3D Smash Bros is 2.5D (Don't like either of them anyway)

Any other suggestions?
Hmm, not that I can think of... Err.... Mortal Kombat? ._.;

Muzy72
02-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Should I get Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People on WIi or PC? Does it make much of a difference on which system its on?

Masamune
02-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Should I get Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People on WIi or PC? Does it make much of a difference on which system its on?
It's pretty similar to Tales of Monkey Island in the WiiWare/PC respect. I'd say check out the price and see which comes off cheaper.

KingBroly
02-06-2010, 11:56 AM
PC versions of Telltale games are always cheaper ($9 per episode, $30-$35 for a season, $22-$25 if you upgrade to a season from an episode). About a month ago they gave away Episode 5 for free on PC, and just last week they had Sam & Max Season 1 for $5.

I want to recommend The Maw on XBLA. It's very enjoyable.

pikminsquad2148
02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm looking for good RPGs for the Wii, PS2, DS, GBA, & Gamecube. Excluding Final Fantasy games.

Oculin
02-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm looking for good RPGs for the Wii, PS2, DS, GBA, & Gamecube. Excluding Final Fantasy games.
Wii
Dragon Quest Swords (Try to find this one for cheap. Only lasts a good 10-15 hours

GCN
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Skies of Arcadia
second Baten Kaitos if you like the first one, not as good at the first though

PS2
Xenosaga series (be prepared to watch lots and lots of cutscenes)
Radiata Stories

DS
The World Ends With You

Mario RPGs across all of thsoe platforms are usually good fun as well.

Calum
02-06-2010, 05:54 PM
One good Wii one is "Little King's Story"... well, it's an RTS RPG, so if you don't like them, avoid. But it's a good game regardless.

Carnage
02-06-2010, 05:57 PM
What's wrong with Final Fantasy? Or do you just own them all already? :/

Gamecube: Paper Mario: TTYD
DS: Chrono Trigger, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
GBA: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Majority of the RPGs I own are Final Fantasy so that took quite a few off the list for me XD

Masamune
02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age PS2/GC
MegaMan Battle Network 1-6 GBA/DS
Tales of ___ Wii/PS2/GBA/GameCube/DS
Via Virtual Console/WiiWare: Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Breath of Fire I-II, Phantasy Star series (Although some BoF and PS are on the GBA as well)

That's all that spring to mind at the moment that haven't been mentioned yet. :/

pikminsquad2148
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age PS2/GC
MegaMan Battle Network 1-6 GBA/DS
Tales of ___ Wii/PS2/GBA/GameCube/DS
Via Virtual Console/WiiWare: Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Breath of Fire I-II, Phantasy Star series (Although some BoF and PS are on the GBA as well)

That's all that spring to mind at the moment that haven't been mentioned yet. :/
Are the Star Ocean games any good? I have had my eye on them for awhile now.

Masamune
02-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Are the Star Ocean games any good? I have had my eye on them for awhile now.
I've had my eye on them as well, haven't gotten round to trying them yet. :/ I've heard very good things from them though.

Remino52
02-06-2010, 06:39 PM

I know this is VERY predictable if you know me, but, the Mana Khemia series on PS2. (Mana Khemia 1 is on PSP as well.)

Also, if it counts, any version of Phantasy Star Online is a good choice, a long with Phantasy Star 0 for DS, but I never really got into 0 as much as Online. But that's just me.

Dark Cloud 1 & 2 on PS2 are good games.

Fire Emblem 6 (Japan Only), 7 & 8 on GBA. Path of Radiance on Gamecube, and Radiant Dawn on Wii are good.

I'll also recommend the Megaman Battle Network games.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Muzy72
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Well I ended up getting the PC version of Strong Bad instead of WiiWare. It was $19.95 for all 5 episodes! Which is a lot better than having to buy them on WiiWare for 5000 points!

I was wondering, what PS3 games should I get? I only have LittleBigPlanet -_-

Oculin
02-06-2010, 11:41 PM
What's wrong with Final Fantasy? Or do you just own them all already? :/

We all already know their good RPGs so we don't need to recommend them lol

Carnage
02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Well I ended up getting the PC version of Strong Bad instead of WiiWare. It was $19.95 for all 5 episodes! Which is a lot better than having to buy them on WiiWare for 5000 points!

Well, it would depend on your genre of preference. I know some really must get games for the PS3 would probably have to be...

-Uncharted 2
-MGS4
-Final Fantasy XIII (when it comes out)

Those are like, the only games that can come to me right now because I'm a little tired, but if you were to maybe reiterate on your preferred genre or game type I could go into depth a bit more.

Oculin
02-07-2010, 12:24 AM

/quote]

I don't have a PS3, but I do have Valkyria Chronciles. I can tell you that the box is fantastic. When you pick it up it doesn't explode. It is a very stable object.

Manual is black and white though. Worth the like $15 i bought it for, if only for future entertainment value. Now just need my hands on a PS3~

GrimsChild
02-07-2010, 02:30 AM

Wii: Oppona, Tales of Graces

GC: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Paper Mario TTYD, Skies of Arcadia

PS2: Grandia II, Persona 3&4, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1+2, Dragon Quest V

DS: Chrono Trigger, Avalon Code, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivors, Dragon Quest IV

GBA: Summon Night 1+2, Mother 1+2, Mother 3, Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.

Theres a lot more though I really cant think right now.

caramelslice
02-07-2010, 04:14 PM

Wii: Oppona, Tales of Graces

GC: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Paper Mario TTYD, Skies of Arcadia

PS2: Grandia II, Persona 3&4, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1+2, Dragon Quest V

DS: Chrono Trigger, Avalon Code, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivors, Dragon Quest IV

GBA: Summon Night 1+2, Mother 1+2, Mother 3, Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.

Theres a lot more though I really cant think right now.
In addition to the Wii games mentioned, I'd also wait for Fragile Dreams and Arc Rise Phantasia. Those are looking nice.

For the Playstation 2 I would also recommend the Wild Arms and Suikoden games. (I wouldn't start with Suikoden IV...a lot of people didn't like that for some reason...I'd recommend starting off with either III or V). DS...check out Etrian Odyssey I and II.

KingBroly
02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Yes, buy Valkyria Chronicles. Not once, not twice, but thrice! Other recommendations that aren't so obvious:

Playstation 3
- Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Folklore (A great, underrated JRPG), InFAMOUS, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2 (Just so you can try the all-in-one MP mode), Flower

Xbox 360
- Tales of Vesperia (Unless it hits PS3 here), Fable II, Gears of War 2, Lost Odyssey, Castle Crashers

Wii
- De Blob, Klonoa, Punch-Out!!!, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL, NyxQuest

DS
- The World Ends With You, every Ace Attorney game (so 5), Mega Man ZX, Brain Age

PSP
- Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

irishwinger10
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok, so i'm looking for a new RPG for my 360. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, but i can't decide which one would be better. Can anyone reccomend me one game over the other?

GrimsChild
02-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Ok, so i'm looking for a new RPG for my 360. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, but i can't decide which one would be better. Can anyone reccomend me one game over the other?

Dragon Age Origins.

Masamune
02-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Haven't played either, but Dragon Age: Origins does look much better in my opinion.

Panda
02-15-2010, 08:07 AM
From what I can tell, if you want more of an RPG, then go for Dragon Age, but if you want more of a shooter, then go for Mass Effect.

02-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Mario and Luigi: Patrners in Time.

It's a great game but you shouldn't play it before beating Superstar Saga.

Same with Bowser's Inside Story

Masamune
02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
My friend's looking for some good PSP and DS RPGs that aren't team based... any suggestions?

GrimsChild
02-16-2010, 02:06 AM
My friend's looking for some good PSP and DS RPGs that aren't team based... any suggestions?

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Suikoden 1+2
Lunar: Harmony Silver Star
Dragon Quest V
Chrono Trigger
Mother 1+2+3
Final Fantasy VI (GBA)
Persona 3 Portable

There's a lot more, but try those for now.

BobberyFan98
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, even though i am quite firm and going to do this anyway....

Is getting A Link To The Past and Super Mario Kart a good VC bundle?

-BF98 8-)

Maram123
02-16-2010, 07:24 PM

Suikoden 1+2
Dragon Quest V
Chrono Trigger
Mother 1+2+3
Final Fantasy VI (GBA)
Persona 3 Portable

I hate to tell ya, but most of those games are turn based. :lol:

Ferenc
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
They are both great games but Dragon age is a very complicated game, you need to plan all the battles before they happen, manage all the equipment of each companion and it's a very long game. Mass Effect 2 on the other hand is very very simple for an RPG, heck I probably wouldn't even call it an RPG. It's a little short(~20 hours). It's much more of a third person shooter, but a fantastic game none the less. Both are great but it's really up to preference.

GrimsChild
02-17-2010, 02:08 AM

Suikoden 1+2
Dragon Quest V
Chrono Trigger
Mother 1+2+3
Final Fantasy VI (GBA)
Persona 3 Portable

He said team based, not turn based, so I'm guessing no SPRG's.

Maram123
02-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Suikoden 1+2
Dragon Quest V
Chrono Trigger
Mother 1+2+3
Final Fantasy VI (GBA)
Persona 3 Portable

He said team based, not turn based, so I'm guessing no SPRG's.

Oh I figured that was just a typo on his part.

Masamune
02-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Nope, that was actually correcting a typo. :lol:

GrimsChild
02-18-2010, 09:05 AM

Sorry, I don't get that, do you want non TRPG's or non SPRG's?

Sonic62
02-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, even though i am quite firm and going to do this anyway....

Is getting A Link To The Past and Super Mario Kart a good VC bundle?

-BF98 8-)
Yes I'd say so. ;)

Masamune
02-18-2010, 09:55 AM

Non TRPGs thanks. :)

GrimsChild
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM

Non TRPGs thanks. :)

Get Lunar then, ANd if possible, import the DS Tales of Games (Tales of Hearts especially since I think Skeletor said he really liked that)

ThatGuyWithTheAfro
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Can anyone reccomend me a few good fighting game for the ds..

Panda
02-18-2010, 11:18 PM
That's not so much a recommendation as it is a request... >.>

Skeletor1991
02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Ok guys, I need some help. I have been thinking about buying a new PS3 game but I'm not too sure what to get. I'm for one of the newer games to come out like MAG or White Knight Chronicles. Anyone have any suggestions?

BlueBlazer
02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
What games do you already have?

Panda
02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
The Bleach fighters are good, which makes sense considering they were developed by Treasure.

Skeletor1991
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Killzone 2

MSG4

Uncharted 2

Street Fighter 4

Small collection I know XD

GrimsChild
02-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Killzone 2

MSG4

Uncharted 2

Street Fighter 4

Small collection I know XD

Valkyria Chronicles, Brutal Legend or Virtual Fighter 5

Brutal legend should be full price, VF5 should be cheap and Vakyria Chronicles shouldn't be too much either.

The Bleach fighters are good, which makes sense considering they were developed by Treasure.

That and the Jump! Stars! game are pratically the only good fighters on the DS (Still has nightmares about Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers).

Skeletor1991
02-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know if White Knight Chronicles is good?

GrimsChild
02-21-2010, 10:24 AM

From what i've heard, Yes.

Anyone know of any good Japanese PS2 games that weren't released in English?

Skeletor1991
02-21-2010, 10:44 AM

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix?

GrimsChild
02-21-2010, 10:57 AM

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix?

Not really a Kingdom Hearts fan.

BlueBlazer
02-21-2010, 11:33 AM
I've heard it was really average.

You could wait for Heavy Rain, it comes out in a few days I believe.

Masamune
02-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Hmm, all that really spring to mind are the International Final Fantasies, and several anime games...

Oculin
02-21-2010, 12:03 PM
I've heard its only good if you plan on putting some time into the online mode.

Skeletor1991
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I've heard its only good if you plan on putting some time into the online mode.
Well if I was going to play I was going to play online for the most part.

lionheart91
02-21-2010, 04:02 PM

I've heard good things about the Tales Of games that didn't make it out of Japan (Destiny 2 and Rebirth).

Remino52
02-21-2010, 04:23 PM

I've heard good things about the Tales Of games that didn't make it out of Japan (Destiny 2 and Rebirth).

Not to mention, I think Tales of Symphonia was a PS2 game in Japan.

caramelslice
02-21-2010, 04:50 PM
It's good. Not amazing, but good. Online mode is what it's all about though. The main story has so much potential, so I'm eagerly waiting for the next game in the planned trilogy.

Skeletor1991
02-21-2010, 10:38 PM

Man...America can't have NICE THINGS

Masamune
02-22-2010, 06:33 AM

Man...Europeans can't have NICE THINGS
*Fix'd* I'm sure Grims will agree. ;>_>

Skeletor1991
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM

How about everyone West of Japan >>; lol

Panda
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Technically, if you go West enough, you'll eventually end up back in Japan, so are you saying that Japan doesn't get nice things either? :p

Skeletor1991
02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Technically, if you go West enough, you'll eventually end up back in Japan, so are you saying that Japan doesn't get nice things either? :p
Oh hush :P

GrimsChild
02-22-2010, 10:25 AM

Damn Straight *Looks at BlazBlue*

Oculin
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I can't have nice things
*Looks at Disaster Day of Crisis and Another Code R*

>:< Stop that Nintendo.

I want tingle too.

Masamune
02-22-2010, 10:51 AM
I can't have nice things

I want tingle too.
Tingle's not that good to be honest. I didn't even get off the first continent before I got incredibly bored with it... it was fun while it lasted though, I admit.

Oculin
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
I can't have nice things

I want tingle too.
Tingle's not that good to be honest. I didn't even get off the first continent before I got incredibly bored with it... it was fun while it lasted though, I admit.

As long as its unique I'm all for it.

GrimsChild
02-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I can't have nice things

I want tingle too.

As long as its unique I'm all for it.

Doki Doki is a very Unique game with gameplay that has yet to be replicated in any other game therefore you will love it.

And agreed with Tingle, and Disaster: Day of Crisis is the 2012 of video games. It's terrible, but in a good and funny way.

Masamune
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
And agreed with Tingle, and Disaster: Day of Crisis is the 2012 of video games. It's terrible, but in a good and funny way.
I must remember to pick Disaster up sometime, I really want to see whether it's as horribly awesome as people describe it.

Maram123
02-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I've played Disaster before with my friend. We had alot of fun with it, though it was really dumb, in a funny way.

Skeletor1991
02-22-2010, 07:37 PM
I've played Disaster before with my friend. We had alot of fun with it, though it was really dumb, in a funny way.
It looks like such a crazy game :p

GrimsChild
02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Can anyone recommend a good survival horror game? The only one that I've played is Eternal Darkness which I loved to death, and with the FFIV patch that came out, I nreally needs to dive into the genre more.

And no Resident Evil, F.E.A.R or Bioshock please.

Calum
02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Can anyone recommend a good survival horror game? The only one that I've played is Eternal Darkness which I loved to death, and with the FFIV patch that came out, I nreally needs to dive into the genre more.

I don't know if Portal counts (...it's got horror elements and the object of the game is survival in the latter stages. THERE I WIN), but it's still pretty darn good and worth a look.
Oh and Left 4 Dead is a good, fun time killer. Worth checking out if you can find it at a cheap price.

Panda
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Haven't played it myself, but a lot of people seem to love the Silent Hill series, specifically SH2.

BobberyFan98
02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Well, i don't know if i should open up my New copy of Excitebots: Trick Racing i just got from Best Buy for $14.99, should i?

-BF98 8-)

GrimsChild
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM

I don't know if Portal counts (...it's got horror elements and the object of the game is survival in the latter stages. THERE I WIN), but it's still pretty darn good and worth a look.
Oh and Left 4 Dead is a good, fun time killer. Worth checking out if you can find it at a cheap price.

Eh, I wouldn't really call L4D a survival horror per say, more of just a horror game. And Portal was just an ok game for me.

I planned on playing SH2 after I've played Shattered Memories since I heard that was a remake of the first game.

Oculin
02-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Well, i don't know if i should open up my New copy of Excitebots: Trick Racing i just got from Best Buy for $14.99, should i?

-BF98 8-)
No.

Send it to me for free.

BobberyFan98
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM

-BF98 8-)
No.

Send it to me for free.
Do'h! But that must be a good sign then to open it! :D

-BF98 8-)

Skeletor1991
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok...how good is Valkyria Chronicles?

BlueBlazer
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, or Siren. F.E.A.R. is great too. *ignores the no F.E.A.R. portion of Grims post*

EDIT: OH yeah and Condemned.

Minutes
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
If you enjoy strategy/RPG great game. I enjoyed it a lot, great storyline and gameplay, though these are my personal opinions.

(p.s. this better then its anime counterpart in my opinion again :lol:)

Skeletor1991
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
If you enjoy strategy/RPG great game. I enjoyed it a lot, great storyline and gameplay, though these are my personal opinions.

Then I guess I'll get it tomorrow then XD

GrimsChild
02-24-2010, 01:19 AM

Then I guess I'll get it tomorrow then XD

I highly recommend it too.

Skeletor1991
02-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Well that was easy. OFF TO GAMESTOP! :D

BobberyFan98
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Is Megaman 10 worth a Purchase?

Let me say this: I am not a Megaman Fan. I mean, the series is good, but WAY too hard. So, may i ask you this, is this the Same old same old as 9? And should i pass this up for something else?

-BF98 8-)

GrimsChild
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM

Let me say this: I am not a Megaman Fan. I mean, the series is good, but WAY too hard. So, may i ask you this, is this the Same old same old as 9? And should i pass this up for something else?

-BF98 8-)

I recommend it. Though I am a MM fan so I may be a bit biased.

Muzy72
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM

-BF98 8-)
Well it seems like your main problem with the MM series is its difficulty. This problem is easily resolved, because Mega Man 10 has an Easy Mode! I think you should get it.

BlueBlazer
03-09-2010, 10:20 PM

-BF98 8-)
Get it and play on hard like a real man would. _megaman_

GrimsChild
03-10-2010, 01:05 AM

-BF98 8-)

A real man would buy God Hand instead.

Masamune
03-10-2010, 07:42 AM

-BF98 8-)
If you want to get it, I'd say go for it. I've heard the Easy Mode makes it a lot nicer for MegaMan newcomers. But, in relation to whether it's the same as 9, pretty much yeah. Of course there's new levels and challenges, but the core gameplay is mainly the same.

BlueBlazer
03-10-2010, 07:43 AM

-BF98 8-)

And then play that on hard.

GrimsChild
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM

More like a "Kick Me" run on hard.

Tachyon
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM

More like a "Kick Me" run on hard.[/quote]
Grim and Zac, stop reminding me how much I need a PS2 and God Hand >_<

Oculin
03-10-2010, 02:14 PM

And then play that on hard.[/quote]

Lol oh god...I don't know how anyone could beat that game on hard.

GrimsChild
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM

By manning up and embracing the power of the God Hand.

Oculin
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM

Lol I' must be wimpiest man ever D: I tried playing on hard and I think I got to like the second level....

Maybe since I've watched a lot of Fist of the North Star Ill be able to man through it.

LegendOfCookies
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Please recommend me a good wii game and quick

Remino52
03-11-2010, 06:44 PM

No More Heroes
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
ANY First Party title :?
Megaman 9 & 10
Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney

BlueBlazer
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM

Lol, the ending theme comes to mind whenever you say "power of the God Hand." XD

And Easy, just get a PS2 and God Hand already! Buy me some Tim's while you're at it!

Oculin
03-11-2010, 07:19 PM

No More Heroes
Megaman 9 & 10
I'll add Dragon Quest Swords to this list.

Panda
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Okami
Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy (not many people know about this one, but it's a really neat game and probably dirt cheap)
Metroid Prime Collection (or 3, if you can't find the collection)
Boom Blox

GrimsChild
03-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
No More Heroes 1+2
Super Mario Galaxy
Fatal Frame IV
De Blob
Zack & Wiki
Geometry Wars
Metal Slug anthology

In that order. I'd recommend Little Kings Story as well though I haven't played that yet

Masamune
03-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Please recommend me a good wii game and quickSuper Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
No More Heroes
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaross' Treasure
MegaMan 9/10
Cave Story Wii (When it's released)
MadWorld
Okami
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metal Slug Anthology

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Tachyon
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM

Lol, the ending theme comes to mind whenever you say "power of the God Hand." XD

And Easy, just get a PS2 and God Hand already! Buy me some Tim's while you're at it!
But I could buy a PS3 now. D:
Only if you go into the past and get me a latte.

LegendOfCookies
03-13-2010, 03:20 PM

No More Heroes
Megaman 9 & 10

Advice taken i bought Muramasa The Demon Blade

GrimsChild
03-13-2010, 03:58 PM

No More Heroes
Megaman 9 & 10

Advice taken i bought Muramasa The Demon Blade

Good choice.

Tachyon
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I need a game to pass the boring hours of not playing HG.
Either for DS or GBA.
Thanks. :D

DarkAlex
03-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Whats a good RPG for the 360?

norborb
03-18-2010, 11:29 PM
In no particular order:

TeS 4: Oblivion
Fallout 3
Dragon Age: Origins
Eternal Sonata (actually really enjoyed this one myself)
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 1/2
Fable 2
Lost Odessey
(I may have not played these games, but they have all been reccomended to me at one time or another. My favorite on that list is probably Dragon Age followed closly by Oblivion)

As a side note, I would avoid Infinte Undiscovery. I haven't played it but I have heard only bad things about it.

GrimsChild
03-19-2010, 12:59 AM
I need a game to pass the boring hours of not playing HG.
Either for DS or GBA.
Thanks. :D

Phoenix Wright series

If you've played that, Bangai O Spirits.

As for the 360 game, there are many to choose from though out of the ones posted in the previous list, I'd go for Vesperia.

lionheart91
03-19-2010, 10:02 AM
In no particular order:

TeS 4: Oblivion
Fallout 3
Dragon Age: Origins
Eternal Sonata (actually really enjoyed this one myself)
Tales of Vesperia
Final Fantasy XIII
Mass Effect 1/2
Fable 2
Lost Odessey
(I may have not played these games, but they have all been reccomended to me at one time or another. My favorite on that list is probably Dragon Age followed closly by Oblivion)

As a side note, I would avoid Infinte Undiscovery. I haven't played it but I have heard only bad things about it.

There's also Enchanted Arms, Resonance of Fate, The Last Remnant, and Magnacarta 2.

Infinite Undiscovery isn't terrible, but it is boring for most of the game. It starts getting good around the 12 hour mark, but the game only took me 16 hours which is very short for an RPG. I would say get it only if you want a decent RPG that you don't have to put hours and hours into in order to beat it.

GrimsChild
03-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Resonance of Fate

I thought that was PS3 exclusive?

BlueBlazer
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Resonance of Fate

No it's not.

BobberyFan98
03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Alright guys. I have decided I wanted to give one of the Pokemon games a try, and I have decided wether or not it will be HeartGold or SoulSilver. And, my big problem is there is NO timing in this kind of RPG, i love timing RPG's (for Example: Paper Mario. When you did a move, you would press a certain button and amount of times, or button orders, or with your hammer, you would pull the control stick back and release at the correct time for Maximum damage.) However, i heard their where going to be minigames, so that would be good as well. Being myself, I was going to be different and get SoulSilver instead of HeartGold. But it depends, what do you think? The only true difference is that certain Pokemon are not available in the Wild in versions, and they have Different Legendary's (Ho-Ho for HeartGold, Lugia for SoulSilver)

And, my big problem is there is NO timing in this kind of RPG, i love timing RPG's (for Example: Paper Mario. When you did a move, you would press a certain button and amount of times, or button orders, or with your hammer, you would pull the control stick back and release at the correct time for Maximum damage.) However, i heard their where going to be minigames, so that would be good as well.

Be great if somebody could help me with this ;)

-BF98 8-)

Remino52
03-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Super Mario Advanced 3: Yoshi's Island is a great choice.

GrimsChild
03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Resonance of Fate

No it's not.

Ah, well I'm probably going to see about improting the PS3 version because THIS GAME ISN'T IN EUROPE YET! /British Rage

I need a game that doesn't contain any vowels in the title. Any recommendations?

Remino52
03-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Mario Advanced 3: Yoshi's Island is a great choice.

Why was this post so far away from the question I was trying to answer? _dead2_

Panda
03-19-2010, 04:34 PM
I need a game that doesn't contain any vowels in the title. Any recommendations?
I've got three: 9, N+, and D (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-shortest-game-names-of-all-time/a-20090413165543685089)

Sub-Laguz
03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I've got three: 9, N+, and D (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-shortest-game-names-of-all-time/a-20090413165543685089)
Z.

They fail hard for not including it on their list. It's the only one worth mentioning.

BobberyFan98
03-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey, can somebody help me? Pretty please?

-BF98 8-)

Remino52
03-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey, can somebody help me? Pretty please?

-BF98 8-)

Oh BTW, you can get Lugia and Ho-Oh in both versions of the game. (Which is really weird compared to the other PKMN games.)

On a personal stand point I say go for Heart Gold.

Oculin
03-20-2010, 01:20 PM
And, my big problem is there is NO timing in this kind of RPG, i love timing RPG's

If you are looking for timing RPGs, there is the Mario and Luigi series. There are two on Nintendo DS and one on GBA.

BobberyFan98
03-20-2010, 01:32 PM
And, my big problem is there is NO timing in this kind of RPG, i love timing RPG's

If you are looking for timing RPGs, there is the Mario and Luigi series. There are two on Nintendo DS and one on GBA.
Have all of them :lol:

Though, i think Pokemon looks fun anyways. You can battle with all Different kinds of Pokemon, catch every single one, and more! :D

Also, is Emerald just another version of Ruby and Sapphire? If so, i will get it ;)

-BF98 8-)

Masamune
03-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Also, is Emerald just another version of Ruby and Sapphire? If so, i will get it ;)

-BF98 8-)Emerald's pretty much just an updated version of Ruby and Sapphire, and my personaly favourite in the series. Bobbery I say only this to you: PLAY SOME POKEMONS. <3

BobberyFan98
03-20-2010, 05:18 PM

-BF98 8-)Emerald's pretty much just an updated version of Ruby and Sapphire, and my personaly favourite in the series. Bobbery I say only this to you: PLAY SOME POKEMONS. <3
Thanks for the info and advice.

Plus, i did Enjoy Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, a WiiWare title i got which is like a Final Fantasy game, only telling about where IV left off. It was almost exactly like Pokemon, except the Enemies where much more annoying (As in, you had to act quick, or they would attack before You did). So yeah, my only question stands is which version to get, HeartGold or SoulSilver ;)

-BF98 8-)

Masamune
03-20-2010, 05:26 PM
So yeah, my only question stands is which version to get, HeartGold or SoulSilver ;)It really depends. HeartGold is supposed to have more exclusives than SoulSilver, which by the way more people are buying. It doesn't really matter in my opinion, but I guess it's just down to whether you prefer Ho-Oh or Lugia.

irishwinger10
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
So yeah, my only question stands is which version to get, HeartGold or SoulSilver ;)It really depends. HeartGold is supposed to have more exclusives than SoulSilver, which by the way more people are buying. It doesn't really matter in my opinion, but I guess it's just down to whether you prefer Ho-Oh or Lugia.[/quote]

Masa's said it pretty well. They're pretty much the same game, outside of a few exclusives, which means it really does just come down to whether you prefer Ho-Oh or Lugia.

Shadowstar1224
03-21-2010, 12:26 AM
I need a list of final fantasy games that have real time battle like Chrono Trigger.

Remino52
03-21-2010, 08:17 AM
I need a list of final fantasy games that have real time battle like Chrono Trigger.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about all of them, but I'll try as best I can without having to look anything up.

NOTE: THIS IS OFF THE JAPANESE NAMING SYSTEM
FF4
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF9
FF11 (I have no idea TBH)
FF12
FF13

Panda
03-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Final Fantasy XII has real-time combat, but it's not Active-Time-Battle like in Chrono Trigger; it's more like playing an offline mmorpg.

Shadowstar1224
03-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Ok, i'll get FFIV then :thumbs: Wasn't there a version released for the DS? I know one was for the GBA.

Panda
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Final Fantasies IV, V, and VI were released for the GBA as ports with some enhancements/changes, while III and IV were completely remade and released for the DS. III is turn-based, however.

Oculin
03-21-2010, 04:48 PM

Hmmm... I'm not sure about all of them, but I'll try as best I can without having to look anything up.

NOTE: THIS IS OFF THE JAPANESE NAMING SYSTEM
FF4
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF9
FF11 (I have no idea TBH)
FF12
FF13

FFXI battle system is a lot like FFXII, but without the ability to pause the game when using menus and stuff. And of course you are one character and are only managing yourself, where FFXII your managing 3 characters.

Also, I haven't played Chrono trigger. are we sure hes talking ATB? lol. I mean, i know its real time, but it is still like the earlier games.

BobberyFan98
03-21-2010, 05:02 PM
That's funny you say that Masamune. I was at the GameStop today and the Associate I was talking with said that SoulSilver was the most Pre-ordered. He also says he liked that one better. So yeah, going SoulSilver when I come up with the Moola ;)

-BF98 8-)

Panda
03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Chrono Trigger has an ATB system. It's just that your characters are placed in different spots on the screen, as opposed to always on one side.

lionheart91
03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't know why but I hate real time combat in RPGs. Turn based is more my style. I hate that most RPGs now use a real time system and turn based is slowly dying out.

To answer the question, Final Fantasy IV-IX and somewhat XII all have battle systems like Chrono Trigger.

lionheart91
03-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Sorry for the double post, but me and my friend are looking to buy a PS3 FPS that not many people play online anymore. We're trying to decide between Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament 3. If anybody has played either or both, which would you recommend?

Oculin
03-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry for the double post, but me and my friend are looking to buy a PS3 FPS that not many people play online anymore. We're trying to decide between Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament 3. If anybody has played either or both, which would you recommend?
I haven't played either, but I heard Quake Wars is more like a Battlefield type game. So unless there are a lot of people playing it, it might not be as enjoyable with only a few people.

But again, I haven't played either.

Masamune
03-29-2010, 06:48 AM
I hear the original Resistance: Fall of Man is pretty good online and there aren't a lot of people who still use it. I've only tried out the demo, but the gameplay's good. And you can it cheap (I've seen it go for as low as 5 ($8.01))! Although, Unreal Tournament 3 is good as well.

Oculin
03-30-2010, 03:12 PM
I feel like Shootan~

How much Shootan is in Deux Ex? Most of the gameplay videos I looked up are talking and sneaking.

GrimsChild
03-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know if RozenKreuzstillete is any good? I've been needing a good Doujin game recently.

pikminsquad2148
03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Can anyone reccomend me a good Gamecube RPG?

I already have:
Paper Mario:TTYD
Tales of Symphonia

Remino52
03-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Baten Kaitos ASAP.

(Never played Orgins BTW)

lionheart91
03-30-2010, 07:46 PM

I already have:
Tales of Symphonia

Skies of Arcadia Legends is really good.

Oculin
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM

I already have:
Tales of Symphonia

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

and the original Baten Kaitos. Origins was only okay. Not nearly as good as the original.

Fire Emblem is about the next closest thing you will get to a RPG though. That is more of a SRPG though.

Remino52
03-30-2010, 09:58 PM

I already have:
Tales of Symphonia

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

and the original Baten Kaitos. Origins was only okay. Not nearly as good as the original.

Fire Emblem is about the next closest thing you will get to a RPG though. That is more of a SRPG though.

If you like absurd endings, Baten Kaitos is FTW.

GrimsChild
03-31-2010, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't recommend Baten Kaitos but definatly Arcadia and maybe fire emblem if your into strategy games.

Oculin
03-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Lol I think the endings to both Baten Kaitos games are bad. Probably my least favorite part of both games.

[spoiler:2eu56wtq]Also I disliked how they like crammed a love scene at the end for no reason since there was no sign of it at all throughout the whole 40-50 hour adventure lol.[/spoiler:2eu56wtq]

Panda
03-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Lost Kingdoms was kind of fun for an RPG, though I'd say it's less RPG-ish than action/adventure-ish.

GrimsChild
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Lol I think the endings to both Baten Kaitos games are bad. Probably my least favorite part of both games.

[spoiler:2053ayb1]Also I disliked how they like crammed a love scene at the end for no reason since there was no sign of it at all throughout the whole 40-50 hour adventure lol.[/spoiler:2053ayb1]

[spoiler:2053ayb1]I&#39;M THE FRIGGIN OCEAN NOW LOVE ME YOU ONE WINGED MORON![/spoiler:2053ayb1]

Ferenc
04-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Well my break just started and I have nothing to play. I'm looking for a good but inexpensive PC game(preferably a western RPG). What I have so far can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/grues0me/games?tab=all
I also have The Witcher and pretty much all good star wars games that are available on the pc.

GrimsChild
04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Well my break just started and I have nothing to play. I'm looking for a good but inexpensive PC game(preferably a western RPG). What I have so far can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/grues0me/games?tab=all
I also have The Witcher and pretty much all good star wars games that are available on the pc.

Planescape: Torment

One of the best RPG's ever made.

Sub-Laguz
04-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm looking for a good but inexpensive PC game(preferably a western RPG).
I'd recommend one but, It's a bit out of date... And by a bit, I mean ALOT... And unless you have a Windows 95/98 computer around, there's a chance it won't work on your current OS, whatever that may be. But just in case you do: Hexplore. One of those forgotten gems that nobody played. Though a bit hard to come by I presume.

irishwinger10
04-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Ok, i need advice on whether to buy FFXIII. It looks like a great game from what i've seen videos of, but i've had very little experience in FF games, so i'm afraid i'll get too bored with it too fast and waste $60 on it.

lionheart91
04-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Ok, i need advice on whether to buy FFXIII. It looks like a great game from what i've seen videos of, but i've had very little experience in FF games, so i'm afraid i'll get too bored with it too fast and waste $60 on it.

I love the game. It is my favorite RPG this generation, and I honestly think it is the best RPG out there today. However a lot of people don't like it as much as I do. Some of the main complaints about the game center on the story and linearity. If you don't like linear games then this may not be for you. The battle system, music, and characters are all great, so if you can forgive the linearity you will probably love the game. I'd say if you are still unsure of what to do, rent the game first.

Anyway, anybody know any good TRPGs for the PS2?

GrimsChild
04-11-2010, 03:46 AM

Is that turn based or tactical based? I can never rememeber the difference.

lionheart91
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Is that turn based or tactical based? I can never rememeber the difference.

Tactical, I think turn based RPGs are just called RPGs.

GrimsChild
04-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Hm, only ones that spring to mind is Romance of the Three Kingdoms in which I believe a few games in the series were on the PS2. Thats all I can think of though.

BobberyFan98
04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Mega Man 10 or Cave Story?

I have been wanting to Purchase MM 10 for awhile now for the sake of Easy mode. But, there has been a big hubbub over Cave Story for awhile now as well. So, I guess feel free to tell your opinion.

-BF98 8-)

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Mega Man 10 or Cave Story?

I have been wanting to Purchase MM 10 for awhile now for the sake of Easy mode. But, there has been a big hubbub over Cave Story for awhile now as well. So, I guess feel free to tell your opinion.

-BF98 8-)

I admit that I haven't played either, though I'm in the same situation as you are and I'm going for Cave Story mainly because you can get the first 3 MM games for much cheaper which will probably offer just as much enjoyment and you can get it cheaper on XBLA for only 800 points (as far as I'm aware) and I've heard Cave Story is very original game.

Although if you are a Mega man fan and you need 10 to collect your VC collection (Like I do), then get 10 first.

But just get both already.

BlueBlazer
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Get Cave Story to support teh Indie's then get MM10.

BTW Grim, 800 points = 10 dollars. :P

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM

1000 Wii points = 10, 2100 XBLA points = 17.50 therefore 800 XBLA points = 6.666 etc therefore saving 1/3 of what you would have if you got the Wii version.

And I am sorry I am not awesome enough to live in a country with your precious currency *Points to the british flag on the left*

BlueBlazer
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Ahahaha, sorry I forgot that you lived in the UK. :lol:

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Ahahaha, sorry I forgot that you lived in the UK. :lol:

Don't worry, everyone forgets that :P

Also count yourselfs lucky you even HAVE Cave Story. As everyones favourite member named after a Japanese sword would tell you, it isn't out in the UK yet.

BlueBlazer
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Freeware version (the one I have) says hello.

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Freeware version (the one I have) says hello.

Meh, I've wited this long. Whats another couple of weeks going to do? (Unless it's delayed to BlazBlue length proportions).

BlueBlazer
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
True lol. I've had the Freeware version since before the Wii version got announced. :P

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
True lol. I've had the Freeware version since before the Wii version got announced. :P

I was thinking about it for a while but I guess I never got round to it. Oh well (Besides, as Panda says I much prefer using a controller over a keyboard when it comes to platformers.)

Or I could use my fightstick!

Masamune
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM

1000 Wii points = 10, 2100 XBLA points = 17.50 therefore 800 XBLA points = 6.666 etc therefore saving 1/3 of what you would have if you got the Wii version.

And I am sorry I am not awesome enough to live in a country with your precious currency *Points to the british flag on the left*I could've sworn it was 7. Still, I WANTS CAVE STORY RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRARAWERAERWEAERWSD. *Calms down* I'd say go with Cave Story Bobbery, only the Boss fights and Secret areas are unforgiving in that game, plus I believe it has an Easy mode now.

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM

And I am sorry I am not awesome enough to live in a country with your precious currency *Points to the british flag on the left*I could've sworn it was 7. Still, I WANTS CAVE STORY RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRAWRARAWERAERWEAERWSD. *Calms down* I'd say go with Cave Story Bobbery, only the Boss fights and Secret areas are unforgiving in that game, plus I believe it has an Easy mode now.

Last time I checked Toys R Us & Gamestation they we're 10 and if if they were it would still be cheaper to get the XBLA version of MM10.

Masamune
04-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Last time I checked Toys R Us & Gamestation they we're 10 and if if they were it would still be cheaper to get the XBLA version of MM10.The cards are 10, yeah, but adding points directly from the Shop channel is 7. At least, that's how it worked out for me.

GrimsChild
04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Last time I checked Toys R Us & Gamestation they we're 10 and if if they were it would still be cheaper to get the XBLA version of MM10.The cards are 10, yeah, but adding points directly from the Shop channel is 7. At least, that's how it worked out for me.

The XBLA points & Wii points I got were retail. There's probably a different in the XBLA price as well hence negating the difference in the prices.

Panda
04-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Apparently, you can buy XLA points in increments of 400 now. It's a shame you can't buy them in even smaller increments (80 or 100 would be nice), but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Remino52
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
That's what the Wii needs. D:

Masamune
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
That's what the Wii needs. D:I agree, it's rather annoying having 100-400 points left over after buying a game and nothing to spend them on. T_T

GrimsChild
04-15-2010, 01:28 AM
That's what the Wii needs. D:I agree, it's rather annoying having 100-400 points left over after buying a game and nothing to spend them on. T_T

Yeah I mean, I was planning on buying a 2000 Wii points card to get MM10 and Cave Story but I'd still need 200 more points to get both.

Luckily for me, I have 1200 Star points which I can turn into 300 Wii points.

Remino52
04-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Star Points? o_O

Oculin
04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Star Points? o_O
In Europe, Club Nintendo members can exchange their star points, or basically our coins, for Wii and DSi points

Masamune
04-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Star Points? o_O
In Europe, Club Nintendo members can exchange their star points, or basically our coins, for Wii and DSi points*Sighs* One of the few things Europe has that NA doesn't...

Panda
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Bleh, Star Points are nothin'. Spiral Points are where it's at. :P

Oculin
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Star Points? o_O
In Europe, Club Nintendo members can exchange their star points, or basically our coins, for Wii and DSi points*Sighs* One of the few things Europe has that NA doesn't...
From Nintendo atm it seems quite the opposite lol. But yeah, all around Europe usually still gets the short end of the stick.

Send me a copy of Another Code R :<

Masamune
04-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Send me a copy of Another Code R :<I would if I had one. D:

GrimsChild
04-16-2010, 01:40 AM
Star Points? o_O

It's not like there's any difference though I'm still mad at Nintendo that I spent 4850 star points to get a Platinum Super Mario Galaxy Soundtrack and I entered my correct address and everything and it never arrived -_-.

Remino52
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Did you mail them a message?

BobberyFan98
04-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Alright, which one?:

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)

Super Mario Kart (VC)

Donkey Kong Country (VC)

I'm mainly leaning towards the first 3 the most ;)

-BF98 8-)

GrimsChild
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Did you mail them a message?

Yeah, they never replied back.

@Bobbery: Cave Story then MM10 Then SMK then DKC.

Minutes
04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Alright, which one?:

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)

Super Mario Kart (VC)

Donkey Kong Country (VC)

-BF98 8-)
How many are you allowed? Because all of them are good _awesome_

lionheart91
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm thinking of buying an RPG, but I can't decide which I want. I either want to buy one of the Star Ocean games or one of the Tales games. Which game from either series do you guys think I should get?

GrimsChild
04-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking of buying an RPG, but I can't decide which I want. I either want to buy one of the Star Ocean games or one of the Tales games. Which game from either series do you guys think I should get?

Can't say much for Star Ocean though I've heard 4 was pretty good and for Tales I recommend Abyss, Vesperia or Legendia.

Which should I get: Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

Also: Should I get Ninja Gaiden II or Ninja Gaiden II Sigma?

Trust, Me I Got This
04-21-2010, 03:46 AM
I was thinking of getting Darksiders but I'm also going to get God of War 3. The two games are pretty much the same, would it be worth me getting Darksiders as well as God of War 3. Or should I just stay with God of War.

lionheart91
04-21-2010, 05:14 AM

Can't say much for Star Ocean though I've heard 4 was pretty good and for Tales I recommend Abyss, Vesperia or Legendia.

Which should I get: Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

Also: Should I get Ninja Gaiden II or Ninja Gaiden II Sigma?

Well I haven't played the Sigma games yet, but they did come out later than the original games so I would imagine they would probably run better and fix any problems the originals had. I do know that Sigma 2 has less gore and blood than the original, but it is in HD whereas the original is not. Both Sigma games have received pretty good scores and are probably more accessible (I have never seen a physical copy of Ninja Gaiden II for some reason). I'd say go with those.

I was thinking of getting Darksiders but I'm also going to get God of War 3. The two games are pretty much the same, would it be worth me getting Darksiders as well as God of War 3. Or should I just stay with God of War.

Outside of combat i've heard they are not as similar as they appear. Darksiders is a lot like Zelda in that it is an action adventure game where you must solve puzzles along the way, whereas God of War III is a hack and slash where you will find yourself fighting hordes of enemies and large monsters a lot along the way. I would say maybe rent darksiders first to see if you like it, and then buy it later. While i'm not a big fan of the God of War series, I am a huge fan of Devil May Cry (which is closer to God of War than Darksiders), and I didn't really like Darksiders. Hope that helps.

Oculin
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Alright, which one?:

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)

Super Mario Kart (VC)

Donkey Kong Country (VC)

-BF98 8-)

All of them...
[spoiler:17uvajxn]...twice[/spoiler:17uvajxn]

Masamune
04-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Alright, which one?:

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)

Super Mario Kart (VC)

Donkey Kong Country (VC)

-BF98 8-)

All of them...
[spoiler:18ede8hk]...twice[/spoiler:18ede8hk]
Agreed. And then buy Cave Story a further 7 times and attempt to gift it to me. :<

GrimsChild
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Alright, which one?:

Cave Story (WiiWare)

Mega Man 10 (WiiWare)

Super Mario Kart (VC)

Donkey Kong Country (VC)

-BF98 8-)

All of them...
[spoiler:2ujds7wi]...twice[/spoiler:2ujds7wi]
Agreed. And then buy Cave Story a further 7 times and attempt to gift it to me. :<

Can you actually gift games to people from other countries? Because if so I'm going to try and get my friend to send me the really old Megaten games for me to play.

Masamune
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Can you actually gift games to people from other countries? Because if so I'm going to try and get my friend to send me the really old Megaten games for me to play.I don't know but I haven't tried yet... I think it only works with games that have already been released in both regions, but again, I'm not sure. :/

BobberyFan98
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I have already decided I will be getting Cave Story on WiiWare.

But, I now have a $10 GameStop gift card I got from my parents for Easter, here are some games I was thinking about (Also note my Budget is $10 USD or let it go towards a game that Is more expensive):
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Dark Cloud 1 & 2

Feel free to recommend other games, as well tell me that I should just save the Gift Card to go towards another more expensive game ;)

-BF98 8-)

BlueBlazer
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Go for Jak and Daxter. Easily one of the best PS2 games ever.

Minutes
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
If your allowed both Dark Cloud 1 and 2, then I'd go for that one.

BobberyFan98
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Thinking that as well. Probably going to go ahead and get Jak & Daxter and then get Dark Cloud.

EDIT: Would any of you atleast Recommend Dark Cloud?

-BF98 8-)

lionheart91
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
EDIT: Would any of you atleast Recommend Dark Cloud?

-BF98 8-)

Yes. Both of the Dark Cloud games are very good.

lionheart91
04-27-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm thinking of buying either Valkyria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, or MagnaCarta 2. Which would you guys recommend?

GrimsChild
04-27-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking of buying either Valkyria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Tales of Vesperia, or MagnaCarta 2. Which would you guys recommend?

I highly recommend Vesperia & Valkyria Chronicles though if I had to choose between them I'd probably go with Vesperia.

BobberyFan98
04-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Is Cave Story really worth all those points?

-BF98 8-)

Masamune
04-27-2010, 12:22 PM

-BF98 8-)[youtube:17f9fwu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/youtube:17f9fwu8]

GrimsChild
04-27-2010, 12:28 PM

-BF98 8-)[youtube:2qupsbkz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/youtube:2qupsbkz]

I think what Bobbery might mean is that is it worth getting the game for 1200 points when he can just get it onlien for free?

BobberyFan98
04-27-2010, 03:09 PM

-BF98 8-)[youtube:2jp1o2mx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/youtube:2jp1o2mx]

I think what Bobbery might mean is that is it worth getting the game for 1200 points when he can just get it onlien for free?
No, I wouldn't get it online for the sake of it being free. I know thousands or millions of people have downloaded it, but I am either going to get it on WiiWare or not at all.

-BF98 8-)

SonikkuMan
04-27-2010, 07:30 PM

I highly recommend Vesperia & Valkyria Chronicles though if I had to choose between them I'd probably go with Vesperia.

I agree completely >.> I just love Vesperia alot. :D

Oculin
04-27-2010, 09:42 PM

I have to disagree!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/oculin/Vyseiswinning.jpg
I myself have a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. And I can certinely say that it was well worth the $20.

It has Vyse in it.

[spoiler:4v81y5a2]IT HAS VYSE IN IT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/oculin/VyseInglebard.jpg[/spoiler:4v81y5a2]

GrimsChild
04-28-2010, 12:08 AM

I have to disagree!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/oculin/Vyseiswinning.jpg
I myself have a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. And I can certinely say that it was well worth the $20.

It has Vyse in it.

[spoiler:2kt50740]IT HAS VYSE IN IT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/oculin/VyseInglebard.jpg[/spoiler:2kt50740]

Tales of Vesperia has KOS-MOS in it.

Oh wait, Your not a fan of Monolith are you? I take back my point then/

Oculin
04-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Tales of Vesperia has KOS-MOS in it.

Oh wait, Your not a fan of Monolith are you? I take back my point then/
I don't really like KOSMOS that much lol. She was cool in 1. 2 she was eh. 3 she was HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NTY.

GrimsChild
04-28-2010, 09:49 AM
And Vyse has a COMPLETLY different personality in VC, In SoA he was a kindred Spirit who just enjoyed being a sky pirate while in VC he was more "LETS KICK SOME GALLIAN BUTT! YEAH!" kinda guy.

Oculin
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
And Vyse has a COMPLETLY different personality in VC, In SoA he was a kindred Spirit who just enjoyed being a sky pirate while in VC he was more "LETS KICK SOME GALLIAN BUTT! YEAH!" kinda guy.
Let's kick this war in the teeth!

I'm coo with dat.

Skeletor1991
04-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Ok PSP users, need some help. Is the Moster Hunter game for the PSP worth it? Thought about going and getting a card for my GO and buying it?

lionheart91
04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Ok PSP users, need some help. Is the Moster Hunter game for the PSP worth it? Thought about going and getting a card for my GO and buying it?

Do you mean Monster Hunter Freedom Unite? There's also Freedom and Freedom 2, so i'm not sure which you're referring to. If you are talking about Freedom Unite, I would say try the demo first. It's supposed to be a really great game, but I couldn't get into the demo when I downloaded it so I haven't played the actual game.

GrimsChild
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I have been a proud owner of Monster Hunter Freedom Unit for about half a year.

Thanks for reminding me to get round to playing it.

Panda
04-29-2010, 01:44 PM
As far as I can tell, it will only be really good if you have other people locally to play it with, or if you mod your PSP with tunneling software that allows you to play online.

GrimsChild
04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Which VanillaWare game should I get?

Princess Crown, Odin Sphere or GrimGrimmoire? (Already have Muramasa and am loving it and I want to try more of their games).

Panda
04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I've only played Odin Sphere, and as much as I despised the load times (I remember you said PAL versions were faster, though), the game was really fun.

GrimsChild
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
I've only played Odin Sphere, and as much as I despised the load times (I remember you said PAL versions were faster, though), the game was really fun.

Yeah, PAL version has shorter loading times and a bit smoother frame-rate and graphics.

lionheart91
04-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Which VanillaWare game should I get?

Princess Crown, Odin Sphere or GrimGrimmoire? (Already have Muramasa and am loving it and I want to try more of their games).

Odin Sphere is supposed to be a great game. I've never played it, but i've only heard good things about it.

GrimsChild
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM

I heard GrimGrimmoire was supposed to have gameplay a lot like Swords & Soldiers so that's definatly an incentive to get that (I remember you got Swords & Soldiers. Did you enjoy it?)

Also, Should I get Silent Hill 2 despite never having played a game in the series before or should I play something else before it? (Don't know if the stories are linked or not).

Panda
04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah,S&S was a blast, especially when I got to play multiplayer. The beginning were always really tense. "OMG, YOU'RE SENDING A JAGUAR WARIOR ALREADY!"

Lulz.

Skeletor1991
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I really meant either Unite 1 or 2. But I think I'm just going to pass on it. I was really hoping for online play with it. If I want portable MH to play online, I think I'll jsut wait to play on Peace Walker.

lionheart91
04-29-2010, 08:27 PM

I heard GrimGrimmoire was supposed to have gameplay a lot like Swords & Soldiers so that's definatly an incentive to get that (I remember you got Swords & Soldiers. Did you enjoy it?)

Also, Should I get Silent Hill 2 despite never having played a game in the series before or should I play something else before it? (Don't know if the stories are linked or not).

The only thing each Silent Hill game has in common is the enemies you fight and the town of Silent Hill itself. The stories are completely seperate from each other although SH3 has some story links to SH1. I would say try it out if you like survival horror since it is a great game and one of the best the genre has to offer.

GrimsChild
04-30-2010, 12:13 AM

The only thing each Silent Hill game has in common is the enemies you fight and the town of Silent Hill itself. The stories are completely seperate from each other although SH3 has some story links to SH1. I would say try it out if you like survival horror since it is a great game and one of the best the genre has to offer.

Sweet, I'll pick it up then. You mentioned it beign one of the best in the Genre and I think I've mentioned this before but are there any other good survival horrors? (Only one I've really played is Eternal Darkness and really want to get System Shock 1+2 and the Fatal Frame games)

lionheart91
04-30-2010, 12:50 AM

Sweet, I'll pick it up then. You mentioned it beign one of the best in the Genre and I think I've mentioned this before but are there any other good survival horrors? (Only one I've really played is Eternal Darkness and really want to get System Shock 1+2 and the Fatal Frame games)

Silent Hill 1 + 3 are really good as well, and I would suspect Shattered Dreams would be good since it is a reimagining of the first game. The newest Alone in the Dark game is decent, but it isn't that scary and I would only recommend the PS3 version if any. I actually did a review of it, check it out if you want. Clock Tower and Dino Crisis are also pretty good and can both be downloaded from the PSOne classics section on PSN. I've never played the Fatal Frame games but the second is supposed to be one of the scariest games of all time, and the entire series is really good according to fans of the genre. The fourth game on the Wii was only released in Japan though. And of course, the Resident Evil games are all great games.

I'm sure there is a lot more but survival horror really isn't my strong point.

FlibberMagee
04-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Hey there. Well. I'm thinking of getting something off the Wii Shop Channel. My top choices at the moment(in no order) are Legend of Zelda 2, Paper Mario 64, World of Goo, or Max & the Magic Marker. I'm thinking of knocking Zelda out since it's only 500 points, so I could get it another time, and I also have to finish almost every other Zelda game I have. I'm leaning towards Paper Mario, then World of Goo, but what do you guys think?

Panda
04-30-2010, 08:06 AM
If you want to get the most for your points, Paper Mario will last you longer than World of Goo. Both games are dangerously fun, though.

Minutes
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah agree, Paper Mario would last you a long time. Though I wouldn't say they are both dangerously fun~

GrimsChild
04-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Paper Mario.

I never really found World of Goo that "fun" Interesting definatly but not really fun.

Skeletor1991
04-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Paper Mario all the way. I own an original copy, totally worth the pay. But like said before, be ready. You'll play that game till you beat it.

Masamune
05-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Ok, my birthday's coming up and I'm a bit undecided on what to get. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've come to two options within the last day or two:

1. Get Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition before the price skyrockets, and continue to save up for a NA PS2

2. Get a NA PS2

I'm leaning heavily towards option 1, but I wanted your guy's opinion.

GrimsChild
05-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd go for the NA PS2, I don't see the price skyrocketing any time soon.

Masamune
05-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I do agree Grims, but by the time I've managed to save up the money to get it at it's current pricing it probably will have gone up (It'd take at least another two months). NA PS2s on the other will most likely remain the same. I think I might just go with getting FFXIII, since it's apparantly got a gameplay time of 100 odd hours and I could easily add about 20-30 hours onto that, so it would keep me busy for a long time, long enough to get my NA PS2 and some games to boot.

GrimsChild
05-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I do agree Grims, but by the time I've managed to save up the money to get it at it's current pricing it probably will have gone up (It'd take at least another two months). NA PS2s on the other will most likely remain the same. I think I might just go with getting FFXIII, since it's apparantly got a gameplay time of 100 odd hours and I could easily add about 20-30 hours onto that, so it would keep me busy for a long time, long enough to get my NA PS2 and some games to boot.

Can't you just get some money off your parents and get both?

What games do you exactly plan to get for your NA PS2 anyway? (Only games I'm interested in are some Tales of Games but hey, what do I know).

Masamune
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM

What games do you exactly plan to get for your NA PS2 anyway? (Only games I'm interested in are some Tales of Games but hey, what do I know).
Well the Tales of games, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Shining Force games, Fullmetal Alchemist games, MegaMan/X Collection, several other and several PS1 games.

But I probably couldn't get money off them, they're pretty uptight when it comes to money. I don't really mind waiting anyway to be honest.

GrimsChild
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Well the Tales of games, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Shining Force games, Fullmetal Alchemist games, MegaMan/X Collection, several other and several PS1 games.

But I probably couldn't get money off them, they're pretty uptight when it comes to money. I don't really mind waiting anyway to be honest.

I agree with Tales of, Couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts, Get Shining Force III as a top priority, Heard the FMA games weren't very good, Can't find Megaman X for a cheap price (Amazon has the gamecube version at 110) and what PS1 games?

Get money of friends? Busk?