PDA

View Full Version : TSG Online Brochure?

CodeZTM
02-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey guys, I'm really bringing this up due to a small concern I had after class today. We had a guest speaker from the US Attorney General's office come in and talk to us all about the legal issues I'm studying in Business Legalities and Ethics. And one of the things that came up was the discussion of "Non-Profit-Charities" that aren't recognized as a non-profit organization. Well, I immediately thought "TSG" and perked up an ear.

One of the things the speaker said was about the usual scams that some companies come up with really bothered me. Not that I'm saying TSG is scam! I know well enough that these guys are great and would never do such a thing. I'm just bringing this up for newcomers or casual people that would view the stream and think otherwise. :lol:

Anyway, what the guy says is that each company should have a brochure or some sort of written [or digital] copy that describes exactly what their organization does, how much of their funds go into charitable organizations and how much goes to them and so and and so forth [or in TSG's case, how much goes to Paypal fees].

What came next was kind of a shock. He explained that companies/organizations that don't have these kind of things can be subject to litigation from their state's Attorney General office prosecutors, should anything they do be even remotely considered fraud or possibly anything underhanded that might go on.

Well, quite obviously TSG wouldn't get sued because I'm sure they have ample amounts of paperwork and proof of their contributions [I know the site has the receipts from the donations and national media attention], but I thought it'd be nice to have one entire section dedication to "About Us" and offer a downloadable PDF file explaining the organization's goals, how much goes to where and how much paypal takes out of the donations. [Also, I know we have an About Us section, I just think it'd be good to revamp it. XD]

This way people could easily be directed and no confusion/doubt would exist, and TSG would just have another professional air about them.

Plus, I'm sure theres many underage donators here that would love to prove to their parents this isn't some video game scam helping the terrorists build weapons of mass destruction in Texas. :fail:

GoldGameMaster
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
You know what, thats an awesome idea.

Araman
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
That's a great idea! And as far as I can recall, TSG doesn't need 501c3 status (the non-profit gov't standard) because they don't operate that way, they're basically a funnel for funds to organizations that ARE 501c3 approved. It's no different than families who have fundraisers for other family members who might have health issues, or something along those lines.

The gov't can, however, ask for records of where the money came from, and proof that it went to the charitable org it was claimed to go to, and I have no doubt in my mind that TSG keeps very good tabs on archiving this :)

Masamune
02-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea! I'd happily distribute printed copies as well. :D

On a almost-completely-unrelated note, I'm still pioneering to get foreign TSG groups set up. Will I ever succeed? Probably not. _awesome_

Trust, Me I Got This
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Plus, I'm sure theres many underage donators here that would love to prove to their parents this isn't some video game scam helping the terrorists build weapons of mass destruction in Texas. :fail:

Thats exactly what my parents think, you've got a Thumbs up from me on this :thumbs:

kmmgreen5
02-26-2010, 04:32 PM
that's a good thing to inform all the community marathoner's ,excellent work

Kylethedarkn
02-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea. 100% support this. :P

xClutchxF
02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Code, if this goes through. I will love you.

the1stpkmnfan
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
I like this idea. Perhaps could come in handy for promoting. :)

Sonic62
02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Good thinking! :D